All Comments on 'Fall of a Hero'

by DBs_Bro

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindover 10 years ago
Revealing

Nicely done. It shows the inspiration for Thomas in the other series.

Thank you for your service.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Condolences and thank you

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. Thank you for editing and uploading your friend's stories. I've enjoyed them very much. I hope you are healed and come fully back from the war. It because of patriots like you that we owe our freedom. Your friend would want you to survive and thrive. Or as your friend might say, "Wake up, Prick and quit pissing and moaning about me. Don't waste time on what ifs. I know you'd have done anything and did everything you could to save me. Be happy like I want you to be." At least, that's how I'd feel. I'm happy to think you're getting help at the VA. It takes a strong man to understand his own limitations and seek help. I wish you all the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wow

It takes real strength to go through what you did and retell it for the world to see, and you even laid bare your faults and made no attempt to cover them up. Thank you for your service, and Iadmire your bravery and perserverance in the face of adversity.

Sincerely,

NW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hang Tough

I understand your pain. been there,done that. wore out the t-shirts

Thank you for posting the edited Bait and Switch story, that had to be tough.

Keep up the good work.

Hang in there and get better, it takes a while.

Msgt, USAF, Ret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One grunt to another

I figured I owed reading this after Bait and Switch. You're a special kind of friend.

Fuck I don't even know what to write here. The shit we go through. Fucking hooah.

RevlemmonRevlemmonabout 9 years ago
Thank You

I didn't have the honor of serving our country but reading your story still brought a few tears to my eyes. Thank you and Michael for you service and thank you for finishing.

manimal51manimal51over 8 years ago
It never changes.

Though my war was in a jungle, the actions, people, and repercussions of the way they intertwine in our lives remains constant. Thank you, for your service and the resurrection of many old memories this old man thought were gone beyond retrieval. Though some may be painful and bring a tear, the camaraderie and brotherhood tied to them is forever part of who and what we are.

M51

*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

Bait and Switch is one of my favorite stories on this site. I just finished reading the retype of it last night. Your friend was truly a talented writer, and I thank you for doing what you did to get that story posted. I sincerely hope your life is back on track now and you and your loved ones are doing well.

FISHINGDUDEFISHINGDUDEabout 5 years ago
Well Written! Thank You for Your Service!!!!!

Good story! But because you made it from Personal Experience, even More challenging. Hope you are as settled as You can be, Maybe in time you will write More. Will be waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Blessed Be

Thank you for putting together this story to answer questions many have had.

Thank you for taking DB's writings and putting them forth into the future.

When you reach the halls.of Valhalla may you find your brother there, ready with a beer and a half backslap and a desire to here the tales you have spun.

MormonJackMormonJack6 months ago

Wow... Sir, thank you for your service. 5 stars for putting this out there.

Normally, I wouldn't like this story, and I guess I still don't. But I feel for you. I don't know what it's like, returning from war with PTSD. I hope you're well and best to the family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous