All Comments on 'Good Neighbor Ch. 04'

by Ken Nitsua

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Story!

Wished that they had gotten together, but your ending was good also. It just wasn't meant to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
So sad

to waste a good porn story on something closer to actual life. Anyway, duties to one's children trump recreational sex every day, whether adulterous FM or adulterous MM. Not all obligations are equal. But this. too, is serious so let's get back to good porn, Mr. Nitsua, and keep the kids out of the picture. Porn is for the inner beast, not the social and responsible man inside us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

What a pleasant change to read a story with real people whose sex lives have something to do with their identities rather than inserting tabs into slots with no meaning. (Or in other words, I'm thrilled to read erotica rather than porn without plot for a change.) Hope to read more from you.

31133113over 17 years ago
Solid Ending

You carried the stablity theme on through, and I, for one, applaud you for it. In the end, the true story here is how Rob learns about himself, which is that he didn't just want Marsh. He wanted what Marsh had, the home, the partner, the family--whatever that family may be.

And he realized, as we all need to, that there's no getting such things if we're dishonest with ourselves, or go after those who are dishonest with themselves. He realized, in those immortal words, that what he was after was in his backyard all along. I like that very much about your stories, Ken, that people transform, often through pain, but rarely by way of earthquakes or ephiphanies. They learn, transform, and sometimes, find contentment. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
It just doesn't get better

than your stories...the emotions and feelings flowing throughout make them so real. Please write more!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
tat was great!

really touched a cord with some of the things in my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
real

Hi:

I really liked this series. The erotic content was very good, but what made this story stand was the emotional response at the end. I felt the melancholy of the protagonist. Hell, I wanted to give him a hug. I had sympathy for Marsh as well, since his experiences more closely mirror (single parent). Excellent job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

This was a wonderful story, inhabited with real people, having real emotions.

I can totally relate to it, for the exact same thing happened to me, and it brought back the same bittersweet memories.

On a bright note, though, I did wind up with my own Stan, and we're still together, thirty-seven years later, so this story has its own happy ending.

Keep writing, and I look forward to seeing a full length novel someday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I hate it xP

It was damn well written, but ending doesn't really work for me :( Marsh is such an idiot!!! It's only a story but I still really wanna throw my laptop across the room, LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Damn

How can I say this? Something like that happened to me.

Marsh is an idiot, damn!!!!!

Well at least Stan is a good guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
still a great story

you're a great writer. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Hooray for Stan!

I was so glad to see that he ended up with Stan, running around with a married man just seemed too idiotic for this character.

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveover 12 years ago
Sheesh!

Marshall is some kind of bastard. He deliberately reels Rob in, letting him see a taste of the life and family Rob would never have with him, knowing he was going to just kick Rob straight out after a week. Then, after Rob has pulled it together and found a life of his own, some peace with someone who loves him, Marshall just can't help himself by hunting Rob down and telling him 'oh, guess what, I really *am* gay after all, I just didn't want to go the distance with you, and by the way, here's a photo of me and my *real* boyfriend, who i happen to be deliriously happy with. I hope you'll forgive me for treating you like the shit beneath my heel'. Marshall can't just leave well enough alone, he's got to go looking for forgiveness to ease the weight of his guilt. That just pisses me off. Stan was such a good man from the beginning. It's a pity Rob couldn't have rubbed his relationship with Stan in Marshall's face while he still lived next door. Marsh deserved a taste of his own medicine! Just goes to show: good looks does not equal good character, courage and honour.

PaulVazzoPaulVazzoalmost 12 years ago
Damn!

I'm a divorced gay guy in my early 50's with three kids who met this married guy in his early 30"s with two kids. After 5 months living together he went back to his wife not because he loved her, but missed his kids. It's almost the same story here.

fithotguyfithotguyabout 11 years ago
WOW

big reader of gay romances...tell me ur published on Kindle ereader: great story; What is so cool is that Stan waited for Rob because he was married and knew how it would go with Marsh; Marsh wasnt meant for Rob; but his marraige was doomed; such a bittersweet ending. Guy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ken, great story!

On your recommendation, Ken, I read this story series after encountering Rob and Stan in "Well Built," and I am very glad that you steered me to this story series. I kept hoping all along that Rob would go back to Stan -- Stan, after all, was the guy who really loved Rob all along. Marshall came with too many restrictions, too much other baggage, and yes, while sex with Marsh may have been exciting and hot and furious, Rob knew it was temporary. It was still Stan who provided the comfortable loving sex and happy home, and "buffer" when something didn't work out for Rob and Marsh. Stan is so genuinely great-- a great catch, with handsome features, blonde chest hair, stamina, and a commitment to Rob. That's why I am also glad Stan moved in with Rob -- they SOOOOOO belong together.

And Stan is the handsome, hairy man with the gorgeous blond chest hair-- his hairy chest must seem like such a "happy landing" and comfort zone for Rob. That muscular masculine chest is just the place for Rob to curl up in and find a warm spot in Stan's heart. I can see them making happy love together for years and years. Their love is so warm and tender and genuine, it could never match Marsh's.

Thanks for the great story. I cried when the ending came! You're a good writer! Keep this craft going!

eagerforfuneagerforfunover 10 years ago
Beautiful.

I, too was taken by "Well Built" and wanted more. Excellent writing! Having been in two similar situations, I was mesmerized by the flood of emotions you so accurately portrayed. Both of my experiences were intense. I remain friends with one, the other has sadly passed away. The damage to families can be devastating, as was my case. I wish I had stayed away from them, but I was like a moth to a flame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!

If I were Rob I would reply his e mail n give him a piece of my mind... if he never divorce his wife then its understandable I mean his treatment of Rob but he didn't he came out for some one else. Its like rubbing salt to injury (Rob's). Considering divorce while he still lives in as a neighbour...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
UNSATISFYING

It should be Rob and Marsh in the end. I'm not satisfied with the outcome. He feel in love with Marsh then in the end he will not be the partnered with him? And stan? I hate it...It was good story though...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Audrey

Probably she wondered if Marsh had been involved with Rob ... Although, Rob was better off with his real love, Stan as more free and happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Enjoyed this sad story.

I thought Marsh was portrayed as a total player and I felt he had little feeling for anyone but himself. He was simply killing time until the right man came along.

Audrey was the nicer person of the two and the child was loved by her.

Rob was a lonely and sad man and was used. Stan is the right guy for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of the ending. Preferred for it to keep going with Marsh.

But the other parts are fantastic!

Texland1Texland1over 4 years ago
Rob

Rob acted like a girl. I have dated married me. You ha e to deal with like what it is an affAir. He most likely got married out of social pressure. Understand how daddy it is and his mixed feelings if he had just went with the flow Rob would ha e been off

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

Quite the emotional roller coaster here, Ken. So very well written and developed. My favorite of your stories that I've read so far. Five Stars...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ugh! Enough with the depressing endings. Anticlimactic as fuck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKen Nitsua@Ken Nitsua
Thanks for your continued support and feedback after all of this time. I’m still trying to write and hope to add more stories in the coming months. The Steelman Tales, a full-length novel, is now available as a Kindle book from Amazon. It incorporates five stories that were f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES