All Comments on 'Golf Lessons Ch. 03'

by CeeeEsss

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
great writing but...

was there a unique point, or any point? Are there Cliff notes for this? I'm still looking for another page. Hubbie helps exwhorewife trade up? They didn't match? After much heartache and being deceived he found a match? What's that got to do with golf lessons?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting but the slut ex-wife got off to easy

again! Nevertheless, the writing style and plot lines are getting better. Hard to feel any empathy for either main characters because they were so mundane about the whole deal. Credit given the husband for sticking by the kids but he gave the slut everything she could possibly hope for and more. Kinda of dumb. Good luck on the next one.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Ok I was wrong

And I am glad for it. The wife was the worst kind of whore. For those who think he did not get enough revenge, I would point out he lives in North America. The laws here are made to fuck over men in the divorce/child custody area. The only realistic revenge is ostracism. He got that and in the end he grew a spine and resisted her only weapon, sex. For those of you who do not like the fact that her life turned out good for her, think about this. All she needed to do was spread her legs and she would be looked after. That is what whores do, so don't blame the author for writing it that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Readers killing the genre...

I can't believe the morons out there who declare a story to be well written, and then give it a zero because they disagree with elements of the plot.<br><p> Am I the only one who has noticed that the 'loving wives' genre is turning into a 'cuckold husbands' genre, because authors who write a decent story about infidelity, but stop short of having the ex bumped off, get nothing for their trouble except low scores for not accommodating some reader's exact specifications on how a cheating wife should be treated?<br><p>The authors on this site are putting up stories basically for the intangible reward of having their writing praised. It costs the readers nothing. But that is too much, I guess.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Nice Finely Detailed Story

It will really be hard to improve on the writing here. As one pointed out the story is very realistic. Shipping cheating wives off to Saudi Arabia is pure fantasy. I really wish that these people who give low grades and make painful comments about the author has a code to add to their Anon so that you would know if it was someone who was worth listening to!

Beautiful job CS thanks for posting.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
surprised he didn't wind up with a heart of stone

With having to deal with an ex-wife who is a true slut, and eventually showed her true colors, I'm surprised he could ever let himself get close to another woman, or trust one. The way his ex-wife was, would make a man think for a long time before he could enter into another relationship.I have to agree with what the he said when he asked her why she didn't sell her ass, because they could have used the money, instead of just giving her pussy away to every swinging dick in the town.It's a shame though that she didn't reveal all of the men she had. I was curious how many men she did have sex with before he even had any suspicions.Thanks for the good story....Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story, but unfortunately

the moralistic morons have read through two chapters of this and are still banging on. Do they not realise that you don't have to read everything that is presented to you, or do they enter a book shop, buy books they don't want to read, and then write scathing letters to the authors.

Part of the problem seems to be that this has become predominantly a site for fans of incest and anal, (Just look at the 'most read' listings). Therefore, anything else is perverted! I am just thankful that I was born with enough of a brain to be able to choose exactly what I read. If I enjoy it, I give a high score, if not I just move on, without bashing the author for not writing a story tailored to my likings.

I'll finish by thanking all the authors who battle on against the odds for their efforts, and for putting up with low votes from idiots who insist on reading the wrong categories.

From a slut wife fan in the UK who isn't a wimp, cuck, or any other label you want to throw. Just remember, these are only stories, not fact files!

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Great Read

Enjoyed the hell out of it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great writing, but what are we supposed to feel

There's no disagreeing with the elements of the plot. If anything, there are too many elements in the plot and author may have tried to tie them all together but I sincerely believe that before this audience, including yours truely, only the author clearly understands many of the things he's trying to get out: the old house and old family values contrasted with the younger generation and the encroaching new developments, that older generation with values were apparently the ancestors of Steph whose values were only for the moment, the husband went with a girl for a long time and married her but apparently never knew her, yet in moments took a woman, June, in his arms and understood what it was all about. All this and more apparently lingers under the surface of this "deep" story. But I am only guessing at these author, since I would need a better explanation from you, author, or CLIIF NOTES to actually see for sure the literary pictures you are trying to paint. Since you aren't Hemingway, author, and we aren't literary critics who are supposed know the all the literary clues, for instance people eating bacon in a story signifies decadence [only one I remember from Eng Lit}, please EXPLAIN the relationship between remodeling the house, old to new, and remodeling hubbies life. I'm not sure, without tying up the the diverse strands, what I see is coincidence and not your genius.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 15 years ago
Enjoyed the story, glad Paul did not wimp out.

Overall, this was a well-written, enjoyable read. I would give it 100 but there were a lot of loose ends in the plot. I would have preferred the author had wrapped them up better. For example, we are left hanging so far as Stephanie's life is concerned. Of course, her character was never really developed and a sequel could easily be written to complete that aspect of the story. I would have been interested in finding out why she did what she did -- she never really answered Paul. Obviously she felt attracted to him to some extent -- otherwise, why put out when they were already divorced? I suppose she wanted something from him (more money, maybe the satisfaction she could still pull on his heart?) and her negligee trick was simply to accomplish whatever her goals were. How many other men did she screw on the side, with Paul being the trusting, unsuspecting cuckold? It's possible that Cindy, their first child, was actually fathered by someone other than Paul; otherwise, why mention that her looks were so different from Lulu's and Troy's appearance? Despite the questions that remain (and the unlikeliness of the plot giving custody of the children to Paul, etc.), I really enjoyed the story.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 15 years ago
good realistic story

all the details added up to a realistic story

of a failing marriage. so many details that at times

i got lost in them. the box he sent her? the part

about her title as a vp? must be my stupidity,

but maybe someone can explain them to me?

thanks. and thanks for a fine story, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very Nice

While thoroughly enjoying the story I feel like part of the story is missing. That is Stephanie's story. <br><P>

What is her story? Was she always cheating? If not, what started it? Did she really regret her actions? I understand the move away, but who is the new husband? How did she get her new job? Is she just screwing the boss, or is she the company whore?<br><P>

All sorts of questions come to mind.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
In these stories dont we all say

The best revenge is living well? Good for the husband he moved on with his life. The ex-wife did aswell. Personally I wouldn't ever want to see her again. They aren't friends anymore. in fact there is no conection anymore. This is a well written story. I look forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No the best revenge isnt living well, its living

better than the other. He did well getting rid of the trash. She was a common slut and he was right she should have been charging for it. But then again in her job she was being paid for sex so there you go. The abrupt romance with June is to made up but gives support to his character and the growth of the children. Over all this is the best chapter. Refusing the exwife access after she put on her game clohes as a good stroke. Pretty well told her strike three you are out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice try

However, I feel you can do a lot better. The main problem with this story is that there's no exploration about the question why? Why did she cheat? What did she do exactly? Did she have regrets? Etc, etc... There are many interesting questions that could she light on the human condition, and you explore very few of them. As a result, it seems more like a list of events, without a heart. At one point, the husband asks some of these questions, but he doesn't get any answers so apparently that's the end of his curiosity. Isn't he more curious about his own life and why things happened as they did? If he doesn't care, then why should we? I just looked over some other comments about the story, and a number of other people brought up similar issues. Mainly, what's Stephanie's story? We finish the story with virtually zero understanding of what she did, why she did it, if she's happy with her new life, and so on. As a reader, that's unsatisfying. The best stories in this genre are the ones that explore the why and delve into the psychologies and motivations of the main characters.

thebulletthebulletover 15 years ago
a small voice of dissent

<p>Given the developments in chapter 3, I thought the story could have been wrapped up in 2 chapters. </p>

<p>As for the believability, I personally have never walked in on a half-naked woman with my children in the house and been in love with her in about 5 minutes. Not saying that it couldn't happen, just one of the more unlikely scenarios in the Lit universe. Fiction is one thing, but no one is that lucky.</p>

<p>Mostly the first half of this chapter was there to make "certain readers' happy (we know who you are -- nudge nudge). He could have dissed her at the end of the last chapter and that could have been the end of it without the elaborate shopping setup.</p>

I thought that this chapter felt like it had been appended to the existing story and didn't add a whole lot. Maybe I'm just a grump.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Lacking the final plot device

The writer set the story up nicely... but fizzled out. There was no resolution or conflict after he caught the wife cheating. Things just sort of wound down and everyone became happy. It was nice...like kissing a sister. It just had no real spark. Setting up the story is the easiest part. Trying to keep the tension till the end is difficult, as you have just demonstrated. Thanks for the story

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Hubby STILL repeating mistakes of the past

Having the husband develop a spine ... how can I fuck you without knowing how many times you cheated on me?... was BIIIIG surprise development in the story.

