All Comments on 'He Saw His Future in Her Eyes'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
maggieafmaggieafover 17 years ago
Thanks

You are an amazing author that I have thoroughly enjoyed for awhile now. This is one story that I had to say something because I want in my heart to believe that there is one special someone in our lives. I lost him once but I am working on getting him back. Hopefully that will happen. I love your stories because they have romance and I think we are missing romance in our world today. The moment our eyes meet and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that is the one. It's an amazing feeling. Thanks for writing this story. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellent

Your second best story. I still like Maryanne's First Kiss better. Reminded me of Fate Had Brought Them Together, but this story was superior to that one.

Boyd

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Meant To Be!

Moira meets Jeff while tending bar during her last year of college. When he produces a picture of his ideal girl, she is surprised to see her face looking back at her. A wonderful serendipity moment. This is one - ya gotta hope they lived happy ever after. Loved the characters in this story. Brilliantly written by a Master Craftsman!

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
You did it again!

Dinsmore,

Another great story about love/romance that covers all the important issues and is not a stroke story. The master is back!

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 17 years ago
Your story

Has been mentioned in the New Story Reviews thread on the Lit forum (Author's Hangout).

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
I'm jealous...

I'm jealous that my good friend, Techsan, got to read that story before anybody else. :)

It's a damn good story, with damn good people....*sigh* :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well That Settles It

It's only a matter of time until you turn pro or you realize it and the possibility.

This was short and possibly your best. It foretells what you could do if you wish and your dogs want you to do. Their picture really should be updated don't you think?

Author - more than quite good and most appreciated. Have fun mowing once or twice more then get the shovel out.

With Very High Regard

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoover 17 years ago
Sigh!

Hopeless romantics of the world beware! What a beautifully crafted tale. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Take out the "military facts"

Seriously. How much do you know about the service? No way this guy's in Ramadi four days ago and the Marines "release" him early to go to a graduation. Do you have any idea how many thing are involved when a service member redeploys? If you're gonna write about something like you know what's going on, you should know what's going on.

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 17 years agoAuthor
"Take out the military facts" is wrong...

The line in the story was:

"The Marine Corps let me out a few weeks early since I had completed my combat tour so that I could attend graduation."

This is based on an real life situation in which a Marine officer---who had completed his seven month combat tour and was within a few weeks of release from active duty stayed in Ramadi with the transition team for two weeks as the new unit rotated in and then was released from active duty a few weeks early to start grad school. Since he had already completed his initial obligation and was in augmentation---and had completed his unit's deployment of seven months--- his BN commander approved the early release with no hesitation.

His replacement had already been designated and took over his job when the unit rotated back to San Diego.

Such early releases for educational purpose have been common in all branches of the service since the Vietnam era.

Since the officer in question had completed his combat tour and his command slot, he was essentially "excess" to the unit and didn't have sufficient remaining active duty time to assume a new job.

Having served two years in Vietnam and ten plus years on active duty, having a Marine Captain son with two tours in Iraq, a brother with Marine combat service in Korea, another brother with Navy Pilot service in Vietnam, a father-in-law with combat service in WWII and a step father with combat service in WWII "taking out the military facts" is just not my nature.

Dinsmore

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ignorance is Bliss

The comment below on "military facts" is proof that 'those of you that think they know everything are particularly annoying to those of us who do' and people pontificating on things they know little about are pathetic. Mr. Dinsmore is quite qualified and very polite. The military can be very red tape or Colonels and Generals can make decisions and make them happen or someone becomes very unhappy.

Adrasteia_Adrasteia_about 16 years ago
Awesome!

I loved the story! And... I'm finding myself in a somewhat similar situation. So believing this all isn't that hard for me.

You're a great writer, I've read several other of your stories, thanks for sharing!

FarahKhanFarahKhanover 15 years ago
Why fight the fate

Dinsmore is one of the best on this site and really knows how to write fiction. Why argue over small insignificant issues concerning "Facts". We are reading "Fiction" for crying out loud. Thank you Dinsmore for another fantastic piece. You do not need to get down to the level of these jealous lot. Just keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice story, I hope you're wrong though...

Nice story, I hope you're wrong about match-ups though. If you aren't that means it isn't just mine and my wife's lives that are messed up, there are two others out there who're also messed up. Of the four of us I wonder which one(s) began the screw-up. Given that I'm 62, there is little chance of either of us ending the misery and finding the right one.

<P>

Oh, crap, if Three and Four divorced and tried again there could be two more wasted lives for each time one of them tried to fix it by starting over.

northlandernorthlanderover 14 years ago
Great Story

Re the comments about military facts. Just once in a while the military comes up trumps. I should know. On the 20th of December 1958 I was a member of a Brit unit in Gil Gil, Kenya. My wife was in Britain, Expecting our first baby in January. I didn't know whether I would be home in time for the birth. Late at night on 23 December I arrived home, on demobilisation leave for our first Christmas together as a family. Sometimes the military has a heart.

Great Story Dinsmore. Once in a while we find nuggets among the dross and your stories are real nuggets

YornHYornHalmost 14 years ago
Another hit !!!

Well done again, Dinsmore.

It is so refreshing to read a romantic story where the girl is not promiscous, nor is she a slut or a whore - REFRESHING!!!!

Both characters are easy to like.

Now, back to reality :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
again amazing

I m d same guy who replied on the other story....choandm9.. again amazing and superb

Mr WolfMr Wolfover 11 years ago
True

The story of how my new partner and I met has these overtones and when we started talking about our past there were so many overlaps it got really spooky; fate, destiny who knows? All I know is she is my soul mate, has healed my wounds and made me complete.

So all those who scoff at these types of stories might want to re-think...

5* well done.

Hot_SisterHot_Sisterabout 11 years ago
Beautiful

This story was not written, it was crafted. I try to do the same with mine, but don't often succeed, I think, or at least not to the scale you have done. You make it look easy (which I know it isn't!). Thanks for the time you spent on writing this tale. I really enjoyed it and have the keen anticipation of knowing that I now have all of your other stories to read, and that if your skill with this one has been anything to go by, they will also be great!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
The boss would be very pleased.`

If only there were some entity which would actually give a crap about such things -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Did not believe in the perfect match...

At 63 years old. Found her,the most beautiful lady on the planet!!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE UN-EXPLAINED TENDS TO OFFER

strange acts of coincidence. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
If Only

Certainly a mystical air present as a backdrop to this story. Perfect in length,the deal is done before the reader can overthink the results. The only drawback was that they'd end up in Palo Alto. ( California IS the land of fruit and nuts but,I suppose someone has to live there.) ~ 5 ~

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
I believe in fate

Similar to this I dreamed of a girl in 4th grade. I met her when I was 26 she was 19. I had told my sister many times of my dream. When I brought her home , sister asked if that was her. I said yes. We lasted 3 years and she went to explore life without me. Im 60 now. I still dream of her. 5 I believed, she did too late.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Yes, serendipity, fate or what you want to call it seems to have taken place. This, story however could have had a third page, second chapter or an Epilogue to give the reader a true conclusion or a happily ever after. At any rate a 5 star in my book.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

One of my favorites! I have read it many times and have always enjoyed it. I wish you were still posting stories regularly.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A dream shared by many. Finding your life partner and realizing and accepting it...seems easy but is so hard. Thanks for sharing a happy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked the story but felt it was a bit short.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous