All Comments on 'Ex Libris'

by Alex De Kok

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
There are too few romances

written and I think it is because they are so hard to pull off. There is character development, dialog and a story line required and not everyone can put those together. Sex is 90% between the ears. Not to mention you have to write about people you can actually care about and there are few enough of them. You did it all and for that, thanks.

AZSAMAZSAMover 14 years ago
Love is Blooming

I agree completely with Anonymous. Well done development of characters and story line.

SinsiousSirenSinsiousSirenover 14 years ago
Lovely

Wonderful! Beautiful! Romantic! Gentle!

I enjoyed your characters, the spin of the plot, the paitence of him to her, and the way he allowed her to open to him, bonding them in so many ways.

And her animal side, oh, ever woman has one, they just don't always show it, or no how to. I loved the way you brought it to life, all of her. From the shy quite girl to the Vixen.

Perfectly balanced!

Please write more!

domrogerdomrogerover 14 years ago
Protest

Despite the authors protests this a gentle erotic romance and well worth the length of the story.

lust_4_ulust_4_uover 14 years ago
Excellent Job!

Don't sell yourself short - I almost didn't read it after your warning of how lowg it was!! I was disappointed to find the last page come so soon!! I loved the characters - very well thought out and delivered with just enough depth to feel you "knew" them. Storyline was very good - not cheesy!! I look forward to your next story!

TE999TE999over 14 years ago
Well done, Alex

Your misgivings aside, I thought this was an excellent story and a classic romance. One is tempted to use the cleched' 'caterpillar to butterfly' description of the lady's awakening to life and love, but it is apt in this case. Kudos.

KOTKKOTKover 14 years ago
This was just......Uummm

Romantic, Sweet, Tender & Lovely written with great love by the writer. You have a good taste in food as well. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful story & for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
How wonderful is this piece?

How wonderful is this piece?

If we could make this compulsory reading for young people before they actually made love, THEY would benefit! What an experience for both of the characters, her gentle and loving awakening by a gentle and caring and dare I say, loving partner.Thank you for your skill in putting together a story that flows and does take us on a journey of dicovery.

Jewellee

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 14 years ago
Wonderful

A wonderful story that I really enjoyed. It was a little long but great just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What a perfect story

What a wonderfully erotic tale. Gentle, romantic, exciting. You definitely have a way with words. Please keep writing. Enjoyed this so much, I am looking forward to reading more. And, please, no apologies for being romantic - it is the romance that made the story so erotic.

davidwattsdavidwattsover 14 years ago
Far from slow

As always, you have such a gift for dialogue that the reader simply slides into the story as if they are right there with the characters. Your stories are the literary equivalents of the film "My Dinner With Andre" - pleasant journeys with people you wish you knew that you never want to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Absolutely fantastic!

I, like one of your other readers, almost didn't read the story when it said it was long and cheesy. I decided to ignore that first gut reaction and am I ever glad I did. Usually stories this long can seem to take forever to read, even if they are really good. Yours actually held my attention and that made for an amazingly fast read. I was absolutely smitten with the characters and their development. Besides a few minor editing mistakes, it was incredibly well-written, technically speaking. I always appreciate writers who take the time to proofread and who know how to write, use propper grammer and punctuation. So, thank you so much for incredible contribution to the Literotica community. I can't wait to see more of your work. Don't take so long for the next time, please! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thank you!

All male writers are idiots who can't write romance and think love is all about male dominance and cheating women. At least, that's what most people think - it's what I thought before reading this story. And now I can replace 'All' by 'Most'. For you're not like the others. Speaking as a guy who can't write, that's nice to know. Thank you.

More about this couple would have been nice. But even if they didn't stay together, it sounds like they would have parted amicably, which is usually a good thing.

YornHYornHover 14 years ago
Cheesy?? - Maybe BUT

I just loved it - sweet, romantic story with nice characters.

It may be unrealistic but I just loved her innocense (VERY unlikely at her age) and the way she had an open mind when she finally decided to go "all the way". It didn't hurt either that she had a very understanding and patient partner.

It might have been nice to get an insight in her thoughts and considerations - after all, she spent some time thinking about it.

All together, one of the VERY BEST stories on Litterotica.

Thank you Alex - keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
surprised (scotland)

Just the right level for me, not cheesy in my mind. Very enjoyable,not a fan of wham bam, it was nice to relax and read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

A brilliant tale, most enjoyable. I hope you do a follow up to this story.

Thank you and Well done

michassmichassover 12 years ago
sweet story

well written and convincing. My only criticism is that you didn't fully realize the characters other than their relationship. I found myself curious about how he managed to have 2 cars, a cottage, etc. Also, one does not manage to qualify as a librarian. A specific degree is required. In most libraries the librarians would not stand at the check-out desk--that is a job for clerks. You can find the librarians at the reference desk.

ofLebanonofLebanonover 12 years ago
Very sweet

Sweet and hot. I'm a librarian, and as a young womN did research much like Lorna. Resonated strongly for me.

peterg55peterg55over 12 years ago
a romantic tale

As a closet romantic, I will deny with my last breath if you tell any one how much I loved this tale. Very well done I look forward to further stories from you.

ChucksSiteChucksSiteabout 12 years ago
I Really Liked This Story and....

think it is the best so far that Alex has produced. Long - not so; I like lots of description. Cheesy - I don't know what that means, but I found nothing that turned me off - maybe I'm a hopeless romantic. It just had wonderful description and feeling and growth. I've now read Alex's stories from 2000 to 2009, and I've said many times how much Alex improves his writing from year to year. So, far this is "gooder" than any previous ones. He said at her climax that she was "grasping at the penis that wasn't there" but I haven't had that problem while reading this nice bit of erotica.

Handley_PageHandley_Pageabout 12 years ago
Another bit of magic

Lovely story, Alex. Long & gently told, too.

I liked the reference to the Caterham 7 sports car. . . . It's these little details that make a really good story.

I do wish I could write this well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent work

I liked the way you developed the characters without just going to sex for sex sake. If anything you might have rushed it a little bit. It somewhat was unbelievable, but still very enjoyable. I look forward to reading other of your works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a woman who falls in love.

wow,its was a great story,its what true love is all about, a man saw something no one had bothered to look at, and he saw through the shield she was hiding behind.

and they both moved forwards together, to get the full fruits of lust and love,

to enjoy each others feelings of fulfillment in a moment of pleasure, and the feeling that this is the start of something great that will over come there lives.

and turn to people into a loving couple.

would love to hear what happens next.

OU812bf342OU812bf342over 10 years ago
Amazing!!

As another romantic at heart this story was incredible. The depth of the characters and the real emotions that they showed set the scene for a remarkable tale of discovery. Love and Lust in just the right combination. I would hope for them to have a long and happy life together as they truly are a match that could last a lifetime.

rockyracoon1964rockyracoon1964over 10 years ago
Very enjoyable

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this lovely story. There is nothing wrong with a bit of romance and gentle loving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it.

I love this story.

I love how simple and true the love is between John and Lorna.

I love how the story doesn't have any unnecessary characters that take away from their love.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Such a sweet story

Such a sweet, sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Romantic and perfect.

I love this story. Two people meet, work to build something special, and create a lasting connection. Very well done. Thank you for sharing this lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

The other comments mirror my feelings. Great...More.2

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ALMOST TEXT BOOK IN THE CHASE AND CAPTURE

just what to expect from two academia. TK U MLJ LV NV

OleguyOleguyover 9 years ago
I am so disappointed

that this system only allows me to give 5 *.

What a challenge it must have been to decide whether this wonderful work fit the category of 'First Time' or 'Romance'.

My deepest congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ditto here !

Why the hell they don't have - 100 ! No matter, its still the same garbage ! So, only 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
lovely...

stuff - haven't read better in decades - thanks ever so much :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good evolution of the plot

Thank you - I enjoyed the way your story unwound. It was believable and sensitively delivered. I look forward to your next batch of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very good

This is a true romantic story. I really like the way you have developed the characters. Please keep on writing. You have an exceptional talent for it.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Cheesy? NOT EVEN!

This is SOO GOOD!!! hey great writer, write another one like this. Rescue/love someone who was never loved before/even a plain someone who deserves great love. I even prefer average maybe even plain women. they have the best and sweetest personalities...................there is NOTHING fake about them

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Fantastic...

Sweet and romantic story, with all the ingredients that a Romance need.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I like Cheese!

The world is a better place when we have incurable romantics running around!

fifty5fifty5about 7 years ago
Needed 10 stars **********

This story told my ideal fantasy: a mature virgin urging on her lover; and a mature lover wanting to give her the best he can! I've always wanted that!!!

TwilightfanTwilightfanabout 6 years ago
Agree

I agree with FIFTY5, needs more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Your account of love making far exceeds the norm of the authors on Literotica. Love making, is as you let us experience. It speaks volumes against all the wild exaggerations of fantasy. The only element I saw was the description of his ejaculation; a man averages only a teaspoon of semen. Otherwise, a great story, thank you and five stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Love the story 5 stars

BUT I was hoping for a bit more story and a will you marry me...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wonderfully Romantic!!!

Fantastic — Thank You for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 stars

I love an unexpected love story. I've read this one several times. It's one of my all-time favorites

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good

Good story. Hate the use of the word love as a term of endearment though in every sentence. Kinda put me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very good 5 stars

But why didn't he ask her to marry him??? Was she just a fuck buddy? This is extremely close to being only an "Erotic Couplings" story not a Romance...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"Why didn't he ask her to marry him?"

Because it wasn't time yet. She isn't ready for that, and I don't think he is either. Another couple of months, maybe, or even a year, but they need more time. Seriously, didn't you see the part about her past? After what she saw with her parents, it's no surprise that she hid herself away, and I think she's incredibly brave to have made it this far in only a couple of months. Also, it doesn't need to end with a marriage proposal to be a romance. It's clearly headed toward a 'happily-ever-after', and there's no indication they won't get there, so it's fine as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent. Fantastic story. Great writing particularly, considering the fact that this is only your second story.

G5902G5902almost 3 years ago

An absolutely beautiful story!!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Sweet story 5 stars

One of my all-time favorites.

Campus77Campus7710 months ago

I've never cried before while reading a story on Literotica, just in happiness. Perhaps I'm a hopeless romantic too. This story could have been an X-rated Hallmark movie. It was just that good! I've never bookmarked a story before. I just want to read it again. Glad you continued to write more stories. I'm only 1/3 of the way through your list.

csoshcsosh9 months ago

I really enjoy your style of storytelling. The premise is great, the build is excellent and flows very smoothly, and the characters are well fleshed. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlex De Kok@Alex De Kok
1369 Followers
July 13, 2023 - As some of you have no doubt realised, I'm writing again, albeit very slowly. My late wife was a writer as well, although not on Literotica, and I think she would have wanted me to continue. May 24, 2021 - I haven't posted anything for some time now, and it ma...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories