Flowers for Jan Ch. 02

Story Info
Bill and Jan's story continues.
2k words
3.52
56.6k
6

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/30/2022
Created 11/14/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers

Helen Hill angrily tapped a finger nail on her desk at the rear of the antique store as she listened to Bill's story. "That son of a bitch isn't going to get away with it this time!" she thought to herself, as Bill finished his tale. She stood up from her desk and offered Bill a warm handshake. Bill was impressed by Helen Hill's poise and dignified bearing. She was so different from the bubbly, outgoing enthusiasm of his bright-eyed little Jan.

"Mr. Stevens, thank you for letting me know about Ken and your wife. This isn't the first time. I forgave him once, but not again. May my attorney contact you?"

"Of course, Helen," Bill replied as he rose to leave and accepted Helen's hand, "our lawyers will probably want to compare notes. I'm sorry I had to tell you this, but there was no way I was going to let your husband make a cuckold out of me." The thought of his beautiful Jan having her belly filled with Ken's cum ran through his mind and made his stomach churn.

As Bill left the shop, he felt so many mixed emotions. As he drove home, his fury at Ken and his wife, the uncertainty about his next move, and a longing to know "Why?" ached in his psyche. Was it something he did? Was he neglecting her? Or did she just not love him anymore?

He pulled up to the house and glanced at the little dagger-board sloop on the trailer next to the garage. "Wave Dancer" said the name on the transom. He shook his head and sobbed quietly as he walked to the door. Then he saw the envelope tucked under the door knocker. He opened it and took a deep breath as he started to read.

"My darling husband," it started out. "Everyone in the office was standing around the front desk when I came upstairs. They all stopped talking and just stared at me. I was going to call you right away, but my boss called Ken and me into his private office and fired us both on the spot."

"I've gone to my mother's house. She will let me stay here for awhile while we try to sort things out. I told her what had happened. She wants to have a long talk with me later, along with my sisters."

"I don't know what to say, darling, except that I am so sorry I did this to you. I swear I never meant to hurt you. I don't know how this all happened. I'm just confused and ashamed of myself. Please tell me you don't hate me. I understand if you never want to speak to me again, but please, please, don't hate me. I love you more right now than ever before. I am so sorry, darling. Is there anything I can do? Will you talk to me? Love, Jan"

Bill absently crumpled the note in his hand as he opened the door and went to the kitchen. He had no idea of what to do. He needed to think. He needed to talk, but to who? Then he noticed the message light blinking on the kitchen phone. It was his old friend Christopher. "Hey buddy," the message began, "I heard about Jan and that scum bag. Gimme a call. I'm here for you, bud."

Bill rang up Chris, who suggested he come by their house for dinner. Chris's wife Lorna was a great cook, and a damned smart woman, too. Bill gratefully accepted, and after a quick shower headed over to their house. Feeling a bit more grounded after the shower, he was almost calm as Lorna greeted him with a glass of red wine. "Chris is in the dining room waiting," she said as she motioned toward the hallway.

Chris made supportive small talk as Lorna served one of her fabulous dinners and sat down at the table. "Bill, I'm so sorry for you," she said, "can you tell me what happened?"

Bill retold the tale, including the note. Lorna listened quietly as Chris refilled their wine glasses and then stepped into the kitchen. Lorna took a sip of wine and said, "What you really want to know right now is why, isn't it?" she asked compassionately.

"I think so," Bill muttered, almost to himself. Lorna put her wine down and sighed.

"Bill, I've known a lot of women who have had affairs. There are a million reasons on the surface, but it always comes down to what kind of woman she is and whether she loves you or not. The details don't matter."

"I thought she loved me," Bill sighed, "or at least she said she did."

Lorna continued as Bill listened quietly, "Look, I'm no psychologist, but I wasn't born yesterday either. I've known Jan almost as long as you have, and women do talk. I was a bride's maid, remember? She was madly and truly in love with you. She still is."

"Then why the sex with Ken? Why the lies and games, and how do you know she still loves me?" Bill asked.

"I talked to her. She called me when she got to her mother's house. She told me everything. She told me she loves you and wants to try to make it right." Laura said as she reached for a croissant.

"Told you everything? And you believe her?" Bill asked, becoming a little suspicious.

"Yes, Bill, I believe she is telling me the truth. But that's not the what bothers me. Chris and I would love to see you two try to work through this, but I just don't know...." Lorna's voice tapered off.

Bill poked and nibbled at his dinner as he listened to Lorna. Chris rejoined them, and he too kept his peace as the world-wise Lorna politely cleared her throat to speak again.

"Bill darling, there's no nice way of putting it. Jan is what we women call a stupid girl." Lorna pronounced and then let the statement sink in.

Bill was dumbfounded. Jan was as bright and clever as they come, an honors student in college. Jan was stupid? He shook his head in disbelief.

"Look Bill," Lorna said, "Book-smarts and cleverness are one thing. But some women never lose their childish naivety. They stay little girls. They never become mature women inside. They trust everyone and never suspect ulterior motives. Maybe their mothers never warned them about predatory men. Maybe they think flirtatious friendships with men are a little game they can play for fun. They never figure out that a lot of smooth-talking guys just want to get into their pants. They think life is all a big fun party. They're stupid, and they let themselves get into situations they later regret."

Bill started to sob softly. He couldn't stop himself. God, how he loved Jan! But how could an on-going affair be just a stupid mistake? How could months of hide-and-seek games be a matter of a naive woman caught in an unguarded moment? The more he tried to understand, the more incomprehensible it became. Was Jan's friendliness and effervescent personality just a symptom of immaturity, or was she a game-playing little tramp deep inside? He couldn't be sure. He needed to know.

"Hey buddy," Christopher finally said, "why don't you get some sleep. You've had a rough day. Think about what Lorna said. She knows what she's talking about."

Bill said good night to his friends and headed back home with one thought in his mind: stupid girl.

Bill slept restlessly in spite of the dinner wine. In his dreams, he imagined his beautiful Jan cavorting with dozens of strange men, gasping with pleasure as each one's sperm gushed into her hungry pussy. He woke up early and dressed for work, trying to put the painful dreams out of his mind. His dealership was thriving, and working would give him a chance to clear his mind. He hardly thought about Jan at all as he went about his day. It wasn't until he got home and reached his doorstep that it all came flooding back to him. There on the stoop was a bouquet of yellow roses with a card, and a little velvet box. He opened the card, which read, "Sweetheart, I need to talk to you so badly. Please, honey, call me! Love, Jan" In the box was his wedding band.

He thought about Jan's request as he nibbled at some cold left-over pizza. It was almost midnight before he decided to call. Jan's mother answered, half-asleep. "Bill? I was so hoping you'd call. Jan has to talk to you if you'll let her, but I'm glad I had a chance to talk to her first. She's crushed by what she's done, and I think I know the explanation."

Bill listened to his mother-in-law as he thought: stupid girl. Jan's mother more or less confirmed the excuses for Jan's straying. Her mom even apologized for never giving Jan the "all men think with their dicks" warning talk that every young woman needs to hear. Yes, Bill would talk to her. He would meet her for dinner at seven tomorrow.

Next evening, Bill sat apprehensively as Jan entered the restaurant hesitantly, almost sullenly. Bill could sense her shame and fear as he motioned her to his table. It was surreal; who were these pained, suffering losers impersonating the happy couple of Bill and Jan? Gone was the happy, flighty little girl. But oh, my God, she was still beautiful to him. He recalled his dreams...

Jan seated herself and stared at the table in front of her. "OK," Bill prodded her, "here we are. What have you got to tell me?"

She looked up and into her husband's eyes and started to cry. "Darling, I am so sorry!"

He believed she was sorry. He just wasn't sure if she was sorry for destroying their marriage, or just for getting caught. Stupid girl?

"Oh Bill," she sobbed, "I was a fool. I was a silly, romantic, little-girl fool, and I hurt you terribly. What happened was all my fault. I should have known that Ken was just looking to get me in bed, but, God forgive me, I was just so swept away by it all. It was like I was somebody else, like a movie actress shooting a scene, like it wasn't real. But it was real, and I'm so sorry darling!"

She was crying uncontrollably now. The others in the cafe were staring. Suddenly Bill's heart went out for her. He reflexively reached for her hand. She was still wearing her rings. Suddenly, she stood up and hurried for the door. Bill leaped from his chair to follower her, and caught her as she reached the sidewalk. He spun her into his arms, and hugged his sobbing little wife to his chest. She shook as he held her tight, and she sobbed, "Darling, I'm so ashamed. I'm so, so sorry." Bill said nothing, he just kissed her softly on top of her head and held her for a bit.

When she stopped shaking, Bill wiped away her tears and with a sad smile asked her, "Sweetheart, will you come home with me tonight?"

Jan looked up at him, and he saw her big blue eyes brighten as a huge smile came to her face. "Yes, darling, yes! Anything you want! Right now! Oh, Bill, I love you so much!" she gushed. She was practically bouncing on her tip-toes as he led her to the big luxury sedan Bill drove as a dealer demo car. They got in and headed home.

When they pulled into the driveway, they almost ran to the door. Once they got inside, all thoughts of their troubles were temporarily forgotten. They tore at each other's clothes in a frenzied eagerness to feel each other's flesh against theirs. They never made it to the bedroom that night. Again and again, Bill made passionate love to his lust-filled wife. The living room was strewn with clothing when they awoke in each other's arms on the couch, with Bill snoring softly, his head on her shoulder. Jan's chin and thighs were still sticky with Bill's sperm. She felt wonderful. He still loved her! It was going to be alright.

Then her cell phone rang. She recognized the caller ID. It was Ken Hill.

The conclusion to Jan and Bill's story is coming soon!

Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers