Falling Hard Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of their own free will, are you serious?" Virta said, obviously a little too loud for Mick's comfort, because he put a shaky finger to his lips.

She leaned forward, her dark eyes sparkling now with curiosity. Her voice was quieter, but still brimming with excitement over the talk of forbidden things.

"What do you know about Falling, Mick? I thought angels could only be kicked out of Heaven, but not actually... Fall... like, making the choice to Fall? You mean that's true?"

Mick sighed. "The stories you've heard about angels Falling are, unfortunately, true. I've seen some files back in storage of some of the, uh, Fallen. It's all there in black and white, their subordination." His sky-blue eyes were filled with worry when he turned them her way. "Virta, It's the same stuff that's been showing up in your own records here and there."

Mick's voice took on a more desperate tone then. "Maybe you don't have enough incidents yet, but all of the Fallen started out the way you're going now. A little here, a little there. It adds up. And like you, those angels were also rebellious, trouble makers, free thinkers."

She smiled devilishly "Gee, thanks Mick. I think that's the best complement you've given me in months."

Her hand went back to her forehead, and her tone of voice flattened."But why punish them for it? Why is God so damn insecure?"

Mick closed his eyes as though trying to gain composure.

When he finally spoke, she heard the tiniest thread of fear in his voice. "Virta, I'll talk to you about these things if you want, but not here of all places. It's not a subject I'm comfortable with anyway. Just come on over early tonight before the others get there. We can always talk there."

She realized he was right. She knew better than to be so cavalier about forbidden topics, particularly at work. She was not only putting her own job on the line, but Mick's as well. If anyone overheard them, there would be hell to pay, literally. Her impulsiveness and devil-may-care attitude might get her in trouble, that was one thing. But to put her best friend at risk was another. Mick took all this very seriously, and she had frightened him.

Virta nodded her head, her long, dark tresses bouncing on her shoulders.

"Alright. At least we have some measure to speak freely in our own homes, right? I'll see you later for some must-see TV." She smiled. "And, Mick... I'm really sorry for my behavior just now. I don't know what gets into me sometimes. I don't want to put you at risk in any way. Let's just have fun tonight."

He returned the smile with one of his own. He looked relieved. "Great. I'm having manna delivered. One is gonna have the works, just the way you like it. Flash is bringing a few bottles of Substance, and I told Carol to pick up a bag of Crunch on her way."

He winked at her and then turned to go to the exit. "See you later, angel." He glided on down the row of cubicles. She heard him whistling cheerfully as he went.

Virta smiled as she gathered her things to leave for the weekend. She glanced up at the camera one more time on her way out, and on impulse, gave it the middle finger, the same smile still on her face.

File this, you judgmental tyrants, she thought as she sashayed out the door.

12