All Comments on 'Five Horse Accumulator'

by potsherd22

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
SpykkeSpykkeover 10 years ago
Nice tale of real life

I enjoyed it a great deal

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
lovely...

just lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*

Nice story.

Now, although I have traveled to the mother country and know that a lift is an elevator and the tube is the subway and a car hood is a bonnet, etc, I am flummoxed by "gormless ha'porth"?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

What an excellent change of pace. Great tale of love and acceptance of what happens in life sometimes. I'm just going to mention my one criticism of this tale. What if she found out he was fooling around before they were married? From judging her character, it doesn't seem as if she would have tolerated this betrayal before marriage. Just something to think about. Still a five star tale.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
Nice little story

It's a shame the Neanderthals won't like it, because it doesn't fit their preconceptions about what a "proper" LW story ought to be like. Me, I thought it was just fine. And the wife actually has ancestors from Loughborough and Birstall. Small world, innit?

"Gormless ha'porth" probably doesn't have a precise translation into American English. "Useless twit" is close, but not as scathing. Lot of nasty connotations in "gormless," in any context other than a wife dressing down the husband she loves after a major screw-up. "Ha'porth" is easier: the amount of something one can buy with a half-penny. In other words, a minuscule amount. Regional dialect in the UK makes lots more sense if you're used to reading stuff written before the 19th Century.

The rating system here needs more nuance. Still, I'm happier with giving you 5 stars than I would be with 4.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Thank you for another fine tale...

I love your ability to come at things from a quite different angle than most writers on Lit. This positively glowed with humanity. Keep em coming please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really don't think you need an editor

Well done, a great read

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
The Pros & Cons of Stiff Upper Lip Maintinence

This is a story extremely emotionally constricted in the telling. The author definitely has a descriptive knack for his country and characters' external circumstances. It's the hearts and minds of those people, that the reader is locked out until the very end, & as such,was a mixed bag to peruse.

Details of the courtship, accident trauma, emotional / sensual bond of ostensibly,troubled marriage were clipped & superficial. The narrator must have been paying more attention to the horse racing forms then his wife for a misunderstanding on this scale to occur.

The foundation of this story was well set and carefully placed. The ending gave a lovely, heartening twist. If this author will share and color the details between more fully... the void in LW ,where first rate authors like The Troubadour & The Wanderer used to occupy, will be filled. ****

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Shoulda kicked him in the hernia for leaping to conclusions.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Well

My era, and I went to Loughborogh Uni. and connected here a lot. Enjoyed it Ta.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
This was the 2nd. story today that I almost stopped reading, but...

was glad for reading on. After reading the first few lines I really thought this was simply another willing cuckold story. Although the scenario was based on a lack of communication that was extreme and a little unrealistic, I enjoyed the story a lot.

Again, we need more of these. 5*s from me.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Pain diminishes communication

It is easy to see how Hubby could project into Sweetie his understanding of the centrality of male virility. Many women seem to be much less tied to, or influenced by, that idea.

This frank discussion (or something like this) should have happened when the E.D. consequence became apparent as a permanent phenomenon! I have been surprised many times when I would mention a projection from the male perspective (which I believed to be universal between the genders!) to my Sweetie. Her response, in these situations was often complete astonishment that anyone could think that way, and she would proceed to inform me of her female perspective, which she, in her turn, felt were universal across genders! Life gets very interesting when you finally understand that Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus...and the person you thought you knew and who thinks 'just like you' is, in fact, pretty much a stranger who has just given you a key to start to understand!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
slow building

your tale was slow building to a nice ending. a editor would help a little.

over all I liked your tale.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Great little tale

a look-in at a very difficult subject though unresolved because the shoe did not fit her foot... He was truly gormless though I think more like a schilling's worth.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Self Pity

Is blinding. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Short and to the point

Well done

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Excellent

I admit I'm an Anglophile, but there is something about British writers That I like. I think perhaps it is the word choice, Americans, myself included, tend to prefer vinacular writing styles.

Your story would have been better had you expanded on the chronic pain and impotence. I know erection, ejaculation, and orgasm are three separate things because i was sitting in a construction trailer, talking to a middle aged guy, we were just chatting, and he said he had prostate cancer and the erection didnt happen, but the other two worked well.

Any way it was a chance for you to add depth to the protagonist.

I gave it a 5 as you might assume

Chilley

gemman1gemman1over 10 years ago
Well done

Great story, I really enjoy your writing and would like to see more of it. Keep up the good work, even without and editor it was brilliant!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
Nicely done

A very sweet and loving storyline with a twist for an ending.

Thanks for the good read.

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
Excellent

True LW and one of the rare ones where there is real love....

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Simply Brilliant!

Best story of the week. You bested SS06's weekly story! Your up there with the best in our LW section

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Suggestion.

I enjoyed your story very much. I realize you've already submitted your story, but I'd like to suggest a more expanded ending, adding one more paragraph. Having a penis pump surgically implanted could solve our hero's problem.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Hi

Guess i'm about the same age as you, plus, I went to Loughborough university in the sixties so this story automatically hit a note with me. Even went our with a girl from Wigston in Leicester. Oh, I forgot, nice story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Now that is how its done!

You wrote a wonderful story. Very touching. I don't know what to say but brilliant. You don't need an editor. I love the tension even though there was no cheating. Keep on writing. *****

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Communication

Communication is the key to a happy marriage. Interesting story, thank you.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
perhaps he should visit Richard professionaly

rather than think ill of him, learn from him and get over the guilt of physical limitations.

find a solution, don't create problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yet another deranged and gutless cowardly Brit and its pathetic attempt at writing !

Won't those degenerates ever learn ? "1*" !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lack of communication can be a deal breaker

Well written story about a loving couple that can't or won't communicate their fears to one another. Nice that they work it out. Better if he had sued the bloody Doctors and gotten himself to a proper Doc and gotten fixed. Still time for that solution. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Those sicko annoyimous comments always attack for all the wrong perverted reasons

No we have those haters who make those weird comments nothing pertaining to the story,all about there misguided hate . This one who attacks Brits for what I have no idea. We are here because of Britain and others. So why all the hate.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 9 years ago
the majority of RAAC WAAC contributors appear to be Brits

(but not Britons) mostly descendants of the Normans, I guess. I really like British authors for the most part. But even in the mainstream authors, marriage vows in England seems to be more of a "serving suggestion" than commitment. I find it sad and certainly not as enlightened as many would assert.

Many of the British contributors here are top drawer with a wonderful mastery and economy of language. A joy to read until one encounters the plethora of wimpy husbands who roll over for any behavior and grasp for any excuse to justify their lack of self respect or respect for wives and children. The men who cheat, and even the women, in these stories do so cavalierly that it paints a dismal picture of British morality. I try not to do business with men and women who cheat on their partners not with those who roll over when they are the victims. They can not be trusted in other things either.

So, that may or may not explain the disdain shown for the Brits here. I am not in the BTB or vengeance crowds but I am in the accountability and true remorse before reconciliation crowd.

Thank you for the story and for the additional comments

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

This is what a marriage should be about. Unconditional love, Really nice story

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
JUMPING TO CONCLUSION SANS FACTS

a second opinion is called for. TK U MLJ LV NV

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 9 years ago
A five star story.

How many times have people jumped to conclusions like this?

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

That is the way LOVE should be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thorough garbage by a British faggot !

But aren't they all ? Just 1* !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
am officially in love with this story

I really hope people in this world were like this , thank you for

this inspiring story

LVGirlLVGirlabout 8 years ago
Wonderful

There really are people like Janet and your unnamed narrator in the world. This is a lovely story that feels very true to life. Thank you for sharing.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Hmmmmm.....needs follow-up

This reads like a prime example of a NHS cock up (pun intended). The iinjury he had speaks volumes on medical incompetence and malpractice. I am sure a decent doctor would be able to fix his impotence problem. How about doing a follow up story on this? The sad state of England's National Health Service is well known and a story about how it's cock ups can ruin lives would be timely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To and he believed her?

A course. Why not? Just because you believed your wife don't mean every wives is like yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yes, there are some honorable women.

I know there are because, after I fucked them and they'd sucked my cock hard again, they told me that I was the first man they'd had sex with since they got married.

They asked to keep fucking me so that they wouldn't be tempted to do it with anyone else because they didn't want to feel like a whore. They had to make sweet love to my cock while they sucked me off and swallow my come to prove they were serious. Only ten didn't swallow it... but they sucked my cock and fucked me to make me cum in their pussy.

What I'm saying here is the absolute truth. ... I was very selective.... no run of the mill scumbags and, during over thirty of seducing 'untouchable' married women, I bareback fucked and pumped my come into well over fifteen hundred of them and also into fifty or so of their underage daughters (12 to 17 yrs. old) that they brought to me for 'initiation', 'teaching' and 'training'.

Disbelieve me if you choose but you'd just be fooling yourself or trying to convince yourself that what I've just written isn't true. It definitely is and I made sure that every one of them enjoyed me fucking them enough to come back for more.

5 stars for the story. 10 for the memory refresher.

javmor79javmor79about 6 years ago
I love it when assholes admit to their crimes, or at least to the imaginings of crimes.

To the commenter before me, you are the worst kind of person. It's too bad people like you don't show your true colors in person. The imagination in that sick brain of yours is repulsive. You would actually dream of having sex with a 12 year old girl? And then try to pass that story off as true?

No one believes that bullshit, but the fact that you would even imagine it is beyond insane. I hope you get locked up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Welllllll

I guess he would be a lot happier believing her.

But odds are against it.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Trust

He believes her. I guess it's the trust you have when you love someone. Hope it works out for them. I agree with Javmor, if the anon commenter was living anything but a sick fantasy, he definitively should be in jail. When you hide behind anonymous, you can say anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lit app version is truncated

The Lit app version of this posting is truncated about halfway through.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
"If I can't make love with you, I'll just do without."

She is a keeper! I do like a happy ending.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 4 years ago

This popped up in the Random section and I'm glad it did. % stars. I know it's fiction, but all the best to this loving couple. Great story - thanks.

KeithRobertsKeithRobertsover 3 years ago
Praise deserved and given.

I have never given five stars before, but this deserved it. I am in a similar situation, and my wife is just as loving and supportive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a truly lovely woman you have painstakingly created ! Beautiful poignant story !

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars and a very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was such a great work, thank you so much. It's one of those rare stories about true love. Heartfelt 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

£11,000 back in the days of pounds, shillings and ounces would buy a fair bit of corrective surgery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 stars. Heart warming.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

Self-doubt, the great enemy to giving and receiving love, both physical and emotional. Jan gave him the gift of acceptance, the best tool of sexual healing in the world. Well done.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevelabout 1 year ago

Someone at my work is getting called a gormless ha'porth this week, for sure.

pukgpukgabout 1 year ago

been in his place and can tell you, you do need a loving partner like my wife. She does everything that Jan says she would do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a woman

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous