Finding Meridian Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Logan shook his head, "I doubt she's using the nannies. Ever think about the way she was raised or the lack of it?"

"I am not discussing this with you!" Marcus said as he stormed out of the room.

~~~~~~

Reardan ignorantly forced himself to leave the island. As he paced the castle in Ireland the peace and serenity he had gained over the years had left him along with the disappearance of Alice. He was told by her supervisor she had left with another clan. The time away from her was slowly driving him insane.

Teague turned the corner as he watched his son slowly unravel. "Have you tried to find her?"

"Yes, I have! Why the fuck should she want me after I pushed her away? She's gone." Reardan said as he paced again.

"I understand your frustration but son, stop fucking around. Find her!" Teague gently shook his son. "I honestly thought we had taught you better than to try and walk away from a mate."

"She isn't of age." Reardan said as his eyes hit the floor.

He heard Quinn knock and enter the room. "Quinn have you heard anything?"

"Only one thing sir, she turned 18 that day." Reardan threw a chair against the wall shattering it into pieces.

"Let me contact one of the Queens and let them know our worry for the servant." Quinn quickly grabbed his phone as he left the room and Teague followed him. Teague grabbed the phone from him.

"Teague, is everything ok?" Meridian heard his deep breath. "Alice is Reardan's mate and he's denied it due to her age but just found out he sent her away on her 18th birthday. Now he is unable to find her. Your new manager has said she left with a group."

In the background Meridian watched as Alex threw a glass against the wall and overheard her start ranting. "I did not save her for some asshole to have another fuck with her. I am her Guardian; I did not authorize anyone to take her! I fucking swear if one damn hair is hurt on her head I will hunt the bastard down and chop the asshole to bits."

"And likely eat him with your appetite," Meridian teased.

"And I thought you had a temper Meridian." Teague chuckled.

"It's Alex's first day allowed out of bed to help possibly promote her giving birth but the hormones are making her a force to be reckoned with." Meridian turned to see Alex give an evil look and start to growl.

Teague laughed and then tilted his head, "Is your sister growling?"

"Yes, Alex is growling now. She's already bit a few servants."

"Well hell, I'm getting my boy and a crew. We will be there in a few hours. He'll go insane if he waits and your sister will eat people soon." Teague said as he chuckled.

"Can't wait to see you," Meridian slapped Alex's hand as she tried to grab the phone.

Meridian worked on more contracts for the island as she held the children. She had officially given up on sleep and food held no appeal to her. Marcus was beyond cold to her.

~~~~~~

Five hours later they arrived back at the island once again. "I have to figure out how to find her. She has to forgive me. She's MINE!"

"Oh hell, five fucking hours on a plane with the same fucking record from you, this is it. Reardan, shut the fuck up! You are a strong black alpha black man; stop being such a pussy!" Teague grabbed him as they fell out of the plane fighting.

Both men shifted to their Dire/Gray Wolf forms at over five feet long and weighing over 300 pounds as they began to fight.

Reardan and Teague finally stopped and both reverting back to their human forms covered in blood and surface wounds.

"Son, we will find her but we must start where she was seen last."

Quinn carried them both clothing as they redressed.

~~~~~~~

Alice was wondering how much longer she was going to last. Each day was becoming more of a blur. But something in her was emerging and she was also changing. A sort of rage was starting to manifest and she was unsure how much longer she could hold it off. Michael kept promising her food but she was to the point of becoming a cannibal soon; he would be dinner as her demeanor changed and she was starting to feel like a predator.

She stared at Michael as he told her she hadn't worked hard enough and despite the arm bands she began to change, "You will bring me dinner or I swear to each and every god there is that you will be my next meal!" As she approached him her eyes slightly changed and he felt as if a predator was coming after him.

The change of her eyes scared Michael as he changed his mind and had food brought to her.

~~~~~~

When Alice awoke Michael was on top of her trying to pull her clothes off.

"Fucking bitch you don't give me orders!"

Something snapped in Alice as she raised her hands to push him away and electricity cursed through her veins and out her hands. It was as if years of reincarnation had filled her soul and mind. She elevated him to the ceiling, "Hear me loud and hear me clear...Meek, scared Alice has left the building and I will personally eat your damn soul before you lay another hand on me!"

Michael screamed at the realization and as the electricity flowed through his body and he noticed that Alice's eyes had changed again.

"Leave me now or die!" Alice screamed as she let him down and he scrambled out of the cell.

Alice refused to stay in this cell and die. She was a victim no more. She quickly removed her wrist bands and kicked open the cell. She clamped them back on as she slipped out of the dungeon of the castle.

Alice noticed one of the last boats getting ready to leave the island and slipped onboard hiding under a tarp. As the power quickly dissipated and extreme exhaustion took hold she fell into the darkness of a deep sleep.

~~~~~~

The next morning and troubled and tense Grand Mage Elly paced back and forth waiting for Queen Meridian's arrival. As Meridian entered she noticed the distressed look on the Mage. Meridian was doing a pretty good job of hiding her sleep deprivation helping take up for the slack of her still recuperating sisters.

"I'm here to petition ownership of the young woman slave kept in a cell of the castle. I was called by her parents to take care of her until her guardian arrives. I will not allow her to be abused any longer." The mage was doing her best to keep her fury down.

"According to the new manager she left." Meridian said after investigating the situation.

"She didn't leave; Zeus called me with her parents at his side. She is here and being held as a slave."

"We do not have slaves," Meridian toned was low and deadly. "Let me call King Douglas."

Douglas arrived quickly and was told of the situation, "We do not have slaves. We do not allow people to be slaves." An unknown anger spiked in Douglas. "I'll have the head of anyone has imprisoned her. Call the guards!"

A guard walked in and escorted Douglas to the corner to inform him of the circumstances.

Douglas' hands shook as he summoned Mr. Smith into the room. "Do you want to explain why you have taken one of our servants, called her a slave and locked her in a cell continually? Do you want to explain your complete and utter disregard for her health and safety or just your cold cruel disregard towards her? Why you have violated one of the laws I personally incorporated into our legal system?" Despite Douglas' formerly kind and teasing attitude it had quickly turned. Malice seemed to drip from his words.

The Mage was trying to hold Meridian back as she was ready to attack until she noticed the anger on Douglas' face.

"She's a slave. She doesn't deserve to live in the castle. She lied about her uncle and got him killed. I will make it right when she marries me. I own her, she belongs to me."

Douglas swiftly grabbed him slamming him against the wall lifting him off the floor by his neck. "That will not happen. Guards, take him to a cell. Soon Mr. Smith you will find out why I am King! There can be no 'ownership' of another on this island. It was outlawed a very long time ago." Douglas turned to another guard, "Gather your men, I will find her myself and bring her directly to medical."

Just then there was a knock on the door. "Excuse me King Douglas, Queen Meridian and Grand Mage Elly but we found a stowaway. Oddly enough our men would be angry but she's so frail and we couldn't do anything but bring her to the castle to get her medical attention."

Elly gasped as she noticed the huge man cradling the woman she instinctively felt was Alice. "It's her."

It took Douglas a moment to realize it was Alice in her condition covered in filth, "Oh shit, Alice." As he stood closer he felt rage rise and a distinct need to take care of her and keep her safe.

The large man handed her to Douglas as if he was holding fine china. Douglas cradled her close carrying her as fast as he could to the medical building while the rest followed. Her scent seemed to hypnotize him.

Wizard Morely spoke as they walked to the facility. "I am Grand Wizard Morely and our men have asked if they can delay departure to ensure this little thing is safe and if she would be released into our custody. There are men vying for her hand in marriage. We would take fine care of her. Everyone is amazed at her strength."

Meridian interrupted, "Of course you can stay. As far as custody, we need to wait on that. Let's first get her to the doctor before any decision is made." Meridian nicely asked them to wait outside the medical facility.

~~~~~~

Outside of the doctor's office waited a group of over twenty some mages along with over thirty wizards and apprentices.

King Douglas sat at her bedside holding her hand waiting as Alice was cleaned up and IVs where started until she was resting comfortably in a hospital bed. Meridian entered and he began to speak as he stared at Alice with eyes filled with longing, "Meridian, you know I've never been married and she is so adorable." Douglas noticed she had a bad fever. "I could court her and she could be my Queen."

