All Comments on 'Euphoria'

by TonyDowse

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
Dafydd1Dafydd1about 15 years ago
Book me a trip to Euphoria

How much of this story is real and how much is fantasy? The preface is unsettlingly realistic, throwing the reader off-balance for when the erotic fiction kicks in. This is the mark of an expert writer who has clearly given the story a great deal of thought and has refined and polished the whole production. There is no repetition of setting, dialogue, or activity description, which makes it a pleasure to read, independent of the pleasure to be gained from the subject-matter. My one regret is that, although I found it an interesting and valid experiment in writing-style, the story was brought down for me by the rather cumbersome device of the narrator addressing it directly to his lover, which I found slightly distracting. Others may well feel that it adds a personal quality to the story, which is then a bonus.

That said, the story is packed with erotic highlights and genuinely arousing descriptions. The first two chapters in the female voice are delicious and the attention to detail throughout is captivating. One example: the description of how erotic it is to watch his lover getting dressed (not undressed) pinpoints one of my own favourite mental images with unerring accuracy. His hallmark concern for the woman's pleasure shone through time and again, adding that extra quality of love and romance to the first-rate sex and passion content.

If that is Euphoria, book me a trip there right now!

Dafydd in UK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous