Guarded Hearts Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Katie." He said his voice deep and husky.

She nodded and he smiled flashing straight white teeth.

She then reached over to touch his chest then tapped it. Wanting to hear his name. He said it but it sounded like gibberish to her. He watched her and seemed to understand that his name would be beyond her and to be honest he didn't really want that name any more.

She touched his chest, "Ghost." she told him hoping he wouldn't mind too much to the English version of his name, the ancient version sounded much prettier. The phone rang making him jump and bare his teeth. Katie held her hands out to calm him. She went over to the phone and lifted the receiver. "Katie speaking."

"Hi Katie." Mary said relieved to have gotten her. "Dawson's bringing in a dog that he found on the side of the road, looks like it was hit he said."

Katie nodded, "I'll be there in ten. Prep the operating room for me." She hung up and went to find someone to stay with Ghost. He followed her having caught her concern in her body language.

"Take him with you." Nathanael told her coming out of the sitting room. "He'll be anxious and riled up if you leave him behind," he warned.

"Will it be safe to take him... after you know..." She said.

"He will be safe, he's immortal remember." He told her.

Katie turned and looked at Ghost who was watching them both carefully. "Well, I can get him some more clothes and something better than slippers while we're out." She said conceding to Nathanael's reasoning.

Nathanael dug out a card from his wallet and wrote the pin on Katie's forearm disguised as a phone number. "Last five numbers." He told her, "Anything you buy for him put it on this card, it's a pack bank card, we'll take care of his expenses."

Katie nodded and slid it into her wallet. She smiled at Nathanael then grabbed Ghost's arm and led him away.