FOC - Uleni's Gamble 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
3,000 Followers

She caught a few rabbits, skinned them, and headed back for their camp. Nicole had already gathered wood and had a good fire going, she skewered the meat and hung them over the waiting fire. They were all hungry from the energy expended in their run and looked forward to a good meal.

------------

Nora felt herself relaxing as well. Her stress over the last two weeks and more was slowly releasing. She realized they still had a god to deal with, but strangely that didn't stress her out as much as the idea of assassins or enemy soldiers attacking. Those were her concerns, there was nothing she could do about their remaining problem, except trust that Justin would take care of it as he had last time.

She still trained with Trina that night though, it wouldn't hurt to develop her other skills despite having her magic to depend on again...

Chapter 14

Justin got a little worried over the next two days of travel. When he had faced the dark god, the answer had come at the last minute, just seconds from death. If at all possible he wanted a plan before going in this time. Last time he hadn't really known what to expect at all, this time, he knew it would be a fight for his life.

He just couldn't figure out an answer. If giving his free will away to have a goddess work directly through him wouldn't be enough, than what would be? The power he had felt that day was beyond his comprehension, how could he possibly make a difference to that?

He should be worried about normal things, like how to be a good father, and how to keep his mates happy. But he wouldn't shy from his responsibility. He was a little scared that he would let his goddess down, there had to be a way, he just didn't know what it was.

At the end of their third day of travel, they were close to the city but decided to spend the night at their home instead, and go visit the king in the morning. The building seemed undisturbed but he checked all the rooms anyway, made sure no squatters had moved in during their absence.

Katrina and Sara got to work in the kitchen on their evening meal while Sally used the cleaning spells to remove all the dust and stale air, refreshing their sheets and bedding. Nora cut up some wood and Nicole helped carry it in and light it, getting one of the stoves ready for their cooks.

He smiled, it felt like coming home. Sally came in and sat on his lap, snuggling her nose into his neck and shoulder. This place, and Sally in his lap reminded him why he was doing what he was doing. He had to find a way to destroy the altar, keep his family free and their world free from that influence. He was also doing it for his goddess, he owed her his life, and so much more, he truly would do anything she asked of him.

Sally kissed him, then got up and started to set the table in the kitchen. In a short time they all enjoyed a meal together, for tonight, in their own little world, alone with their family...

------------

Nicole stepped into her father's suite wondering how he took what Justin told him. They had been closeted for a couple of hours. Her first impression of his mood was resigned, it really was a good idea to get a hold of Egeria, but she knew it would cause complications for her father. Still, she thought the new problems were a good tradeoff to stop the raiding and even the suffering of the people in Egeria under a brutal rule.

She gave him a familial hug and sat down at his gesture.

He said without preamble, "I never wanted another woman after your mother. I don't know if you remember, but I even tried when you were younger. I couldn't help but compare, and it was also hard to discern if a woman actually cared for me, or if she simply wanted to be queen.

"With your brother out of the picture now, ruling in Egeria... I feel I don't have a choice, and will pursue it again, perhaps enough time has passed. In the interim however, I have officially named your child my heir, male or not, until I do my duty and produce another son. Cytherea willing, there will be a woman out there fool enough to want your old man."

She smiled, "I'm sure there is father, and if you want to weed out the social climbers, feel free to throw a large ball and invite us. I'm sure Sara would be happy to help you out that way."

He grinned conspiratorially, "That is an ingeniously sneaky idea daughter, and will put my mind at ease. I'm glad you were paying attention growing up. I'll set something up for a few weeks from now. Hopefully everything will settle down by then."

They talked for a while longer until duty pulled her father away, she returned to the guest suites in high spirits. It looked like her and her father wouldn't take too long to redefine their relationship after all.

She and the others could tell Justin was concerned and bothered, so they sat him down, and with wheedling and threats got the whole story from him. He had never shared with them before, what it had taken, the way he sacrificed his free will and put his life on the line for the goddess. Apparently if he did that again it wouldn't be enough, and it didn't take her long to figure out the answer, and realize why he hadn't yet.

When she explained her idea, he hadn't liked it very much. In fact he argued about it vociferously. She got why of course, and although she was a little angry at his stance, her and the other ladies decided to let him think about it for a while. There was no point in arguing about it, at least, not yet. She would give him the time he needed, within reason.

Dinner came and they dropped the subject completely as they ate...

------------

Sally stretched, displaying herself decadently, her body was pleasantly sore from last hour spent with her mate. She laughed when Justin took the opportunity to both tickle her, and suckle one of her nipples. She moaned as her nipple tightened, delighted her bait had worked so well.

She loved how he worshipped her body with his eyes, mouth, tongue and fingertips. It was only fair after all, she couldn't get enough of his either. He didn't disappoint, she sighed in pleasure as she felt his mushroom head enter her eager velvety center, filling her completely as he drove deep within her limber and supple body.

She moved her legs around and up, so she was pinned beneath him. She smiled up at him while reaching under her own ass, which was hovering over the bed as she was held up by her legs on his shoulders. She started to tease his balls, gently rolling them in her fingers.

"Goddess Justin! You're so deep." Demandingly she said, "I want more of your cum in me, fuck me hard, fill my needy pussy with your baby batter."

She gasped and pinched her own nipple with her other hand as she rose quickly to orgasm. His long thick pole stretching her as he pounded deeply into her needy body over and over again. She was delirious with the pleasure of her mate using her body so roughly. He had a lot of stamina after already cumming twice and drilled into her without mercy as she was brought to bliss over and over.

She loved Justin but this was primal, a hard and fast coupling out of lust and barely controlled passion. She encouraged him to fill her again when she felt him start to expand within her, and his balls tightened and slightly raised off her fingertips.

She loved having the power to make him lose control, and it got her off so well every time he did. They cuddled and kissed, her body felt used and sore, and she was sated and quite content, for now...

------------

Justin was trying to figure out another way as they moved through Uleni, but was pinned by the logic of Nicole's argument yesterday. He also knew he was on thin ice, but it was one thing to risk his life for his family and goddess, it was another to risk his and his mates' lives. It should work, but if it doesn't they would all die.

He just couldn't wrap his head around that risk.

There was another more practical issue with the plan, while they were taking care of the altar both he and his mates would be fully occupied. He was glad they had a truce and a starting peace with Uleni, but he wasn't sure he trusted them with his unprotected back. If they could get rid of him their dreams of world conquest, that he had basically forced them to abandon, would be that much more reachable.

He had no doubt Trina would defend them, but against a couple of mages she really wouldn't be able to in his opinion. Maybe one, if she was fast enough... Either way he didn't like it, not at all. On the other hand, he was close to getting sent to the doghouse, all of his mates were strong and did not want to be coddled.

He would probably have to give in, if only to respect their right to choose the risk, but he would hate every moment of it. He also realized it was a bit hypocritical, since they had been risking their lives to protect him and each other from mundane threats all along. Of course, they had never been faced with an all or nothing threat before, he knew he needed to calm down or he would start losing it, if he hadn't already.

They stopped at a village for lunch, their group received a few suspicious stares as they went into the tavern for lunch. The tavern owner seemed reluctant to have them there, but was too afraid to refuse them service. There may have been a treaty in the works and a tentative peace, but that didn't mean everyone in the kingdom knew about it.

He decided the course of wisdom was to compromise, and said if they couldn't figure out another way to get things done, they would go with Nicole's plan. They were about halfway through eating when an older man walked in and stared at the group, then stepped back out. He was worried what that meant and suggested they get out of there.

He wasn't too worried about anything happening to them, but if they were forced to defend themselves it wouldn't look good. They were getting up when the older man came back in, this time with ten soldiers.

One of the soldiers said, "Halt! You are under arrest, all of you."

He furrowed his brow, "The capitol is expecting our return, for what reason do you accost us?"

The soldier glared, "This mage has told us you harbor a witch, you will all be tried and dealt with accordingly."

He asked carefully, "Did the mage also tell you who I am? Surely if he checked our magic he would know?"

He guessed the mage only bothered to check the ladies, because the blood drained from the mage's face as he met the old man's eyes with his.

He smiled coldly, "You might want to talk to him, he clearly knows who I am now. Better late than never."

What he said made him feel like a pretentious jackass, but it was better than explaining a fight, and perhaps a chase across the kingdom. He worried it may come to that anyway.

The guard looked uneasily at the mage, who seemed incapable of speech right at the moment.

The mage finally bowed low and said, "My apologies Flame of Cytherea," turning to the soldiers he said, "We must allow the foul witch passage, they are on a mission essential to our survival."

He relaxed slightly as the guards nodded and left the tavern. They watched as the old man glared at Sally again in disgust, as if not quite believing what he was doing, and left.

He sighed. "That was fun, we might as well finish our lunch. We'll need the energy this afternoon."

They sat back down and ate quickly, all of them eager to get out of this village. They decided it was probably better not to push their luck and avoid stopping in any more villages. They wouldn't reach the capitol until tomorrow night, it would be better if they could avoid any incidents.

They got back on the road and moved quickly, putting the town far behind them. It seemed clear to him there was no love lost here in Uleni. Perhaps one day Egeria would be safe but clearly they would need to keep an eye north. Uleni was too set in their ways at the highest levels. When they stopped for the night, set up the tent, and started cooking dinner he brought up his concerns.

"I'm a little worried what will happen once we destroy the altar and the books. I don't want to borrow trouble, but I have a feeling if it wasn't for needing me to get rid of the altar, Uleni wouldn't be quite so tolerant. I wouldn't be surprised if we broke the altar and found a dagger in our backs."

Sara said, "I think you are right, they are worried about you. Not all of them, some like Ross and the other mages that were with us simply want to help make things better. But King Luis? I wouldn't trust him."

He frowned, if Sara was concerned he knew there was a good reason to worry.

Nicole said, "If we need to, we can fight our way out," she shrugged, "I don't think they have the troop strength to take us. Especially when we are in their castle with limited directions to come at us, we could hold them off easily. I think we will be mostly at risk while leaving, in the city."

He pondered that for a moment, "Okay, how about if Sara thinks they are going to betray us, we will take the secret way out Trina knows, avoiding the city altogether, then run for it. Some of them could keep up, but not enough to truly threaten us I don't think. The trick will be leaving without setting off a war they can't win and we don't want to fight."

Nora nodded, "I can get behind that plan, although I'll be honest, it is tempting to clean house. I hate the idea of baby girls that could grow up to be just like Sally being killed. Still, that isn't the best way to get people to change either."

Nicole added, "That is tempting, but it could screw up what we have going in Egeria as well. Ross might object, and possibly retaliate against my brother. I hate politics getting in the way of saving the young female mages though. Maybe we could help without starting a war. Send in teams to monitor villages and get female mages out of the country somehow? I don't know."

They discussed a number of possibilities as they ate their dinner. He wasn't sure what would come of it, but he planned on talking to the king when he got back to Abelaweth. Surely something could be done, perfect or not, to save at least some of them.

Nicole pulled him into the tent after dinner, and made him forget all about enemy kingdoms and the fact they would be facing off with a god in just twenty four hours...

----------

Nicole wouldn't admit it to Justin, but her plan scared the crap out of her. If she were wrong about it, they would all die. Justin, her, all the other mates and their unborn children, just gone. Still, it was their best and possibly only chance at success.

She lost herself in his arms and opened her body and soul to him as they made love. She just couldn't imagine this being the last time. It couldn't be, she wouldn't allow it. When he angled his stroke and started hitting her g-spot, she stopped worrying about anything, for quite a while...

----------

They packed up in silence, all of them lost in their own thoughts. Justin found himself praying to Cytherea, but she wasn't giving him any hints either way on if it would work or not. He hoped they would be able to snag the books and find another way, although he doubted it would make a difference. If there was another way, the goddess would not have needed to create his talent in the first place.

They were barely traveling for an hour when Nicole landed in front of them, a couple of hundred yards out and changed. They slowed and stopped and he wondered what the heck was going on now?

Nicole reported, "There is a group of large soldiers a half mile ahead, blocking the road. I also saw a couple of people dressed like the mages do here."

Nora asked, "Is there a way around, should we just avoid them?"

He pursed his lips in thought and said, "Let's go see what they want. I was expecting this on our way out, not on the trip in."

No one looked thrilled at the idea, but they walked that half mile at a normal pace. He was all set to respond quickly to any attack and trying to keep his anger at bay. The people of Uleni were starting to really piss him off, and for him and his magical talent, that was a deadly mistake.

When they came in sight of the road block, one of them started to walk toward them. As Nicole had told them, he could see the man was dressed as a mage. As they got closer together he could make out the mage's expression, it was neutral, and a little nervous. Still, he didn't relax all that much.

When they were close enough not to shout the mage said, "Greetings, I'm mage Stephen. We had reports you were coming back, and that there was a confrontation yesterday that was averted? King Luis sent me to escort you the rest of the way to avoid misunderstandings, and he thanks you for showing forbearance in dealing with the mage and guards."

The mage continued after making an apologetic face, "Some of our law enforcers can be rather... insistent. He had assumed when you returned Ross would be with you to smooth things over, and he only recently got word of what happened there."

He looked at Sara and she shrugged and nodded. He wasn't too happy about an escort, it would be exhausting watching their backs constantly, and it would slow them down. He didn't really see an alternative though, outside of starting another war.

"Very well, it would be good not having to worry about a repeat of yesterday. Do you know how long it will take us to get back to the capitol?"

Stephen looked surprised by the question, then a rueful look came over his face, "I wasn't very clear was I, by escort I meant travel. If you agree I can have us outside the capitol in moments. The soldiers behind me are local to the village straight ahead, I am the escort."

Perversely, now he was panicking about there not being enough time. He had his mind set on having the day before facing the task of the altar. He was more or less resigned to the battle for himself, but his emotional reaction toward putting his mates in danger so soon had him reeling. He managed to keep it from showing on his face, but it wasn't easy.

Stephen gave an understanding smile, completely misinterpreting their reactions. "I'll give you time to talk it over, but I assure you it's completely safe."

When he was far enough away not to hear Katrina asked, "Is it safe?"

Sally said, "It should be, he can't do anything to us without doing it to himself anyway."

Trina chimed in, "I have travelled a couple of times, it is uncomfortable, but not dangerous. It can be for the mage on their first attempt, but once a mage learns to do it..."

They talked about it for a minute, but they all knew they really didn't have much of a choice. They called Stephen back over. He warned them not to move around too much, or panic at the sensations, then started.

It was strange, he felt something like a tube wrapped around him, crushing him, but before he could even start to worry something was going wrong, the feeling receded and they found themselves a few hundred yards from the city walls. It was a bit jarring as his mind caught up.

He blew out a deep breath and said, "That was different."

Stephen smiled. "You did well, most of the time people get vertigo the first time when their surroundings change like that and empty their stomachs. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll escort... walk you to the palace."

Now that the mage mentioned it, he did feel a little queasy. They did a quick check of their gear as they recovered. Everything seemed good.

"Lead the way..."

At first the streets were crowded, some people gazed at them fearfully through the guard that escorted them from the gate, and others looked suspicious as they cleared out of the way. But a short way in, word must have travelled ahead because the crowd thinned out and they were able to travel faster.

It was a tense walk, he was pretty sure if they were going to do anything, it would be after the altar was taken care of, yet, people often did the unexpected. The soldiers were fairly close to him, and he felt like he was on a hair trigger. But the soldiers stopped at the castle gates and Stephen led them by himself up the stairs and into the large structure.

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
3,000 Followers