Enter Sandman Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers

No doubt Sandman was surprised on two fronts. Firstly someone trying to kill him in his own house and secondly it was a dead man behind the gun. You know in movies where people have long conversations while they are trying to shoot each other. Well in real life that doesn't happen. No snappy lines as you don't want to give your position away. Sandman fired a couple of more shots.

I knew I was overmatched so I got up and made a run for the garage door while firing for cover. Suddenly the lights went out and I tripped over something hitting the floor. I had just hit the floor when 4 shots went into the door where my head and bodyshould have been.

I won't lie. I was really scared because I knew he was coming for me. I was losing blood, getting weaker and had no idea what to do. I decided to go out blazing, I tried to listen and couldn't hear anything no footsteps at all. I then made my play I figured he was crawling towards me so I foolishly fired all my shots towards where I last thought he was, I made the shots low and heard nothing. I had given my position away and felt I was a dead man.

In the next second the lights came back on although actually it was a car's lights in the driveway. In them I saw Sandman. He was lying on the floor. I had grazed him across the head but he was regaining consciousness. I saw a knife on the floor between us. I grabbed it and made my way across to Sandman only to find he was playing possum! He quickly rose and said

"Never bring a knife to a gunfight Roger."

Suddenly blood was splattered all over me and Sandman was falling to the floor dead. I fell to my knees and was picked up and dragged outside by Brian Moses. He had come to help in my hour of need. He dragged me into his car and stopped my bleeding then went back into the house for 5 minutes. Brian returned and he drove like hell away from the mansion when everything went black.

I awoke to the sounds of waves and a Border Collie licking my face. I was in bed at Brian's house. I was sore but one of Brian's 'friends' was a retired doctor and had fixed me up. I had been unconscious for days but I was alive and Sandman was dead.

Epilogue

I returned to the cabin with my dog Jess to recuperate. I closely followed the story of the death of Greg Sands. The Police investigation concluded that at least 2 armed intruders got the jump on the brave Greg Sands and he was killed in the ensuing gun fight. There were no suspects and no leads. Brian had returned to the house for that 5 vital minutes to destroy blood evidence and it worked. Sandman was given a hero's funeral but dead was dead regardless.

I was going to pay a visit to Kelly when I had recovered but Kelly beat me to the punch. She was a selfish bitch her whole life, so when she took her own life I wasn't surprised. She had placed Sandman's service pistol in her mouth and pulled the trigger.

In her note she stated she couldn't live without the greatest man she ever knew, Greg Sands. I felt a bit hollow that I couldn't have met her one last time and ended it on my terms but she always seemed to be one step ahead of me.

So now I'm in my car with Jess beside me. We are heading towards Brian's beach house for a family reunion. Roger Easton will remain dead but Jess doesn't care so long as Justin Green will survive.

While driving I reflected on love, friendship and betrayal and have learnt the past is the past and it doesn't have to define your future.

I will survive. I will survive.

The End

davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers
12