All Comments on 'Grandma's House'

by Jenny_Jackson

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Lovely Story!

While at a funeral the sweet remembrances flow of loving Grandparents deceased. Anyone who has ever had Grandparents so loving will relate - and enjoy! Sweet Read! A Winner!

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 17 years ago
Your story

Has been mentioned in the New Story Reviews thread on the Lit forum (Author's Hangout).

walkingeaglewalkingeagleover 17 years ago
Jenny this is very good!

Jenny this is a wonderful tribute to your grandparents, and to lifes journey!

Great job!

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerover 17 years ago
Impressive

A very moving tribute, Jenny. Some wonderful, yet bittersweet memories you've shared. I can picture them, their home and the family. There is a deep sense of loss in the piece, but one of comfort as well. You were lucky to have them in your life.

angelicminxangelicminxover 17 years ago
Sweet

and touching reminiscence of loving grandparents. You've painted a beautiful picture, Jenny. Thank you for sharing. ~Minx

sacksackover 17 years ago
"less is more"...

In only a few short paragraphs, you've painted a vivid portrait of your grandparents and the "strange" feelings one has when they go back to a house that really isn't "home' anymore. Sincere and heartfelt, and a model of concise writing.

amicusamicusabout 17 years ago
Excellent! Moving and nostalgic.

Excellent and shorter than I thought, Jenny, very nicely done.

There were several things one could mention as one of the things that makes a story memorable and real to a reader.

There is of course the Rose of Sharon plant and the memories of childhood, all well presented.

The one that struck me as more real was the description of the Fried chicken dinner, with mashed potatos, corn and white gravy, heavily peppered; I think a whole generations of Grandma's cooked that way, I know mine did.

Thank you for a lovely and sensitive presentation of a part of life that seldom gets a fair treatment.

amicus...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous