All Comments on 'Grief'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 777 Comments (Page 7)
SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 years ago

Your best work ...

No1_OfConsequenceNo1_OfConsequenceabout 2 years ago

Most marriages do not long survive the loss of a child. Even in a case such as this when there is plenty of time to come to terms with the possibility. Thank you for writing such a story and for the second chance they gave one another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely brutal. The pain and tragedy in this story are thick enough to choke anyone up, everywhere you look. Sobering indeed to think that everyday someone is living this reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm so very happy that I got to read this wonderful story. I cried for their pain and for their happiness. What an author, one of the best. Lit readers should be made aware of and be thankful for his quality. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is sweet and bitter. Then sour and at last sweet again. Devastating, then a miracle. Thank you.

sennodensennodenabout 2 years ago

This might just be the best story on the site. Not saying it is, but it wouldn't surprise me. Bravo

Ohman1963Ohman1963about 2 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 2 years ago

I'm not crying, you're crying!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
The marital problems

Started when Marilyn sought solace outside of her marriage, instead of turning to her husband. At that point, John became a worm in her ear, poisoning her against her husband, making her believe John was doing more to help their child than her husband was. Ray's anger at this betrayal just pushed them further apart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
John

Was a piece of shit. He used Marilyn's grief as a tool to ingratiate himself into her life and to try and come between her and her husband. I hope he gets what he deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If this is a sample of what te author can produce, what shame there are only 11 stories

loveofmyLife75loveofmyLife75about 2 years ago

I have added you to my Favorites. Personnely It could be a true story. And not make belive. As for your position at 40.

You should be at NUMBER 1. I loved every word of it. I wish I could write like you. Going to find aother story of yours sooner the better for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If you use this as a benchmark for 5*, you won't get more than 2* for any other story. Outstanding!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

misery nothing but misery I skipped chapters just to get to the end. Is there not enough misery in the world you have to add to it . Good bye.

xhristianjxhristianjabout 2 years ago

For fucks sake really so after multi years of hatred they miraculously come together in a surreal moment of reconciliation sorry mate that simply stretches the bounds of credulity to the IMPOSSIBLE.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Riveting. The worst possible experience is losing a child to cancer. Special place in heaven for the parent who survive this horendous ordeal. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Up until the ending it was 4*s . No marriage will survive 5 years without conjugal interactions. But the "ME" in Rachel's drawing really caught me off guard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The coupling wasn't so much sex as two people at the crossroads - break completely or draw back together as one. An inspiring and tender story, thank you oshaw.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a fantastic story, well written and very moving I had to take a few minutes before I could attempt to comment.

Well done and keep up the great tales

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

Wonderful story I just cried

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved this story the first time I read it many months ago. Loved it even more now.

KaeYo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kick the demented bitch to the curb as quickly as possible

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 2 years ago

Well written, but next time warn me the story is going to be overwhelmingly sad. No deaths, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The emotional entanglements scared me as much or more than a physical incident. Made me cry, but nice to have a somewhat happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Exceptional craftsmanship from this author. He is a fine writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow...what a story....hard to criticise the emotional cheating amidst all the trauma

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 2 years ago

Sometimes you get it right.

DMC2671DMC2671almost 2 years ago

Lovely story and Beautifully written. It made me hug my little boy just that bit tighter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have never read such an astonishing and emotionally powerful short story. The powerful feelings i felt were extraordinary. I love this story and i belive you are an amazingly powerful writer. If you had a editor to check it then you wouldn't be on a new level, i believe you could create your own level to write from. This is sich an amazing story and i cried reading this. Thank you so much.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

Good writing, good story.

Oshaw, you have my gratitude for writing and sharing this story.

I can't relate to either characters though.

I understand the pain they went through. It's not a good enough reason to pile up more pain on each other.

I like that they got their shit sorted out in the end.

But for a long while they weren't good for each other.

I don't know that I would have let things slide to such a degree if I were in the husband's place.

And, the wife didn't help any.

Poignant story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jfc, that was brutal and beautiful. Didn't expect to sob when i started reading...

AqualungbbAqualungbbalmost 2 years ago

Easily the best story I’ve read on here.

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cried...cried...cried...ohhh...😭😭😭❤️

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

This is a writer! A teller of stories that draw you in and make you feel them. It makes 95% of the lame posters in 2022 LW look like the hacks that they are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555!!!!! QuickMagazine has been hitting the tissues from mid-page 4 through now. "Another Loss" by Jidoka comes to mind, though oshaw created a much more moving story. One in which the couple found their way back, because Rachel knew everything. What a loss to LW that, for whatever reason, oshaw stopped at K.

eljjeljjalmost 2 years ago
You are an absolute genius

20 million stars! If this story doesn't touch you then you have no heart. This really described how people feel when they lose a loved one to that damn cancer. I was married 35 years and I lost my angel. My bride died of ovarian cancer. If you know anyone that has cancer then please show them all the love you can.

eljjeljjalmost 2 years ago
You are an absolute genius

20 million stars! If this story doesn't touch you then you have no heart. This really described how people feel when they lose a loved one to that damn cancer. I was married 35 years and I lost my angel. My bride died of ovarian cancer. If you know anyone that has cancer then please show them all the love you can.

mtr1gomtr1goalmost 2 years ago

I’m a 57 year old male, damnit! I should NOT be crying!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Marilyn the cunt got off easily

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

God damnit. The feels.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The sex scene between the couple on the same day they buried their child was unrealistic. The hadn't been intimate with each other for more than a year. Marilyn was involved with John in an emotional affair and flaunted it in Ray's face and was constantly demeaning Ray. The gulf of separation between Marilyn and Ray was too great for a believable reconciliation. They were only still together in the same house because of Rachel.With Rachel dead Marilyn and Ray were truly alone and there was no more glue to hold them together. Marilyn cry of dread was only because she only then realized that she faced a future of being alone and that there was no true future with her emotional affair partner John. Statistics for affair partners are against them. Less than 2-3 percent of affair partner actually end up marrying each other. Of those marriages of affair partners most fail in less than five years.

While most loved the Hallmark movie ending, the idea of Marilyn and Ray staying together after Rachel's death is more fantasy then fact. Statistically, 80% of marriages end in divorce following the loss of a child. Considering the state of Ray and Marilyn's marriage at the time of her death their marriage would have more likely ended in divorce than survived.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bloody hell mate, I’m in tears.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a 10STAR story and to the neighsayer you have simply never expieranced making love while grieving, it is an amazing sole sharing thing. Also they never truly fell out of love with each other they just were unable to process it, and reading a note or seeing a picture left behind by someone who has passed away....... the power and emotion is beyond anything you can concieve, only those who have expierianced it understand.

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150almost 2 years ago

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Anonymous 10 star below is exactly right, I wish she would use his or her name so I could praise the comment properly.

LeontheKingLeontheKingalmost 2 years ago

Loved this on the second reading loved it even more

Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Outstanding

That is all I can say

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* Stunning. Beautifully written with the growing stress between Marilyn and Ray who so nearly lose one another, as well as losing Rachel, being pulled back together by her. A real tear-jerker..

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[27.08.22]

Beautiful story - Beautifully written!

11/10!!!!!

Stargazer5154Stargazer5154over 1 year ago

Damn you! Your story brought tears to my eyes. Great job.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Beautiful story, heartbreaking, sobbing here.

Texasboy87Texasboy87over 1 year ago

A beautiful story. It was also a very emotional story. I would give you 10 stars if I could. It should be required reading for counselors that deal with parents of children that have cancer.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 1 year ago

Very well written, emotional, sad, sensitive piece. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that it had me in floods of tears...especially at the end of page four, and though to the end of the story.

Too often in real life situations such as this, and those similar to it, end in sadness and despair. As I’ve said many times while commenting on LW stories, I’m a sucker for a happy ending. I’d so glad that this one had that.

My congratulations to you for this posting.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

I’ve read this story before, it’s still excellent. Every parent’s nightmare, and the stress on their marriage. Outstanding writing.

The biggest part, though, is what Ray noted much earlier: Marilyn confided intimate details beyond their marriage, to Ray’s exclusion. He reacted badly, but tried to survive. They both need help, counseling about setting and maintaining boundaries; and to not let stuff fester.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story!! But just my view that the skank Marilyn didn't suffer enough for her emotional entanglement with John!!

Her 'cheating' was worse than his with Karen!!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Wonderful story written well with the appropriate emotion and final reconciliation, I just loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A perfect story, perfectly presented. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THE "to-be-read-and-reread-and-again" story on Literotica ... finally, came across THE one that justified my reading through this site over the years!! 5*'s is just so infinitisimal.......

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I'm going to be blunt Marriage is not sacrosanct as in ending a marriage is not going to see the plagues of Egypt come into existence.

Marilyn as a character was entirely unlikable her narcissistic personality shown through on multiple occasions and numerous instances. One of the biggest reasons for marital infidelity is a lack of respect and to be honest Marilyn showed little respect or even common courtesy to her husband.

He should of left her to John or whoever

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

5* for this gripping heartbreaking story. Everything pales against the loss of a child. To assess blame for the decay of a relationship in such a situation shows lack of humanity

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Crying like a baby. What a powerful story. With a happy (and sad) ending. 5 stars for moving me like that

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

I didn’t like it but could not stop reading, what a wonderful story with a great ending. As usual “well done” you are a great talent.

lerenardruselerenardruseover 1 year ago

I cried, what a sad and happy story. Real life is like that, sadness mixed with hapiness. I will reread this again and again. You are a gifted author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh boy... that story just melted my heart....

There is not enough stars...

Thank you for the amazing emotions!

I hope you are well and have a good life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I read this quite sometime ago, then as now it stired up some dust that caused my eyes to water. It was a wonderful story about a terrible subject. I do feel the long sex scene was not necessary to the story, but this is an erotic story site so some authors feel it necessary to include some erroticism. There are many stories even in this LW section that have little or no sex in them and are quite good. 5 stars for all your hard work and kudos to any editors or beta readers involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If I could put 10 stars on this story, I would wholeheartedly. Extraordinary. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am crying now

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. That was a great story. I cried. In fact I had to keep wiping away my tears to read the end and I am a 62 year old guy. Really pulls at your heartstrings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Crying my eyes out. Great story

PrefshavenPrefshavenover 1 year ago

Thank you for this emotional story. It was beautiful.

dutchcan2dutchcan2over 1 year ago

One hell of a story I can relate to the thought that a parent should never have to bury a child We did and although it was 50 years ago it still seems like yesterday I hope more Parents can recover or accept as these did very quickly after the event it took us in excess of 6 months to find a reasoble level of acceptance and continue

lerenardruselerenardruseover 1 year ago

I cry everytime I read this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1 million Stars and more. I can't stop crying. Nothing is worse than a suffering child. Thank you Oshaw. Just the best.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Très belle histoire mais ce connard de John méritait une bonne raclée pour avoir profité du désarroi d'une femme de surcroît mariée.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5*******************************************

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WHAT, ONLY 5 STARS!!!!!! Not a dry eye in the house.

ewray321ewray321over 1 year ago

Second time I have read this. Cried both tomes.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

A wonderful story. It made this 83 yo man cry. I lost my wife

50 years ago due to mental health issues which

also badly affected my relationship with my children.

Two years ago I met a woman on the internet and although we have yet to meet in person it promises to be what I have been looking for ever since we split up and divorced.

tomol111tomol111over 1 year ago

You’re a genius! And so talented! If you’re an author I’d buy all your books … please start writting again …

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Great work. An emotional roller coaster, well-written, perfectly

-paced. I stopped several times to cry. Love the surprise ending. I cried again.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorldover 1 year ago

No complaints, I lost both of my angels, to divorce and then to war, both followed me into the Army and then the Rangers.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Very well written, a lot of emotional weight because of the subject, and deserves 5stars

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A story with so much potential left unfulfilled.

From the first line of the story, where silence "consumed the attention of the couple in the vehicle."

Huh?

Using Marilyn's height (5'10") as an excuse for her isolation at school? If she is half as beautiful as described, that would never stop most high school or college guys from approaching her. It may stop a few, but not most.

My first real girlfriend was almost two inches taller than me, (I'm 6'1") and her beauty was the thing that made me hesitate/uncomfortable initially. Her personality defused any discomfort minutes after we met. The only reason Marilyn didn't have dates to prom would be her. Case closed.

If she had little or no experience with boys, how would she know "that he was desperate to keep the conversation going with her" (Page 2) instead of thinking "he wants to get away from me" which would be the more logical conclusion based on her character development at that time?

When did the courtesy of pulling out a chair for a woman make you a chauvinist or second class citizen?

It's not what you do, it's how you do it. If you use it as an excuse to look over her shoulder to leer at any cleavage or leg that may be exposed, (yeah, she'll know) you are both of those things. Otherwise, you are polite with good manners. I have never received a negative comment from a woman for holding chairs, doors, or any other act of courtesy and respect. If it had happened, it would have been a very short date.

Again from page 2 concerning Ray's jacket, "Now she was hoping that she was being claimed." WTF!!

As far as Ray's friends, what kind of douche bags are they? Talking about Ray breaking her in before they get a turn? Without at least a few probing questions to find out if he liked her or not? Or how much?

When you insult a woman, you insult the man she's with. Period. The first guy would have been on his ass, the rest would learn the easy way, or the hard way.

To shallow to get to the core and too over the top to be possible.

Having read a couple of stories by the author, this appears to be a recurring theme.

Having read several comments, from my perspective, folks are getting hung up on the potential of what could be a truly heart wrenching story (a child dying from cancer), and overlooking how it is told.

The only thing missing is "Once upon a time..." and "They lived happily ever after."

FYI, a little over a year ago, I lost a friend (my first) of 47 years to pancreatic cancer.

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Damn allergies, every time I read this!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Wow!

Powerful story telling!

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 1 year ago

Shit, that last page was hard to get through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's an exceptional piece.

I've been in relationships where silence consumed the attention. It reminds me of the song sound of silence.

When words spoken in anger are replaced with words unspoken, and then you crave the silence more than the voice of the other. It can become a palpable thing. It is rare that silence is void of conversation, more that the silence is merely filled with conversations in your own head and the argument is fought out with charactures of your own making.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Revisit after a while, broke my heart, first time, just as powerful now. 5*

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Read it again. Crying again. So heart-rending and touching. Where there is Love, there is Hope.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Grief is a powerful emotion. It destroys everything in its path. Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Our youngest got pancreatitis, the night he went into hospital the doctors said to prepare ourselves he was not expected to survive the night. My wife and l literally collapsed.

So horrible, so devastating…………

5/5

MaultascheMaultascheabout 1 year ago

I read it several times and still cry at the end. A sad but wonderful story of love.

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous