For The Life of You Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Blu was probably one of the few females known to man who hated shopping for clothes. She just had no patients for it. If she couldn't eyeball it and throw it in her cart she didn't buy it. Layla had a field day picking out clothes for her to try on and selecting cute bras with matching panties. Blu looked at her like she had lost her mind when Layla told her she needed to jump up and down when she was trying on the bras. "B, you've got make sure the girls are going to stay in place." She said as she shoved Blu back into the dressing room. Seriously?

She threw the bags on her bed and then sat down completely exhausted. She contemplated leaving the clothes in the bags and curling up for a nap, but she could hear Layla yelling at her to put the clothes away. She got up the strength to put all the clothes in the closet and the panties and bras in the dresser drawers. Looking at the clock she saw that it was almost 3:30 pm. She still had plenty of time to take a nap and a quick shower before heading down to The Pub. She had just pulled on her jammies and was about to crawl into the still unmade bed, when the front door bell rang. What the hell?

No one she knew ever used the front door. So that could only mean a delivery, a door to door salesman, or heaven forbid, a holy roller bible thumper trying to save her immortal soul. She made a face at the thought. She hadn't ordered anything in awhile, so that ruled out a delivery. She was tempted to ignore the door bell, but whoever was ringing it was persistent.

She opened the front door and was horrified to find a young man holding a vase filled with a baker's dozen of blood red long stemmed roses. "Happy Valentine's Day!" Blu just looked at him in disgust. "I'm sorry, you've got the wrong house." She was about to shut the door in his face, but the delivery boy stepped back and looked at the address on the house.

"One ten Clancy St. No ma'am, I've got the right house." The look Blu gave him was incredulous. "Is this some kind of joke? Who the hell would send me flowers.?" The delivery boy was hesitant, but he answered, "I don't know ma'am, but these are getting kind of heavy. Do you want me to take them back to the store?"

Blu shook her head and took the vase from him. "No, it's probably one of my twisted friends trying to be funny, knowing how much I love flowers and this day." She turned to go back in the house. "Hang on and I'll get your tip."

"That's some expensive joke." He replied. "Don't worry about the tip though, whoever paid for the flowers left a really nice tip." With that he jumped off the porch and ran to the van to make the rest of his deliveries.

Blu closed the front door, she held the vase away from her as if the flowers were some how poisonous as she made her way through the living room, dinning room and into the kitchen. She set the bouquet on the kitchen table. She pulled out a cigarette and lit it. She paced for a minute. Who would be sick enough to send her flowers? Layla knew better. Krista? Maybe. Blu shook her head. No, Krista was too tight with her money to send roses and these were the kind that came from some high end flower shop. She leaned against the kitchen counter, took a couple of puffs while eyeing the flowers with distaste.

James. It could only be James. Knowing his warped sense of humor, he'd take great pleasure in getting her wound up over something like sending her flowers. He was probably sitting in his office down at the club right this minute, laughing his ass off. Knowing he'd royally pissed her off. Her thick lips puckered and she ground her teeth. "Pay backs are a bitch, James," she muttered under her breath before plucking the card from the elaborate display, opened the envelope and read the note inside.

Missing you. I should be back Wednesday.

Then we can celebrate this special night for real.

~Gerald~

She let out a small groan and her shoulders sagged. Oh dear, she was in trouble.