All Comments on 'Felicity Ch. 64'

by jjcolejr

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What to believe

should just migrate to sci fi

aposiopesisaposiopesisabout 10 years ago
I honestly felt disappointed with this.

You've been one of my favorite authors from the beginning and I was anticipating something special with "the move". This wrapup seems to me to be jumbled, confusing and frankly, self indulgent on your part. Perhaps I've just been spoiled, but I think your fans deserved better than this. But that is just my opinion. Thank you though for your excellent body of work.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
step back

At first read, I agreed with Aposiopesis feeling of let down. That too much action was encompassed with too few words and an underlying lack of dramatic conflicts. But then I hesitated and re-read chp 64 and I have changed my mind.

Now I am of the opinion, that jjjr is a consistent writer and has a grand view of this storyline that we readers are lacking. This author seeks calm resolution to conflicts and has a belief that people are capable of creating their own happiness.

I think some readers lose sight that this entire storyline was created over several years, as stand-alone stories in different genres. When jjjr decided to re-write and re-post the series, the attempt is to coordinate and correlate the original mishmash into a coherent unified storyline. Not all the stories work for this attempt but it is a fascinating experiment in creative writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous