All Comments on 'For Want of a Child'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
skywriterxxxskywriterxxxover 20 years ago
wonderful - simply wonderful!

ronde has proven once again to be the master of all romance writers. It doesn't get any better than this.

Great theme, well put together and nicely written.

Thank you, ronde, for sharing your thoughts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful story

When romances are mentioned my mind always returns to Ronde...Laura's Vineyard, The Mystery of the Mountain, The Best Christmas Ever, and more. Such wonderful expressions of real, honest, loving deserve top rankings!

Thank you Ronde, for often saying what I can't find words to say to my own lover. I hope you don't mind my borrowing words and ideas from you and your stories, but doing so has brought us a lot closer together than I ever hoped.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Wonderfull writting !!!!!!!

You are the standard that I judge other authors at Literotica, I give a lot or 2's and 3's after I discovered your work. Please keep thrilling us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Nice!

Very nice. Sexy, but not x-rated. A wonderful read. Don't stop now...

rgraham666rgraham666almost 19 years ago
You never disappoint

As always, very nicely done.

SalamisSalamisalmost 19 years ago
Simply Wonderful

I read this story the first time years ago. I've re-read it a few times since, and every subsequent reading gives it more texture...more fulness. Thanks.

empressofrussiaempressofrussiaover 18 years ago
OMG!!!

That is an absolutely beautiful story. They don't come better than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
JUST GREAT!

im partially like angela,and to be honest id love to have a child of my own and forget about the sperm donor.:) looking forward to it, maybe ten years more till im ready:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent story

Thanks for this story. It was very nicely written, and it felt very realistic. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
So touching

It made my cry at the end and I'm a guy...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I liked this up to a point...

I've noticed that a number of writers think they have to tell the future of their characters. I'm disappointed to see that you are one of them. The future is a fantasy that we make up to give our lives meaning and purpose. It is true that there is a lot of commonality, but just as our lives and stream of consciousness is unique, so is our fantasy of the future.

<P>

I think it is good that we don't know our future, if we did we would fall into two large groups and two other small groups. The first large group would become insufferable asses. The second large group would kill themselves to avoid the coming pain (they might decide to take some of the first group with them).The first small group would attempt to avoid flaunting their good fortune in the face of others. The second small group would doggedly live out their misery either in stubbornness or in the hope that their destiny might change. Oh, there would be many other smaller groups. Individually they would be statistically insignificant, but as a collection they might rival the size of one of the larger individual large groups.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

<P>

Sorry, I digressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Oh, come on Anon below

Learn to wallow in romantic fantasy. That's why we read these stories, to get away from everyday life and just for a short time take a stroll in fantasy lane. Don't take this story so seriously, pretend to be where there is sunshine, hope and love. What else is there. Author I liked this story and I like your style of writing. Thank you kindly for the stroll. ML

rosamundirosamundialmost 14 years ago
Loved the characters!

Your writing is excellent, you developed satisfyingly complex characters and an engaging, moving plot. You pulled off what could have been a cloying ending with simplicity and sweetness as well. A 5 if I've ever read one.

GualterioGualterioover 12 years ago
Sooo good!

Wow! This was great! You ara an excellent author. I loved the angel twist at the end. I sure wish you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a beautiful, beautiful story

but why did she have to deceive him about being on the pill and then running off - but he was a fool not to go after her and only by office gossip did he find out she had the baby but had denied him the joy of knowing about it and being there for her - I will never understand why women do this - thankfully he went looking for her and they got together just as it was meant for them to be.....a great story - loved it....

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
why?

Why? Because.... That's the only true answer.

People, us, you and I, we all do stupid things to ourselves and others throughout our lives. And for no better reason or rational then 'because'.

From a male perspective, the reason for Angela's actions, as written by the author for her character, may seem incomprehensible. But try to consider it from a woman's perspective. That males are basically unreliable shlemiel's who clumsily spills his soup all over the female shlimazl.

Another way to consider this. A man looks into a mirror and no matter the grotesquity that reflects back, the man will encourage himself as to how masculine and sexy and handsome that roguish devil is looking back.

A woman will look into the same mirror and no matter how gorgeous and beautiful the reflection, they will nit pick it to death. Criticizing each perceived flaw until thy have thoroughly depressed themselves practically to the point of suicide.

Alaska84Alaska84almost 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I hope you get to read this.

I read your "Laura's Vinyard some time ago and really enjoyed it. One writer wrote that you get notified if somebody responds.

I kept your pen name in my favorites folder and now and then read - and always enjoy - one of your stories.

I hope the reason you have not published anything on LIT is that you have found somewhere to publish your output commercially.

Thank you for having shared your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Becky

Getting Becky in at the end was a very nice move. Another good one R. Thank you. Jim in Ab

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ohhh man!!!

You rotten......... I have tears, what a sweet sweet story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
suprised here

Your title seems to have little to do with the story. Well, maybe in a way but it could have been closer. I really like this. You totally blindsided me with the baby angel at the end. I think Harry and Angela's courtship goes through more realistic troubles than those perfect ones usually portrayed. I know mine wasn't perfect. I pissed her off, left her, groveled on my knees so she'd take me back, and I almost believe that I wrecked her car so she'd pay attention to me. And this before we got married. Yeah, Harry's a clutz, but Angela is a little manipulative too. Having his baby and not telling him is not quite right. If she didn't have a cousin that talked too much they'd never have made it. Go figure! But I still like Laura's Vinyard better.

BestreadingBestreadingover 8 years ago
Wonderful read!

Excellent! Comfortable read, engaging, and satisfying ending. Keep up the good works. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story aout love

I really liked the story. The beginning was OK but the way the story progressed and ended were both very nice.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqriover 8 years ago
Super!

