He's Not What You Think Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cap007
Cap007
19 Followers

"- All right," Rick sighs before she could finish her sentence. "My boy, let's just say I was much worse off than you were at an earlier age. I found my Janet here, and everything changed. If you follow my path, this is where you will be. Happy?" the last word directed at Janet.

"This," Michael looks around then back at the couple with a pleading expression, "is all I would ever want."

"Thank god Trish is only ten, or Janet would be trying to set you up with her." Rick laughs rolling his eyes at his wife. Janet slaps his chest playfully knowing her husband is right.

Michael idolizes the two laughing. Janet tenderly slaps Rick on the leg saying, "Take me to bed or loose me forever stud."

Rick grins, "Yes ma'am. Michael you know where everything is. You've got the couch. Why you don't use the guest room, just baffles me. See you in the morning, and no, I will not go run. Michael, at times, I think you are just as insane as my wife. I'm taking this woman to bed, and putting a smile on her beautiful face."

Michael watches his idea of true love walk down the hall holding each other. Those two are the luckiest people in the world.

Chapter 3

"Linda, he has tattoos on his right side starting at his shoulder down to his elbow." Cathy points with excitement to her arm showing Linda the locations of the body art. "On the other arm they go down to here, and mighty fine arms they are."

"So, he finally wore something different?" Linda throws out, looking at her apartment thinking it needs dusting.

"No, not exactly. I kind of... well, I just had to know what is under those baggy clothes." Cathy leans back in the couch looking down speaking a little lower with a hint of mischief. "So, I came up with an idea. I went and bought him a shirt that would be more form fitting. Next, I slipped one of the guys a twenty to spill something on him. Of course, he would need to change." Cathy winks, "Lucky for him, I happen to have a shirt. I said it is for dad, but would sacrifice dad's happiness for him." Cathy continues with and evil grin, "I know childish yet effective."

Linda leans forward pointing her index finger at Cathy opening her mouth.

Cathy holds up her hand rolling her eyes, "save the lecture for someone else. You know it won't work on me." She couldn't help but giggle, "I offered him a shirt after the unexpected mishap. I accepted he would change in the restroom." Cathy's eyes dance with excitement, "My brilliant plan worked better than I could have imagined. He pulled off that baggy shirt." Cathy notices Linda leaning in with anticipation. "He must have really wanted that shirt off." Cathy laughs to herself, looks away to the coffee table smirking. "Hey, is that the new edition of American Lawyer?"

Linda sneers lightly slapping Cathy's leg, "Cathy! Focus." Linda uses two fingers to point at her eyes then Cathy's.

Cathy looks at her nails, "If you must know," Cathy leans in looking at Linda with a playful smile, "It took all of my willpower not to molest his tight body. Cathy pulls back looking up, "Holy shit Linda, all I can say is holy shit. He believes in keeping his body a temple. You know I have seen my fair share of hot guys. He's in the top ten."

Linda watches Cathy fall back on the couch staring at the ten-foot ceiling of her plush downtown apartment. "You're acting ridiculous. Cathy what has gotten into you? Top ten... really?"

Cathy sighs, closing her eyes, "I know... I don't know... top ten... really."

"Cathy," Linda softly replies putting her hands together between her knees looking away, "I have no reason to meet Michael tomorrow. I can't help him."

"No, I told him you agreed to meet." Cathy throws her arms on her forehead squirming, "Please Linda why won't you help me?"

"Don't you mean help him?" Linda questions in a low voice looking down.

"Of course that's what I said help him." Cathy answers in deep thought. What am I doing wrong to get Michael's attention? Why do I need his attention?

Linda stares at the wood floors rocking from the waist up, "It's not that I won't, it's just there is no point. I can't do anything to help."

"Linda, forget the legal stuff." Cathy groans kneading her feet as if she were a cat trying to get comfortable. "When Michael and I talk... I'm the only one that talks. I'm tired of talking." Cathy doesn't see Linda's jaw drop. "I would like him to talk about... anything. I try, but all I get is short answers. I wish you could've helped him, really. She pauses, taking in a deep breath, "But since you can't him, help your little sis out. Just meet him. Forget the legal mumbo, jumbo, and see if you can get something, anything. You know I would do it for you."

"Little sis, huh, I'm only four months older than you." Linda looks at her with a raised brow, "Why are you so obsessed with Michael? I don't understand, this is not like you. Usually, you're half way through a relationship, planning how to end it. And you know, I'll do anything for you." Linda knows Cathy will do anything within her power to help. I owe her, but she is the one to meet the guys, and set up the dates. She does try to have my best interest at heart. My god, now I'm talking myself into this.

Cathy lets out a long slow breath. "I'm not obsessed, just curious." Why won't he talk to me? He listens, but at times he looks at me as if I am a snake ready to strike, maybe someone that's going to do something to him. Why would he think that?

"I hate seeing you like this," Linda sighs shrugging her shoulders. "Ok, I'll keep my appointment tomorrow. However," Linda raises her hand, "I'm making it a personal meeting. I'll tell him the truth. I can't help him, and why we're meeting. It'll be up to him to stay and talk, or leave."

Cathy quickly sits up and hugs Linda. "Thank you."

"I'm not sure what you are expecting? You said he's not very talkative." Linda rubs Cathy's back, "Are you happy?" Linda wonder's what is it about this guy? I guess, I'll find out what's making her crazy.

"Yes. At least you'll try." Cathy smiles, pulling back rubbing her hands together, "before we go out tomorrow night you can tell me what happened. Also, we need to put the finishing touches on my summer party.

"I'm not the matchmaker. You know that Cathy. Don't get your hopes up." I haven't been in a relationship in over two years. How am I supposed to fix her up? Men are Cathy's department. "He knows you're a sure thing right?"

Cathy smirks, "This one's different... I've got to know why."

Linda stands up to adjust her baggy shorts. "I am going to bed. Are you staying?"

Cathy breathes easy, "Yea, I'll be in the guest room. Why don't we call it my room? You never have guests."

"Good night Cathy, Love you."

*****

"Good, I'm ten minutes early for a change," Michael tells the eight-foot double glass doors looking up. "Hopefully, after the meeting, Cathy will lose interest. Great... I'm talking to myself. The beginning of insanity, Rick might be right." Michael sighs dropping his head then opens one of the tall double doors, walking in to the office.

The young male receptionist smiles and looks Michael over before directing him, "Ms. McIntire's office is down the hall." He licks his lips waving, "remember if you need any help, find me. I'm Jason."

Blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail, brown eyes, and high cheekbones, "Jan, is that you?"

"Hey Michael, it's me, surprise."

"I didn't know you worked for Ms. McIntire." Michael squints with a furrowed brow. "You knew I was coming here didn't you that's why you and Trisha talked me into wearing these clothes. You know that is pretty sneaky to get your baby involved in this, making her bat her eyes, knowing that's my kryptonite." He smiles, Rick Junior and Trisha could get him to do almost anything.

Janet gives Michael her bright uplifting smiles admiring the tailored dark grey pin stripped suit. "I have no idea what you are implying. I knew you were going to see a lawyer, and I knew the type of clothes that would best suit your visit."

"Ha, ha, I get it Suit my visit. Very funny," Michael snickers.

"I didn't realize you are Linda's one o'clock until ten minutes ago when she told me to expect you. The appointment is marked as personal. Hold on I've gotta get a picture of you. I don't think I've ever seen you dressed so handsome. You know, this is a good look for you."

Michael flashes a smile for the picture after several complaints from Jan. "Cathy set it all up. I am only doing this to appease her. Hopefully after this, she will lose interest. I know there is nothing Ms. McIntire can do for me. This shouldn't take long. I don't think I will be saying much, since this is Cathy's best friend. I don't want anything getting back to her." He finishes in a concerned tone stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Look Michael," Janet points her bouncing finger, "that may be the case, she may not be able to help you with your legal problems. Give Linda a chance. She is a nice girl, a good person that listens, never judges, and is friendly. It may feel good to say what's on your mind." Jan preaches smiling. "You never know."

Linda sits up straight and brushes down the wrinkles in her dark business suit. Why am I so nervous? Maybe I can't help Cathy, but I should at least try. I can't believe I am meeting someone for a personal favor, in my office. This is Cathy's fault, making me do this. Linda's wobbly hand goes to the phone pushing the intercom button.

"I'll keep it in mind." Michael answers, as the intercom buzzes.

Michael grabs the chrome handle of the polished oak door. Twice in the same day he is talking to a door rehearsing his get in, get out, make a quick exit speech. He releases a deep breath and walks in smelling vanilla. The large room is bright but not blinding from the sunlight shinning through the large full height windows. He looks around the spacious office noticing Cathy's special touches. He sees a woman sitting behind a cherry desk looking down at a folder. Ms. McIntire, he moves between the two black leather oversized chairs to stand in front of the desk.

Linda is looking down at the picture in the file sensing the still air shift as the door opens. Footsteps clack on the wood floor, stopping in front of her desk. "Mr. Donavan," she stands taking her attention away from the photo. She's met numerous clients working for her father. This is a routine, nothing new, she thinks. Linda takes a quiet sharp breath when her heart jumps gazing into Michael's compassionate light brown eyes. Mmm, Cathy's right. Linda fumbles reaching to shake his hand. Lost in his affectionate stare, she forgets the remainder of her introduction.

Michael looks into the woman's eyes taken a back. He doesn't see eyes of a woman on the prowl, or who wants something from him. He knows the kind green eyes are slowing searching his substance. His mouth opens to say the words he's rehearsed but could only say, "Hi."

They stand quietly regarding each other. The handshake has long stopped, yet the supple link remains. Unconsciously, Michael softly rubs the delicate skin on the back of Linda's hand with his thumb, taking slow deep breaths.

Linda lets out a quiet pleasing whine. Relieved the long sleeve is covering the goose bumps from his soft stroking. As time regains its forward progress, Linda is the first to come around. She slowly pulls her hand away, unsure she's willing to lose the connection. She feels a resistance as if Michael is reluctant to let go but gently does.

"Your hands are soft. I thought you were in construction?"

The words float to Michael's ears. "You have kind eyes, I thought you were a lawyer?" He replies with a bright open mouth smile.

"Please have a seat," Linda motions him to sit as she melts into her high back office chair. The leather moulds to comfort her as she gathers her thoughts. What am I doing? I'm acting like a sixteen year old, meeting someone college guy for a date. I'm a professional. I am acting exactly like Cathy. She's right those eyes... concentrate Linda.

Michael adjusts to sit straight his fingers rubbing the armrest, "Thank you for seeing me Ms. McIntire. I know there is nothing you can do for me legally. I'm grateful for your time. I understand you are doing this as a favor for Cathy. I'm sorry she put you up to this. I should - "

Linda smiles, leans forward putting on her business face to take control, "- you're correct there is nothing I can do since you made a plea bargain on all the charges and they are all over thirty days since sentencing. It's true I'm meeting you as a favor for Cathy. I explained to her that I couldn't help, and I wouldn't lie about our meeting. I also told her you are free to leave at anytime. However, I hope you would stay and talk. It's up to you. Please call me Linda."

Michael eyes soften as he listens. Jan's voice pops into his head 'give Linda a chance.' He allows his self to relax replying, "OK, let's make a deal. I will answer your questions, if you answer mine."

Linda nods her head with a small smile, "Ok, that sounds fair." She expects to be answering questions about Cathy, and wonders how much she'll disclose.

"Great," Michael leans back getting comfortable, "Ask what you wish, I won't lie to you,"

Linda's smile parts, she runs the tip of her tongue along the bottom of her top lip, and cocks her head, "Anything? They'll be personal. Are you willing to do that with me?" Oh god, am I flirting, what has gotten into me?

"Any question," Michael leans forward, "as long as you are willing to get personal with me." Michael looks into Linda's eyes noticing her pupils dilate, "I am all yours." ...Did I really say that? Damn Janet. No, this is Rick's bad influence.

Linda quietly clears her throat looking down at the file thinking the picture doesn't do Michael justice, "I know all the vitals, name, date of birth, where you went to school, college, charges, pleas, excreta. What I don't know is why you are driving Cathy crazy?" She looks up with a smirk looking for a reaction.

Michael stiffens, "Driving her crazy?" Michael gapes, "I think you got it backwards."

Linda cocks her head to the side, "What she's driving you crazy or she's driving herself crazy?"

"Yes." Michael looks back at Linda with a smirk. "I did some research on you, Google. Tell me something, I can't find on the Internet or learn from Cathy. She's told me that you are twenty-eight, her best friend at three, a great lawyer, not married, no boy friend," Michael smiles watching Linda shift in her seat, "and haven't been with a man in a while."

Linda jumps grabbing her desk leaning forward, blushing, and answering in a huff. "She told you all this! She said you two didn't talk." Oh, it's on Cathy, everything is free game, she wants to yell. Linda releases a deep breath trying to calm down.

