All Comments on 'F2: An Extra Ticket'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Written

Although I don't think that the underlying problem of the story--being from different worlds, especially intellectually--has been solved here, the story is well written and deals with the basket of themes quite well. I enjoyed reading it and think it's good enough for a 4.5 or a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
REALLY GOOD, to great

I was impressed with all the thoughts, emotions and reactions. I have been in some situations like that, and wish I had come through as well as Jaden. I hae had some women declare me as smart, handsome, etc. but never accepted their feelings, He has; and has almost mentored Kayla, Great. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lackluster

This was okay. I did have some issues while reading it though. I had no idea why Kayla continued to press him to join him for the game initially when he was so rude to her. There is no indication at all about him being the kind of person that would turn out to be 'fun', as the author kept saying. I couldn't see why these people were attracted to each other at all.

The same with the intellectual issue. There wasn't anything exceptionally smart he did or said - it was just the fact that he had a PhD and worked in a lab that deemed him intellectual. Not good enough. It didn't seep through his entire personality. So, overall, a lot of telling and not showing. It was decently written in the language department.

FAWCkerFAWCkerover 10 years ago
FAWC #2 Contributor

This story was written by PennLady.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
You just never know...

where having an extra ticket will lead. In this case, it brought the couple together in an interesting way.

A good tale, and I'd like to know where the relationship went after dessert.

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

Another good story from one of my favorite authors. Hopefully there will be a sequel about this relationship, maybe where Micky the jerk gets his just rewards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it!

This was a great story, and I would love to see a sequel where Mickey gets his comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Alas, Anonymous 8/12/13, but I have a PhD and, even though I don't use a lot of big words or work in a lab, I've had women lose interest quickly because they thought they weren't "smart enough." It happens. Actually, getting a PhD says more about being too dumb to quit than about being all that smart.

I love the shout out to the kids' book. It was a favorite when my daughters were growing up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...