All Comments on 'Genie Chronicles - Gemini Ch. 07'

by BarbarianLover

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hi,

another great chapter of this story. I really like the similarities, but also the differences to the original genie chronicles, like the valkuress and other mythologic beeings involved.

You're writing very vivid and in detail, which makes me wonder what may happen to the three lovebirds and makes me feel with them.

Please continue this story, i cant wait for another chapter :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

what can i say except giving you a 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Your genies seem to be much easier prey if they can be caught and killed so easily without being able to move any where they want but it makes for more interesting that they cant simply move any where they want and do vastly more to protect them self's. Loving it so far, i hope we get the cliche happy ending and all 3 are not harmed or injured :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Hi I don't have a lit profile so this is anonymous, If the writer wants to discuss it more I will send him a message with my email.

First off I do like your writing and the story but when I read the comments under the title I almost didn't even read this chapter. Not really a fan of death. It ironic that people find happy ever after boring. Have you ever heard about a fairy tale that continues after they lived happily ever after? They stop there because people don't want to hear that part, it is boring. They want drama and heart ache and pain.

I read an other story where a djin also died and felt the same about it. Here is this being with almost unlimited power, can grant almost any wish as long as it is sexual if it a sex djin but their restrictions are even less when it comes to the protections of their master/mistress and this is the pathetic attempt the djin put up and how easily they are killed?

500 year old and he doesn't know he gives a magical tracking 'sent' and he can't do something to hide it? And where the demon starts transform because no more people around.....djin can't use more of his magic also? Can't put up barriers to stop it? Can't magic a motorcycle for them or a magic carpet? Anything they did in there they could have explained as a movie being shot and special effects. The djin can make movies stars and people appear as fantasy which seem pretty real when they want a porn star to have sex with. Why can't he summon a team of army black ops or pack of wolfs or tigers or lions something like that? If they can even summon things from movies why not just summon the Hulk or a T-Rex? Also aren't djin like actually some sort of energy? they start out as a gas form and take on the form of the master/mistress perfect partner....so can't they go back to that form? how would the demon sink fangs and claws into a gas? And also the other being that are slowly making their way to earth....can transport the woman to john but that is all they are capable of?

Sorry it is just pathetic to me how the djin seem to be powerless. Only ting that is positive for me about this chapter is that it wasn't one of the twins that dies.

TheLordWinterTheLordWinterover 10 years ago
Cut the guy some slack...

This is likely his first story, so don't expect a perfectly designed plot or glamorously written scenes. Aside from that, I think it's pretty obvious that sex genies do NOT have near unlimited power. Oh, they're strong, that much is certain, but even in the REAL legends and myths, djinn are not immortal and CAN be killed by humans, other djinn, demons, angels, and divine beings.

I, for one, can't wait for more chapters of the story so that I can find out how he further ties the Norse elements in with the djinn.

Good job, BarbarianLover.

BarbarianLoverBarbarianLoverover 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 8 and some responses

Hi, thanks for the comments, all constructive criticism is welcome.

Firstly I just uploaded chapter 8, it's a weird one but it's doing two things at once, it's preparing to wind down the story line about Zarakynal and setting something up that's going to run through the next two story lines, I hope you enjoy it. It also has some explanations about the demon and djinn to establish how the former hunts and some of the restrictions on the latter.

Secondly the discussion of how djinn connect with the norse is going to be touched on a few times throughout the coming stories but I'm not yet planning it as a major focus point, but I will see about piecing it together over a few stories.

Thanks for all the comments and thank you for keeping reading.

OnyxShadowOnyxShadowover 10 years ago
Where do I start?

First of all, I feel like this story just got MUCH larger in scope...and very unexpectedly. The previous chapters gave no indication of this kind of scale or some of the new themes that have been introduced. That felt fairly jarring through most of this chapter. Also, it was hard to be interested in so many new characters...most of which haven't even made it into the action.

Next, the tonal shifts were frustrating through most of the chapter. Constantly swapping between John's casual, sexy, fun storyline and Sara's hectic, ominous, fearful action was difficult to get my head around. Along those lines (and this is just my own preferences talking) I didn't care at all for the violent end of the djinn, Harry.

The way the stories tied into each other was handled much better and felt natural, though. I have to admit that now you've started down this path I am very interested in seeing where you take it. I've enjoyed reading this series, and even though I probably prefer the lighter and more localized tale as it was in the first six chapters I can see how that can get played out before too long without some sort of complication.

DazbootDazbootalmost 9 years ago

This has been mentioned already but the sex scenes, while already heavily saturating the word count of your story, are wholly inappropriate in the context of constantly cutting in on the life or death struggle of the 500 year old djinn/master team and their pursuer. The ratio of sex scenes between our main characters vs plot development was already grating on the nerves.

This chapter was the first time though that I found myself actually skipping your sex scenes out of frustration. That's not a position you want to put your readers in. The lack of build up to these monumental events is also grating. I would enthusiastically trade some of the multiple sex scenes in earlier chapters for some time spent getting to know some of these other characters you are introducing. As it is we have no reason to really attach ourselves to this djinn character, that's already dead, and his master. I do appreciate the new story direction though.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Dur dee dur

My names john, I'm a moron. I have genies proving the existence of magic. I'm told there are evil magical beings that want to kill me and my genies in horrific ways. Do I get more info on this? Do I ask questions about this deadly danger? Nope time for sex, sex and more sex. We care nothing for the deadly circumstances as long as I can stick my dick into something.

Your characters level of stupidity makes this less believable than sex genies do. Done reading this bullshit. Author needs to learn appropriateness and timing. When someone is shooting at you, you don't stop to smell the fucking roses

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oh my freaking God!

A couple of chapters ago I was bordering on giving up on this genie chronicle as it was so slow on story development. And yes I totally get a young (25 year old) man gaining two perfectly gorgeous sex genies would need to have a good deal of sex in the first day or two; and other that a larger cock and six pack abs he was slow to wish for anything much. And just as I was getting a bit bored with the 80% sex and 20% story you pull a fast one and dump a ton of magic and drama, and life and death action on me, and finally onto John and the girls, wow! This is going to be so good! Thank you!!!

tinfoilhattinfoilhat7 months ago

I like this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarbarianLover@BarbarianLover
After six years of not doing much having had various issues personal, professional, financial and so forth I am now writing again, have been for two weeks, nearly three. Genie Chronicles Gemini II is still in very early stages although I've written paragraph for that today wh...