All Comments on 'Eternity Ring'

by MissLisaJones

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
beautiful story!

I am still a little heartbroken that it didnt end as i had thought it would, but I loved how you wrapped 2 stories into one. :)

some part of me was certainly calling for something like you wrote in the epilogue, but i had been falling for your main characters by then and it made it incredibly hard for me to just ... i am not sure, what i am trying to say ... maybe S. and Rh. deserve their own story - if only to do Sally justice.

warm greetings all the way from Germany.

estragonestragonabout 12 years ago
One of the Best

from one of the best. I too had questions about the ending, but GMLJ has delivered another winner. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Pretty much a masterpiece!

A classic example of how to write a first class short story with an element of sexual attraction running through it - but never degenerating into the full-blown 'intimate body parts' style of erotica. The combination of spiritual mystery and modern life is brilliantly balanced.

It deserves publishing in 'legitimate' print, Add four or five more just as good and you would be a 'mainstream' success

Or are you already?

1Martiniman1Martinimanabout 12 years ago
Simply Fabulous

Another fabulous story that can be added to your already long & distinguished list. I loved the story within a story, as well as the freshness of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

excellent story glad your writeing again please dont leave it long till your new project iv really missed your storys

elle_9549elle_9549about 12 years ago
Amazing!

Wow wow wow wow wow! I was so happy to see a story from you, and it did not disappoint! This was totally amazing, as always, although I did think that Rhonda and Jessica would end up together. But I get it - she's straight and that's reality. :) I AM glad she left that jerk Jeremy though. I loved it, and I look forward to more! ~ L

manpantsmanpantsabout 12 years ago

Really enjoyed it-- couldn't help but read it when I noticed who wrote it.

lilbit29lilbit29about 12 years ago

Loved it!!!! Awsome read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Eh.

I did like the story... But I don't see a reason for the unhappy ending. All it does is inspire sadness with a ridiculous rejection.. That's more so a tragedy than a love story. Only reason it's 4 stars over 5 stars.

MissLisaJonesMissLisaJonesabout 12 years agoAuthor
To Anon (and various others)

Let's get this straight. I made it quite clear from the start that Jessica was straight. Completely straight. While she was wearing the ring and under its spell she had feelings for Rhonda but they weren't hers, they were the ring's.

So, when the ring came off, Jessica's sexual attraction to Rhonda ended. She returned to being the straight girl. Maybe I should have bowed down to the age old cliché that the straight girl can be turned but that is as erroneous, and as insulting, as James Bond converting Pussy Galore from lesbianism to straight sex in Goldfinger or, god help us, the practice of "corrective rape" in South Affrica. Sexual orientation is how you are and not, repeat not, a choice.

And then Anon complains about the unhappy ending. Well, as I read it

* Mebh and Freyja are free to spend eternity together - or maybe it's just a pair of red kites not normally found in that region.

* Jessica has left Jeremy and found a nice young man who wont beat her up

* Rhonda has found Sally and gives her a ride like never before.

* Rhonda and Jessica will be friends forever - Rhonda will, undoubtedly, be godmother to Jessica's children as and when.

So, what's so sad about that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Suprise

It was surprisingly a good story. I thought they would be together , but it still ended will. Like you said , she had the courage to leave a man that abused her and Rhonda out a friend and a lover who truly loves her. All in all it was well written.

AnomolousCowherdAnomolousCowherdabout 12 years ago
A Nice Tale

Definitely five stars. I was a bit surprised by the ending - but it makes perfect sense and, as MissLisaJones points out, in the end they were all happy.

All of MLJ's have been outstanding. Definitely one of my favorite authors.

sweetgrl213sweetgrl213about 12 years ago
Another good story!(*****)

A good story with a great end.I normaly like BDSM themed storys but I like this too.Hope to see another long story like 'Gotcha' about 20 chapters(of course if you don't mind)

Arago007Arago007over 10 years ago
Great story...

Loved the story, and the story within!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

very well written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From a fantasy fan

I've loved fantasy/supernatural tales since I was a teenage lad (and that's one hell of a lot of years ago). I have to be honest and say that Eternity Ring isn't professional standard but it's bloody good high-end amateur. Loved the plot, loved the characters, and as someone of Irish descent I appreciated the Celtic influences in the tale. Five stars, Lisa, and every one thoroughly deserved.

Brian

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks dude

I really enjoyed this and a bunch of your other stuff

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous