All Comments on 'Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car Ch. 02'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
f'ing

hurry

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BABY YOU CANT DRIVE MY CAR

its not me ITS YOU....TK U MLJ LV NV

mallahmallahover 12 years ago
two different stories

Did you write two different stories?

At the end of chapter one, the way it is set up is that you didn't have anything to do with Sandy for ten months.

That with Sammi, is where all of the bullshit is suppose to happen.

But now you have the bullshit with Sandy...

Your story needs cleaning up, do you have an editor?

So which is it? Two chapters written by two different people or are you writing two different stories?

Confusing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sorry the writing

is like a 10yr old wrote it. To stilted and stiff.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Readers Digest!!!!!!

Almost boring but you are a good writer. If it's not finished please finish it. Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
First impression : strong narrative , good flow but no apparent destination !

Nevertheless this is a " fun read ". It is definitely taking the scenic route in relating how narrator got his heart twisted in the here & now. The brisk dialogue and self effacing personal profile helps more then a little.

For being exposed to the world as a working musician ,he is pretty naive about women. I just might have been there myself & so cannot scorn him overmuch for that quality.

You have to watch those waitresses , man. They drain you of bodily fluids till you dry up like a husk at their place but rarely have anything of substance to eat/ drink . Why should they? Guys flirt and beg for their favors the whole work day. Want the complete whore in bed, cook in kitchen you better try mail order brides from any number of impoverished Asian countries or set time machine for 1950's.

Deal me in please, for the next installment. Hope he gets just a little more savvy next time at bat or this could get wearisome in quick hurry.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
A Very Quick btw

In terms of letting a woman drive your hard-earned customized 'whip'- Check any ' Smokey & Bandit ' fragmentary memories. Do you remember the great scene where Sally Field took over the wheel & Burt Reynolds sat passively in bitch seat of Trans Am ? ...I don't either.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
It flowed well,

for me. I must be going blind if it was as bad as the Mouse had it. The story and descriptions are very interesting. Another commentator also had eyesight problems. Oh well. For whomever wants a fun read this is a good one!

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
Fine tale looking forward to more chapters

Nice job laying the groundwork and investing us in the charaters. Hope to read the rest soon.

Keep up the story and thanks for writing

dinkymacdinkymacover 12 years ago
Nice!!

Nice flow and story line - I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Interesting

Mild confusion in a few places requiring a reread but it all still works.

Lots of directions to go, interesting read so far.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
Ok, ok

A five this time, but let's get moving. Set up's good. Let the story begin!

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
I'm hooked!

Time to reel us in before we break line Really enjoying your writing style !

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
great fun story...

Liked the first chapter better...Got annoyed as to who John and Carrie/Carry were...still not sure...even after a reread...do not have the patience to reread the first part/chapter 1...I assume those characters must be there...still don't know why it was important to know who she chose...John Kerry? Other than this bete noir, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You gave it away

by calling them the "toxic" twins. So in the next chapter(s) we can be sure that Sammi betrays him too. I also am curious who john and cary are. sammi will probably cheat with the mysterious john since sandy did cary. Still a decent read.

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
I love this story

And you picked the perfect car!

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good

Well it's not green grass and high tides yet, but he did sing I used to love her. Playing the field two or three at a time sure is hard work, mentally. It is also two or three times the problems.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
And

I am amazed he let the broad drive his hot rod. Can a man be pussy whipped before he even gets it? :)

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Muddled and Confusing……

The transition between the first and second chapters is weak and confusing. The third paragraph of Chapter 2 started a flashback, but I didn’t realize it for several moments because my head was back at the end of Chapter 1.

And Sandy and Sammi? How about using names that are different enough not to be confusing to those of us suffering from senior moments?

And regarding the new dance club, was it Sammi’s idea and when did she communicate that to Wiley? Then she started asking about the van…..the flow of the story got garbled here. And then the dancing……….who grabbed Wiley? Yes, I quickly figured out it was Linda, but you were not clear.

Then Sandy leaves to take care of her mother and now I get confused again. What is the time frame between Sandy’s leaving and Wiley’s visit? Was it the six weeks mentioned in the following paragraph?

And finally, you mentioned that Sandy was gone for 10 months before returning in the next to last paragraph of Chapter 1. Where in your timeline are we now? The second month after Sandy left? Remember those six weeks I mentioned above?

Please take some time (or get an editor) to make the story flow better. I think it is really a good read and I enjoy your writing. Just take some time and catch these minor inconsistencies. I'm looking forward to your next installment.

Thank you and please keep writing.

grogers7grogers7over 12 years ago
I'm waiting

I did not understand why I kept reading ch.01; it seemed pointless. But I did read, so it must be the author's skill to keep just enough interest in his story -- congrats. Ch.02 makes the story interesting, and I am waiting to read how the apparent inconsistency others have noted is resolved as the fabric of the story is revealed.

BTW, a '69 Mach1 was a bitch to drive with 4 forward gears, front end heavy, rear end weightless -- but with three? Yuk!