Meridian tried not to laugh at the situation that one small woman had fifty some people all wanting her. She instructed the doctor to run hormonal and pheromone panels. Just then Reardan ran through the doors to see Alice.

The yearning to have her as a mate increased tenfold. He was quickly reminded of her dire medical state and was completely on edge ready to fight anyone who hurt her. He knew the pull of finding a mate was strong but never having experienced it before it was all encompassing. He took her other side taking her hand as he debated with the doctor. "She has a high fever if it is not down soon I'm putting her in an ice bath myself!" As he heard her moaning and he ran a hand through her hair.

"That's my future Queen and I will make that decision!" Douglas couldn't even believe he had said it.

Reardan immediately became defensive, "She is meant to be my mate. I've been looking for her. MINE!"

"Obviously not hard enough while she's treated like a slave and finally tries to run away." Douglas said as glared at Reardan.

"If I had known I would never had let it happen." Reardan said defensively with a growl.

"You had her in your room and you kicked her out so get over it! You didn't want her. I want her as my Queen." Douglas said heatedly.

"She was 17 and it is against the law to mate with a 17 year old. I was trying to protect her from my love for her." Reardan said as his feral rage increased.

"How appropriate! It was her 18th birthday that you moved her out. You've given up any right to her!" Douglas couldn't understand his fury and his need to stay close to Alice.

Meridian felt the need to end this now. "OK men, that is enough. She is not a commodity. This situation is bad enough. I have the two of you fighting for her as a mate or spouse and I have 20 mages and 30 some wizards who also want custody of her. So why don't we all tone it down and let her get well without all the testosterone?" Meridian said shaking her head dumbfounded at the situation.

The doctor had an odd feeling about Alice. He quickly brought over some additional pain killer to put her out completely and stop her from moaning in pain. Everyone started to calm down slightly. "Now men, she needs her rest. One word from either of you and I will banish you from her room."

Reardan walked over to Meridian growling, "You will not give me any instructions regarding my MATE!"

Meridian grew fangs and wings as she looked at him and spoke in a deadly low voice, "Listen to me clearly Reardan, she is not your mate yet and do not threaten me."

Reardan became more feral as he looked at her, "I am a Prime Alpha! You will not speak to me as such."

The days of sleep deprivation and Marcus being stuck in meetings had taken its toll as rage was taking over Meridian. "I am Triad. I am above you."

Reardan went to slam Meridian against the wall as she shifted to the side and slammed him against it. She held him in a grip of steel with her fangs near his neck. "Do not push me Reardan. I will end every chance you have at having a mate if you push me much further."

Marcus had felt Meridian's temper slowly snap as he searched for her as he saw her with Reardan against the wall.

Marcus acted out of instinct pulling Meridian away and slamming Reardan across the room. He started to approach Reardan as they both became more feral, "You NEVER touch my mate!"

Suddenly Alice's whining moan broke their reverie as the air seemed infused with pain. Everyone started becoming calmer as Marcus put his hand out to help Reardan up. Reardan reluctantly took it as the doctor asked everyone to go outside.

Reluctantly they all went out the back door to the facility. He looked at them, "This is just preliminary and I will work on a longer lasting one but do to the hostile atmosphere I had her blood analyzed. She is giving off excessive pheromones." The doctor injected each of them. "Right now you need one a day."

Everyone felt the tension in the air begin to thin. Reardan looked at Meridian, "I'm sorry Meridian."

Meridian just shook her head wearily.

"I have a conference call but will be back later." Marcus said as he turned and left.

~~~~~~

Alex was feeling back pain when she awoke. She noticed Logan was no longer in bed and she was in the room alone. Great! The one time she wanted someone around she was alone. Screw it, she thought, I'll just walk to the medical facility.

She unhooked all the medical equipment and walked out towards the medical facility. She made if halfway across the lawn when a labor pain hit her so hard she collapsed to the ground.

Marcus saw someone collapse as he walked from the medical facility. He rushed up when he realized it was Alex. "What the hell are you doing walking?"

"I'm trying to get to medical to have the baby!" Alex screamed as another labor pain hit her.

Marcus pulled her up into his arms and rushed her into the medical facility. The large group waiting outside the facility quickly parted and opened the door for him.

He settled Alex on a gurney as he called over Reardan and the doctor.

Meridian finally pushed Douglas from Alice's room and out of the medical building. She directed him to get everyone settled in the castle. "Go be productive; she will be out at least 12 hours so GO!"

~~~~~~

Finally, they prepared Alex as she started to give birth. Meridian held her hand as she dialed Logan. "Get your ass here now! Your mate is in labor. A guard is posted at the door giving shots so take one before you enter."

Logan couldn't even think straight as he ran across the lawn in his boxers. Reardan just laughed at the disheveled state of Logan as he walked in and sat next to Alex. "Logan you forgot your pants though the Italian loafers do make you look runway worthy." Meridian grabbed some scrubs and threw them at him.

This birth wasn't as fast. After an hour of pushing Alex looked exhausted. Reardan looked up at Alex, "Just one more push Alex. Just one more."

"I'm too tired. I can't do it." Alex slumped backwards in defeat feeling her energy leave her.

Logan quickly lifted her back and sat with her between his legs. "Sweetie, just one more hold my hand. You can do this."

Alex screamed during the final push when she saw Reardan remove the child. She lay back against Logan as he stroked her hair. "My amazing Alex."

Meridian walked outside of the room feeling like she would crack soon seeing the display of affection. The vast chasm between her and Marcus was becoming larger. She leaned back against the wall calming herself before she reentered the room.

Reardan checked he baby over noticing he seemed more mature than the other children. They heard doors open as Drake walked in with his little boy.

They walked over to Alex, "Lucian is finally here huh?"

"Yes, and do we have a name baby blank?" Alex teased.

"Yes, this is Nico and my twin sister's name is Skylar." Drake announced. "He wouldn't stop crying so the closer we got to you the more he calmed down." He noticed his child trying to get to Lucian. Drake's concentration was cut to pieces when he noticed Alex turn white. "Alex, are you ok?"

Reardan started shouting as he noticed she was starting to hemorrhage. "She's bleeding out."

Nico reached his arms out for Lucian who was being held by a nurse who started leaning over Alex.

Drake didn't notice them touch as he leaned over trying to calm Alex. Logan was holding her face trying to get her to concentrate and stay awake. Finally, he noticed Nico and Lucian reach down to touch Alex. "Nico, no, we need to leave the room."

Nico cried out and kicked until he somehow pushed forward until he and Lucian were touching Alex's torso. Both had somehow pushed the people holding them forward so they were able to touch Alex making it impossible to pull the children away. Everyone noticed a light start to glow around the children then Alex.

Reardan announced, "The bleeding is stopping. She still needs some blood." Logan cut is wrist and whispered gently to her to drink until he was sure she had enough. He gently ran his hand down her throat coaxing her into swallowing.

Nico turned his head and the vampires thought they heard a voice in their head, "Alex better."

The vampire men just stared at each other.

Drake pulled Nico close as the child began to doze off.

Logan face was filled with dread when he finally looked at Reardan, "Is she going to be ok?" The question almost came out as a mourning cry.

"More than OK. Let her rest and let's finish making sure all is fine with Lucian."

Logan gasped as he looked at Lucian and was a bit concerned that he was almost a mirror image of Nico with his bronze skin and hair. Both children almost seemed to glow and had dipples on opposite sides of their faces.

Meridian walked over and touched the child as she went into a trance, "Ashvins, the two are the Ashvins. Nico was born on the 7th and Lucian on the 14th. They are the immortal twins of the gods." The stress of everything and the premonition hit her so hard she collapsed and hit the floor.

The doctor hurried over and picked her up taking her to the other room while Reardan tended to Alex.

~~~~~~

Lucian started holding his arms out and flexing his hands as if to motion the need to go into another room.

Logan heard a voice in his head, "Alice."

Logan looked down to notice Alex was asleep as he gently placed her back in the bed. The vampire men followed Logan to Alice's room.

Reardan made sure Alex was fine and another doctor relieved him before he followed to find out what was going on with everyone going to Alice's room. The first thing they noticed was the slow an erratic heart beat as the heart monitor started going off.

Lucian kept flexing his hands as if he wanted to touch Alice. Logan kept resisting, "Alice is sick we need to let her rest." Reardan rushed to her side to try to stabilize her heart. He felt his heart shattering as he heard her heart become even weaker.