All Comments on 'Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car Ch. 05'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful writing

Now that you are to the true romance, this is becoming a wonderful, loving story. Well worth the read.

retiredMarineretiredMarinealmost 12 years ago
Fabulous!

Superlatives aside, you plucked my heartstrings as smoothly as your mandolin! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
just one thing

that slightly rubbed me the wrong way..............was that she agreed to have a child now.....i know when her husband asked it was too soon...........and also he was an asshole for cheating but i can't help but feel she didnt try harder for her marriage.....i m sorry its just how i feel......hate when a marriage fails........i guess her feelings toward wiley BEFORE her divorce also made me uncomfortable.although the husband made it easy by cheating but.........anyway nice storyline good development.....and scope for more

F_WhateverF_Whateveralmost 12 years ago
Well...

First of all, thank you for this chapter.

Now, after reading the previous chapter, I said you wouldn't need to continue because if you had stopped there, the story would be just fine. We all knew Moira and Wiley would be alright BUT that changed now, and I'm officially joining the chorus for more! So, please, more, more, more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic

i'm ejoyed this a lot and can't wait for more

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
TRADING A CAR FOR A FAERIE QUEEN

and he still made out like a bandit, TK U MLJ LV NV

KirkelKirkelalmost 12 years ago
5, 5, 5!

You hit all the buttons. Yeah, I see a missed spelling or period here and there and some idiot may complain about what they think is an inconsistency, but your story (pardon the pun) rocks!

I don't know why it isn't more well read, ie more people read it, because I think this story has risen to the top.

You just keep telling your story, as musically and emotionally detailed as you want. I like the length and don't want to see it end. You obviously have a musical back ground and reading your detail of the inner workings, about guitars or industry...it all works.

Keep it up and thanks for coming back!

Rob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

I loved this tale. It was skillfully written and plucked at a multitude of emotion. Thank you!

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 12 years ago
Well and truly done

Somehow I missed this series and have just found it. Love the story, the fleshing out of the characters and the plot line. As I said well done. The only problem I have with it is that I had to stop and wipe the tears out of my eyes, reading Ch. 5; must have got some fairy dust in them.

Thank you for the hard work.

Woodmanone

BelgiumBelgiumalmost 12 years ago

A truly good story, but after the previous chapters, this chapter feels kind of a bit rushed… But still good nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Really enjoying this story

I am impressed by all the details about the guitars, cars, like the main characters and how you built their background stories... I don't like the Sandy and Sammi characters or see how Wiley could have fallen for them... I wonder if you couldn't have made them more likeable and then have them break his trust but they came off as bad news from the start.

One bit I thought was out of place was when Wiley smacks the scumbag in the nose with the guitar... in my view it might have been more effective just to leave it with him having to leave with broken knuckles and all the embarrassment they suffered, also don't see a show picking back up very smoothly after the organizer hits a patron in the face with his guitar. Really liked the story, reread the old last couple of chapters after getting Ch 5... a lot of good people in here, the step mom, the old piano teacher, etc which only makes the two principals come off as being people of good values. All the hospital-graveyard stuff is very touching! I think you are very talented and tell a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
about fucking time

been waiting forever for this - cant wait for the next one. please don't turn her into a cunt and fuck the story up. u get a 5

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Good Read!!!!

Very entertaining thanks for a great read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
Too much icing , not enough cake !

Ok I'm nitpicking here, but it's true. The story needs a heavy or a counterpoint to all the professional & romantic success detailed here . I'd award this 4 stars but won't vote, so as not to bring down the average. Heretofore I've given this series full marks straight across the board.

This has been a great ride but it might be time for the skilled author to turn the page & start a new saga. I'm grateful bur satiated with this cast of characters barring any unforeseen plot twists.

allenbeeallenbeealmost 12 years ago
Another Blockbuster Hit

If you ever wanted to read everything one author wrote, this is it. Fiction so good, you think it's all real. Hey, is it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
very much a good read!!

Obviously you are a musician or very close to the industry. I loved the story and I'm not just nit picking to be nit picking, but, it's Chet Atkins (not Adkins) and also the reference to slide guitar playing and the Allman Brothers band--Duane Allman was the slide guitarist, not Greg. Great band, by the way! 5 stars, hands down!!

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
thanks

that was a great story!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
No shit -

Too much moisture to read all this -

Really good work and a joy to read -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Astounding, Simply Astounding.

Just when I think this series can't get any better...

Somehow I don't expect to have tears from a story on Lit but there it is. Three in a row.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
you just keep tugging at the heartstrings

I hope the scene in the hospital signals a transition, going from Kara and Erin, while moving into the future with their own child.

Meanwhile you are doing a masterful job of stirring the pot with all the meddlesome troublemakers in the background.

Will he get a new car any time soon? and what happened to the two guitars that were shipped to Sotheby's?

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
Just Read This

For at least the fourth time...one of the best on this site...thank you for letting us read and continuing to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5

As before I love your stories. Now as before I am going to read the last of the series.

One of the first couple I voted but did not comment. sorry.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
So much love

I cannot wait to make this a permanent part of my personal library, thank you for sharing your heart.

Jason

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Re-Reading

It's been a while. I just have no words, except Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
oops

"She took her hand and put it in the boy"

That's an unfortunate typo. You could probably get away with it in an ebook or on a non-smut website, but here it just comes across as… well, something most unfortunate.😱

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Finally!

Well, finally Moira and Wiley have become a couple and have been married. It seems that both have found their soul mate, and have a baby on the way, big!

Also, will they form a new duo? Will that affect their relationship with the others members of the band?

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant Series

It would be nice to reconnect with Kara's family

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Nice Continuation

This is a great continuation, but IMHO the story came to a natural ending at Ch4!

Still a 5*

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 4 years ago
I'm already well past contented.

Is there more to this lovely story? :+))

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Satisfied

This is a beautiful story, satisfying and heart warming. Well done, just...damn well done.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ahhh geeze, you put a tear in this old mans eye.

Not sure if i should stop reading here and just enjoy the good feeling.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
5 Again!!!

WISH i COULD VOTE HIGHER, BUT 5 STARS IS TOP.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

not much to say this time of year, too many tears. Your writing should come with a box of Kleenex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a moving story but fergie is right - its too cold for all the tears. You and others like you help fill my hours. Your mention of your computer problems reminded me of my favorite 60 Minute story. A guy looked all over for his laptop but couldn't find it. He happened to look out of his window and in a sea of green grass was this white paper. As he got closer he realized it was his laptop buried. His dog was jealous of the time he spent with it. When the dog died a memorial was made; "Good friend, bad dog!". He was one of the creators of the Simpsons.

Bigguy731Bigguy731over 3 years ago

It’s hard to read when you can’t see the page because it’s too blurry. I wasn’t sure if I would read this series because I thought it might be too dark. I’m glad I am reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Faeri by the Fairy Queen

What a beautiful ending for a winning story. I was disappointed on the first story, Gonna Sell the Bitch's Car, when it stopped on the 6th chapter. I looked and accidentally found two endings. Read them both, with this being the grand winner. Now I can hardly recall what the first story was about. You still have a long term follower. When you write, you give us a full mental picture, like seeing a movie.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Oh well, I guess this does solve my query from the previous chapters’ ending. Loved this one.

GodianMichaelGodianMichaelover 2 years ago

Wow So Touching...

Love evry bit of it...

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Your ability to spin a great story is outstanding. This is one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This chapter made me cry. Thought i was a macho man tough guy. Yeah not so much after this. Thanks for the wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with so many comments, especially when they mention your incredible way with words! I also agree with L1941, this is one of your best - of course I think that any time I read any of your tales! Thank you Q, my fourth time enjoying it!

somewhere east of Omaha

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

Loved it i'm just sorry there is only one more chapter five star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another extraordinary chapter. Like the chapter on and about Kara, Chip and his mom and the visit to the cemetery with Moira, I cried while reading this one. Talk about macho man !!!

Thx and again, 7-9*

BJ

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

The people in the room weren't the only ones with wet eyes. My wife was a cancer survivor so I can understand the emotions they were going through. Another five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Every so often I enjoy a complete change of pace like this story.

Fantastic! And no one should ever contemplate less than 5 stars.

Not much sex, but that wasn’t needed for this tale.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My wife survived cancers in one & then the other breast with just lumpectomies.

A few weeks ago she was diagnosed with lung cancer in both lungs & assorted lymph nodes.

I’ve survived both prostate and recently bladder cancer. Giving credence to the saying:

Life’s a witch & then you die.

Bill S.

Ocker53Ocker539 months ago

I had a tear in my eye too, well done⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If I cry any more at this story my sofa will float down the street. BardnotBard

Helen1899Helen18997 months ago

It's just wonderful 5* as ordered

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner6 months ago

OK, the musical pearls are getting me smiling so hard it is embarrassing.

So, why Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and not include Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen? Imagine Hot Rod Lincoln by the orchestra.

Great work. Obviously love it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful romance. Mixes love with overcoming tragedy and healing.

Taco76310Taco763104 months ago

Fantastic. Not a music expert I have a tin ear so have to look up these songs. You made my allergies act up. Growing up in Oklahoma I don’t know anyone who climbed into a bathtub for a F2 .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My fifth trip through this tale, thank you Q once more! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved this chapter, but something kept getting in my eyes as I read thru it. ;-) Full 5 stars for it, and Thank You for sharing it with us.

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

5*

Damn with the onion chopping

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The descriptions of the sick children are incredibly emotive, evoking eyewater. rk

Ravey19Ravey192 months ago

Heart melting at times.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS