All Comments on 'Galveston'

by SMFlint2021

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Baldy74Baldy744 months ago

Was brilliantly written, heartwarming and funny. But I had to drop the score because the ending just left me feeling sad, the chance of true happiness lost!

Obviously I would love a part 2 where she takes a chance on life and visits him in England, I can only hope.

JH4FunJH4Fun4 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am glad I read this one. I don’t always read the romance category tales. I am glad I have you in my favorites. There are a couple of writers/authors that I have in my favorites that are producing romance tales. These have been eye opening considering what they normally produce is novelle or Sci-Fi. While I always considered them outstanding authors, I never considered them to produce romance.

I am not adverse to romance writing it is just something that I would not seek out. Yes, I set down and watch rom/coms with my wife on Hallmark and Great American Family. After reading this production from you I am hoping that your FTDS. I am pretty confident you will because you have the knack that all good authors do. That is place just enough into the first to set the hook and then reel in the consumer to allow them to enjoy the next segment of the tale.

That is the reason you are in my list of favorites. This one earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am look forward to your future productions.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

des911des9114 months ago

Lovely story, well written. A bittersweet ending, or is there a sequel? I would love to read a sequel...

Thank you

blue66blue664 months ago

Beautiful story enjoyed every minute of reading it. I loved the imagery of tina. I also would love another chapter wherever it goes. 5 🌟

OldHistoryGuyOldHistoryGuy4 months ago

Well done. Good writing, likable characters, and warm story. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I absolutely demand a second part to this story!, am fully invested in Capt. Theodore and Mrs Miller along with her children. They need to be together, please make it happen. Many thanks.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood4 months ago

Well written story. Hoping there is a possible sequel or two.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story, definitely need to continue since there so many ways this could go. Do the girls have a chance to meet the Alpacas and Cassie can enjoy life again after Jake. Ted can be the positive in Cassie’s son so he can move forward in life and understand the pride his father gave in serving his country even though he lost his life.

JerryDancerJerryDancer4 months ago

So sweet & tender! Loved it

RFFASTRFFAST4 months ago

Wonderful story.

I'm adding your line: "I call them aerial shoes." She looked puzzled. "They always get a good reception when pointed in the air." They will make a great addition to my seemingly offhand remarks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, just wonderful. As an old fart, ( just old, not brain dead ), I was super pleased about the music location list. I figured out that I 'did' Luckenbach Texas (willy and walon), bunch of lightfoot - alberta bound, railroad trilogy, Gaspe, , Guess who - Running back to Saskatoon to say nothing of Sweet Home Chicago. Wieliczka

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Delightful story! I wish it had ended differently.

5

AnnaValley11AnnaValley114 months ago

An excellent tale - thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure what to score this. So many homonymic spelling errors that jar the flow while reading. It's crying out for at least a sequel. The character development is done really well for the length of the piece, and the story flows well.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Tremendous story! It's refreshing to read a non-Hallmark ending to what seemed to be a most promising romance. Life does not always, or even predominately, turn out the way one might wish. Still, a hormone fueled rush in the middle stages of life is not a gift to be sneezed at. 5 stars and thank you for sharing your talent.

justpassingthru2justpassingthru24 months ago

Superb story. Loved it! Thank you.

DadieODadieO4 months ago

Great part one its begging for a part two. Come on finish it in Hallmark style.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Utterly charming. Looking forward to the next chapter!

reader1000reader10004 months ago

Wet strong. Excellent backstories for both. Strong sense of place. I will be in Galveston in April and look forward to seeing what you described. Beware of SpellCheck which gives you the wrong word spelled correctly. Alpacas have fur, not for, and Ray Ban is a sunglass brand. Real human proofreading, preferably by someone other than the author, is really best. But you are a very good writer and I eagerly await a sequel to this brief story. I also wonder if you are writing a series set in each of the bucket list locales. But the same level of activity in each would seem hard to believe or relate to, plus that might diminish the connection shown in this one by turning it into just the first of a series of meaningless hookups. Tread carefully.

EgregiousEgregious4 months ago

Great story thanks for sharing. I hope there is more?

olddave51olddave512 months ago

I hope there is a part two, this is a great start.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 2 months ago

I loved this well crafted story and especially the way they got together with the help of the kids. He seems the natural good hearted stranger and she seems the over stressed mom that needs a break. My only thought is like the others here, “ will there be a Part 2 or more?”I’ve got this in my favorites so I wont miss it when it comes out. And, yes I’ve added to my Favorites to read the rest of your work. 🙏 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSMFlint2021@SMFlint2021
I write stories with sex in them, not sex stories. The difference? In my stories, you understand the people and what's at stake for them before the action starts. There are also consequences to what they do. I think that makes for a more realistic, engaging story. It may be a ...