All Comments on 'Found Ch. 07'

by cowboi

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
canndcanndover 12 years ago

Glad to see another chapter. I'm hoping in the next chapter calen and lucas have some time alone together. Maybe also put the fact that they are gay out there. I think it would be good for him to find out from Natalie what he likes to do, that way he may open up more and not just have an awkward conversation. I'd like to see them make more of a connection soon. I'm wondering how you're going to get Calen to trust again without making it take too long for them to start building a relationship.

I am hoping Grant doesn't cause trouble. I don't trust him. I hope he doesn't end up trying to take Calen or mate him before Lucas does. I don't think Calen is his mate. I think he has a strong attraction to him and combined with the other draws that seemed to be ahead of love for him, he is convincing himself they are mates.

I might suggest getting a beta reader if you have an editor already just to catch some small mistakes that slip through. Keep writing and hope to see another chapter soon.

mrpervy46mrpervy46over 12 years ago
Great Story

I want to say thank you first for writing it. I know with things like school, work, and generally life. Keeping up this as well is not easy. I am a big supporter of authors rights, so, thank you again and I'll support anything yo do. Great story, and I look forward to the next, chapter.

fukmi_allnitefukmi_allniteover 12 years ago

I thought you had forgotten all about us. Thank you for coming back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Yeppeee!!!

cowboicowboiover 12 years agoAuthor

thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry it took me so long. I moved to another city (originally from south Texas and moved to North Texas) and I started culinary school too. So needless to say life got in the way. But Im starting to feel the bug again to write

thank you all for sticking by me all this time! It is very appreciated

xSpiral82xSpiral82over 12 years ago
Thanks for coming back!

This is great by the way... can't wait to find out more (: Keep up the good work!

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
Positive Critical Feedback

Well, I'm new to your story and very glad that I've found it. I love Lucas & Calen together and hope that you'll finish the story so that I (very selfish I know) get to enjoy a Happy Ending!

Now, I would like to give you some constructive and appreciative feedback YES, it is possible dear Literotica Commentators to DO BOTH. I'm going to spend my time here b/c sometimes new/first-time, serious writers get writer's block and can't identify it, figure out why they have it or how to solve it. Most times writer's block is a signal that you've backed yourself into a corner or that you, yourself, subconsciously don't like the direction of the story (or even some of the characters). Great leaps in time are sometimes red flags for this problem.

So far, I've seen many things that overwhelm me as a reader and perhaps are overwhelming for you the writer to manage. Let's look at the relationships and conflicts you've setup in the first 7 chapters.

Calen-Natalie

Calen-Natalie-Natalie's family

Calen-Pa-Ma-mysterious other siblings

Braydon-Pack on Crack

Braydon-every other wolf pack (?)

Martin-Melania-William-Grant

Conflicts over "mates"

Natalie-Mitch-Miggy

Calen-Natalie-William-Miggy

Martin-Tim-?

Melania-Marko

Lisa-Martin-old and new staff at realty

Calen- badex #1-badex #2-badex #3

Calen-longing for countryside

Calen's depression-inability to trust

Reappearance of Braydon & questionable/believeability of his roaming about several territories turning & eating humans unchecked

Is Braydon necessary to the evolution of the story? If so, will we experience (be a witness to) his evildoings or just hear gossip about them.

Calen-family drama-360 degree turnaround in familial relationships

I could go on but anyone should be able to admit that all of these are currently going on in your story.

Oftentimes simply distinguishing the "guts" of your story can focus your concentration of creating a viable story/plotline that aims the development of your characters along a path that had previously been hidden from you.

With all of that, I've consistently given you 4 or 5 stars simply for the beauty of what Calen & Lex started in chapter 1. Very transparently, it is my hope that they once again become the focus of "Found." For Pete's sake, why can't Lex show up as a stray or something??????

There was a great news story some time ago, Animal Planet went and interviewed the family, about a dog (Husky or German Shepherd) that shoplifted. Every Xmas he got a great chewy bone and that Xmas he didn't get one. He was a well-known fence jumper so when he disappeared for a while the family didn't worry. (Once they said he came home w/a live chicken.) Well, he decided to go get his own bone so he walked 8 miles through the snow to a large grocery store where he selected the bone he wanted right off the shelf and left (without paying).

The tv news aired the security footage over and over hoping that the dog could be identified. The best part of the story is that it was a grocery store the family had never shopped at. ALL TO SAY that dogs are wicked smart so who's to say that Lex couldn't sniff Calen out. The dog thief had to work out a multi-step Operation Santa Forgot Me Plan. It's scary to think that research has proved dogs are smarter than 4/5 year old HUMANS.

Finally, "Found" has so far been a story revealed in short chapters (chapter lengths are unimportant to me) clogged up with multiple characters, multiple character descriptions, and multiple character motivations.

It is to be hoped that at least one little thing may help you on your path to con't/completing "Found". I've enjoyed it so far.

I know dozens of Chefs. They are fabulous & generous people. I'm out here in the Bay Area where Alice Waters, French Laundry and a few others reign supreme. Keep your knives sharp or invest in a digital weigh machine if doing dessert/pastry.

Bon Chance with the Culinary Arts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It's about time

You got back to Lucas and Calen. They are the cutest.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 12 years ago
Next!!

Love it and can't wait to read the next installment

mrtdustmrtdustover 12 years ago
cant wait to read the next chapter

cant wait to see what happens next and wounder what that smell calen keep smelling and cant put his finger on

mysealtheeclipsemysealtheeclipsealmost 12 years ago
Looking Foward

You have me on edge wanting to know the rest, please continue this story....

Deamon Child

my seal, the eclipse...

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Hey Dinky if you find chapter 3 of this series frustrating, just wait till you get to this part :-) Because the relationship still has not progressed, and now there are no more chapters, though readers have been begging for cowboi to get on with it for six months.

YsliiYsliialmost 12 years ago

creo q coindido con todo el mundo aqui..... mas!!

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
Third time read

I love this story and am so disappointed that there still is no update. I hope all is well cowboi but please you were getting right into it....

sonny918sonny918about 11 years ago
Up in the air

It's at times like this that I wish stories could not be submitted until they're completed. The time and interest you invest goes to naught. I was so enjoying the tale.

Gayobsessedgirl_1Gayobsessedgirl_1about 11 years ago
Please

Continue please!!! I want to see how it continues!!

katofpreykatofpreyalmost 11 years ago
Once again

another story never to be completed : (

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Stop complaing he might be DEAD

Or blind or crippled or depressed or be prgnant.have mercy.we will find someone to finish it.lit should put thst rule after 2 yrs should be continued by a willing member

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
continue!

Jeez. Someone pick up where this person left off.

PaleAngel_90PaleAngel_90over 10 years ago
Wonderful Story,can´t wait to read more

Please tell me that you´ll continue this story,i love it,i can´t wait to read more,keep up the good work!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hmmm...

I guess its a good thing we don't use this site to actually read a completed story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
really?!

Yet another good story goes unfinished.. so disappointing. Would have liked to see this one all the way out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
HEY !

GET OFF THE KIDS BACK ! HE SAID HE HAD 10 CHAPTERS AND WAS WORKING ON MORE ! GIVE HIM A CHANCE HE'S STILL WORKING HIS WAY THROUGH LEARNING ABOUT THE CONTEXT OF A GOOD STORY. THOUGH HE DOES NEED TO USE THE PREFIX'S, SUFFIX'S, AND PRONOUNS IN THE RIGHT WAY. A GOOD PROOF READER AND EDITOR AND ENGLISH REFRESHER COURSE WILL HELP WITH THAT THOUGH. HE IS MAKING PROGRESS ABOUT GETTING BETTER WITH HIS PLOTS AND FOLLOW UP STORY LINES. ALL IN ALL HE IS STILL LEARNING AS WE ALL ARE AS WE WRITE. NEW WORDS ARE GETTING ADDED TO THE DICTIONARY ALMOST EVERY DAY. BASICALLY WORK ON YOUR GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION, AND WORD USAGE AND KEEP LEARNING NEW WRITING TECHNIQUES TO MAKE YOURSELF A BETTER AUTHOR FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR READERS. GETTING THERE ! GOOD JOB !

MalecManiacMalecManiacabout 9 years ago

I don't mind the errors in spelling or whatever. It's about the contents of the story. I love it. If finished this could be one of the best werewolve stories on this site. So please, keep writing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great work! Awesome concept.

The story content is very good.

Here's a few observations and tips.

This feels like i am reading a first draft. There are many repeats of concepts and phrases where a second draft would have smoothed them out. There are also contradictions (ie. oldest pack member is alpha yet in previous chapter called in elders to resolve dispute) and not following logic sequences through properly (the argument between the two imprinting lycans over who gets calen - there were many more aspects of that issue to be explored like what calen might want or what future a city lawyer can offer calen etc and having the playboy lawyer act as a catalist for digging into calens past and getting him to open up about so luke can adress those issues and progress into building trust between them. If you want the laywer to be the bad cop of the relationship triangle play that angle or get some characters behind him to back him up or play on the lone wolf side of things.

See the vast possibilities of your scenario and have fun with it!

A good editor. Doing second & third drafts by yourself. Rereading your own work.

Having a concept is good. Comunicating it clearly makes all the difference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Nice story, but you need an editor:

Not should OF, should HAVE.

I have seen the man . . .

I should have seen the man . . .

I would have seen the man . . .

Take the should/could/would out and ask yourself, does "I OF seen the man" make any sense? No. HAVE.

"It's not an uncommon ordeal. It is very rare, but not uncommon."

"Not uncommon" means "common". It cannot be both "very rare" and "common".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why?!?

Continue please!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don't buy it

Grant said he recognized Calen as his mate because he smelled sweet? It's already been established that a wolf in this story can smell sweet scents on people who are not their actual mates, and the real deal smells like a specific something, not just vaguely sweet.

How does Grant not know this? Why isn't the knowledge of the wolf's motivations not brought into the discussion when they're talking to Grant and Luke? Just, grrr

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what a shame.

I find it so sad, that a great writer did not get to finish this story. I hope that cowboi is ok and nothing tragic happened in his/her life. This story had such great potential.

simonjessex@hotmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This keeps happening! I really get into a story and then? NOTHING. Like the other person said, I hope nothing happened to the writer. Would have loved to read this in its entirety. Great read. Funny too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Found Ch. 06 Previous Part
Found Series Info