All Comments on 'Fair Swop?'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
artykay63artykay63about 10 years ago
good little story

Nice misdirection

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Chuckle

Yup! It's all relative.

Thx!

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Good one!

Fun tale, man!

5 Stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Nice Tale

You got me at first but you're the master anyway. Great tale and everyone lived happily ever after.

oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

Very enjoyable little tale.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
Laughing out loud

What a clever wordplay. My hat is doffed to you.

deadonedeadoneabout 10 years ago
Wait

What about the car!!

Did you get the convertible at a good discount?

What size was the engine.

I like stangs but a Jag!

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
cute

cute. didn't see it coming thanks

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Lots of fun!

Nice idea! Seeing it coming is irrelevant, since it is excellent creative work! At first it sounded like it was going to a parody of SS06!

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Very funny. Very clever.

Having read your previous stories, I saw the sister coming. But not the cousin, the job and the kids. Nice touch. But did he ever get the Jag? Better off with something else. Bloody Jags are forever in the shop needing repairs, although I suppose he could do his own. Makes for a sweet deal.

janic3janic3about 10 years ago
Loved it!

Brilliant

frasnostfrasnostabout 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Funny and well worth 5 stars!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years ago
Very cute...

The only problem I have is the genre; where's the wife? I know, you almost had to put it here so the very idea of a LW story would lead the reader down the wrong road, but isn't that cheating?

I still gave it a 5* and anyone who knows me, knows I like a good twist. Still well done...even though you did cheat. :-)

zed0zed0about 10 years ago
LOL!

I thought perhaps he would swap Nadia for the Jag and drive off into the sunset.

What a fun story, complete with a happy ending.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Nice!

Nice positive one for a change!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
@LapTop

In some defense of BritEZ, isn't this the CHEATING portion of LIT?

Very cute story, but I gotta give a 4. Jags can't keep their timing, there was no wife, no illicit sex, and it was a flasher.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
almost

So Jaguar has made a car that performs nearly as good as a Nissan GT-R but not a Nissan GT-R Nismo.

Pity it will not have the build quality.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
Ha! Nicely done!

Kept us guessing!

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
exchange rate

So Sis is equivalent in value to a few hours of driving a Jag?

Is that in Pounds or Stones?

Whenever my wife's sister made fun of my wife for driving a souped up Mach I Mustang. My wife would retaliate by telling about the time one of her sister's rich boyfriends gave her a Jaguar.

A few weeks of driving it around Hollywood, suddenly it seized up and started smoking like the Marlboro Man. Eventually it was hauled in to the Dealer. The mechanic popped the hood and started checking out the engine. Suddenly he rears up and asks her when she had last put any oil in the contraption.

Batting her long eyelashes over her baby blues, tossing her long blonde hair back, takes a deep breath inflating her 38DD's and with a confused pout, she sweetly asks "You gotta put oil in a car?"

My in-laws contribution to the cliched Hollywood Blonde jokes.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Cute***

Thanks for sharing.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 10 years agoAuthor
A Comment on Jags

A few years ago Jags went through a period when they earned a poor reputation and they deserved it. Those who still think that way, are way out of date. Check it up. Jags now come top of most of the luxury reliability lists. Lexus eat your heart out. By the way, some of these other cars may be as fast, and a few (very few) even faster, but when they can go round corners like the latest Jags, then fair enough. Have any of you actually tried out the torque vector steering? Probably not. You should. It's another level altogether.

Thought I'd just mention that, but thanks everyone for the comments.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 10 years ago
Re: Jags

A few years ago I saw my dream car advertised in the newspaper in the city where I was then living. "1969 XKE convertible BRG exterior camel interior V6 4-speed just completed full off the frame restoration"

Unfortunately, I didn't have $30,000 lying around waiting to be spent on something wonderful like that.

green117green117about 10 years ago
Re: RE: Jags

Ah, yes.. .British understatement.

Back when the BTB's grandmothers were having a hard time holding on to their panties, I expressed an interest in the E-type Jag. I was told that that was a bad idea - rust and Lucas.

Do do a search on Lucas electric jokes...

Anyway, as Britease said, a few years ago... in England, that means sometime before most of you were born.

Green-something

(these days, I do want an E-type... but I might paint it pink and get a purplish rock protector for it...)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
Prejudice is a Default .......

......with the L.W. genre,and you made a very clever use of that.Nice twist.

Of course, LTP was right.There weren't any wives,till the end.

A literary license,may be. LOL.

It's a 5.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Well done. Love Grandma, great sense of humour on her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Cute

I figured she wasn't his wife, never thought she was his sister!

Even with some of the cucks here, I thought he was too casual for her to be his wife,

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHEN FISHING .....USING THE RIGHT BAIT GIVES A BETTER CHANCE OF LANDING A KEEPER

since fish run in schools a family affair could soon develop. TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Funny

Nice little twist. I thought she might be his boss's wife.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
No thanks pimped his sister

Pimp is a pimp can't stand them

Found out friend was one No longer even acquaintance

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 5 years ago
Jaguar invented the 2-seat roadster

so the owner could take his mechanic along.

Or so some claim. My 1977 XJ-S was a beautiful beast (although I hadn't anticipated routine maintenance costs, which forced me to sell it), even more gratifying than my 1966 Alfa Giulia Spyder Veloce), but my dream car was (and remains) the XK-150S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Maintenance

Wonder what is higher to maintain, a jaguar or a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
why LW?

Why LW when there was no loving wife? Just be cause of the implication? Maybe humor but not LW.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good story

No matter where it turns up. Well worth a second read.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago
Light and Brainless

But fun!!! 4*

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

I will bite: WHAT is a S W O P ??? You did not even get the title correct!!

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Nice variety of a LW story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous