Everything for the Career Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Asshole Arthur!!

Jennifer... bitch...!!!

And other such thoughts came unabated into my mind. And there was no one to help me out. There was no other recourse -- I cried my frustrations out.

Late into the night, I decided that staying alone with my thoughts was a sure-fire way to go to the loony bin. So I decided to start getting a semblance of life back. The first thing I decided, after washing my face and composing myself, was to sign up for the Industry Best Practices seminar that I always went to.

The seminar was one of the few things in this life of mine that was a given constant. And as such it gave a feeling of being ground to me. Made me feel in familiar territory. I hoped that going to this seminar would help me to forget my actions and decisions, and for a short while allow me the luxury of a normal life.

So I whipped out my credit card, signed on it, and confirmed my name too.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story is so whiny, so long and both characters are so stupid. She is a self serving schmuck and he is not exactly a thinker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both of them are infantile and wholly unlikable. Not even worth analyzing; a pox on both of them. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He did not kill their marriage. If he was the wife, everyone would tell him, "good riddance" she was neglecting him. That's abuse. She would like and say she'd make it up to him, or gaslight him into thinking hes being unreasinable.

If the ONLY complaint he has for himself is he did not threaten to leave her earlier....THAT IS NOT healthy. He shouldn't bear that responsibility. Hes the husband. If you have to threaten to leave someone to wake them up...they are in an abusive relationship! He IS a victim. He DID play the martyr.

15 years she neglects him. No children to show for it. No one would marry a spouse if they said upfront " I don't want kids...I'll barely notice you exist. I just need you as constantly t emotional support. And i may fuck you a few times a year"

She broke every other marriage vow.

This story became a joke when he internalized some blame. He is only responsible for not LEAVING sooner. That is NOT healthy. If his only fault is loving too much, and her taking advantage.. that is toxic

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

I was off on my previous post by 1.

Increase all the #x by 1.

My mistake.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Great tale till now.

Can we say “Hand Grenade”? Sure you can.

Sorry, but I have read #3 twice now and still cannot make it fit neatly into slot #2 (or #1) in a way that these chapters mesh easily.

The tale has turned and not for the better.

On to #4 and hopefully ...

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 4 years ago
The Rare Time

that I would disagree with the "don't email angry" rule.

Bernie deserved a huge "fuck you" for sticking his nose into this.

First of all, he has one side of the story, that of the arrogant, ignorant wife. None of the 15-year suffering husband's experiences were in Bernie's mind.

Second, relationship breakdowns like this do not occur in a vacuum. When people say "Oh he's a wimp for not saying anything". Dollars to donuts, in the real world, he did say something, for years and was placated or pacified with an "Oh I'll make it up to you" which ultimately never happens. What's the point in arguing with that? Each one of these saps good will; it drains a little of hope out of the party whose always asking for engagement of the partner. You have to keep making deposits of time and effort in a relationship so there is something to balance all of these withdrawals against good will. Bernie is completely blowing smoke here, since he's unaware that the wife's balance was overdrawn ages ago.

Thirdly, the lines he uses on Arthur "insecure bastard. And a wife-hater". Just fuck no, you arrogant, old fuck. I know assholes like this in real life, and they cannot be told to shut the fuck up often enough.

Fourth, "He was writing on behalf of Jennifer because I would not even listen to her, hear her out, pick her calls, talk to her, read her emails or reply back. So he had no choice but to email me myself." Mind your own business you senile codger. Jennifer is a grown-up and knew what she was getting into. A 32-year old woman knew exactly what she was doing. She was just too arrogant to think she'd get called on it. One would think a VP at a multi-national bank would know about balancing credits and debits. But it was only about her, and never about her partner.

I like a lot in this story, but this section, and Arthur's subsequent milquetoast lapse into self-flagellation to accept what he's being bullied into really ruins what has been built up so far. This whole scene should have been left out, with Arthur having second thoughts on his own and still ended at the same point.

I'll continue this series, but holy shit, did this scene throw a wrench into what was a good series! There needs to be some damage control here.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Still good

A lot of hurt and neglect for Arthur to get through. Interesting story for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A nice fairytale but totally unreal

My main concern goes to the core of your story. Why on Earth do they love each and want so desperately back. He played second (or maybe thrid or fourth...) for 15 years. He was a wimp who didnt express his needs or feelings to his wife and tolerated the situation too long and too far. She is and entitled self-centered bitch who ignored her husband for years. So if this story has any connection with reality you need to explain me why on Earth is she so desperated to get him back. SHe was no part of her life for 15 years! For Christ sake, they didnt even have sex for 6 months! What is she so desperately missing fro her husband or her married life? If this story were real she should be worried about her corporate image,

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
The reality.

The corporate world doesn't give a damn about their employees marriages The corporate world only cares about the bottom line. It's a nice fantasy, but it's not reality. That said, enjoying the story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I can see Arthur blaming himself

During a self analysis but with all due respect the whole problem started because Jennifer did not put him first. That seems to be the problem in many marriages that end up in divorce. Sure he may have acted differently in hindsight, but there wouldn't have this problem in the first place if she made him a priority or at least equal to her professional ambitions. My guess is that early on she probably would have blown him off anyway. As a matter of fact it seemed to happen in the past, such as when he was in the hospital. Definitely her fault this time and for Bernie to take it out on Arthur is ridiculous. It's no wonder Arthur is angry.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
More Stories