Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, no. The chocolate. Jesse sent me there for hot chocolate..." Her voice was slow and quiet.

At that, they heard a door open above. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Daniel moved up the stairs and moved Jo into the room. "You're not starting this with me, today. Jo needed a ride home. She earned it, so leave her alone."

Jo walked past Jesse's surprise and dropped to the sofa.

"What the hell did he do to you?"

He ignored Jesse and put his hands on Jo's shoulders. He bent down and said, "If you need me, call me. If you don't call me by Wednesday, I'm gonna come calling. You're gonna need to talk, and I need to listen."

He turned to Jesse and took her by the arm. "I better not hear one word about you harassing her about today. She stood up for herself. That should be enough. I know you sent Gary over to threaten me. I also know what you did with Jerry Carter. If Jerry ever sets foot in this apartment again, I swear to god, it'll be the last thing you do."

"I know you didn't just threaten me. Who are you to talk to me about who I see?"

"I know Terrence was at the Bans waiting for you, Thursday night. I saw him waiting there for over two hours. I also know that you and Jerry were out at the starlight pub." The indirect threat registered in her furrowed brows. He wouldn't tell Terrence, but the look on her face was worth the implication. He took one last glance at Jo and went out of the door.

*

Dan parked his car behind the shop and walked into the kitchen. His father looked up from a row of chicken drumsticks he was patting dry. By the look on his face, Daniel knew.

"He's still here," Dan hissed as he moved toward the swinging door.

"Donatelo, I didn't know. I would never have asked her to sit down, if I had known what would happen..."

He turned around, "You knew he was gonna do this?"

David moved between Daniel and the dining area. "Son, he said they knew each other when they were younger. He said she would be happy to see him..."

Dan brushed past his father with one thing in mind. 'Jerry!'

Jeremy stood up from the table and raised his hands in defense. Dan grabbed him by his collar and moved him away from where Jo's mug of hot chocolate still sat.

"I'm sorry, man," Jerry pleaded as Dan bunched his shirt up in his fists.

Dan cocked his head to the side, "You're sorry? You're sorry? For what?"

"Whatever happened, guy. For whatever happened. I know you like her, but that's no reason to get all bent out of shape."

He shoved him away and into another table. "What did you do?"

Jerry didn't respond right away. He straightened his shirt and looked down at his shoes. "What do you want me to say? We were kids. We did some things that we probably shouldn't have done. Do I know why she's all mad about it now? No."

Dan ran a hand through his hair. 'Can't think.' The need for his fist to make contact with Jerry's face was losing out to confusion. They had been friends, hadn't they? His ears were so hot. How could someone be so oblivious?

"Danny, I didn't do anything to her. You know me. I'd never hurt Joanne. Not when there're so many other finer girls out there. I mean, shit, her roommate still wants a little more. And, don't get me started about Candy..."

For the past few years, Daniel had deluded himself with the thought that Candy and Jerry hadn't been together. Dan had to make him shut up to keep up the fantasy. The easiest way seemed to be a fist to his mouth. The strike hadn't been as satisfying as he'd hoped, but Jerry leaned against the table in surprise.

Jerry straightened up, "You don't want to fight me. You're gonna be sorry."

"I'm already sorry I didn't do that sooner. You'd probably be better for it," Dan growled.

"She's just a girl..."

The next few punches went unchallenged as Dan advanced on him. "Shut UP! You don't even remember, do you?"

"Of, course," slid out of his lips as he countered with a quick elbow to Dan's ribs. "I remember!"

Dan managed to stay upright and faced Jerry with his hands ready. His chest refused to expand fully and let the much needed oxygen in. "Then why... Why would you..." 'Why would you want to set up a meeting with her?'

Jerry didn't answer his question. "Hell, she was there. I knew she had a crush on me. We both got something out of it. I figured she'd forgive me."

Danny held his ground as Jerry moved to face him. 'Forgive you?' What little air that managed to make it into his lungs hissed right back out. He remembered Jerry calling him the day after his launch party. 'I had her all on my jock... I was afraid people would hear her moaning and come back in.'

Jerry assumed the mirror image of Daniel's fighting stance and said, "You forget, I was right there in class with you. If you want me to ruin my hands because you've got it for Joanne, I'll do it. But, I don't want her coming between us. Whatever it is she told you, it's a damn lie."

12