All Comments on 'Guilt'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well done!!

I really enjoyed your story. I will admit that the miscarriage felt a little much, but it still flowed. I liked the characters and I appreciated both the love between the main characters and the guilt they both heaped on themself. Truth is that this story felt more real than so very many. You accomplished a lot in a few words, the mark of a good short story writer. I look forward to your next story.

M

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Liked it

Good spin on the story. I think this plot is a lot more common than most of the loving wives stories are, in that it's the husband that strays and the wife that takes him back. Now to really fit into this genre he should have cheated on her with a black woman!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice Story

Hopefully he only needs one second chance, thanks.

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
Very beautiful

Thank you for sharing your story!

FrauenverehrerFrauenverehreralmost 15 years ago
Just beautiful!

Once more, I am in love with your story. So well written, so beautiful crafted. You are a natural. Thanks so much for your stories. I really, really enjoy them:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Where are?

I guess it is because of the category, but there is not a small multitude complaining about someone being given a second chance.

A good story, with realistic charactors.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Pennlady? This was very,very nice.

Yes this could have been set in the loving wives section. Although of course it really should be in the loving boyfriend section. Anyway you are a very good writer. I wish I could write about characters having emotions like these two have. I will never get close. Anyway great story about real people who make real mistakes in their life. And to an old romantic like me I thought the ending was very nice. Good Job.

Regards

GW

starscapestarscapealmost 15 years ago
Very nicely done

Sometimes people make foolish choices and the answer to how a couple deals with infidelity is not always so cut and dry. Kudos for taking on a sensitive subject.

shangoshangoalmost 15 years ago
Good writing

But like a lot of Lit Scribes, you set up a reconciliation, but you didn't tell us why. He's 31 and a child. So why should this great lady want his juvenile ass?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
heartwarming.

That was heartwarmingly beautiful.

a job well done.

SecretFantasy69SecretFantasy69almost 15 years ago
Lovely...just lovely...

How romantic. Beautiful and now I'm running out of adjectives. Lol. Greattt!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
NIce

They need to have more stories like this!

ohioohioover 14 years ago
A very sweet story

and beautifully written. Thank you! ohio

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years ago
Sweet and beautiful

I've been there. Your writing is lovely. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Beautiful

This was an amazing read. You're a wonderful author. I truly love reading your stories. Please keep writing!

kathryn08kathryn08about 14 years ago
Room for more?

As always, I'm wanting more! This could be another great one to add to if you ever get bored :)

DannyDieselDannyDieselabout 14 years ago
Beuatiful

Lovely story.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 14 years ago
Great Story

What a beautiful lesson in forgivness....

Gerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I generally hate cheating stories but this one is so different than the usual fare, this one tugs at your heartstrings and won't let go. I wanted to hate Kevin but you crafted it in a way where I actually found myself hoping he got his second chance. And well Lana, I felt for her throughout the entire story. Excellent work and I look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Weeell,...

I love your writing ~ I just cant get passed the cheating.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
I despise cheating...

still, this we a very well written story. If I am disapointed with anything, its that I feel she was a weak individual. But that's real life. I had a sister that was married three times to three bastards.

She was weak and just seemed to need a man in her life.

That is what I thought about when I read this story. The character had too many doubts that she caused his cheating. No one can ever make someone cheat.

Good romance stories should elicit strong emotions and this one certain filled the bill.

No one says that everyone is going to have the same feelings. Life experience and personality determine how we react.

Great job!

I don't think its a five, but it is certain better than a four... so five it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One of the best stories on here...

Even though I HATE when people cheat, it still turns me on at a point and the apologizing makes it even better afterwards. This story has got to be the best ones I have ever read on here. Thank you so much for posting this and I'm glad that I found and read it. <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
He is shit

Cheaters deserve no second chances.

You're writing is beautiful, but I hate him. He doesn't deserve her or the happiness she offers. She is weak for taking him back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really made me think of what I would do...

Would I give someone a second chance in a relationship that was not declared open?

Curious if this character learned his lesson about knowing how to treat people you love.

Thanks for a story that made me ponder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This story made me cry.

This story tugged at my heart strings. I don't know how she could blame herself or forgive him so easily. If I was her I would be worried that he would cheat again when things got rough. It's been my experience that once a cheater always a cheater. Cheaters are weak people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
well that was a good lesson in love overcoming adversity

very sad that she lost her baby and suffered afterwards but so glad she was able to forgive him as she was obviously still in love with him.....looking at events he was annoyed the planned weekend away was cancelled by her so he took it out on her by having an affair.....but in the end she was able to forgive him....if only others would do the same it would save a lot of heart ache.....we are taught to forgive others just as we are taught that love is the most important thing....you cannot go on hating people for ever....Refusing to forgive is a sin. If we receive forgiveness from God, we must give it to others who hurt us. We cannot hold grudges or seek revenge. We are to trust God for justice and forgive the person who offended us.....The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread......they were both so in love that they knew it would overcome what happened between them....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I really appreciate your story ... Excellent job !

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
I'm of two minds about this one

I know that they aren't legally married yet, but they lived as if they were so I believe fidelity is just as important as it would be were they married. Lana is taking a huge risk letting such an immature cheater back into her life! I know he was so disappointed about their WEEKEND (LOL) and she feels guilty about canceling (again LOL) but that may be the most pitiful excuse for cheating I've ever heard! She should have quit while she was ahead. Guess I wasn't as conflicted as I thought.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Love Wins Out

- I suppose it took almost losing her because he cheated, to realize just how much she really meant to him. The miscarriage and then serious infection served to underscore just how fragile life,and love could be.

- A deeper love,and need for each other realized,you certainly have to believe that their relationship will always be appreciated and never taken for granted.

- A wonderful story,surely worthy of a 5+.

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
Very nice story...

BUT he will cheat again given the opportunity. They always do

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Didn't click for me

I despise infidelity. She accepted him so readily. She's so weak and dependent. Blind love. Too risky to take a guy like that back. She deserves more. And I know what I'm talking about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Maybe he did screw up, but she was living with Tom now. Maybe they played around?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lana was a bitch before Kevin cheated!

Lana was ignoring Kevin’s sexual needs just because she was Impregnated by him. What do you expect a guy to do just sit there wackingoff waiting for her to get her act together!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
loved the story but what about Tom?

She is living with Tom now so what happens when he comes home from his night out? How does Kevin react when Tom comes in or how does Tom react when he finds her in bed with Kevin? Yes, it was said many times that Tom is just a friend but he loves Lana and does not like Kevin and Kevin will still be suspicious of Tom.

Going forward this is a huge stress on their marriage as no doubt Tom will fill Lana mind with Shit and sooner or later Kevin will question her time spent with Tom.

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago

Kevin needs to be vary wary of this Tom guy. He looks like a snake-in-the-grass just waiting to grab Lana for himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenters below: they aren't married. They aren't even engaged. Kevin still was an asshole and cheated on her while exclusive and Lana was all ready to let him back if he apologized. The miscarriage was of their baby. Tom has a crush on her and is a cousin back from deployment. He loves Lana and wishes for more but knows she is deeply in love with Kevin. He doesn't like Kevin but doesn't appear to hate him. He is staying at her place to help her after she was in the hospital. There is no indication he is a bad guy. And he can't be a threat to their marriage because they are NOT married!

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Well written but the two MCs are all kinds of messed up

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Suddenly Lana became Tom's cousin...how fucking convenient!!

Kevin should fund his balls and find someone else while the bitch Lana can hang onto her best friend Tom

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Seriously the bitch Lana is closer and was closer to Tom. She didn't even tell him about the hospital visit!! The asshole Tom is staying with her!! Seriously Kevin fucking move on and away from the cunt Lana

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
1732 Followers
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...