<br></br>

In everyone of these stories author always have the husband ..supposedly angry fileld with raged... fuck their wive after they find out she has be whorng for months or years... because she can suck cock. Look at angiquesophie shit stories or JPB stories.

<br></br>

The husband is STILL making the same mistakes. This ending is romantic fluffy crap... which is fine if you like that stuff. The BIG issue is that the huband seems incapable of learning.

<br></br>

The story make it very clear that the hsuband and wife married EARLY. At least Twice in the story -- the husband says it or thinks that.

<br></br>

How then is falling in live with June 5 minutes after meeting her and getting married a month or two later

NOT repeating the same mistakes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Golf Course?

What happened to the golf course? Was it built with their land? I was expecting the real golf lesson to be that screwing around killed the course.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxover 15 years ago
A very well written disappointment

I'm a fan of your editor, and I think this was a very well written story, but it lacked fire. What we have is one of the "million stories in the naked city," but that's all it is. This is the sad story of our neighbor, the guy who works in the next office, a couple of folks in our churches and clubs. It's a story we've all seen far too many times in real life and it's just as tragic.

<p>

I'm a great fan of reconciliation, or of revenge. This story had neither. Yes, Jim end up with a life lived well, and happy... but there was no cure for his pain or his loss. The wife wasn't punished, she lost interest in her children and the kids ended up with a half-sib they'd never be close too. Again that tragic and it happens all the time.

<p>

With a writer of your talent, I want to read something that is more than what I see every day. I want a deeper insight than "we married too young." The wife remains a bit of a mystery, but you drop her out of the story and in the end we don't even know if she suffered at all. She was a bit of a submissive, and that would explain why she had trouble saying no, but we only learn that by inference. She could just as easily be a slut. The point is that you took an interesting premise, a long term cheating wife, and you gave us a pedestrian story.

<p>

Please, continue to write, even the Bard had a few clunkers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
By the numbers ending

A convention has arisen in this genre in which the wife fades out of the picture and the last act is the husband meeting and falling for another woman. There isn't any drama in this, especially since the authors don't address the real issues which would arise in a family if a parent has issues. There are children and yet the lack of a mother is passed off as nothing or as a positive without any psychological exploration at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The One Part Missing

The one part of this story that was missing (the "why" of Stephanie's behavior is really beside the point as she obviously was a slut) was how either Paul or Stephanie took some vengeance against the golf pro. At a minimum, Paul should have spoken to him, forcefully, about his comment to the daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Glad it's finally over

I'm sorry; but the author went out of his way to make Steph look bad. Multiple affairs? Puh-leeze! Then the whole spiel about having her declared an unfit mother? How the fuck did he propose to do that? As for sole custody without alimony? What the fuck planet do you live on CS because that shit doesn't happen in the Good Ol' U.S.A. I wanted to like this story but I detest bullies and that would fit this clown to a "T".

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good story.

All three chapters....good writing. The relationship with June might have been a touch rushed, but overall, the story is plausible and well-written.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What makes a slut?

Most of the wives in these stories are called sluts by readers and their fictious husbands. Why? Is a slut the woman who slept with 100's of men before she was married and none after or the woman who slept with one after her marriage? Hubby has an issue with putting his cock where others have been....well how does that explain June? She obviously put out and he doesn't seem upset by that. Whatever happened with the golf course by the way? Considering how much effort went into that, there should be some resolution to that as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
at least

the husband (writer) knew, there is no way of coming together anymore with somebody like his ex-wife who was completly unable to talk at all. some wrote the drama was missing. was it? I would say think about it, it was allready hard for the kids to loose the mother and any further contact and for him to find even more men she fucked. but he was calm enough to not make it bigger than it was and thats what would maybe happen in real life. no stupid revenge nobody could do (besides fantasy). the only thing I would have done a bit more persistent, I would have asked more about the reasons and not let her go and runaway all the times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent story

and I shall look out for more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
If you are a member of gold club and the pro is

guilty of fucking wives of members a few complaints will end his career done right. Some one said what was the thing about an unfit mother and it wouldnt happen in the US. Sorry Anony it happens all the time in states that have laws that protect the husband, wife, and the children. The is no way a wife fucking around can be consiedered a good parent (role models you know), and as a wife the time spent out of the marriage is time not spent on the marriage or family. Arguments are made it has no real effect on the family. Lest see if we can erase those thoughts. If you have time to play outside the family and marriage my goodness you have more time to devote to the family that you chose not to. When you have any type of sexual contact, oral, genital, or anal you place yourself in harm's way with regard to STDs, HIV/AIDS, and a large variety of communicable diseases. Yes people can be tested and in most cases a negative test result means many months ago, six or more, you may not have been infected, doesnt really say much about the present. By taking those risk you thereby expose the spouse and the family to diseases they should be be placed in harms way with. I know some x is now the lover, but just suppose x decides not to be nice. Hmmm blackmail exposing your to your spouse, children, family, employer, peer group. Blackmail can take many forms, money, sex, prostitution, drugs, criminal theft, goodness and you want to expose your family to those risk for an hour or two of sex. Really indicates the mental ability of the fuckee doesnt it. Hmm, do you really want that mental giant (laffs) as the other parent of your offspring. Why do you want to make sure your children are mentally defective? There is never a good reason to stay married to a cheater. The old for the sake of the children is trash, almost anyone with experience with couples involved in cheating with children will tell you the kids are better off if the parents had split and the offending parent was severely limited to visitation with the offspring. Didnt mean for this to be so long, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No lessons

Decent if dispirited story. There were no lessons, except, club pros are sleaze-balls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Liked It

The only problem I had was with the golf pro. It's one thing to fuck around with the slut but when he made the comment to the daughter their would have been hell to pay. In your stories you don't have confrontations with the men but in this case not many fathers would have let it go, at least got him fired which would have been easy to do. Please keep writing, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Quite Reasonably Close To Life

I think you have come a long way Author - this was very good.<P>

So close to life that many were want of blood and guns rather than the slow death a divorce normally brings.<P>

You painted some pretty normal people on your stage and expressed them very lifelike - nice touch.<P>

I look forward to your next and continued growth Author.<P>

With High Regard

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 15 years ago
Good Story but..

the transition of Step from the greatest mother in the world to driveby parent was too sudden and the kids rather unforgiving reaction was not typical. I recall that the setting is a rural small town. Step was a 24/7 mom to these 3 kids and she was involved in every aspect of their lives. Yes she broke up the family but she did not have a job and she was kicked out of their home. Step was doing what she had to do to survive and to obtain those things she valued. The replacement of Step with June just seemed petty. I do agree with other commenters that your writing has improved. Thanks for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Chapter 1, page 2: Paradox?

Is this a common part of young peoples dating rituals today, or is it actually intentionally written as a NUTSHELL of the whole story to come? The wife apparently had another take her to her prom [READ SHE TRADED UP] and then this dummey thinks he took her virginity the next night because of his charm and that he bought her a soda?!?!? The oddity of this part of the tale just struck me as so great WHEN READ, yet LATER fits so well the behavior of the adult wife as later portrayed in the story. Would help if we were shown these things: "I thought back to high school and the prom..." hubbie thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Chapter 1, page 2: Paradox?

Is this a common part of young peoples dating rituals today, or is it actually intentionally written as a NUTSHELL of the whole story to come? The wife apparently had another take her to her prom [READ SHE TRADED UP] and then this dummey thinks he took her virginity the next night because of his charm and that he bought her a soda?!?!? The oddity of this part of the tale just struck me as so great WHEN READ, yet LATER fits so well the behavior of the adult wife as later portrayed in the story. Would help if we were shown these things: "I thought back to high school and the prom..." hubbie thought.

jackiedanielsjackiedanielsabout 15 years ago
USA

I,m afraid the men I know would have taken matters into there hands when they found out what that pieace of crap golf pro said to the daughter,after already destroying there marriage,I know after that many broken bones he would never have been able to play golf again,

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written, but...

could have been better. This reminded me of your story "Thursday Nights". What was missing was adequate dialog between the husband and wife. The husband asks some of the right questions (e.g., how many other men, how long, how many in my bed, was he a better lover, etc.), but instead of having the wife answer these questions the author allows the wife to remain silent. Discussions of those sorts of issues, with lots of emotion and the wife breaking down and realizing what a fool she has been, and how much she hurt her husband, are what make or break a "cheating wife" story. If you don't know what I mean, then see "Too High a Price" by Longhorn_07 on this site. I hope to see you post more stories, you write well, but please try to step up the emotional level of the conversations between the husband and his cheating spouse. In the last conversation, when Stephanie was sitting in the kitchen in her negligee, why didn't the husband specifically mention what he knew about the gym coach's husband, and ask for details? Why didn't he mention that he knew she had been spending money on sexy underware he never saw, ask if this was some of it, and ask who else had seen it? Why didn't he insist on a definitive accounting for the incident with his brother's brother-in-law? Why make the wife such an uncaring bitch that she is welling to just clam up and leave rather than try to explain and beg for forgiveness? Maybe the husband, prior to that night, could have tracked down his brother's brother-in-law and gotten him to confess what really happened at the party (e.g., he claims his wife has confessed, but he wants to make sure she told him everything, and unless the guy's story matches her's he will tell the other guy's wife). Then he would be positioned to catch the wife in more lies, and make her confess she had been cheating for years. This sort of thing would, I think, have been much more interesting to most readers than details of the house renovation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OK, you changed the characters in the story ...

First, I liked it a lot. However, you retro-fitted their marriage and all the rest. At first Steph's a good wife with the makings of a shrew. They loved one another, did things together, had special moments, etc. But, lately she is unhappy. By the end, it was a mistaken marraige with no love. If the first marriage had been a mistake because they rushed into it, he did exactly the same thing with June, fell in love immediately and moved in together. Finally, the addition of Steph's extra affairs and her turning into a slut were unnecessary additions that actually detracted from your story. That said, I like your writing, please keep sharing with us! - Ttom

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 14 years ago
FINALLY figured out WHY wife cheated all these years

I figurd it out . This is a good story but it is cold and without any real emotion. The Husband is filled with all this anger-- we know becuase the husband SAYS many times. Yet he never really pushes his wife for answers. Only 1 time does he really ask

her How long... <b?but never does Paul ask WHY? </b>...

he asks how many others... how many times... where and for how long

NEVER once asks WHY

<i> "How long, Stephanie? How many years was I a cuckold? How many different men tasted that sweet pussy? Was I the only man in town who didn't know what a slut you were? My God, why didn't you charge for access to your cunt? We certainly could have used the money."

"Paul!"

"It's true, isn't it? I've learned of two others. Why did I never figure it out? Was it because I worked ten hours a day to provide for my family and you had too much freedom?"

Stephanie sat looking at me. Evidently, she didn't care to answer my questions.

"How many men did you bring into this house? How many of them did you take to our bed? Was that why the master bath was so important to you, just another playroom?"

Still she sat looking at me. By now, I knew the look on her face when she had closed herself away from those around her and wasn't going to be part of our conversation. </i>

You see he never asks her WHY?

THE ANSWER... Paul is an IDIOT.

How does a man see his wife in a drunken embrace at party with another man...her lipstick smeared her shirt hastily button and NO panties and does NOT get suspicous...?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
GREAT

I loved it. Great to see people just move on and make a better life rather than get all caught up in revenge.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
More fantasy that I rated 1*.

"You know, I could go back to see that judge and have you declared an unfit mother..." How stupid can an author be?

Each chapter the story kept getting more stupid then the one before. I never finished reading the last chapter. It was obviously a waste of my time so I skipped to the end and gave it the lowest rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWornock . . . .

I get it now. You're just a frustrated, arrogant child who thinks you know everything. I feel pity for you . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
double bogie

Good story - but very uneven. Most of the comments have pointed out the flaws but there was one brief incident that passed unnoticed - I'm referring to the conversation where Tino asking Cindy if she was as wet a fucker as her mom. And Dad does nothing. An adult man makes that kind of comment to a female minor and Dad does nothing...that is one spineless Dad.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Classic Example of Author's Agenda Souring a Story & Leaving Faintly Bitter Aftertaste at Conclusion !

I suspect the author rushed the ending. Too bad. It was well above average till then. As Sleepless in Maryland said Stephanie had been a nigh exemplary mother & wife before the explosive discovery of adultery. She would have outburst of vocal discontent & was a bit of a spendthrift financially.

Many happy marriages have larger issues then that. The infidelity is a dealbreaker. No argument there. My issue is that in this installment she becomes a slattern, neglectful parent & is outed as a past & present tense slut.

The narrator was a very sharp guy. They live in a very small town. Gossip spreads fast. There are no anonymous hotel & hookups to cover tracks. She was originally caught with a literally sloppy mistake, the wet matress. That's a rookie cheater mistake .

To sum things up- this author has a lot of potential. This was a winning hand misplayed by the aforementioned agenda. I hope the next effort is truer to the story as it is laid out . I thank the talanted author for the first two submissions of this serial. It was cause for thought and a catalyst for mixed memories.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WHEN PLAYING GOLF

one can get a bogey or a birdie. eagle or hole-in-1-. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Good Read

Very enjoyable reading thank for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
it took him a while to catch on

but once he did, he got rid of the whore and moved on. 5 stars

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 11 years ago
Almost Great

I really liked the story but would very much liked to have read some of Stephanie's story. Not that it should have changed this story or the ending one bit. It just would have been nice to explore some ideas about how someone like that ticks. What had she really done all during their marriage? Why she thought she had to do it. Did she really not understand that she was destroying her marriage with her actions? Etc.

But thanks for a really good read.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Although I lkied the story

I would have thought as a pissed off husband he would have outed at least the golf pro so other husbands might avoid the same troubles.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Good but ....

Like most of your writings, good to great till the end comes in sight.

Then thud. Ugh.

Feels like a book shelf and one bookend has been left unfinished.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Good read, low erotica

Outstanding omission is what would happen to a golf pro who outed daughter's Mom (after 'in & out'ing Sweetie) as he was propositioning the high-schooler! At LEAST lost testicles!

I thought it was excessive to throw in the BJ in the van plus other random trysts. It took her from an earlier alcohol-assisted goof, plus a stupid, prolonged hook-up with a predator, and re-cast Sweetie as a seriously uncontrolled slut. The latter was NOT in keeping with the rest of her depictions, the former WAS!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
Not really bad...

... but a little too "journal" like for my tastes.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Nice job-

Stephanie is pretty clearly a disinterested party in most of what her life was -

She went through the motions out of habit more than care and wanted for her reasons not their best interests - and then lived that out herself -

It was - to sat the least - a pretty quick courtship for him and June LOL - but good for 'em

Pretty real in too many aspects - youth and hormones drove them and then they lost those and had too little left -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

For a couple married that long her change seems inexplicable and out of character. I say out of character because the author never bothered to try and explain her behavior, she is the seemingly faithful wife for well over a decade, and next thing you know she is banging every guy she comes across and wants nothing to do with her kids. Whenever hubby tried to get an explanation she just clammed up. That may well be how the author wanted to portray her, but it is at odds with every other aspect of the story. An unresolved contradiction such as that makes for a very unsatisfying storyline. Overall, decent writing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought...

Did I read it wrong, or did he tell this woman he wanted to fuck her the very first time he met her? "Actually, I like to do a lot more than kiss you." Very odd dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Another Taker

Stephanie turned out to be what most women in society are. Takers. They take and take and it's all about them. Several affairs, I'm bored la la la la. She got knocked up and married and her kids did not even know. Clearly a disturbed woman. But again that's most of them today.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
A good story

Fairly realistic as far as LW stories go. He should have called the lawyer for the golf resort and reported the sleaze bag golf pro for trying to undermine their negotiations.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 10 years ago
believeable

I didn 't have any problem with her attitude. She didn't suddenly change, except for becoming more bitchy. She didn't turn into a slut because she had apparently been a slut all of their marriage. If she told the truth she probably would have had to admit she never really loved him. He came to that realization himself, later.

What I found particularly despicable was the way she allowed her relationship with her children to fall apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written.

