Going Feet First Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DarkPulse
DarkPulse
1,563 Followers

"Celia, my dear, it has been too long! All grown up now, you are. It has been... fifty springs since we saw each other last? How are you my dear?"

The elven girl couldn't help but smile as the plant man patted the top of her head, answering in a sheepish voice, "I am fine. I have found one for me. A man far different than the others of this world. One who has passed the trials."

He turned to Galen again, that broad smile upon his lips getting even wider as his stone gaze inspected him head to toe, "This is him, I see. Strong, young human. Wears the colors of life with a fine eagle on his shoulder!"

Galen nervously rubbed the 101st Airborne patch on his uniform.

"I like this young man. I see his spirit. A good fighting spirit, with kindness at its core. He will do well for you, Celia," the tree man stated as he turned back to the elf.

"Thank you, Atzlar," she responded.

"What?!"

Both Celia and the tree man turned to Galen as the young soldier's jaw dropped to the floor. "Atzlar? The- the... god?!"

"That I am... what was your name again, boy?"

"Galen. Galen Martin, sir."

"Galen, Atzlar I am," he declared, planting a hand into the Private's shoulder and sweeping his other hand out to the area around him as he continued. "Lord of all Atzla forest and all who live within it."

The god gave Galen a friendly pat on the back as the young human tried to wrap his head around it all. Hearing of new gods in a new world was one thing, as every civilization has its own deities and figures of worship, but to physically meet one was something beyond comprehension. Meeting one so he may judge his relationship? He suddenly felt lightheaded. To top it all, Celia spoke with him as though he were an old friend.

"But, enough of me," the god stated, both his tone and face becoming much more serious. "Galen, you wish to take my life-giver away from my clan of forest guardians. To take her under your wing, protect her from the dangers of this world, and show her the love that she craves so much?"

"I wish to do so, sir," he answered rubbing his face to try and focus.

Atzlar nodded respectfully, his hand smacking him on the shoulder with enough force to nearly bring him to his knees.

"Good show, my boy. Know that I will keep watch over you, and my dear Celia. Also know that you are both welcome to return on the days of the solstice when the sunlight lasts longest. With that, I grant you both my blessing."

As those last words slipped his tongue, Atzlar's body broke apart when a sudden wind swept through the tree. The vines of his body unraveled into solitary strands to spread out like snakes while his bark armor went up into a cloud of smoke. All these things then rushed forward to swarm around Celia, the golden aura from her body growing brighter until Galen was forced to look away lest he go blind. Then the vines circled him as well, picking him up and wrapping him in the twister full of leaves.

Galen blinked as he and his new companion were both were held in the air and lashed with bolts of green light. Those lightning-like apparitions came at him to strike his head, chest, and then his left hand. With each impact came a rush of tingling numbness and soothing warmth that sent shivers up his back and worry through his mind as he had no clue what they were doing.

Watching this blinding apparition manipulate the couple in front of her, Tanza winced as it felt like something was ripped from her chest. Like a piece of herself had been pulled from her spirit and replaced by a cold stone dropping into her heart. At that moment she knew Celia's sisterhood connection with her clan was destroyed.

Following the final flash of light, both she and her new chosen fell to the ground as the bits and the pieces from Atzlar's body snaked back into the cauldron and sunk into its frothing waters.

Vision had not yet returned to Galen's eyes when Celia was beside him, bringing him back to his feet.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, just blinded here for a moment," he answered, rubbing his eyes as he stood up.

When he managed to get them open and focused again, he turned to Celia. He then proceeded to rub his eyes once again to make sure they were not deceived.

A green, metal brassier covered her breasts, pressing them up snug against her body and extending into a level of metal protection for the sides of her rib cages. Her hands were wrapped in dark, fingerless, leather gloves stitched with several floral designs that half-way down her forearms. Over her smooth legs were long, dark green leggings covered her legs right down into her knee-high leather boots. A bright white loincloth hung over her waist, descending right down to her shins and matching the long white cloak that now hung off her back.

"Celia," Galen began, "You're-"

"Clothed? Yes. Atzlar felt it would be less provocative in foreign lands if I wore something over myself."

"It's beautiful," he said, causing the young elf's cheeks to flush gold.

"You really think so?"

"Very much so," he answered, leaning in.

Celia didn't hesitate to draw herself up onto her tiptoes to bring her lips to his.

"You two will be off then?" Tanza broke in after giving them a moment, "I believe you may wish to seek out your friend in the Willher Village, Galen. Night will be upon us soon, and I suspect you wish to be with familiar faces."

Galen released Celia's face, much to her disappointment, and turned to face the elder. "If you could point us in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated."

"I know the way," his companion announced, "I can get us there before nightfall."

Tanza rose from her throne and circled around the room, coming to Celia and pressing a kiss on the girl's forehead before pulling her into her cleavage for a hug. "Be safe, my dear."

"I shall, elder. Thank you."

With one last squeeze the elder released Celia and turned to Galen, snapping her glowing fingers and holding her hand to the air. Appearing right from thin air came Galen's pack, combat webbing, and M14, though the rifle had significantly changed. The cloth sling had become one of vine, and a soft moss had grown over the wooden furnishings.

When she handed it over to the soldier, he bewilderedly glanced back and forth between the elder and his precious weapon. "What happened to it?"

"I saw how you wield this device, Galen. And so, I made changes. The vine that replaces your sling is incredibly strong, yet soft. It shall not dig into your shoulders as you carry it and may ease the burden of carrying so much. The moss that covers the wooden body will make it comfier to handle. But be careful, it does have a life of its own. If someone who is not your friend tries to wield it, it will bite back."

When he went to take the rifle, he immediately took a step back as the fluff of the sage green moss shifted along the wooden finish of the rifle and groaned ever-so-faintly. She merely laughed and thrust it out to him again. With a greater degree of caution, he accepted the weapon from Tanza, stroking a hand over the grip and listening to the soothing purrs in his palms. The weapon really had come alive.

"Thank you, I think," Galen said nervously, setting it down so he could put on his gear before slinging it over his shoulder.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, the leader of the clan said, "No, Galen, Thank you. Now go, there's a world out there that awaits you."

The soldier gave Tanza a respectful nod. With a final farewell to the tree elves of Atzla he turned for the exit with an eager Celia hanging off his arm.

Just as they cleared the exit of the Great Tree and wandered out of sight, another vision flashed through Tanza's mind. It took her down to a knee with both pain and terror as she clasped her hands over her pointed ears. Her breathing was unsteady and a tear quickly traced her cheek as she tried to force it away.

A third time this vision had occurred. A third time, it nearly broke her down into sobs. Fighting to maintain the secret of her clairvoyance from an outsider had never before been so difficult before but this man was different. From the moment he passed their trials, the future laid out before that warrior struck her mind like a thousand needles.

Struggling to crawl back onto her throne, Tanza curled up in her wooden seat with her sisters coming forth to comfort her during this terrible moment.

I only hope that you are ready for the path that lays ahead, Galen.

...........................

Author's note: Thank you for reading and joining me on my first tale on the world of Raska. There are more chapters and more adventures ahead so I invite you to favorite my page to keep track of any future updates. Any comments or feedback you have to offer would be greatly appreciated as I read most everything I receive.

Note: As of 17 March 2017, I am in the process of editing the first act of my story for resubmission. If you are just joining, do not mind a drop in writing quality you may encounter later as I may have not have gotten to that chapter yet.

DarkPulse
DarkPulse
1,563 Followers