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
3***

Makes little sense to me.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I'm still waiting

I hope you finish the story. I'd like to see where this goes.

I'm a bit confused, but it's been two weeks between the two chapters (For me. I don't know how quickly you've written it)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the end

i hate it when a story just stops with no ending

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ALL GIGS HAVE TO END

some on a high note others on a low one. TK U MLJ LV NV

TXanyTXanyabout 12 years ago
You promised in "Tell her I'm not here"....

To finish this story! :-)

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 12 years ago
When??

Will you finish this? At least when JR wound up in the hospital, we knew when the next installment would be.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
One star no ending

Zzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
RePhil

What a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good, but inaccurate

First off, interesting story. Second, as a mormon I find it kind of offensives that you grouped it with poligamy. While in the same state, Mormons are Christians and have no relation whatsoever to poligamy. Please do your research before further spreading religious inaccuracies.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Good second installment.

Again I could easily identify with the story line.

Thanks

flaw600flaw600over 11 years ago
To Mormon Anom

While it is true that the Mormons have officially banned polygamy, this is a relatively new occurence. This truth must be spread but at the same time, however unjustly, Mormons are still known for polygamy, and it is going to take time for the truth to spread. It is perfectly acceptable for the character in this story to lump Mormonism with polygamy b/c that has been true for many years now; at the same time, thank you for taking the time to set the record straight.

As for the story, it seems a bit rushed. 4 stars.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
polygamy

for the life of me I can't see the difference between the free love commune movement of the 60's and 70's with polygamy. funny that for some reason a piece of paper makes a man supporting to or more families a criminal, and no paper at all means some guy knocking up has many women he can get to live with him, a solid citizen.

the punishment for polygamy should be to allow polygamy, despite what I write in my stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story

Loved the ending

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Yep one down - one to go -

They competed and then moved on - he is in for a world of shit - especially since he is choosing Sammi second -

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
"I didn't want you to find out like this"

Well, what did she think was going to happen when she didn't simply tell him she found someone else?

And what was the point in lying about seeing her mother every day? All that did was give him the chance to catch her in another lie. All she had to say was that she was doing better and she didn't need to see her every day.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
JUST WAIT

there will be lots more...just like that. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
One down

two more to go.

counting him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ouchie ouch

Yeah, I knew this was gonna fucking hurt.

J

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Re-Reading

Still can't remember what happens, though his last line says a lot!

I realize that she didn't want to tell him over the phone, but given how long it was going to be until she expected to see him, she had to tell him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@mallah

You misunderstood. In chapter 1, the situation between Sandy and Sammy resolved itself when Sandy went home to her mother, which we just saw. Then she was gone for 10 months, that we haven’t seen yet.

Sak77Sak77almost 5 years ago
John or Carry?

Someone splain what is clearly an obvious comment I am misding, pleade? Thank you.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Missing

Ok Its missing some parts here.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Huh??

Who is John and Carry? Did you skip their introductions? Good cheating slut story...

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Yeah

You can find good wife material in bars but your odds are better elsewhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

And getting better. I do agree with another comment, finding anyone worth more than a one-night-stand, or at best, a few dates, in a bar, is about as likely as winning the lottery. Oh, and just for the record, John and Carrie ( later spelled Carry) were briefly mentioned about half way through page two. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
cheating slut or cheating asshole

We tend to get carried away in these stories about cheating sluts but I guess that's the genre. Probably just as many cheating assholes around to. I always remember high school when some guy was dating two different girls and they didn't know about each other, then they found out and the guy played hell getting another girl the rest of the year. Seeing those games and that young (1960) I swore I would never cheat and never have in 60 years. Great story, humor, love, commitment no commitment. Keep up the good work

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

At the end of chapter 1 it says, "By the time she came back ten months later." So, did she break her engagement?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who are John and Carry? Her future husbands? A slut is a slut is a slut!!! You can't change the stripes on a zebra! If this story does not pick up steam, real steam, I am one chapter away from moving on to something better.

4*

BJ

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Qhmt1,

I love your Taste in Cars!!! Ford Mustangs I always drooled over the 'Stang McQueen drove in Bullitt. Until I saw ...Eleanor in 'GONE in 60 seconds". But any Mustang will do. Oooo especially a Shelby tricked out one

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"I didn't want you to find out like that" Boom and drops the mike. How did she want him to find out? She was living 900 miles away why not just say over the phone that it was over and she had met somebody else. Cowardly behaviour. Especially after asking him to go exclusive in their last conversation. Not much comfort but at least he found out before engagement and marriage what she was like. Let's see how the other shoe drops. Feeling sorry for the guy to be shafted by 2 women. Same as I would if it was the other way round. Good story enjoying the journey. Thanks BardnotBard

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

Damn. Im not gonna lie, you had me the first half

Ravey19Ravey192 months ago

Going strong, absolutely nothing to complain about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He's making a mistake with both cunts, Sandy and Sammi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...