The story is well worded. The people seem real, especially the husband who is not a high ranking professional with an army of PI and ex-military personnel, who is not secretly a super ninja spy assassin, who didn't win the lotto the moment the divorce is finalized, and who is not going to be canonized as a saint of the holy catholic church. I also like the way he handled the wife's betrayal, very quick without the wimpy denial and self pity, and decisively fair and final without any of the BTB revenge fantasy BS. Again, good job on the words and the realistic contents.

avidreader123avidreader123over 10 years ago
Loose ends

What happened with the land? Did they put a golf course in or sell it as home lots? And I think if that golf pro asshole talked to my daughter like that I would meet him late at night with a tire iron.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
an interesting twist

may I help you get dressed?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
The problem with this story

and many others on the site, is that a loving mother suddenly turns into a raging slut within the spand of a few months or a year.

Its hard to reconcile her wanton behaviour at the end with the loving wife portrayed at the start of the story.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years ago
This was a curious story.

It's about a house and a family. Too bad our protagonist married a pleasant woman who was just promiscuous, but then he did what he needed to do and moved on. Though I'm suspicious about June's part in this play the story does have the subtle ring of truth to it.

It's too bad this author stopped writing; it's as though he'd had an experience and once he'd purged it from his system he didn't have anything else to say. that's regrettable.

This is a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
he gradually learned throughout the marriage she was cheating, never checked on the kids

he was much to kind to the vile slut she was

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Just not that engaging a storyline.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 8 years ago
Closed Down Right When It Should Have Opened Up

Most LW readers are interested in the wife's explanation of why and the rationalizations that let them cheat. If Stephanie has any interest it is in this. The husband is slightly even more rigid and didactic than most in these stories. Right when the reader is most engaged in "why" Stephanie is completely shut down by the aothor. As a husband the character may not care, but most readers do.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Very cool story

This was a real gem. I seem to remember reading it some time ago, but, if so, it was well worth another read. This is a class act, well written, well edited, characters fully developed and charming and the tension was high. Well worth the five I gave every chapter. Sad that this quality isn't still being written, with a very few exceptions. I can't believe it doesn't have a higher score.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
A nice slice of life story

Thanks for the warning about leopards not changing their spot. It let us know this wasn't a RAAC story. We got enough hints re Steph as to her shallowness.

How about a sequel?

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Too many???

You created all these questions that were never addressed again like the missing money, selling the land etc.... A lot more could have unfolded with this story instead of just letting things die out.... Nice character development, story was a bit off IMHO. 4*****

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
@Jay80 & ForensicFossill

Right on! My sentiments exactly.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 7 years ago
Loved it. Great story.

The characters were well-developed. Several comments were about the sudden change in the wife, from loving faithful wife to slut - but that's not how I read it. She was complaining and whining from the beginning. I think the wife was having infrequent affairs from the beginning of their marriage, eventually becoming quite brazen right before getting caught. Once booted to the curb, she was free to spread her wings, or legs, as the case may be, and stop pretending to be the good wife, so it doesn't surprise me that she ditched the kids to enjoy the "wild side" for a while. I'm sure she figured she'd earned it.

I liked the fact that the husband, upon figuring out the wife was cheating, braced her with that information and demanded answers - the very same day! All too often we see the husbands in these stories headed to Radio Shack to purchase phone taps, recorders, GPS units, super HD full color 360 degree xray pinhole cameras with night vision capability and optional Keyhole satellite uplink, instead of just taking care of business. It all becomes rather tedious so it was refreshing to see this husband do what was needed to protect his family. And yes, I believe her behavior was a detriment, i.e. threat, to her family.

I agree with BlackRandi's comments on this story; it was a class act. I would have enjoyed more detail to be sure: I've never read a good story yet where I didn't wish it went on longer. I will say this: If ex-wife's boyfriend stopped and made a vulgar remark to my daughter like the one in this story did, I'd take time off from work to hunt him down and bullwhip him. Bet on it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Should have called Tino’s boss

Once he told them that they would be allowed to by the property as long as Tino worked there, he would be history. Or he could beat his ass for talking to his daughter like she was a slut. Either way punishment was required

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ScuckioJJ says "schwanze" is Mesopotamian for

&quot;cuck in a closet&quot;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
FUCKIN' WIMP NEVER WENT AFTER THE GOLF PRO FOR INVADING HIS HOME AND FUCKING HIS WIFE.

Should oughta' kill the cocksucker with a golf club. Then make mush of his nuts with a driver.

Two stars for a weak wimp story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Hard

Difficult to believe he couldn't find some way to bust To go up a little. Stephanie definitely didn't suffer enough.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Decent ending

I'm with the 'she didn't suffer enough' remarks below, though. She was an unrepenrant whore who obviously only wanted to stick around for the security. The fact that she canceled plans with her own kids because her ex dared to move on - after SHE cheated, repeatedly and for years - speaks volumes about her character. Cheap, selfish, self-serving and a round-heeled whore. Bet her baby isn't even her new husband's either, she's probably still spreading her legs for anyone she sees

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You end is too short. The story spends too much explain. Slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Would have liked to know why

Seems a lot of unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

At some point in the future you. Need to revisit this story... It very badly needs to be fleshed out... It has the potential to be a very... Very good story... But as is there are just too many unexplained and unresolved elements... Way too many... And the romance with june is ridiculously rushed... The scenario of their first meeting is so ridiculous that i am shocked that an editor would allow it to be included as written... And lastly... As others have stated the wife's lover making lewd statements to the daughter is a situation that no father would have just ignored... And your having your character do so colored him in a very negative light... It changes the readers whole perspective of him... In a bad way... I'd be very inerested in reading this story again after an extensive rewrite... As always... Jmo

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I'm am confused.

Why did he let Steph off so easily when he found out that she was a serial cheater? I can't understand how he didn't take some revenge on the golf pro after he insulted his daughter like that. I would like to see him rip his cock off. lousy. Nice to see the lovely ending although it was certainly a "rushed" affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I liked it, but I was also frustrated....

....that this follows along in the same vein as your others where the wife is a very immature, almost child-like woman who is so cavalier about cheating that she’s allowed herself to be caught at least three times. She doesn’t seem to be particularly upset at being found out, just sort of offhand asks if she will be forgiven, not really concerned about her kids, much less her husband.

I like your ideas, your style of writing, and that the story was adequately edited, but this plot like your others has gaping holes where we readers could peek into the mind of the cheating wife to see her motivations even if it disgusts us.

I have an ex wife who’s stuck at being a permanent teenager, so I can sympathize if the stories you write spring from the personal experiences of the author.

But this story could have been compressed into a single chapter if you never intended to flesh out the wife.

4*, because it needed to be scored higher than a 3*.

But help us out here, ok?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
The golf Pro should have been taught a lesson, another way to use a golf club

If not for the wife but certainly for what he said to the daughter. The scumbag wouldn't be able to give golf lessons with a nine iron jammed up his colon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay only as scorpiojj said it for me

Cheated with wife bad

Said to daughter extremely bad

jtwheels

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago
And Troy gets off without a scratch?

You could have wrapped that up easily.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for the story.

BUT there should have been more consequences for the disgusting pig golf pro.

The wife was certainly a nasty, cheating slut right from the get go and deserved less from the divorce.

It was sad that after the divorce, the husband hears about several previous sexual activities of his wife.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I wanted to read all 3 parts before commenting. It's a good story and I do agree about getting the golf pro fired. There is no question that the wife is an actress and manipulator. I would have enjoyed a slower ending, but I suppose I am enjoying happy endings these days.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

For a wife of 18 years Stephanie was an almost non existent character.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 2 years ago

I would really like to know mor why Steph was a cheating slut. And what happend to after her second marriage? I really thought the second marriage would be to some pimp and she drifted to prostitution.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

This last part didn’t affect me like the first two, but I’m so relieved that he pushed the slut away. It’s not easy. Her kind keeps checking to see if you’re still vulnerable… How would a man like him end up with a slut like her? They prey on gullible men like him. Why was she such a slut? They’re born. Learn to recognize and avoid them. They’re worse than vampires.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The ending felt rushed but it was a good story. Stephanie obviously was not in love with her husband but in a like. She also had her sights set higher. Too bad she waited so long to find her outlet.. The kids were not as damaged as they might have been since their divorse was not bitter. Good story overall.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Well written three chapter story. Of the three I felt this was the best.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous