Fearless

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All of a sudden I heard the voice of a female that I would know anywhere, coming from behind me. I turned around to see Mom and Molly coming down the dock smiling, Mom with her arms stretched wide-open. The moment they reached the pier, Mom threw her arms tightly around my neck, and kissing me on the side of my face, said, "Hi Baby! How're you doing, Sweetheart?" "I'm doing fine, Mom," I replied, returning her hug. And then seeing her standing behind me Mom stood back, and looking at Sara smiling, asked, "Who is this, Tommy?" "Mom, I'd like you to meet the love of my life, Sara Hartley," I replied grinning widely. "She sure is a pretty thing, isn't she Mom?" asked Dad, making Sara blush brightly. Sara extended her hand to Mom and said, "It's nice to meet you Missus McNeal!" "Oh, now isn't that the sweetest thing?" replied Mom, who then hugged Sara and said, "We're both grown women and my name is Diane, and that's what I want you to call me from now on. Okay, Baby-girl?" "Okay, thank you, Diane," replied Sara, with John and Molly beaming proudly beside her.

After I washed the sea water off Theia's decks and plugged her into the power receptacle I'd had put in, I took Dad and John aboard and showed them around while Mom, Sara and Molly went up to the house. I knew exactly what was he was going to ask, before Dad smiled and said, "This sure would make a great fishing boat, too, don't you think?" I smiled and said, "I'll tell you what, Dad; if you and Mom will stay at least a week, two days from now, you, me, and John if he wants to, will go out into the deep water and look for some Marlin, okay?" "I think that can be arranged," replied Dad, then looking at John, he smiled and said, "Whadaya think, Snake, short for Snake Eyes, John's call sign when he and Dad flew together in the Navy?" John scratched his head, and winking at me, replied, "I don't know, Rattler, Dad's call sign, the boy can navigate because he made it back in one piece, but the real question is; can this SEAL find the fish?" Then both he and Dad began to laugh. I laughed and replied, "You just wait. I'll make both of you fly-boy pricks eat those words!" This only made John and Dad laugh harder like I knew it would.

Unbeknownst to me, John brought several nice cuts of New York Strip and Mom and Molly had them cooking on the grill when we got up to the back deck of the house. I raised the lid on the grill and peeked beneath it, inhaling the aroma of the steak. All of a sudden, Mom came and reached from behind me, and closed the lid down, and laughing conspiratorially, said, "You stay away from that grill, Tommy, because I heard about what happened the last time you tried to use that thing." Then I heard three female voices giggling and knew that my ass had been had. I simply smiled, and shaking my head, said, "Aw, hell," then I looked at Sara to see her smiling radiantly back at me.

~~~~~~

"Oh Lord, thank you for all the blessings you've shown us. We ask now that you show us how to be better people, in your name we pray, Amen," said Dad, asking the blessing before we began to eat. Everything looked wonderful, the food smelled very good, and for a brief moment, I felt like I was a child again, free of the chains that bind us all once we reach adulthood.

"This sure looks good ladies," I replied, knowing that Mom and Molly were primarily responsible for the preparation of the food. However, I would've been remiss in my duty as host not to thank John for his contribution to the meal. So, I made sure to express my feelings to him as well, and when I did, he simply laughed, and hugging me replied, "Hell son, it's the least I can do for taking Sara off of our hands for the past few days!" "Uncle John, I'm not like that, and you know it," teased Sara, while winking at me. Motioning toward me with a nod of his head, John laughed and replied, "You're right, ever since Tommy got here, you haven't been like that at all, Sara!" "John Thomas Stone, you leave that girl alone this instant! Do you hear me?" Molly scolded, while smiling at me and Sara. Suddenly everything was clear to me. My Dad noticed it, and patting me on the shoulder, he smiled and said, "Who do you think your mother and I named you after?" I laughed and replied, "Well I'll be damned!" "If you tell anyone that you're named after him, you sure will be," said Sara, laughing while pointing to John. "Sara, honey, your Aunt Molly told me that you went to the University of Miami. What did you major in, sweetie?" asked Mom, who had made sure she sat next to Sara at the table. "I got my Master's degree in Marine and Underwater Archaeology," replied Sara, as she knowingly smiled at me from across the table. I loved the way that Mom began to fuss over Sara in the same way a mother would over one of her own children, and God knows that Sara had certainly missed out on it after her father died. Mom was so very loving with every action she made when it came to Sara, and I silently thanked God for giving me the parents that he did. Sara's beauty was not lost on Dad either. Every time she would say something, he would look at me from the corner of his eye and wink and then smile widely. "Tommy, sweetie, does that pretty new boat of yours, have enough room aboard it for all of us?" asked Mom, out of the blue. Before I could speak, Sara smiled and replied, "Theia has more than enough room for all of us, Diane!" "Who's Theia?" Mom asked. "Theia was the Greek goddess of divine inspiration, and that's what Tommy named his boat," explained Sara. Both Sara and Molly began to laugh when Mom said, "It's ain't like his little ass couldn't use all the inspiration he could get these days."

~~~~~~

Later that night, after everything was cleaned up, and John and Molly had already gone home; Sara and I sat out on the back deck with Mom and Dad enjoying our drinks, Margaritas for Mom and Sara, and long neck Budweiser's for Dad and me. After finishing her drink, Sara looked at me and said, "I better get home, Tommy. Can you give me a ride?" "I thought you wanted to stay here with me tonight," I replied quizzically. "It's not that I don't love you, but I didn't think it would be very proper with your parents here," she replied sheepishly. Suddenly Mom burst into a fit of giggles, and taking Sara by the hand, said, "You sweet, sweet girl," then motioning to me with a nod of her head, Mom smiled and said, "You love him, don't ya?" "With all my heart," Sara beamed. "Then hang on to him with both hands, sweet girl, because I can sure tell that he loves you......and don't think for a second about you're staying with the man you love as ever being improper, okay?" said Mom, hugging Sara to her the same way she did me as a child. "Yes ma'am," replied Sara, hugging Mom in return as happy tears poured down both their faces. "I can see why Tommy is such a good man. He had two very precious souls as parents," said Sara, as she released Mom from the hug, and then made her way around to Dad as she hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. Dad grinned, and taking both Mom and Sara's hands, he looked at Mom and said, "I think we need to keep her around, don't you, Mom?" "We sure do," replied Mom, making us all laugh.

~~~~~~

The next morning after breakfast, Mom and Sara took off to go shopping, while Dad and I took Theia to Oceanside marina to top off her fuel tanks. Once we were fueled and back out in the harbor, I looked at Dad admiring my boat, and said, "Ya know, if you and Mom hadn't given me the money I........"

"I don't want to hear another word about it, Son," interrupted Dad smiling, "We did it because, number one, I still have plenty left, and number two, your mother and I didn't want you to worry about money while you were settling in down here." Then on a more serious note, he added, "Mom really likes Sara and so do I, Tommy. We just wanted you to know that, and when you ask her to marry you; we'd like to be there, if that's alright with you." I hugged my father and said, "I love you, Dad, and I really appreciate everything you and Mom have ever done for me!" In retrospect though, my parents had always been that way, ever since I was a little boy.

~~~~~~

That afternoon, Theia had been fueled and prepped for the next day's outing. Dad and I were sitting out on the back deck enjoying a cold beer, when Mom and Sara returned from shopping. The moment I saw her walk through the door, I immediately noticed that Sara's hair been cut and styled. The dark gentle waves that used to gracefully flow down her back, were now replaced by an elegant mane, which alluringly encompassed her already beautiful face and stopped, curling softly on her shoulders. Noticing my stare, Sara quickly glanced at the ground for a moment, and then looking back up at me, she bashfully asked, "Do you like it?" I rose from my seat, and taking her into my arms, I brushed the back of my hand against her beautiful cheek, and said, "I don't just like it, I love it," and then softly kissed her lips. After the kiss, Sara gently pushed away from me, and with a thrilled expression on her face as well as in her eyes; she held up her hands and excitedly replied, "Your Mom had it done for me, and she even took me to get a manicure and a pedicure, here, look!"

"She sure looks beautiful, Mom," Dad crowed, his arms gently wrapped around Mom's waist. I loved it when my parents were affectionate to one another around me. It always gave me a comforting, almost safe feeling when I was a young boy.

Mom smiled, and leaning her head back against Dad's chest, softly replied, "She's such a beautiful girl. Tommy has good taste," then playfully elbowing Dad in the stomach, she giggled and added, "...just like his father, huh?" "Whatever you say, dear," teased Dad, making Sara softly giggle in my arms.

Suddenly my stomach growled very loudly making Mom laugh and look at Dad then said, "Well, it sounds like someone is hungry!" "Where we going to eat?" asked Dad, looking at me. I suddenly had a great idea and said, "How about if we take Theia out and catch some fresh lobster?" "Now that sounds like my kinda of dinner," laughed Dad. ~~~~~~ Thirty minutes later, Theia sat gently anchored twenty yards outside the mouth of the harbor. Mom and Sara sat on Theia's fantail and enjoyed the gentle ocean breeze. As I began to get rigged and ready to dive, Dad looked at me and said, "I know you're not going to go down there by yourself!" "Why not, it's only sixty feet?" I asked.

Before Dad could respond, Mom laughed and said, "What you're father is trying to say, is that he knows you can handle it with no problems. He just wants to go diving, too!" I smiled and patted Dad on the shoulder and then pointing below deck; I laughed and said, "Go to the forward cabin, starboard side, and in the third dresser drawer, there are some shorts that I think will fit you!" We all laughed as Dad disappeared below deck like a kid on an Easter-egg hunt. To make a long story short, we brought home about thirty nice sized lobsters, which meant that I would be eating lobster for at least the next week.

~~~~~~ "This sure is good, Mom," I said, dipping a piece of lobster in melted butter for my second bite. "I'm glad you like it, baby," she sweetly replied, then turned to Sara and said, "Sara, are alright, baby girl? You haven't said a word since we sat down to eat!" "I'm sorry Diane, but all this food is so good, my mouth has been kinda full," replied Sara, making Mom howl with laughter.

~~~~~~

Chapter Nine

As it turned out, neither John nor Molly was unable to attend the outing we'd had planned that next day, but still promised a get-together with Mom and Dad before they went back to West Palm Beach. So, Sara looked at me and said, "I really need to go into work today." "Do you really have to?" I asked, wanting her to stay. She smiled and put her arms around me and said, "Because I love you so very much, I could stay with you forever and never grow tired of it. But because I have house payments and other bills, I have to go to work, baby!" I simply smiled and said, "I understand and I'll take you home whenever you're ready!"

~~~~~~ "I love you and I'll call you as soon as I get home from work," Sara replied, after kissing me and getting out of my jeep. "Okay, I love you, too," I relied smiling. Sara turned and walked to her front porch. To this day, I never have, nor will I ever see anything more beautiful or sexier than watching my darling Sara walk from behind, Mmm! With that said, an idea crossed my mind so, I went back home to talk it over with Mom and Dad, after all, I was going to need their help.

~~~~~~

"You're going to ask her to marry you, aren't you?" Mom asked smiling, after I told her and Dad about my plan. "I will if she'll have me," I replied smiling. "Tommy, honey I think that's wonderful," said Mom, throwing her arms around me as we all stood together in the kitchen talking. Then Dad looked at me and said, "Son, I hate to tell you this, but banks have rules, and whatever bank she uses has to abide by those rules. They will not tell you anything about her mortgage even though you do want to pay it off!" I laughed, and then with a conspiratorial smile, replied, "No problem, I know someone who will tell me whatever I want to know once they hear about this." "And just who would that be?" asked Dad, with a knowing grin.

"I'll ask John. He'll tell me everything he knows about Sara, if I ask. I found that out about him since I've been here," I replied proudly. Dad began to laugh and said, "Yeah, the son-of-a-bitch never could keep his mouth shut so, that sounds about right," and kept on laughing.

~~~~~~

"I'll help any way I can," replied John, after I told him of my plans. "Good, tell me what I need to do," I said. John laughed and replied, "You leave everything to me. I'll call Phil Hogue at Key West Bank and make all the arrangements, kiddo." "You don't know how much this means to me, thanks.....Uncle John," I replied as sincerely as I knew how. John cleared his throat and gently said, "You're welcome, Tommy boy!"

~~~~~~

The next morning, I sat across from Phil as he and I talked. After I told him about how much I loved Sara, and basically poured my heart out to him, he smiled, and writing the amount left on Sara's house on a piece of paper; he slid it across his desk to me and said, "If I didn't do this and my wife caught wind of something this romantic, there'd be hell for me to pay, that's for sure!" "Thanks Phil, I really appreciate it," I replied, as I wrote him a check, and then handed it to him. "Where am I supposed to send the deed?" asked Phil, as he picked up my check. I smiled and replied, "Just call me, and I'll come pick it up!" "If you can wait, I can have it for you in just a few minutes," laughed Phil, then as an afterthought, asked, "When and where are you going to ask her to marry you?"

~~~~~~ I woke up the next morning feeling as giddy as schoolboy. This was the day I was going to ask Sara to marry me. I had it all set up. Mom and Dad, John and Molly, and now Phil Hogue and his wife, plus all of Sara's friends were all going to converge on Crabby Dick's at 7:00 pm that evening to see me ask for Sara's hand in marriage. Earlier that afternoon I called Molly on the phone to get Sara off from work for the next week, and she readily agreed. When the time came, I didn't want anything to interfere with what I had planned for Sara and me.

When the time came, Mom and Dad and I went into the restaurant and asked to sit in Sara's section. "Hey, what're you guys doing here?" she asked, leaning down and kissing me the moment she discovered us. "I just wanted to come and see my beautiful girlfriend. That's alright isn't it?" I asked innocently. "Of course it is, silly. Besides, I haven't seen you since yesterday afternoon," she replied, smiling warmly. "Hey Sara," said Phil, following the hostess to a table right beside ours. "Well, hello Mr. Hogue! It's good to see you. Where's your wife this evening?" Sara asked, surprised. "She got tied up with some business in Key Largo, and couldn't make, but she said to tell you hello," Phil cheerily replied. Already knowing what we all drank, Sara smiled and added, "I'll be right back with your drinks in just a minute, okay?" "Okay, sweetie," I replied warmly.

This is where John came in. When Sara went back to the server station to order our drinks from the bar, John took her into the back to supposedly help him find a missing bottle of special order seasoning. While they were gone, all of Sara's friends, who had been hiding, unseen by Sara, in the bar, all came in and took up the rest of the tables in her section. Molly then came out and saw to it that everyone had at least two bottles of champagne on their respective tables.

When she arrived back into her section and saw all of her friends with open champagne bottles, as well as full flutes on everyone's table, Sara looked strangely at Molly, who was standing next to me and asked, "What's going on here?" Molly nodded her head at me, making Sara ask, "Tommy?" I stood up and reached into my back pocket and withdrew an envelope. Then handing it to Sara, I kissed her on the cheek and replied, "This is for you, baby!" "What is it?" she asked, with an odd look on her face. "Open it. It'll explain everything," I replied grinning. She opened the envelope, and after reading the contents within, looked up at me glaring, and then harshly said, "I know that you did this, Tommy, and I'm not very happy about it. But before I get in your ass for it, I want to know why you did it!" "I did it because I love you with all my heart, Sara, and because of the love I have for you, I don't want you to have to worry about having a roof over your head ever again!" She started to protest, but I interrupted her and said, "Now that you house is paid for, I was hoping that you could come and live with me and rent your house out, that way you won't have to work as hard as you do and you would still be making your own money!" "And just what makes you think I'm going to come and, live with you¸ as you put it? I already told you that I'm not that kind of girl, Tommy?" she replied sternly. Apparently I had pissed her off with my request that she live with me. Things were working out like I had hoped for. So, while she was still a little off balance, I pulled my chair away from the table and stood in it so that everyone there could see me. Then reaching into the pocket of my trousers, I pulled out a velvet box and announced, "Sara Hartley, you already live in every cell of my body. Why not come and live with me in my house, only I want you to live with me as my wife, but only if you want to!" "Are you.....are...you asking me..." she choked, her eyes brimming with tears and her face filled with hope. I stepped down from the chair, and dropping to one knee, I replied, "Yes. I'm asking you to marry me, Sara! I can't live without you!" She fell to her knees with me, and throwing her arms tightly around my neck, cried, "Oh Tommy, yes I'll marry you!" As I lifted her off of the floor, I put the one carat marquis cut diamond solitaire ring on the ring finger of her left hand, and then kissed her passionately in front of God and everybody. Applause rang out all around the restaurant, as people raised their glasses in a silent toast.

Molly ended up covering Sara's section for the rest of that night as she was too excited to work. When she showed the ring to my parents, Mom grinned, and to Dad, playfully said, "See? I told you that my son would have good taste,' and then giggled delightfully.

As we sat together at a small table I had set up in one of the back corners, Sara held up her left hand and gazed, mesmerized at the diamond on her finger as it sparkled in the ambient light of the restaurant. "Do you like it, baby?" I softly asked. Sara came around to my side of the table, and sitting in my lap; she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, pulling me tightly to her, and then said, "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I love you so much!"