Finding Meridian Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lucian cried and kicked until Logan held him close to Alice's body as some unnatural power pushed him forward. Lucian touched her cheek as his hand glowed.

Lucian finally removed his hand and Logan pulled him back. He seemed to telepathically talk to all the vampires, "Heal Phoenix Alice."

Reardan finally relaxed when her vitals became stable again. He tried to hide wiping the tears from his cheeks. He gestured to the other doctor as he needed to walk outside to clear his head.

All the vampires then heard the children speak telepathically to them, "Phoenix Alice, Aunt Alice!" Nico clapped his hands as he smiled as did Lucian from the other room.

Lucian looked at Logan as he kicked his feet and reached his arms out motioning for Alex's room.

Logan carried him back to his mother who cradled him close as they fell to sleep.

Drake went to check on Meridian as she started to wake. "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine I just got dizzy. Don't tell Marcus, I just passed out. I'm fine."

Drake looked at Meridian, "Who are Ashvins?"

"What?" Meridian stared at him dumbfounded.

"You said two of the children are Ashvins, what are Ashvins?" Drake looked at her as he held Nico who began to sleep again.

"It must have been a premonition. I will need to do some research."

Drake noticed the dark circles under her eyes, "When was the last time you slept? You're doing too much."

"I'll be fine. I can't sleep anyways. I'll get some rest some rest when things slow down. Thank you Drake. Can you talk Logan into not telling Marcus?"

"I'll try."

Meridian got out of the bed and forced herself to check on her sister before heading back to the house. It was time to feed the children.

~~~~~~

Michael was rushed to the medical facility complaining of appendicitis. As the doctor turned he was hit over the head and knocked unconscious.

Instinctively, Alice's eyes opened and she removed the wrist bands. Despite the weakness she knew the children were in danger. She pulled the IV from her arm as she staggered into the other room.

She saw Douglas making his way towards Alex's room. She somehow felt he was going to hurt the child.

She felt a pulsing of electricity flow through her body as she removed the arm bands and her body changed. A startled Michael stared and began to second guess his actions as he saw the raging anger and loss of control start to seep through her.

She grabbed him and was ready to kill him when Douglas walked in seeing her in her full glory.

"You will be my first kill." Alice announced to Michael. Alice was holding him by his neck up in the air.

She turned to Douglas and Reardan were shouting at her. Logan was standing feral in the doorway to Alex's room ready to attack anyone who threatened his family.

Douglas' voice finally came through, "I will finish his execution! You have my word."

Logan rushed grabbing Michael roughly transferring him to the guards as Reardan rushed in just catching Alice as she started to pass out.

~~~~~~

Alex awoke to a distraught Logan as she looked over as he rocked Lucian. His mind was fixed on how he almost lost things that had never thought he wanted but now meant everything to him. His heart belonged to them. Her mind immediately went to worst case scenario as he saw him rocking the child.

"No, please no Logan." Alex cried out.

"Michael attacked. You started hemorrhaging. I could have lost both of you." He said as he crawled into bed next to her needing to hold them both to prove it was over.

"I'm fine Logan," Alex said as she tried to get up but the emotions of everything hit her hard when she realized what happened.

Alex held him close quietly crying as she saw Lucian reach a hand up touching both Logan and Alex, "Don't cry. All is fine."

They both quietly sobbed for a bit until falling into a sleep as Douglas stationed over 20 guards outside their door.

~~~~~~~~

Reardan sat in the library with a drink surrounded by the top royalty including the Grand Mage and Wizard.

A weary Meridian was the first to speak, "It seems we have some issues to deal with." Meridian hesitated as she wondered what the easiest way to end this struggle for Alice.

All of a sudden Blue barged into the room followed by Connor.

Grand Mage Elly gasped as she said, "The Guardian has arrived!" She looked at Grand Wizard Morley, "Blue is Alice's Guardian so we can leave her in Blue's care. It was ordained by Zeus."

"Then we will remove the petition for her custody." Grand Wizard Morley stood and left with Grand Mage Elly.

Blue and Connor sat at Blue began to speak, "I am so excited. I was notified by Zeus I am to be the Guardian and trainer for Alice who turns out to be a Phoenix." Blue started clapping. "I am so excited."

"I know you are excited Blue but we have a few issues." Meridian said wondering how to get the rest of the issues settled.

Marcus studied her and noted that he would have to work with her to restrict her life so she wasn't so drained and exhausted. He felt a pang of guilt as he looked at her.

Blue just waived her hand and laughed, "Tisk tisk. Reardan, a mate is a mate is a mate. I talked to Teague and you will temporarily be ruling North America and Teague will rule again in your homeland. You still get precautionary shot every day. We have more to discuss later Reardan. No going all cave man on us. Am I forgetting anything?"

Marcus started to laugh, "Did you and Meridian take the same domination course?"

Meridian looked at Blue who looked at Trinity and they all spoke each word separately, "Why yes...yes we all are of the same sect."

Marcus looked around the room at the other men, "I think I speak for all the men. That's just creepy."

The women started laughing as Connor muttered, "That's upping the creepy scale can we please stop."

Logan then spoke, "I want time to meet with Alice to thank her. Meridian, Drake and I need to know what Lucian and Nico being Ashvins mean."

Meridian then spoke, "I did quite a bit of research. They are divine twins, immortal and considered doctors to the gods. They heal and avoid misfortune and illness. We won't know all the abilities until they grow up."

Trinity burst out laughing, "So Lucian is Nico's brother from another mother?"

Meridian tried not to laugh but she couldn't help it. It had been so long since she had laughed.

Connor finally just burst out his comment, "Blue if you would accept I would like to assist you."

Blue smiled at Connor, "I accept."

Marcus took control of the conversation, "Well before we go any further there are decisions to be made about where to raise the children and such. For now I think we have more than had enough drama for the day."

Everyone got up to leave as Reardan headed over to Blue. "Blue, I need to be with her. I promise to behave but I really need to be with her."

"I took care of having her moved into your former room and listen to me carefully. She is of age but no mating yet. But I am unsure of how your blood has altered her DNA. Let's try and keep her unmated shall we? I am going with you to check on her first. Today was quite traumatic for her. She needs to heal in her Phoenix form so to keep that under wraps we need to keep her confined to the room." Blue gave him a stern face.

"I will do my best." Reardan shouted as he ran to his former room while Blue followed.

~~~~~~

Blue grabbed Reardan's arm as he almost fell to his knees when he saw Alice in the bed they had shared. He saw the nurse cleaning the wound on her abdomen which was still unhealed and had ugly infected stitches from being ripped open and restitched. "Reardan, hang in there with me."

Reardan sat by the bed holding her hand until he finally fell to pieces staring down at the unconscious Alice, "I am so sorry." He looked at the nurse, "Why is she still unhealed?"

"She hasn't been fed but once since you left. She's been worked to exhaustion." Blue felt him tremble with rage. "Reardan she needs your love now not anger."

He felt a hand on his shoulder as he noticed the medical equipment that surrounded her. He heard her whimper in pain and wanted to get her something.

"Calm down Reardan. I need you to trust me. No pain killer." Alice looked at the nurse, "Could you leave us?"

"Yes, of course miss." The nurse nodded and left locking the door behind her. Blue had already set a spell to make the nurse see Alice as her former self and not the changed Phoenix she was now.

Reardan stared at Alice as if in a daze. Her wings had retracted but he was in awe, "Alice you are so..."

Blue rushed in, "Reardan watch your words."

"Beautiful, stunning, and amazing." Reardan said without thinking. Reardan stared in utter awe at his Alice's burgundy and crimson ringlets.

"Alice, I am Blue. We met before. I was ordained to be your Guardian. Now listen to me. Stay calm. Everything is fine." Blue looked at her with a sweet smile, "Sweetie, it's not that time...No one will punish you. Now I need you to cry. I can make it all better if you cry. Can you cry?"

"I have no tears left." Alice muttered still refusing to open her eyes.

"Open your eyes Alice. Reardan is not an illusion he is here."

He gasped when she opened her eyes and he saw the brilliant orange and black with a ring of fire. Reardan was shocked to see her eyes as he marveled in their brilliance.

"I'm dreaming; Reardan left me." Alice said as she was holding back tears.

"And if you don't cry little one he will lose you again."

"I love you Alice. Please forgive me. Please." Reardan said as he held her hand as tears slid down his face.

Tears began to falling from Alice's eyes as Blue caught them in a cup. Reardan sat beside Blue trying to get closer to Alice.

"It's ok Alice, I have enough now." Blue laid her back as Reardan watched her pull the cover down and pour the tears over her wound watching her abdomen heal. "Alice it's still going to take some time to heal and you still might be sore. Do you want a sedative?"

"Reardan will leave then," Alice mumbled in a slightly incoherent way.

Reardan settled next to her and pulled her close. "I'm here, I'm here to stay. I haven't slept in so long since I left you. Please take the sedative and sleep. I will be right here sleeping with you knowing I haven't lost you. I haven't lost you have I? I love you so." The words seemed wrenched from his soul as he turned her head to stare into her eyes and held his breath.

"You haven't lost me. If you still want me? I'll take the shot." Alice said as Blue gave her the injection. Reardan heard her mumble and moved closer, "I love you to."

Reardan pulled her close as he just enjoyed the completeness of her being in his arms. He then looked at Blue. "I need to stay with her."

"Of course, rest, you look like shit!" Blue chuckled and left as he saw Reardan holding Alice close as he couldn't resist playing with her curls.

Blue looked at Reardan, "I will talk to you tomorrow. Decisions need to be finalized."

~~~~~~

Trinity thanked Meridian again for helping her with the babies. Despite Drake giving Trinity blood she had insisted he not share too much. They still were not completely out of danger. She was still hurting from the C-section. No one seemed to notice Meridian was still in pain from hers. She had also insisted in Marcus not sharing much blood.

Meridian continually came to help Alex with the babies along with taking care of her own.

Marcus was busy catching up with business back home. He failed to notice she was getting little or no sleep.

Meridian left Trinity's room as if some kind of trance. She needed to do more research in the library downstairs. She felt a wave of dizziness and nausea hit her as she was heading down the stairs. She felt the blackness enveloping her as she collapsed and fell down the staircase landing at the bottom.

~~~~~~

Marcus awoke with a start feeling as if something was horribly wrong. Then he heard the scream downstairs. He ran to the stairs seeing a collapsed Meridian at the bottom with blood pooling around her.

At the same time Alice awoke with a cry. Despite his strength Reardan was unable to hold Alice back as she ran to the door and headed down the stairs. By now there was a group of people surrounding Meridian as Marcus cradled her in his arms.

Reardan rushed down the stairs to see Alice blur to Marcus' side. Marcus was cradling Meridian in his arms trying to coax her to drink his slit wrist but her eyes were staring off into space. As much as he tried she wasn't responding.

Reardan rushed up checking out her head wound and cussing at the severity of it. He noticed her weakening heartbeat as did Marcus.

Alice reacted from instinct from memories from her past. Tears began to flow down her face as she leaned forward holding Meridian's face in her hands as she went to lightly kiss her lips. A golden light seemed to flow from Alice to Meridian causing their lips to glow through the kiss. Golden iridescent tears fell upon Meridian that did not slide down her cheeks. Instead they were enveloped by Meridian's skin.

Marcus went to push Alice away as her hand went to his cheek causing him to still. Alice's head went back as her other hand stayed on Meridian's face. A brilliantly enchanted singing voice began to chant, "Stay with us...Stay with us...Ignore the other side...You belong with us. Stay with us...from me to you...from him to you." Alice very lightly and lovingly kissed Meridian as the glowing began again from Alice's mouth and illuminated Meridian. A glowing began at her hands and seemed to link both Meridian and Marcus together as he felt his soul scream for her to stay.

Alice's head went backwards as Reardan was barely able to move as she screamed out and wings sprouted. Her hand slid from Marcus' face to Meridian's heart. Everyone stared in shock as they both disappeared.

Marcus howled an ancient vampire whose soul had been ripped from him as he just howled a cry of loss and sorrow making everyone around him fall to their knees in grief.

Drake and Logan immediately sensed the volatile nature that was surfacing within Marcus. They rushed and grabbed him struggling as they dragged him into a safe room and locked him in.

~~~~~~

The final chapter is next! It is actually done and right behind this one so hang in there with me. I didn't want to leave everyone waiting forever with such a cliff hanger. I so appreciate your voting and support!