Football Widow Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They're not all bad memories. At first everything was great. I was stupid in love. She wasn't really pretty, not like you anyway. She was just kinda cute, but she was the best looking girl who ever paid me any mind. Trina despised her and my best friend Bethany hated her guts. They both said she was nothing but a gold digging little cunt, who was using me. Looking back they were right, but at the time their resistance just made me more stubborn. I swore that it was love and it was going to work and for a while it did. I didn't see it falling apart. I was just blind in love. One day I went to work and came home to an empty house. No note, no explanation, no nothing. Just all of the stuff I bought for her gone, my credit cards maxed out, a mortgage on a house I had signed for because she wanted it and the note on the car I gave her for her birthday. I pined for a while and then I had to get up and live or go into a shell and die. I chose to live, got a better paying job, paid off my bills, and started over. Now I have a house, car and anything I want. I make good money and have caught back up with old friends. I just have a couple more things to work out and it will all be good,"

"I'm glad you are back on track," Sue said quietly. Christa laughed then, breaking the suddenly somber mood.

"Things seem to be going my way for a change," she commented and their conversation turned back to art. Christa told her some more of her history and talked of her love of painting. Sue read a lot between the lines and came to believe the small woman still loved to paint, but no longer did so because of the painful memories. When the conversation tapered off Sue decided to take a chance.

"Do you still have your paints?"

"Nah, I tossed all that stuff,"

"Would you paint me?" Sue asked. Christa looked at her critically and cocked her head to one side. She was silent for so long Sue feared she had offended.

"You would be hard to paint Sue. You're too beautiful, it would take someone really talented to capture that. I don't think I am up to it,"

"What if I do?"

"What if you do what?"

"Think you're talented enough," she replied. Christa laughed. Sue was happy to see it wasn't derisive laughter or self-mocking.

"We artists are pretty eccentric. Would you be willing to pose nude?" Christa laughed. It was obvious she was trying to make light of it, but Sue wouldn't let it go.

"I would for you," she said as she blushed.

"You're serious?" Christa asked. All trace of humor was gone and she seemed very serious all of a sudden.

"Very serious,"

"Well, if I ever get some paints and we have the time, I'll think about it, how's that?"

"Perfect," sue said smiling. The subject was dropped and they finished their dinner in a strange silence. Sue felt she had surprised her smaller lover and she felt good. She was sure it was a good surprise, although she would have been hard pressed to explain just how she knew if someone would have asked. When they finished dinner and were back in the car Christa turned to her.

"Feel like hitting some clubs? Or do you want to go home?"

"I haven't been out to a club since my friend Amy's bachlorette party, years ago,"

"Didja have fun?"

"Oh yes, it was great fun, but I was a lot younger then,"

"So do you want to? Or don't you?"

"Well, yes, I suppose I do," Sue said.

------

Christa slid the car into an empty space on the street across from a large building. Sue was a little apprehensive, they were somewhere in the warehouse district and she was completely lost. The building was dark, but a large neon sign proclaimed The Golden Triangle in garish yellow superimposed on a triangle that seemed vaguely familiar. As they crossed the street and entered a dark foyer Sue unconsciously moved closer to Christa. Inside the main doors was a lobby of sorts with a large woman in a leather jacket sitting behind a makeshift counter. The walls were covered in posters of various bands and signed photos of famous and semi-famous people.

The bouncer was platinum blonde and wore her hair is a severe bob, with several piercings including her eyebrow and nose. Under the jacket she wore no shirt and a large expanse of her chest was readily visible, including the golden hoop through her left nipple.

"Ten dollah cover, two drink minimum," she said in a bored southern drawl.

"Damn Kay, don't even say hi," Christa said.

"Christ, I hain't seen you in coon's age girl," the blonde said as she grinned and extended her hand. Christa shook the woman's hand and laughed.

"Beth around?" Christa asked.

"Yeah, probably in the back, you know the way," the woman said.

"Take it easy," Christa said as she guided Sue into the club's interior, the cover charge seemingly forgotten.

The inside of the club was huge with more than half of it taken up by a dance floor. On a tall dais several banks of speakers were clustered around mixing equipment and decks forming an open DJ booth. Four suspended cages hung at each corner of the floor with ladders that led up to them. Banks of lights cast multicolor beams on the floor. Booths lined the walls and in the back there were tables and chairs. There were two massive bars, one along the back wall and one along the sidewall in the front.

In the front part of the club there were pool tables and a few video games. Several women played pool or sat around watching those playing. The dance floor was empty and there were relatively few people sitting in the back. At the moment there was no DJ and the music was top forty stuff. Christa took Sue's arm and guided her towards a door near the back that was marked Private. As they neared the door it opened and a statuesque blonde wearing a long gown made of black satin came out. She stopped and stared at them as they approached, her blue eyes locked onto Sue and gave her a slow once over.

"I didn't expect to see you this weekend," the woman said. Her words were addressed to Christa, but her eyes were still drinking in Sue's loveliness.

"Yeah, well, I didn't expect to be out. Sue, this is Bethany, you can call her Beth. Beth, this is Sue,"

"So pleased to finally meet you, my dear," Bethany said.

"Pleased to meet you," Sue said. She was a little confused and the woman's undisguised admiration made her feel very self-conscious. Beth was breathtakingly beautiful and seemed to have the same ability to make her feel nervous as Christa did on occasion. It was something in the demeanor, some kind of powerful self-confidence that put her out of sorts.

"Beth owns the place," Christa said when the silence became awkward.

"It's very nice, I love the name," Sue said, almost too quickly. Beth seemed to be amused by her discomfort, but smiled reassuringly.

"Thank you, when I opened it was appropriate, but I shave now. Still, it beats the bald pussy doesn't it?" she said with a smile. Sue blushed crimson as she suddenly realized the triangle on the clubs logo looked just like a woman's pubic triangle. Christa chuckled then moved a little closer to Sue. Before she could say anything a table was overturned and all three turned to see two women in a fistfight. A tall brunette was mercilessly beating small oriental girl.

Sue had seen a few of the "cat fight" variety fights in her life. Hair pulling, scratching, maybe a little biting, but she had never seen anything like this. The taller woman was screaming, cursing and beating the smaller girl bloody. With a vicious motion she ripped the smaller girl's top open, exposing small firm breasts in a lacy green bra. There was a circle of women around them, urging them on. Sue was a little upset to hear bets being made on who would win.

The small girl only hit back weakly and soon curled up on the floor. The taller girl stood and aimed a kick at her head, but two large women Sue assumed were bouncers because they wore black satin jackets with the club's logo on back, grabbed the tall girl and dragged her, still screaming from the club. Another big woman in a black jacket with the club's logo on back looked questioningly at Beth.

"Her too," Beth said. The big woman dragged the smaller girl to her feet and was trying to push her to the door.

"You can't throw her out like that," Sue said. The whole place got quiet and everyone was suddenly staring at her. She felt very uncomfortable, but refused to back down, it was freezing out and the poor girl was obviously injured. Beth nodded towards the back room almost imperceptibly and the bouncer steered the reeling girl that way. Sue followed them into a nicely appointed inner office. The bouncer half carried and half dragged the girl to a leather sofa and allowed her to collapse on it. Sue knelt and examined her face.

"Can someone get me some hot water and a washcloth?" she asked. Beth nodded to the bouncer again. Sue noticed that Christa was leaning on a big desk with a satisfied little smile, but she didn't have time to wonder about it. She used a tissue from her purse to try and staunch the bleeding from a cut over the girl's right eye. When the bouncer returned Sue used the warm water and bar towel to clean the girl up as best she could. The girl winced several times, but her soft brown eyes showed appreciation for the care. When Sue was done the girl sat up and tried to pull her ruined top together.

"You know the rules, Emilitta," Beth said in a not unkind vice.

"Opo, I shall not return, but I did not go after her woman," the small woman said.

"Of course you didn't," Beth said.

"Thank you," the girl said and hugged Sue. Her small breasts pressed into Sue's and she found herself enjoying the sensation. The girl rose and exited.

"Is she really not allowed to come back?" Sue asked after she was gone. Bethany chuckled.

"Emilitta is a regular my dear, as is her attacker. We have very strict rules here about fighting, doing drugs or causing a scene. The rules are strict, but banishment for life isn't among the punishments. I'm tough, but not that draconian, at least not yet. She simply meant she wouldn't try to come back tonight, which is against the rules if you are evicted for any reason. This club is frequented by a large number of women who do not wish their lifestyle to become a matter of public record, thus we do everything possible to ensure the police are never called here. Now, you obviously need to wash up, there's a private bathroom through the door behind my desk," Beth said and pointed towards a door. Sue nodded went to wash the blood from her hands. As soon as she was out of earshot Beth turned on Christa.

"No wonder you didn't tell me what she looked like, where on earth did you find such hot piece of ass? And a real sweetie too,"

"Ain't she?"

"Sweet enough to care for someone she doesn't even know, strong enough to voice her concern, gentle enough to help and yet…Sexy enough to have me wondering what she's like in the sack," Bethany said. She smiled like a Cheshire cat when anger flashed across her friend's features.

"I bet those long legs would feel nice wrapped around my waist," she continued, watching her best friend get madder. Bethany wasn't just picking at Christa for fun; she was trying to get a feel for just how deeply her friend had fallen. She had watched Christa self-destruct after Lexi left her and much like Trina, she had agonized over what to do or if she should do anything at all. Unlike Trina, Bethany had seen it close up and on a nearly daily basis. The way Christa was reacting now confirmed her worst fears. It was obvious to her that her little friend was head over heels for the pretty blonde.

"Is she as good a fuck as she looks?"

"Lay off, Beth,"

"Oooh, a little touchy aren't we?"

"Fuck off," Christa said, but smiled despite herself. Beth laughed and hugged her friend.

"So how is your plan working?"

"I don't know. Sometimes it feels like she's already mine and other times I feel like I'll never have her. She's so fucking difficult to read sometimes,"

"Different world girl,"

"What?"

"She comes from a different world. This ain't one of those hos you been picking up. She isn't going to just throw her life away and follow you cause you're good in the sack. You ain't asking her to leave a roach infested apartment to come live with you in a nice house, you are asking her to give up safety, security and a lot more,"

"So you're saying I got no chance?"

"No! Why you always taking the low road with everything I say? I'm your friend damnit. You got plenty to offer, maybe even enough for a classy woman like she seems to be, but you're gonna have to offer more than just a roll in the hay and a clean place to sleep. You're gonna have to open up and let her see all you got inside and I don't know that you're willing to do that yet,"

"Beth, I want her,"

"Want in one hand and shit in the other, see which gets full first. This ain't about what you want girlfriend, it's about what you're willing to give. It don't take nothing to want, it takes a hell of a lot to give. For over a year now I been telling you to watch yourself and not to wear your heart on your sleeve. You never listen and you let these bitches get to you. Now, I want to tell you to go for it, but I'm afraid of telling you anything, cause you're so damned stubborn you just do the exact opposite of what I say to be contrary,"

"I came here tonight so you could meet her," Christa said quietly.

"You think I don't know that? She looks about as comfortable in here as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Hell, I bet she hasn't ever been to a gay club in her sheltered little life. But she's here, with you and that shows me she trusts you. You had it right on the phone, she's a real lady. Either your taste is improving or you're finally getting out of the funk you've been in,"

"So what should I do?"

"Be yourself. If Christa Martin isn't good enough for her then she's not worth worrying about," Bethany said earnestly.

"I need help Beth, not clichés. Your bring home "good girls" all the time, what should I do?"

"Keep on doing what you're doing, be her friend, show her a good time, treat her like she's special, fuck her brains out and then hold her while she falls asleep. Just don't get too caught up in the sex. I know it was your only in with her at first and you want to keep her wanting it, but sex is only a small part of a real relationship and you want her for more than just a fuck here and there don't you?"

"Yeah, I want her for my wife. I want her in my home and in my bed. I want to spend the rest of my life with her,"

"You surprise me sometimes girlfriend. I think you really mean that and I am happy to see you are ready to quit being a player, I just wish you had found someone who wasn't already attached,"

"Now you sound like Trina," Christa said and laughed. Before Beth could reply Sue came out of the bathroom and joined them. She stood close to Christa and was very demure. Bethany actually found herself envying Christa, there was something about this woman that was incredibly sexy, but not in the in-your-face way she was used to from most of the femmes who frequented her place. Sue was distant, wistful, totally unpretentious and vulnerable. The combination made her extremely desirable.

"Well, I hope you both enjoy yourselves tonight. I'll drop in on you later, right now I need to make the rounds," Beth said. They followed her out into the club, which was quickly filling up. There were women dancing on the floor now and most of the tables were taken. Christa led Sue to one of the booths with a reserved card sitting on the table. Christa tossed the card and helped Sue sit before sliding in across from her.

Christa watched Sue while she glanced from place to place, taking in all the sights the club had to offer. There were a lot of women on the floor bumping and grinding or showing off their moves. Sue seemed to be captivated by the scene on the floor and her eyes returned there again and again. Christa was about to suggest they dance when Sue's attention seemed to shift to the tables near the back. She turned suddenly and slumped in the seat of the booth.

"What is it?" Christa asked. She looked at the tables, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"That woman in the red dress. It's Denise Crawford. She works with me!"

"So?"

"I can't let her see me here!" Sue said in a panic.

"Shhhh, relax baby. If she's here then she's gay too, what's the big deal?" Christ said reassuringly.

"But…"

"No buts, you gotta understand something Sue, this place is closet dyke heaven. You may see a lot of people you recognize and I don't mean people you know. That cute weathergirl from channel 16 is in here all the time. Councilwoman Ferrerra, Donna Chintele from the commercials, professors from Columbia, CEOs, doctors, lawyers, even politicians. Beth pays a small fortune to keep this place off the radar screen. The police never raid her and Kay out front used to work for the Times. She knows every media personality in the city and no reporter ever gets in here without Beth's personal approval. You just gotta relax baby,"

Sue nodded, but remained dubious. She was watching Christa when the small girl smiled.

"Don't look now, but your friend is coming over with her girl,"

Sue only had a moment to compose herself when she heard a voice behind her.

"Sue?"

"Hello Denise," she managed to say. Denise was one of the auditors in Sue's group. She was a thin woman and ten years older than Sue. Her once raven hair was now streaked with silver and a few crow's feet had gathered around her deep hazel eyes. They had always enjoyed a good working relationship, each impressed with the other's skill, but had never been friends. There wasn't any animosity between them; they simply had never been around each other enough to strike up a friendship as they both telecommuted.


"I thought it was you, but I kept trying to convince myself I was going crazy. You know Wilma of course, she was sure it was you,"

Wilma Teague was a cute girl of nineteen. She was compactly built, with a lithe body, brown hair and flashing green eyes. Her father was one of the larger stockholders and had secured her an internship in the auditing department while she was attending classes at Columbia. She was cute, vivacious and totally unsuited to be an auditor. Her mind was sharp, but her attention span was too short and she didn't possess the patience or attention to detail that the job demanded. Despite her shortcomings she was the most popular girl in the department, especially with the men and Sue was even more shocked to see her here than Denise. Christa stood up and slid into the seat next to Sue.

"Won't you join us?" she said. Sue blushed when she realized she hadn't introduced Christa.

"Wilma, Denise, this Christa. Christa, these are two of my co workers, Wilma Teague and Denise Crawford," "Charmed," Christa said as the pair sat across from them. Denise seemed almost as ill at ease as Sue felt, but Wilma seemed totally relaxed. Denise hesitated a moment then began to speak.

"So, I had some questions about the irregularities in marketing…"

Sue tried to listen and answer Denise's questions, but the entire thing was so surreal to her that she had trouble keeping her mind on the conversation. Before the discussion could become too involved Wilma leaned over and grabbed Denise's head. She kissed the older woman passionately. When the kiss broke Denise was blushing.

"Can't we save this shit for Monday? I'm sure Christa doesn't care and I don't either. Sue? Do you care? I didn't think so, save work for the workday, we're here to have fun,"

"All right," Denise murmured. Despite being older it was pretty obvious who was in charge in their relationship.

"Good, no more shop talk. Sue, you gonna enter the cage dancing competition?"