Michael chuckles, leaning back crossing his fingers over his chest, "she talks I listen. I'll answer with a quick comment. I really don't like talking at work. And after an awkward pause, she starts talking again. It's quite cute."

"That girl loves to talk," Linda growls. Wait, she said I was a great lawyer?" Surprised.

"Her words, 'you are an amazing lawyer.' I see the pride in her eyes. She really does care. Every time she mentions you, her face lights up. So, after a few weeks, hearing her explaining why I should meet you. She convinced me, I agreed. Now back to my original question. No side tracking. Tell me something I don't know about you."

He wants to be in control of the conversation. OK, I can play this game. Linda looks up taking a minute to think of something simple. "I was a fat kid."

"Everyone is, Knew that, Internet. Try again." Michael smirks.

Linda started naming tidbit facts. "I know how to ride horses." She hears 'try again.' "I know how to swim," 'nope.' The answers and responses came faster and faster. She blurts out, "I wish I was more like Cathy." Then covers her mouth but could do nothing about her wide-eyed look.

"Ah, now was that so hard?" Michael chuckles sitting up, "That was something I didn't know. You could've said my favorite vacation spot is, so and so. But, that works."

Did I really say that? Do I really want to be more like Cathy? Am I boring? Linda squints leaning forward staring at Michael. How'd he do that? Quickly, changing the subject, Linda responds, "Your turn. Tell me something I don't know."

As the afternoon continues, Michael is surprised how much he talked, opening up. Linda seemed interested. He admires Linda's confidence, and ability to recover in a conversation even when she can't control it. She is thoughtful, a good listener, smart, beautiful, and didn't judge. Jan is right. He talks with Linda as if they've been friends for ten years. He is very thankful questions about painful past relationships and dating is never brought up.

Linda talked without calculating an answer. Michael listened and gave thoughtful comments. In turn, she did the same. I know why Cathy is infatuated with Michael. He's confident. Sure of himself, but not cocky. Knows how to hold a conversation. Speaks his mind, very handsome and not once did he ask about past relationships. He is a great guy. I could see myself with him. Oh god, I could never do that to Cathy. She wants Michael. But she wants him for all the wrong reasons. She needs to see this side of him. She'll move on to the next guy. I've got to talk to her.

*****

Linda lets out a gasp surprised she is able to speak, "You're amazing. I'm glad I convinced you. Thank you," she lets out another low whimper.

"My pleasure," Michael replies in a soothing tone, "It's been a while. I almost forgot how much I enjoy it."

"You should do this instead of working for Rick." She barely gets the words out between long slow moans. Michael's warm strong hands send soft waves of pleasure through her.

Michael let out a quiet laugh, barely hearing Linda's comment, "this is just a hobby. I don't know if I could make enough money doing this, everyday."

Linda whines, "Are you kidding?"

Janet knocks on Linda's door, wondering what they have been doing for the last four hours. She needs to tell Linda not to worry. She rescheduled the afternoon appointments. Not hearing an answer, she knocks one more time. Tired of waiting, Janet slowly opens the door wide enough to take a peek. Linda is sitting in the chair across from Michael with her feet in his lap. Her arms are dangling, her head is back, eyes shut, a peaceful open mouth smile is on her face, and taking deep slow breaths. Michael is tenderly massaging her feet with a smile, talking. Janet decides not to embarrass the two and quietly closes not shutting the door and knocks loud. She hers some rustling, furniture move, and eventually Linda shouts, "Come in," which Janet does.

"Hey Jan is there something you need?" Linda asks, not sure where to place her hands, looking a little flushed, and disheveled behind her desk.

"I am sorry to bother you Linda. I know you are with a client," she answers with a devious smile, "but it's five o'clock. I have rescheduled your appointments. I'm leaving for the weekend, unless you need me for something."

Linda jaw drops, wide eyed, "it's what time?"

Michael gapes, sits up straight grabbing the armrests, feverously scanning the office for a clock. He jumps up looking at Linda, "I... I am so sorry to take up so much of your time." With an apologetic look, Michael reaches with both hands and grabs Linda's hand and softly rubs it, "thank you so much for seeing me you're an amazing woman. I've taken too much of your day. I am so sorry." He turns and heads for the door blushing giving a smiling Jan a kiss on the cheek saying, "Rick is going to kill me," before he walks out.

Jan chuckles looking back at Michael, "You let me worry about Rick."

Cap007
Cap007
19 Followers