Hannah's Hero Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The feel of him sliding in and out of me, spreading my warm wetness over both of us, was amazing. The sex was always good between us, but this... this was very special. I felt myself cum after a while. I moaned loudly into Chris's mouth, and I saw his eyes grow wide with pleasure as he felt my orgasm.

Together, we sped things up, our bodies moving faster. Chris slid his lips down along the line of my jaw to my throat, kissing and nibbling lightly. He moved on to suck my nipples. In just a few short minutes I was coming again. By then I was gasping in pleasure. It just felt so good I couldn't hold back. Suddenly Chris's head came up from my breasts. He kissed my lips again, and I felt him cum. I cried out as he shot into me, feeling the hot wetness spill into me and fill me.

I don't how long we stayed coupled like that. It might have been minutes or hours for all I could tell. After a while, though, Chris softened and slipped out of me. Kissing me tenderly, he lifted off of me and settled back down at my side. I rolled to face him, caressing his cheek and basking in the afterglow of our lovemaking.

I looked deep into Chris's eyes, noting for the millionth time how they so perfectly matched the shade of my own. Gently, I pulled him against me and pillowed his head against my breasts. In seconds we were both deeply asleep, and this time there were no dreams.

***

In the days that followed, Chris and I at last began settling into our married life. Things were going well. He started his own sessions with Dr. Kovarubias. I never asked him about it, knowing in my heart he would tell me when he was ready. His return to a normal routine at the base actually helped. He'd been a serious gearhead ever since I'd known him. His dream was to open his own garage once he left the service.

Jennifer and Brad were steadily getting more serious. They spent the night together at our place or his at least three times a week. I was delighted for her. Chris liked Brad pretty well, and as far as I was concerned that was a major mark in Brad's favor.

The third week after his homecoming, Chris finally shared the story of the ambush with me. I won't relay to you all of the details, but here is a brief summary: At the peak of the fighting Mike's Humvee was hit by a rocket. Mike survived the hit but he was trapped in the wreck. Chris managed to get to him, but couldn't get him out of the wreckage before the insurgents attacked on foot.

Chris provided covering fire for him, managing to successfully hold them off until they fired another rocket. That one had thankfully failed to explode (which the video clip hadn't shown). Before help could arrive, Chris was overcome with sheer numbers and was shot. He evidently looked dead. Still trapped, Mike played dead convincingly enough that the idiots stopped to celebrate. Chris didn't know anything more until he woke up in the hospital. I'd held his hand as he spoke, tears running silently down my cheeks. Afterwards, though, the nightmares came less and less often.

Then, three days before Thanksgiving, I missed my period. I'm almost always predictable, and so it was a big deal to me. I tried not to get my hopes up but it was hard. I decided to wait for a while before testing.

Chris, Jennifer, and I enjoyed a fantastic holiday dinner. My Dad flew out to join us (he had ended up leaving my mother, and to tell you the truth I didn't blame him). Brad had stopped by after his shift, and had presented Jennifer with a question and a stunning ring to go with it. Of course she said yes. In all it was the best Thanksgiving Dinner ever, even though all three of us had had to work the first part of the day. We were together that night, and that's what counted.

After almost a month had gone by without any sign of my period, I took a home pregnancy test. It came up positive. As excited as I was, I held my silence. There was a chance the thing could be wrong after all. Before I let my hopes get the best of me, I wanted to be sure. I rarely ask friends for favors, but this one time I did it shamelessly. On Monday of the week of Christmas, I had my blood drawn during my lunch hour, then worked the rest of my shift anxiously waiting (favor or not, patients had first priority in the med lab.)

At the end of my shift that day, I still hadn't heard anything. I'd just resigned myself to having to wait until the next day when Debbie Crenshaw came to the nurses' station with an envelope.

"Hey Hannah, wait!" she called when she saw me. "Yvette in med lab asked me to give this to you." She handed me the plain brown paper envelope. I held it, bursting to open it but afraid at the same time. Jennifer walked up just then and set her clipboard down behind the counter.

"Our reliefs are here. Ready to go, Hannah? Hey, what's that?"

I didn't answer at first, still staring at it. Finally, I gathered my courage and tore it open, reading the contents quickly. As I absorbed the words, my heart filled with an indescribable joy. I felt like I was on top of the world. I was smiling like I'd just won the lottery when I turned around to face my friends.

Unable to contain my joy, I told them, "I'm pregnant!!!"

END PART 5