Enough Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Allison don't let this little thing ruin what you and Jake have. Treat it as I did. It is just part of his job. Think of the happiness he will bring to the Damsel by giving her a child. I know you will feel jealousy but when that monster raises its head slay it. Move to the bed and love your man while he is with his caretaker or the Damsel. Take him to bed here on earth if that is where the monster strikes. If you need more help with the monster come to me."

By now Allison was crying. She hugged Tessa to her and buried her head in the crease of her neck. While she was holding Allison Tessa pulled her cell from her pocket and called John and Jake back into the room.

When Allison saw Jake come through the door she jumped from Tessa's arms and ran to him. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him while she continued to cry. Jake gently held her and rubbed her back. Finally Allison pushed away from him and looked him in the eyes. She stood on her tip toes and gave him a gentle kiss then said, "Jake Harvey. I love you. I want to be your wife and your Heroes Companion. I think I can live with what you have to do on Crossroads but if you EVER fuck around on me back here on earth I will kick your sorry ass to the curb so fast it'll take a month for your asshole to catch up to it."

Jake smiled and pulled Allison to him once more. "I can live with that Honey. I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course the same goes for you."

Over the course of the summer John and Tessa put Jake and Allison through some grueling training. They had both been going to Karate classes for several years so that part of their training was just sharpened a little by teaching them some of the more dangerous killing strokes they had not learned yet. They got a lot of training in knife fighting, knife throwing, swordsmanship, archery and even fighting with staves. John took Jake well past the unarmed combat techniques he had learned in the Army. Jake could have walked onto any training field he had ever been on while in the army and taken on any or all the instructors by the time John pronounced him competent to travel on Chaos.

Tessa and John both took them camping and hiking in national forests in Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, and in the mountains of Colorado to hone their camping skills. There were many days and nights spent training them to defend themselves against ambush and sneak attacks. In many ways their training was as tough and complete as that undergone by our military. The only difference was they did not use modern weapons and detection devices.

Of course the entire summer was not filled with training for Chaos. The family still had its business to run. After Jake decided he wanted to take over the farm and orchard they had expanded the number of acres planted in all the different crops. They now had 60 acres of fruit trees and 15 acres of garden vegetables. The remaining 5 acres of the farm were given over to buildings, yards and parking areas.

During the summer the family also remodeled the old farmhouse on the 40 acres John had purchased from his cousin years before. John and Tessa had never seen the need to remodel it and move from the quarters they occupied over the sales room in the old orchard building. The quarters above the sales area were where they lived when they were first married. It had always been enough for them.

The young woman who had been taking care of the house for his cousin Marcie had continued to live there and worked out her rent by helping on the farm. She had become almost as much of a mother to John and Tessa's three children as was Tessa.

Andrea had married three times but never had children. All her husbands had been total assholes. She had divorced each of them after varying numbers of years. Two had cheated on her and one had been abusive. She was now a permanent member of John and Tessa's family. During the remodel they made an apartment over the garage for her to live out her life in. Jake and Allison would occupy the house after they married.

Finally John pronounced them as ready as they would ever be for their first mission. Jake proudly put his ring on his finger and he and Allison made plans to go. They decided they would take their first mission the day before their wedding was scheduled. This was done purposefully because of the heightened libido the adventures generated. Of course the knowledge that the Healing Chamber enhanced earth females' libido's helped with that decision. They felt their honeymoon would be much better with both of them on the high sexual plateau they would have from the mission and healing chamber.

The wedding rehearsal and meal went well for the couple and the wedding party. By 2230 all the guests had gone and John, Tessa, Jake and Allison were standing outside the arms room. John hugged his son and stepped back. He said, "Remember it will only be 15 minutes here on earth but you could be gone months or years on Cassandra and Chaos. Most Heroes leave themselves notes to find when they return to help remind them of recent and future events that are important to them. While we are here you don't really have to do that but it is a good habit to get into. Now go. Have fun and above all remember what we have taught you and be safe."

With tears in her eyes Tessa quickly moved to first Jake then Allison to give them tight hugs and a quick gentle kiss on the cheek. Allison smiled up at Jake and took his hand. They turned to the doorway that contained the portal and stepped through. Just as Jake remembered and Allison had been told there was a bright flash of light and they appeared in a bright white room. For Jake the only differences this time were being with Allison instead of his father and knowing that now HE was the Hero and responsible for not only his and Allison's safety but for rescuing a Damsel. They could literally live or die based on his skills and mission planning.

Almost immediately a beautiful grey haired woman appeared from another door. She was dressed in a sheer flowing robe. The two young people could see all her treasures. Her perfect breasts swayed gently from side to side as she moved toward them. Her nipples were large and standing proud tenting out the sheer material over the breasts. Her pussy was shaved bare and glistened slightly with arousal.

The woman stopped about four feet from the young couple and said, "Good evening. I am Evelyn Hero Greeter. Welcome to Crossroads. Could I have your names please?"

Jake looked shocked. He stammered a moment then got a grip on his emotions. He said, "Evelyn Hero Greeter? But you look so young... that was the name of the Hero Greeter that met my father on his first mission..."

Evelyn smiled widely and said, "I am older than I look young man. I must admit I am almost at the end of my career but I AM the Hero Greeter. It's so nice to meet the son of a Hero. I am pleased and honored to meet another generation of Hero. Now could I get your names please so we can begin the process of finding you a Caretaker?"

"Yes, of course. I'm so sorry. I'm Jake Harvey and this is my fiancée on earth. She is going to be my Companion on Chaos. Her name is Allison Stevens."

Evelyn turned and gestured toward another doorway that had opened in the wall. "Come. Let's go into the lounge and visit."

When they entered the lounge Evelyn seated the couple. She sat facing them, looked at them for a moment then asked, "Do you need refreshment or a meal?"

Jake and Allison both opted for a Mountain Dew. Evelyn turned her head slightly upward and to the side and spoke her order for the refreshments. Allison jumped when there was a gentle pop and the drinks appeared on the coffee table between the two couches on which they were seated.

After she had served the drinks Evelyn raised her head slightly and said, "Files on Jake Harvey, Missouri, USA, Earth and Allison Stevens, Missouri, USA, Earth. Also provide the rule books for Heroes and Companions."

There was another gentle pop and two folders and two books appeared on the coffee table. Evelyn leaned forward and picked up the books. She looked at the titles before handing Jake the rulebook for Heroes and Allison the one for Companions. Evelyn then picked up the largest folder and began reading it. She smiled after she had read the first page and looked over at Jake. "Hero Jake it is indeed an honor to meet you. Your grandfather and father were very great Heroes and well known and respected on Cassandra. We are honored and proud you have chosen to continue your service and the tradition of your ancestors."

After she had completely read the large file on Jake it was placed gently on the table. Evelyn picked up Allison's file. Once again she smiled while she read. After Evelyn had finished reading Allison's file she looked at her and said, "Welcome to you too Allison. I am impressed with your school records and with the training you have undertaken to prepare you for service as a Heroes Companion. Even though they are not Heroes of Cassandra your father and grandfather could have been I am sure. Both of them have excellent military records on earth. Both are honorable men. You come from a heroic family and I expect great things from you as well as from Hero Jake."

Evelyn looked at both of the young people and said, "I see you have completed reading the Rule Books. Are there any questions?" When both shook their heads no Evelyn continued, "Well then. I suppose we need to let you decide on a Caretaker now."

Evelyn raised her head and said, "Files on the top three Caretaker candidates for Hero Jake."

There was another soft pop and three folders appeared on the table. Evelyn picked them up and quickly paged though them. She smiled and placed them on the table in front of Jake. "It looks like you are going to have a difficult time picking a Caretaker Hero Jake. All three of the best candidates for you are very well trained and qualified for the job. Take your time in the selection. When you have decided on a Caretaker please let the AI know. I will notify your choice and bring her to meet you. Just before Evelyn left the room she raised her head once more and gave an order. "Provide a meal and refreshment whenever Hero Jake requests it." She looked over at Jake and Allison and continued speaking, "Through that door is the bedroom if you become tired before you make your choice. There are toilet facilities in the room opening off the bedroom."

Evelyn stood and walked gracefully out the door she had entered so short a time before. Jake looked over at Allison and smiled. He reached for one of the folders and handed it to Allison. He picked up another one for himself. He said, "Lets each of us look over the candidates and rank them then we will discuss each choice before we settle on one. Ok Honey?"

Allison smiled and nodded her head yes." The two young people began reading the material in the folders. Jake was not totally surprised by what he found in the folders but he was definitely impressed. He had a very hard time ranking the candidates from best to worst. Each of them had something the others lacked. He was slightly surprised at the nude photo on the very last page of each folder but even that was expected. He had heard the story of his father's and mother's selection process for their Caretaker. He had a good laugh when Allison came to the last page of her first folder and saw the picture though. No one had told her what to expect.

The three candidates were about the same age as Jake. Like the majority of women from Cassandra they were very beautiful. Sally Office Manager had degrees in Computer Science and Business Management. Her hobbies were war gaming and ancient weapons. Patricia Chef had advanced degrees in History and Restaurant Management. Her hobbies were ancient cooking and food preservation practices. She also had an in depth knowledge of edible wild Chaos Plants. The final candidate was Sharon Protective Services Officer. This was a position similar to our police, FBI and CIA rolled into one. Her hobbies were Hand to Hand Combat and Combat Tactics. She was very active in one of the war gaming societies.

Naturally Jake ranked the candidates in the order Sharon, Sally, Patricia. Sharon and Sally ranked higher than Patricia because of their tactical, combat and war gaming knowledge. To his surprise however Allison ranked the candidates Sally, Sharon, Patricia. Jake looked at her rankings and asked her why she had placed the candidates in that order.

"Well Honey Patricia Chef was last because she really doesn't have any hobbies or special training that could help us plan for or complete our missions. Her knowledge of edible plants might be a help but I think between us we know enough to kill or find our own food if we cannot buy it. Her knowledge of foods would not be that beneficial to us.

"I picked Sharon as the second candidate because she is just a policewoman who plays computer and role playing games on the side. Sally has the most useful hobby for us. The war gaming and knowledge of ancient weapons could be very helpful when we are planning a mission to rescue a Damsel."

"Hummm. I agree with you on Patricia Chef. For our purposes she is definitely the least desirable of the candidates. I really think you missed the point on the other two though. I agree Sally has some very useful skills but stop and think a minute. We are very good with medieval weapons and hand to hand combat. I was in the Army long enough to learn some combat tactics and mission planning so we sort of have that covered.

"I feel like Sharon Protective Services Officer is the number one pick for caretaker though. She is active in war gaming societies like Sally is plus she is a police officer. She could give us a great insight into the minds of some of the criminals we might run up against. She should have some psychological knowledge that might make it easier for us to understand the mindset of the people endangering the Damsels too. Also, and above all, she should be very capable of helping us develop the initial plan to rescue the Damsel because of her Combat Tactics knowledge. We will still have to make the final plans on the ground when we arrive at the location the Damsel is being held. I think Sharon might be capable of giving us some insights and advice the others could not. Really her hobbies and Sally's are close enough to identical that the difference is minor. I feel her law enforcement experience makes her the prime candidate because we will be dealing with criminals on Chaos and she can perhaps give us some idea of how they think and will react in certain situations."

"I never looked at it like that Honey. I think you are right. Sharon should be our first pick. Before we decide for sure though why don't we have a nice meal and get some sleep? I'm really tired. Then we can look over the folders once more in the morning and make our final decision after we've had time to think about it a little longer."

Jake and Allison set the folders aside and ordered up a nice prime rib dinner and two bottles of a really great Merlot. After a long, hot, horny shower together they climbed into the most comfortable bed either of them had ever slept in. In spite of the arousal they generated showering together they dropped off to sleep within minutes of getting in bed.

The next morning Jake woke first and went into the lounge. He ordered coffee and was reading the folders once more when Allison walked up behind him. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She kissed his cheek then walked around and plopped down on his lap. They had slept nude and Allison had not bothered to dress before leaving the bedroom to find Jake. Jake felt his cock twitch when he saw Allison in her state of undress and felt her naked ass on his equally naked lap.

After a long kiss while she sat in his lap the couple ordered and ate breakfast. During the meal they once more reviewed the folders and discussed the candidates. Finally they came to a consensus opinion once more. Their decision remained unchanged from the night before. They had both raised more points about the candidates but in the end they still agreed Sharon Protective Services Officer should be the chosen Caretaker.

Jake leaned back into the couch and raised his voice. He said, "Please tell Evelyn Hero Greeter we have made a decision on the Caretaker. We have chosen Sharon Protective Services Officer.

Unknown to Jake and Allison the first thing Evelyn did was make their selection known to the various individuals concerned with it.

The selection was immediately transmitted to Cassandra where it caused some amount of consternation and a small problem. Sharon was at the time in a sealed court room testifying in a trial of a criminal she had apprehended. Normally NOTHING could breech the security of a sealed trial. This time however the AI in charge of the security and recording testimony and so forth spoke with no prompting from the Judge or any of the participants in the trial.

The AI spoke, "Pardon me your Honor and ladies. I have just been apprised of a situation that requires the immediate presence of Sharon Protective Services Officer. This trial is therefore suspended until further notice. Sharon Protective Services Officer you have been selected as Caretaker for a new Hero. Your presence is required on Crossroads immediately to begin your duties there. Hero Jake comes from a long line of Heroes. He is the third in direct line of the Harvey Heroes. He has a Hero Companion, Allison in attendance at this time also."

The courtroom broke out in jubilation after the AI stopped speaking. Even the defendant smiled and made her congratulations known. Sharon sat in happy shock for a moment. To her embarrassment tears were running down her cheeks. This had been her last chance to be chosen as a Caretaker. She had been considered and non selected twice before. In a daze she stood and turned to the Judge. She said, "With your permission Your Honor. I must depart immediately to attend my Hero."

The Judge smiled and said, "By all means Caretaker. And congratulations. I hope your Hero has a long and successful career. I and all of Cassandra look forward to his successful missions and to hearing of his many successes. We look forward to many children from him."

Sharon began walking slowly toward the door. As she moved away from her seat in the witness box she began moving faster and faster until she was running. She slammed through the door and ran down the hallway. The applause from the witnesses to her selection reverberated throughout the courtroom and hallways and sped her on her way. Her face was locked in a huge grin and happy tears were running down her cheekbones. As she passed the people in the hallway she barely heard their congratulations and well wishes. Finally she arrived at the nearest transport portal and rushed inside.

A quick flash of light and she was in the arrival portal on Crossroads. Evelyn Hero Greeter smiled at the excited woman and said, "Welcome Caretaker. Come. We will dress you properly then you must meet your Hero and his Companion."

After giving the AI his selection for Caretaker Jake turned toward where he thought the door should be and waited for Evelyn to appear. He had expected her immediately but it was almost thirty minutes before she appeared. When Evelyn arrived there was another woman with her. Evelyn stepped through the door and to the side. The woman behind her came through and stood beside Evelyn. She looked at Jake and smiled then her glance took in Allison and she wrinkled her forehead in a small frown.

Evelyn smiled and said, "Hero Jake and Companion Allison this is Sharon Caretaker. I'll leave her with you now. She will be responsible for meeting all your needs from here on out. She will help you select and plan for your rescue missions as well as see to your day to day needs while you are here on Crossroads.