Good Girls Go to Heaven Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Christie and Jacob mingled to the best of their ability, Jacob knowing a lot of people from his work at the paper. He was such an amusing contradiction of affability and intensity, ready with a smile and smart-ass comment one moment or heartfelt expression and complement another. Christie got her first taste of beluga caviar and decided it would be her last, but by the time she was on her fifth glass of champagne, she was nibbling canapés and petite madeleines in dainty little bites that endlessly amused her date.

"Hey Jacob?" Christie appeared beside him, admiring the icy beauty of Dahlia as they shared an intense and hushed discussion. He looked over in her direction, patting Dahlia's hand before he left her to take Christie's elbow.

"Yes, sweetness?"

"I'm going to step out to get some fresh air. The champagne's hitting me pretty hard and I want to sober up a bit." He gave an understanding nod, bending to kiss her cheek.

"The gardens are out that way. There are some great sculptures there. I think Spence's famous nude of a lover he met in Greece is out there, right near the bed of iris and tiger lilies." Christie nodded, following his gesture to a narrow hall with dim pools of natural light.

It wasn't easy to slip out of the crowd. Heads turned as she walked by, and she was uncomfortable with the level of attention she seemed to be drawing as she passed in quick and slightly wobbly steps.

Once she made it out into the courtyard, the tension she felt eased. Stepping through another set of oak doors, she found herself in a sprawling garden dotted here and there with sculptures and small gazeboes, flowers of every hue and variety blooming in the sultry summer evening air.

Christie drifted from under the portico into the fading light, eyes drawn to the exquisitely maintained flowerbeds one instant then an intriguing work in bronze or stone the next. There was a dense cluster of magnolia trees and lilac bushes around another gazebo, which she surmised to be the shadowy center of this natural work of art, and she longed to get closer and fall under its romantic spell.

As she drew near, the unmistakable tang of clove cigarette smoke hit her nose and she paused. Someone else was out here for the peace and quiet, too. She took a hesitant step, uncertain whether she felt social enough to risk conversation with yet another stranger.

"Christie!" A loud whisper beckoned from within the trees and she jumped, then smiled as Sophie peered around the lattice arch doorway, gesturing for her to come in. "I just couldn't handle another question about the source of my inspiration. I mean honestly, haven't they looked at Dahlia? She's mad gorgeous like whoa and getting her outside in natural light is fucking magic." Christie shrugged as she joined the hiding artist behind the shelter of the trees.

Sophie brought a flute of champagne along, picking it up so Christie could sit down by the door.

"How long have you been painting?" Christie began, trying to make idle conversation over the screechy chorus of crickets. Sophie shrugged and Christie realized she had just asked one of the questions Sophie was trying to avoid. But Sophie was studying her in the diminishing light; taken aback at her pristine beauty and guileless gray eyes. Looking at her now, it was hard to believe she'd once held the angelic young woman's nude body in her arms. She was all joviality and gleeful rebellion from her own event.

"It's fine." Sophie laughed and sat down beside Christie, offering her a sip of the champagne. "I've been painting since I was twelve and could afford to buy my own supplies. I got hired in here when I was a senior in high school and did my official internship here during college."

"This garden is a beautiful and stirring place. I think I'd be inspired." Christie looked around at the gazebo with its electric lanterns made to look as if they were gas though they still remained dark, even in the fading evening light filtering through the green haze of leaves.

Uncertain what to say next, she reached for Sophie's glass. Sophie took a small sip, then held the flute out for Christie, not relinquishing it into her grasp, but holding it at the level of her lips to watch her take a drink of the pale gold effervescence. Christie's eyes widened in surprise, and then an understanding lit her eyes and she blushed.

Chills ran down Christie's spine as Sophie took the glass away, placing it on the wide ledge behind them. Deliberately, while still holding Christie's gaze, she reached up to remove Christie's hat, letting stray curls swing down to brush against her ears. Without a word, Sophie held the hat beside their faces for privacy, and then leaned in to give Christie a feather soft kiss. "I'm so glad you could come, Christie. I really wanted to see you again." Christie felt her blush deepen and closed her eyes.

Cool pressure of the flute's edge was placed against her lips for a second and she savored a taste of the fruity sweet beverage, eyes still closed as it was followed with a firmer kiss from Sophie. Each drink of champagne grew deeper; each kiss from Sophie a little more demanding. Suddenly, Christie found she'd drained the glass, lower lip quivering as she felt Sophie advance. She was still too bashful and uncertain to open her eyes, but Sophie's presence filled the little gazebo, the warmth and perfume of her skin enveloping Christie and making it hard for her to think.

"Your kisses are so sweet. I've been dreaming of you since the night I held you in my arms when Jacob made love to you, Christie. I haven't had a serious girl crush in weeks. And then I meet you..."

Christie shivered like a dew droplet preparing to fall into oblivion, but Sophie's arm was sure as she slid it under her hair, moving closer to press her lips to Christie's, still shielding them from prying eyes with Christie's hat. The sweet and intoxicating exchange washed over Christie in waves of hot need and cold terror. She didn't know what to think or what she should do. Only that what she was doing felt totally right and that Sophie tasted sweet as candy... But...

"Dahlia..." Christie gasped when Sophie's ardent kisses moved down her throat to the swell of her partially revealed right breast.

"She's the subject. You're the muse." Sophie breathed, laying the glass aside and taking Christie in her arms. "God, you're an angel, Christie. A beautiful fucking angel! How can Jacob stand not being constantly inside you every time he sees you?" Her lips returned to Christie's, and though the blonde shook with caution and confusion, she soon felt herself acquiescing with more than a good bit of curiosity to blame.

"So I said to her... I says, 'Janie, I don't go to work to put clothes in your closet every week. Some of that's got to go to groceries and what not, and she says..." A burst of robust male laughter rolled across the lawn followed by the closing of a door. Sophie reluctantly loosened her embrace on Christie, pulling away though her tongue was still eager to taste the blonde's kisses. Christie opened her eyes and Sophie was frowning, peering through the leaves at the men in suits who were tromping down the path that led to some of the newer sculptures.

"I suppose we'd better get back before they organize a search party." Sophie got to her feet, skirt brushing Christie's legs as she went to the doorway, taking a longing look at Christie before leaving the gazebo. "See you inside."

Christie began to shiver from the release of adrenalin flooding her body. She didn't want Sophie to leave. She longed for more kisses. Not because she was bicurious, she decided, but just because Sophie was that intriguing and enchanting. Something about her eyes when she was filled with pent up passion... Like a quiet storm lurking beneath the perfect and aloof goth visage she maintained. There was definitely a coolness and bit of distance to her if you didn't know her, but when she chose to open up and share her feelings, the allure of them was irresistible.

Distant chuckles echoed across the garden from the group of rowdy businessmen as Christie gathered Sophie's glass, leaving the shadowy paradise and returning to the garden path, righting her hat as she went.

Muted golden light and fluid conversation welcomed her back to the gallery. She went straight for the champagne, filling Sophie's glass, searching the crowd all the while. Her eyes fell on Jacob, who stood off in a corner with Sophie and Dahlia, all three appearing to be in the midst of a very interesting discussion judging from their faces. When his eyes met Christie's, he took Dahlia's hand and gently kissed her wrist, then stroked Sophie's cheek as he left them to greet her. She let him embrace her, not able to form words that would adequately describe her feelings. He kissed her brow, knocking her hat askew as they started to circulate among the paintings.

**

Darkness veiled the windows in blackness outside the gallery. Christie tried to pace herself with the champagne, but was in a right giddy state from all the glasses she'd enjoyed. The event here was winding to a close. Some of the guests were leaving to take the discussions to an upscale French restaurant at Dahlia's invitation, but Jacob, Christie, and surprisingly Sophie had politely declined.

"We need to get going." Jacob's voice rumbled through Christie as she leaned against him, his words stoking the fire of longing quickening between her legs. "Can we drop you home, Sophie?" Sophie wrapped up the final arrangements for the sale of one of her pieces, then turned to them, smiling with pride at the figure she'd arranged.

"That would be great. I got here with Dahlia and Thomas, so if you wouldn't mind?"

The night was warm. More so than Christie expected given the coolness of the day as they left the gallery, Sophie blowing kisses and giving profuse thanks to all those who'd attended, and quick hugs to those who'd purchased some of her work.

Jacob parked a couple blocks down, and though Christie made a gallant effort to keep up, the trip was proving rather treacherous in her condition and heels. Sophie slid alongside her, slipping an arm around her waist as they disappeared down a quiet side street to Jacob's car.

Jacob opened his door, and then went round to open the passenger's side door when Sophie tightened her grip on Christie's waist.

"Come on, darling. You can ride in the back with me." In the dim light, Jacob's eyes widened for an instant before he gave a curt nod and returned to the driver's side, deliberately taking slow steps and reminding himself that he needed to keep his eyes on the road.

Sophie slid in the back, moving Jacob's laptop and a couple folders aside to make room for Christie, who poured herself unsteadily into the back seat, catching the door as she went. The engine started and Faith and the Muse rolled in rich layers of haunting vocals, lush strings, and ghostly guitars over the car's occupants. Jacob tucked his recorder and thumb drive into his camera case, backing out onto the main street and racing just under the limit toward the outskirts of town, stealing furtive glances at the fantasy unfolding in the back seat.

He was one of the few who took note of both Christie and Sophie's absence, and while he entertained himself with notions of where they might have been, he didn't dare delude himself into thinking they were up to sexy mischief.

Yet as they stopped for a traffic light and he risked a glance in the rearview mirror, his pulse quickened as he watched Sophie gently stroking Christie's arm, whispering to her as her fingertips slid slowly up and down in a soothing rhythm. The light changed to green and Jacob hit the accelerator.

"Would you two like to come up for a drink?" Sophie's tone was soft and full of longing. "I've got a great local red chilling in the fridge." Christie was silent, intoxicated and uncertain.

"Sure. We could toast your success, Miss Marcus, artiest for hire," Jacob smiled, taking the side street that lead to Sophie's flat. "The paintings were gorgeous and I imagine it was great fun working with Dahlia."

They arrived at the expensive townhouses, Jacob parking in the corner space, getting out and walking around to open the door for the ladies. To his agonizing delight, Sophie got out first, taking both Christie's hands and helping her out of the car.

"Come on, love." Her murmur was soft against Christie's cheek, and Jacob moved to Christie's other side, helping her up the steps. "Let's have some wine."

Entering Sophie's large flat, Christie was captivated at first by the subtle seductive aesthetic Sophie employed in her décor and accents. The air smelled faintly of musky incense and roses. Every item, from the tall vase of peacock feathers to the black fedora casually left on the dark oak dining room table, exuded sultry femininity. Scarves were draped over a coat tree and there were unlit candles everywhere. The place was still and inviting as they all walked in and started toward the sofa.

Sophie slid out of her gauzy jacket and swathed it over the sofa, continuing to strip down until she was just in her skirt and corset, taking Christie's gloves and hat to place them on the table.

"Would either of you like some wine?" Stripped down from her heels and lace, Sophie was diminutive in stature but possessed such a presence that Christie felt it fill up the room.

"No thank you." Christie didn't think another drink was a good idea, but Jacob accepted Sophie's offer.

With the familiarity of an old friend, Jacob went over to Sophie's stereo to put on some music, then returned to Christie, perching her on his lap and smiling at the way she fell against him.

Christie was doing her best not to betray her drunkenness, glancing around the dimly lit living room for anything to start a conversation. The album Jacob selected was sexy with a languorous beat and sultry singer. She spied a dramatic black and white photo in a simple black frame and leaned in for a closer look.

In it, Sophie stood in an impossibly sexy pose, clad in the most decadent belly dancing outfit she'd ever seen, even down to her theatrically dark make up, ornate ankle bracelets, and the overall vampy... or was it goth... aesthetic. Jacob followed his love's eyes and let out a soft laugh.

"Soph?" he called, trailing a hand down Christie's back. "Christie found your photo from that gothic belly dance event last fall." A melodious laugh drifted out of the kitchen. "If you want to seduce her, you could get out the DVD."

"You're such a brute." Sophie breathed, returning to them with an uncorked bottle and three glasses. "Do you hear that, Christie love? It's the sound of ulterior motive sneaking up on us. Behave and drink your wine, Jacob."

"May I?" Jacob's fingertips traced the nape of Christie's neck before hesitating at the pins that held her hair in place. She nodded and he pulled them free, lost in the silk and perfume of her tresses when they tumbled down her back. All three sipped their wine, each lost in their own private thoughts, but all suspecting they were sharing the same tangle of feelings.

"There were some fantastic dancers the night Jacob and I met at the Greek fest." Christie began in an effort to break the lull, hoping she didn't begin to slur. "It's such an earthy and realistic form of dance. I mean I love ballet, but when I watch it, I just think of pixies floating in a garden. Belly dance is so... So here and irresistible." A soft sparkle glittered in Sophie's eyes as she stood up, quickly sliding the coffee table aside.

"Come on. I'll teach you."

"Oh no... I've had a bit too much to drink for that tonight."

"Bullshit." Sophie lifted a brow in casual disregard. "On your feet, darling."

Between the fade from one track to another, Sophie helped Christie out of her shoes and stood before her, back to Jacob, as she began to model moves. Christie's cheeks were bright red, but she tentatively put her arms out, following Sophie's lead.

"This would be better if we had the right clothes, but you've got a natural rhythm and grace, Christie. You were totally built for this. A couple ankle chains, a coin bra, and a bit of practice would make you totally unstoppable."

Jacob sipped his wine, feeling the warmth of their bonding as it expanded to fill the room. The gentle urging from Sophie with an odd touch to reposition Christie's arms was thrilling.

This charged reality was superimposed over all the memories of the endless foreplay and fucking of Sophie he'd done in every room of this place over the past few years. He closed his eyes, lost in recollections of Sophie practicing upcoming routines for various performances with her friends from the troupe, her electric presence drawing his eye and making him forget about anything and anyone else. She knew her every movement went straight to his loins, and would only offer a teasing smile before turning to work on a routine with the girls, usually Shea or the luscious Gabrielle. Even when she tried to be disciplined and strictly dance for him when they were alone, the moment always ended with either of them on their knees. Just thinking about it caused his blood to warm and heart to race. The music didn't help. It was so full of want, lust, and desperate desire he began to wonder if he'd chosen the wrong album to keep things from ending in a similar fashion. He owned a copy himself and knew he'd never see it the same way again.

"Beautiful!" Sophie exclaimed as Christie swayed and undulated in her ladylike silk. "But when you come down like this..." Sophie's hands went to Christie's hips and pulled her into a deeper grind. "You want to really work your abs and put your hips into it like you're giving the best fuck of your life." Then she looked up, totally lost in their dancing to the point of forgetting Jacob's silent sprawl on her sofa. "Oh shit! Okay... I'm going to get you into trouble."

Christie laughed, aware of every inch of her flesh, exposed or otherwise, and also aware of the stunning vitality and playfulness in Sophie's eyes. She swayed to the rhythm, arching her back to thrust her breasts out a bit as they danced, matching each other's movements as their eyes met. And as she watched, Sophie took a couple strides closer without breaking her rhythm to stand a mere few inches from her dance partner.

Distorted guitars and vocals grew in intensity as they paused, eye to eye. The beat surrounded them. Enticed them. But Christie felt almost sick with equal parts fear and lust. Sophie was beautiful like a modern china doll. Lips so full and succulent that Christie couldn't help recalling how amazing it had been to kiss her in the gazebo or feel her fingertips upon her skin. Her diamond nose stud caught the light and sparkled for an instant as she tossed her hair behind her shoulders, studying Christie's expression through the long black fringe of her lashes.

Sophie stood still and tense, watching the inner battle behind Christie's eyes. She wouldn't push it. She would not make Christie do something she didn't want to do. But angels in heaven, she wanted to touch her. To run her lips over Christie's teasing cleavage and trace the shape of her waist and hips beneath the dress. And at last, when the war was won and Christie's mouth parted in terrified anticipation, she was there to catch her as she fell to all the hunger and need that washed over her in waves.

They moved together in silence, clasping hands as they joined and Sophie's lips brushed Christie's throat.

"I'm so glad you came to me," she murmured, lips racing down Christie's tilted jaw to her throat. "Am I the first girl to kiss you, Christie?" The blonde nodded, hips still swaying to the music. "Oh God... A virgin girl..." Sophie moaned softly, letting go of Christie's trembling hands to wrap her in a tight embrace as their lips met.