All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 03'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments (Page 2)
LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 7 years ago
He is pathetic

What an idiot he is. Sure, he loved his ex wife. She doesn't want him! That episode of phoning her place of business and harrassing the staff should have got him a restraining order.

Yes, she was wrong re her affair but you cannot MAKE someone get back with you either as a friend or whatever, so he needs to get over her and accept the situation.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Loved

the email. My thoughts exactly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Idiotic pathetic cuckold/wimp crap!!!

Only if you are pervert or brain sick the its for you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Email

Well at least he got himself a measure of redemption in my eyes with the email. Still a cuck-winp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
JERK

Fancy having money invested Min this jerk’s business. The email was years late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No change

still a wimp!

fifteen16fifteen16over 6 years ago
Good Writing

An interesting story where everyone is dancing to Mary's tune.Poor old girl has gone a bit funny in the head, it happens at that age.

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
Bitch

What is Mary's problem? I think I would track her down and confront her no matter what at this point. Maybe try and do it when one of the kids were there. I did like the email but he is still a wuss. At this point he should not give an inch, don't dance to Mary's tune.

desertdog43desertdog43about 6 years ago
Been there

Theres no way anyone else will know the hurt and loneliness of hearing the person you THOUGHT was your life pardner say and I quote " I don't love you anymore, I've met my true love"----after 15 years together .....

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Such

a forgiving man. Brandy needs the adulterous slut more than she needs someone to walk her down the aisle? No harsh words but no more warm feelings either.

Glad he finally told his ex how he really feels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He is getting better

Finally growing some cojones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Always lots of feeling,good prose.

But the opera and simpiness of characters written as if they have some strong character and self esteem otherwise is hard to stomach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

He is even more dumb in this one

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Standard disclaimer: I have read the entire story (via Kindle, actually, not here), but I will try to keep the scope of my comments pertinent to this installment.

So Mary and Richard are no more already! What sense does that even make? We're told that their relationship failed almost immediately, shortly after Mary's divorce was finalized, even though "she was going to marry again as soon as she was legally divorced." Was she? And why didn't she? (But deep down we all know why ... we KNOW.)

On top of that, Mary has made no attempt to contact Hugh, and (worse) she silently rebuffs Hugh's attempts to contact her, even when (yes) they actually lay eyes on one another from a not-so-distant distance. Her silence is truly deafening — the author set this hook well in Part 1, and, my god, he plays that piece of intrigue for everything it's worth. That's the essence of this story: WE HAVE TO SEE IT PLAY OUT, and we are going to read on.

What I loved: The collateral damage. The faith of Hugh's very successful son, Peter, is shaken by his mother's deceit and sociopathy. If his parents' love had proven a fraud in the end, what did this say about his own ostensibly perfect marriage to his beautiful and sexy wife? It's an interesting (and sadly depressing) perspective.

What I didn't like: The non-development of Richard. Peter and Nicole (daughter of Hugh) both have met Richard, but they relate almost nothing about him. Is there any chance he's actually a decent, love-stricken guy who, having ended his own previous relationship, is also suffering in his own way? Is he smart, is he funny, is he charming? What does Mary see in him, and do others see it? We don't know! Peter and Nicole don't offer, and Hugh doesn't bother to ask. I'm not buying any of that. No way.

Still four stars, though, 'Cause y'all can see I'm an unapologetic romantic, and Daniel Q. Steel preys on people like me.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Oh, left this out ...

Another thing I love: the subtle crossovers within the North Florida universe. Brandy is marrying the unnamed Lyle, who was so horribly mistreated by Diane in Moment of Clarity. Lyle deserves to be happy, and since Brandy was raised by Hugh and Mary, she's likely to be a winner. Congrats to Kyle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Too mechanistic and contrived.

Mary the loyal loving wife is simply not the same character as Mary the slut. No woman that cruel and arrogant and soulless can be an otherwise good human being; its a ridiculous concept.

Its absurdity of the premise that's creates the tension and the drama, not the plot or the characters. The dumb shit was blind sided because he is blind. And he has no regrets being blind.

The idea that his nuclear email would go totally unseen and without response is also unbelievable. Not even a bland reply from one of the hundreds if not thousands of recipients alerting him that maybe he didn't realize who had received his poison letter?

Whatever. Thanks for the effort..

Ocker53Ocker53about 3 years ago

Why do authors on literotica feel the need to make the husband the most pathetic of human beings that they possibly can, it not good reading and it’s not believable. ⭐️⭐️

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Reading again.

Best email ever!

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

All of this drawn out shit just to get them back together in the end..sheesh Is it really that hard to write about a man who is not such a pussy???

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Why

Why no explanation as to why Mary hates him.?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

After he went off the deep end with the bizarre email, you would expect him to commit suicide to really stick it to her . . . but we're not that lucky.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I agree with another, Best email ever. The ex has no intestinal fortitude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story is great but makes no sense. Why is Nary acting like she is? The author really needs to explain her side of the story. I said in a comment to the previous chapter that the author needs to explain Mary's attitude. The way she acts is like a wife who discovered her husband was cheating on her and developed a revenge relationship with another man. The way the author wrote their relationship in the first chapter sounded like a truly loving relationship between a husband and wife. 36 years married is almost a lifetime breaking out of that needs a big reason. Only a failed marriage would look like this but that's not how the author has written it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
UGH!!!!

I couldn't take it anymore! I had to quit reading just into page 2.

This is the worst POS I've ever read!!!

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

I give up on your story.

The guy is just a complete heartless jerk.

He's so emotionally bound up inside he really hasn't got any feelings at all.

This woman Tori has got out and he wants to be friends with her hes still concerned about her and the way she beat she beat him up.

She's one cold blooded bitch and hes moping around over her.

He prides himself on being a rational man but everything is doing it's not what irrational is just plain stupids of destructive.

He is toxic to damn everybody around him uses people and couldn't care less about what he does to them.

Surprisingly as much sailor though I really Got the point right despised him even more.

The entire story is one sick interlude.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Grunts....Groans........I will finish this...............

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Hugh should have explained to his Son and DIL that he was afraid his divorce would cloud their marriage with the a shadow of what might happen to them if they weren't careful. After all, they were the "perfect" married couple for 30 years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is just pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OK I give up!!! i have an inkling as to where this is going...

I also, am beginning to feel the guy is a gigantic wimp, o rmaybe he's the pussy. sure, he's generous, solid etc. but when it comes to her, he's jello. what he should have done is taken a real intimate picture with Brittany, sent it to his ex and let it go at that. Anyway, I am letting this story go at this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This series is rotten at the core. Hatchet men are NOT nice people. NO hatchet man is anything like this mc. Portraying a hatchet man as compassionate, balanced, rational, caring, vulnerable is bullshit.

bigurnbigurnalmost 2 years ago

Wow... This has been a really depressing story, so far.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Why are some women so mean and cruel? I guess you could say the same thing about some men. But when it comes right down to it women have to power to hurt and be mean more than men do. Of course I'm just a man so what do I know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This guy is a bit of a poos…

HooHaa77HooHaa77over 1 year ago

Mary deserves everything bad that is happening to her because of her actions.

Hugh doesn't deserve everything bad that is happening to him because of Mary's actions. FINALLY Hugh stopped being a wimp cuck in this part with his email to his wife but as this seems like it's gearing towards RAAC we'll see what happens.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

A really big steaming pile of poo………worst premise ever that mc would divorce his kids over what wifey did. Expected more from this writer.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Always makes me laugh when I read the “Anonymous “ comments, why is it always the ones that don’t like something that are actually just bullying hide behind the fact that they don’t have the bottle to sign up for a site that they clearly use?.

Getting back to this story, I think it’s very good, plenty of thought going into it, lots of pain,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Magnificent emotional jag.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m one chapter into part three and if someone says “you are still in love with her“ one more time I’m done with this story. That someone could do this to you and you would still be in love with them is pathetic and incredulous at best. The constant “you’re still in love with her“ is nerve-rackingly repetitive. It must stop or l will.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have to say aomething here. When he writes to her saying that she's not the type of person to throw away her life for nothing, in fact she is. She is that type of person. It's what she did. If she was the type of person he thinks she is, she would at least give him the courtesy of giving him a divorce BEFORE fucking around on him. She really is a pathetic slut who threw away a top man for some momentary, fleeting, ephemeral sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If she cheats WITH you, she's gonna cheat ON you too. And he really made it hard for her not to at the beginning of their relationship, so basically, he deserved all she put him through. She might be a bitch, but he's an asshole and he didn't deserve any better.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

On, on, on, is this going to have a real end?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What's the point of developing such pathetic characters like the husband?

Why are there so few writers who write very well but who have the deep conviction of creating husbands with so little character?

She cheats on him.

She humiliates him.

She tells him to fuck off (for short)

And he... offers to give him all the support he needs

WTF!!!

She even humiliates him at the wedding in front of someone as important as he was to the bride!!!

What a whore!

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

Jesus she's A peice of shit and the family and friends are shit for supporting her. It have told her if she doesn't want to come stay the fuck away period. Forever. He tried, other than his email rant. She wants to turn everyone against him. Damn... Can't see his this ends with them on good terms....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a stupid slut and a god awful pathetic excuse for a human, if I was the MC (thank god I am not such a spineless wimp) I would have ensured that I used the connections talked to destroy them both, then found them and laughed

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Better to keep Mary vague and ambiguous as the author can. Giving any insight to her destroys the mystery of her galactic stupidity that she showed by dumping a 36 year marriage, to getting crapped on during her rebound relationship, and then the shame or pride that she currently shows in stopping any communication with Hugh.

This chapter wasn't so good, as it got deeper into their lives, without any resolution. This is getting to the point where it needs to start rolling up to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cause that's what friends do.

String you on and then deal a horribly damaging blow.

The most horribly damaging blow you can deal other then some kind of agonizing death.

not only that she worked to make him trust her by telling him about the phone sex.

Seriously cuckolds aren't noble no matter how well the writers prose is.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous