All Comments on 'Haitian Americans in Canada'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Go back home

If we are so bad - go back to the excited states. If I met someone with your attitude, I would also shun you. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar,

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Total BS

Maybe Canadians are smarter than us Americans and that's why they ignore you regardless of their race. They recognize a racist idiot when they see one. Funny, when you still lived in Boston you whined about how racist everyone there was. Maybe everyone just sees what a fraud you are regardless of the geography. Try moving back to Haiti.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
If

If a was a black Canadian woman I would pretend that you didn't exist either.

toJohnny7toJohnny7over 13 years ago
You are a racist

and guilty of sterotyping people you don't know or even give a chance. You are as bad or worse than the people that you condemn. BTW, Ottawa is a wonderful and beautiful place and a very diverse city. You should feel fortunate to live there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

He is so right. I am a white guy in Ottawa and I don't want anymore immigrants but know I will be branded a racist by the white liberals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Ottawa is not a town: it is the fourth largest city in Canada,

I grew up in Ottawa, and the experience was nothing like what the author describes. It is true that the suburbs had few dark-skinned people when I grew up (60's - 70's), and so we didn't know how to interact with Black people as a group (not wanting to offend someone can lead to distancing yourself from them). The composition of Ottawa has changed quite a bit since then, and the attitudes in Ottawa have evolved along with the change.

I do not have any current information on the issue of Black women in Ottawa dating Black men. I only get back to visit for about 1 week a year and I am not in the dating market. I can say that I have met more than one beautiful and intelligent Black woman in Ottawa who has treated me (a white male) with considerable kindness and compassion, and I would be very pleased to be associated with such ladies. My friends and relatives would have no objection at all: "interracial dating" is pretty common.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I have met some racist rednecks

But you sir are the sorriest excuse for a human being that ever hated another. Just because you may be viewed in this country as a minority does not excuse your racism. You should crawl back into pandora's box with the plagues and evils untold. As a Canadian I have no place for racist SOB's and you just pissed me off for the last time.

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
WTF

I thought we had laws in this country against racial hatred. And if this isn't racial hatred I don't know what is. This guy not only needs to be removed from this site he needs to be put in jail. My God, he says he is a Hatian-American, but has never been in Haiti. Then comes to Canada and shits on the only two places he has ever been in. Well I have a suggestion. How about Inuvick. A bit cool but not too many white people to bug you up there. And your black (not B) skin will absorbe more of the sun's heat. What little there is. Folks....I am sorry I am ranting but this guy is inexcuseable. How low can you go? Why is there no minus score?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...