Why is there only 5 stars? This one ended wonderfully and is one of the few on the site deserving of more than five stars!

Wonderful story line and engaging reading! I was not expecting the ending!

Great job!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 8 years ago
Great

I loved this story!

lowkeyonelowkeyoneabout 7 years ago
WOW

Yes, a fantastic story and a great ending. Thanks.

OverJackOverJackover 6 years ago
Again

I just read your story again and continue to enjoy. You have a gift for storytelling. Keep up the well played effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
crying time

I really should not keep reading these stories, my tissue stock is being rapidly depleted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lovely

A wonderful story where two people with limited abilities to meet their own needs find each other in what turns out to be a magical way.

Well-worth reading! ~ 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well Well Well 5 stars

Hey I really liked that! So very good. Very Sweet story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely

What a lovely little story. Nicely written & again, a happy ending. Must be getting soft in my dotage. Sex, love & silk pajamas. Who could ask for more ?

Well I could by wishing that more authors wrote like this instead of the doom, gloom, maniacal, man hating sadistic women and the pink beribboned, masochistic sissies that normally populate these pages. Thanks.

royleroyleover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Great writing. such a sweet story..made me cry....baby angels do that to me

rightbankrightbankover 4 years ago
Super sweet

Thanks

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Great!!

ronde, ronde, ronde, Oh where did you go? Your stories are out of this world good. The last paragraph really put this tale over the moon. Thanks

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

Superb ending. Loved the story. Please write more!

ZdenoZdenoover 3 years ago
Great story

Thanks, it's fantastic story, very nice reading.

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Very nice! I wish this author was still active.

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Great story, really tugs at the heart.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Great, heart warming story. I didn't catch on to Angela's "Angel" narrating the ending part for a while, but really good touch

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

Very well crafted. Good to see a new perspective, glad you avoided the same old tired framework. Keep thinking and writing if you can

HaroJohn710HaroJohn710about 1 year ago

I caught the first "they' in the last paragraph, thought it was a wierd mistake. Even though I could kind of see it coming, the ending still hit me in the feels. Good work.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 1 year ago

Nice story, didn't really need the Baby Angel bit at the end.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 1 year ago

Whew. The baby angel brought a tear to my eyes. Thanks.

DevDoc69DevDoc69about 1 year ago

Excellent story!

boundbellydancerboundbellydancerabout 1 year ago

This was beautifully written. I almost cried at the end! Very well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story ruined by the last four sentences.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You did full justice to Becky. Thank you.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo12 months ago

A very satisfying and rather unusual ending to a love story of two people with incomplete lives, one marrrd by tragedy, the other by an apparent lack of understanding of what he truly needs, much less how to attain it. Apparently I've read it before and graded it a 5, though I don't remember doing so. I see no reason now to change it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I disagre to the last 4 sentence to ruin the story, they give hope to all the parents who lost babys !

Yesterday i have been at the cementery to visit a long gone friend ,there was a grave decorated for the 6th birthday a few days ago. Don't you think it's comforting to belive they are angels?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sweet and touching! Loved it!

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Kind of silly and saccharine, but a pretty good read. The ending was in keeping with the tone of the story so I just ignored the nonsense of baby angels and left with the feel-good imagery of two people who have been unlucky in love, but have now found a haven together. Isn't that what this was all about? 4*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sweet love story with Becky as cupid.

Thanks for brightening my day ronde.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Ten years later - 5.0*

Magic_CapMagic_Cap8 months ago

I don't think it's that simple.

For my liking, the description of the respective inner emotional state and the resulting conversations should have been a bit more detailed and extensive!

So something is simply missing : Although all elements are there, the story does not feel "well-rounded" - a bit too factual, almost a bit "technical".

Nevertheless 4/5 stars !

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars! Angela needed a real husband and Harry needed a wife.That loving husband gave his loving wife 2 babies. True love and beautiful family!! Besides, if Angela really loves her husband, she may give him even more babies!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A beautiful story with a surprise narrator.

I happen to enjoy your themes a bit better than incest and polyamory, or cheating and BTB.

It feels more hopeful.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Beautiful story of love! I am so glad Harry got Angela back, and I love their descriptions! Harry's manly hairy chest is so inviting! Good for them!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a lovely couple! They fit so well together because their care and respect develops into love. Love Harry's description -- the hairy chest that caresses her breasts, her loving hand caressing is hairy chest! Great story!

LeFrog08LeFrog086 months ago

I liked this, a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

WONDERFUL!! 10 stars aren't even close. A match made in heaven!

msocaltimemsocaltime4 months ago

A thoughtful beautifully written story, especially the ending. Angel Babies helping Moma along, finding a new daddy for the next baby... Love it...

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

I've just read this charming early work of yours. And I have found the first literal mistake in some 38 stories of yours thst I have read. To whit: Page 2; second paragraph. Thr eord is spelled

'casual'

Richard1940Richard1940about 1 month ago

Well, I did not see that coming! Another exceptional story. Thank you very much . 5* again.

I find it quite amusing that Peapod41 (below) has the temerity to criticise your typing in a story of that length when he cannot produce a criticism containing only 38 words without inflicting 3 separate spelling errors upon his readers.

AZPete1951AZPete1951about 1 month ago

What a wonderful surprise ending to a great story. Two people with problems who come together and complete each other. And then the surprise ending that is very unexpected yet so joy filled. Amazing story. TEN STARS!!!

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars! The "Plain Jane" lady found her real husband, after giving birth to Harriet, then he gave his wife a son. They will be OK, Becky's watching over them...

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

We are so touched and moved by your forever love story. We had a couple of misty moments when two lost hearts come together as one, then two, and…….

Just a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ doesn’t do much he rating me his deserves.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2366 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories