High Rise Exhibitionist Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kay and I tried to enjoy our hot drinks but to be quite honest the coffee was bitter and I suspected her tea was weak. Even a bit of cream didn't help but we were at the start of was sure to be a fun two days so it didn't matter too much.

"I sure hope the antique shop opens soon I'm not sure I can handle another cup of this tea." Kay remarked then added. "It tastes stale."

"Coffee sucks too hun." I replied.

Kay giggled then said. "Maybe I should have taken you up on your suggestion earlier. At least that cream would have been hot and sweet."

"I tried." I answered kind of shrugging my shoulders at her.

I glanced at my cell phone to see what time it was. "Almost noon Kay lets finish these and head back toward the shop.

"Good idea." Kay said pushing her half full cup away from in front of her.

"What'll I owe ya?" I said loud enough for the waitress to hear.

She folded her paper and slipped off the stood. As she approached she wrote out an order slip and handed it to me saying. "That'll be two fifty."

I peeled off three ones and handed them to her.

"What brings you folks to Sugarties?" She asked.

"We're doing a little antiquing." I replied as she moved behind the register to ring up our total.

She smiled and said. "Well you'll want to stop in Kay's up the street when she opens later."

"We were hoping she'd be opening soon." I answered as I give her a two dollar tip.

Still smiling she replied. "You can ask her yourself she always stops in here for a quick sandwich before she opens. In fact here she comes now."

Kay and I looked toward the door just in time to watch an older woman with graying hair pull the door open. I would venture a guess that she was in her mid to late seventies. As this older Kay approached I notice her smile widen. Her hair was pulled back in a bun and she wore a light pink sweater and a blue skirt that ended midway between her knees and ankles.

"These folks are here to see you Kay." The waitress announced.

Kay's expression changed from a friendly smile to a look of confusion as she tried to recall our faces.

I chimed in. "We saw your sign up along the highway and decided to visit your shop."

Her smile returned as she stopped beside Kay, who was already smiling widely at the shop keeper.

"Well I guess I'll have to get my egg salad sandwich to go then. Can't keep cash customers waiting can we?" Kay said.

Mel who was watching all this through the service opening finally spoke. "Egg salad on wheat toast and a diet coke to go?"

"Thanks Mel." Kay replied.

She turned to us then said. "I'll meet you folks at the shop in five minutes."

"Thank you so much." Kay said to the older Kay. "We're walking so we'll see you there."

We thanked Mel and his employee and headed out the door.

As we walked back toward Elm Street Kay snuggled into my side and said. "Will you still love me in twenty years when I look like Kay?"

I moved my hand to cover hers then replied. "Somehow I don't see you looking like her in twenty years but I'll still love you no matter what."

Kay smiled and gave me a "good answer" kiss on the cheek.

As we approached Elm Street Kay drove by and turned the corner. Kay and I walked catty corner across Main and met the shop keeper as she walked to the bottom of the steps leading to her shop. She was carrying a small paper bag and a white Styrofoam cup with a straw sticking out of the lid.

"Can you wait here? I have to turn the lights on in the back." Kay asked as we all climbed the steps together.

Kay said. "Sure thing do you want me to hold your lunch while you open up?"

"You're very kind." Kay said to Kay as she handed her the bag and soda cup.

She unlocked the door and slipped inside. As she disappeared into the dark store I said. "She seems like a very nice lady."

Kay just smiled acknowledging she agreed.

One by one banks of lights came on highlighting displays inside the shop and soon enough Kay reappeared from the back room.

She waved a hand at us as she approached the sales counter midway back inviting us to come in.

We stepped inside and Kay walked directly to where the shopkeeper was standing handing her the lunch bag.

The elderly woman extended her hand toward Kay and said. "I'm Kay and this is my shop."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Kay. I'm Kay too and this is Allen." Kay said.

Kay looked toward Allen and said. "Nice to meet you Allen maybe to avoid confusion you can call me by my given name, Kayla."

I smiled and replied. "Well thank you very much Kayla and it's a beautiful name."

"So what are you folks looking for?" Kayla asked.

Kay answered for us both. "Nothing in particular tell you what why don't you enjoy your egg salad sandwich while we just kind of look around? Nothing worst then a soggy sandwich."

"And you must be famished too." I added.

"Church did run a little long. Pastor Bob went off on one of his tyrants about sinners today and his sermon took longer than usual." Kayla remarked.

"Take your time Kayla we're in no rush." Kay said as she and I started back toward the front of the store.

Kayla clearly had a knack for displaying her wares. Everything was displayed in a setting rather than just piled on a shelf like so many other collectible or antique shops. The lighting was arranged to enhance the appearance of each setting and everything had a small price ticket attached which gave the price followed by the letters obo. I suppose the prices were only a starting point which was a good thing considering Kay and I were looking for bargains which we could mark up when we got home.

After a few minutes Kayla joined us.

"We got directions to your shop from the guy at the gas station out by the highway." I mentioned.

Kayla grinned and replied. "So you've met Mickey. He's quite a character."

"You'll probably hear from him about replacing your sign post at the exit. It fell over again." I told her.

"Mick was a real ladies man back in the day." Kayla remarked. "He was forever hitting on me." She remarked rather bluntly.

I instantly had a mental image of her kneeling before Mickey sucking his cock and the thought brought a sheepish grin to my face.

"Tell me about these lamps." Kay asked leading our conversation back to the reason we were there.

"This is called a panel slag glass lamp." Kayla said touching the lovely glass shade. "I believe they are from the 20's made by Wilkinson Lamp Company of Brooklyn New York. They are not marked which was common for Wilkinson lamps."

The lamps had six panels of soft pink glass around the shade with swirls of darker color running through the glass. Each one had two pull chains to turn the bulbs on and off. Kayla explained that was how lamps were controlled before three way bulbs were introduced.

The bases were very ornate and made of cast bronze. They had a price ticket of $1295.00.

"How long have you had them?" I asked wondering where our or best offer should start.

Kayla replied. "I won them at an estate auction ten or twelve years ago. If you're really interested I could let you have the pair for $1050.00"

Kay smiled and remarked how much she liked them but before she could continue I interrupted. "We're looking to buy antiques that Kay can re-sell in her shop back home so we'd need a little more meat on the bone before we could consider the pair."

"Well it is or best offer." Kayla replied. "How much would you be willing to give for them?"

Knowing that we wanted real bargains so Kay could turn these antiques around quickly I answered. "I think we could do $300.00 for the pair."

I wanted to low ball her price at first just to see if she'd bite at selling something she'd been maintaining for over ten years. Kay knew from our conversation during the drive earlier in the morning that we should be shooting to double our money on anything we buy so she knew I was looking to be able to re-sell them for $600.00 in her shop.

"I couldn't do $300.00 but I might consider $750.00." Kayla answered.

"I'll have to think about it." I replied. "Let's look around some more.

As Kay and Kayla were looking at what I suspected was some old carnival glass displayed in a gorgeous hutch I wandered over to a false fireplace with a massive mantle shelf.

"What can you tell me about this clock?" I asked after noticing it had a price tag of $300.00.

Kayla and Kay joined me. Kay was holding a lovely carnival glass bowl with a milky white edge.

"That's a 1920's Seth Thomas number 75 Westminster Chime. It sounds on the half hour and hour. Here let me show you." Kayla said as she opened the clear door on front. She slowly moved the minute hand to the five o'clock hour and the clock began to sound a deep rich chime. "It has a mahogany case but there is a scratch right here." Kayla said pointing to the one flaw. "If I had that repaired and had the movement cleaned and serviced I would be asking $1,000.00. It needs to be wound every eight days and I do have the original key." Kayla added.

"It's a beautiful clock." I remarked.

Kay held out the bowl she was admiring and said. "Kayla tells me this is carnival glass. It was made by..." Kay paused then looked at Kayla.

"Dugan Glass Co." Kayla reminded her.

"Yes it's called Flowers and Frames." Kay remembered as she handed it to me.

I looked the bowl over as Kayla continued.

"Dugan Glass was located in Indiana Pennsylvania and produced carnival glass from 1913 until around 1930 or so. They were one of only a few companies that made this color. It's called Peach Opal."

"Why is it called carnival glass?" I asked.

"It was actually called iridescent glass the glass workers called it doped glass because of the multi-color effect that distinguishes it from other types of pressed glass. The effect came from spraying the glass with metallic salts while still hot. Originally it was given as prizes at fairs and carnivals." Collectors coined the name carnival in the 1950's when collecting it first became popular." Kayla explained then added. "Some rare patterns and colors can fetch thousands of dollars.

I turned the bowl over and noticed the fifty dollar price tag on the bottom which was colored with a lovely milky white color.

"This effect is called opalescent." Kayla remarked pointing to the white color that also trimmed the edge.

"I absolutely love it!" Kay exclaimed which surely let Kayla know she could be a little firmer on the price.

Over the next hour or so Kayla continued our education on antiques and we eventually settled on the Wilkinson Lamps, the Seth Thomas clock and a piece of Fenton Glass Carnival along with the Dugan Flowers and Frames bowl that Kay absolutely loved.

We got everything for $1,150.00 which I was fairly confident Kay could double back home.

It took Kayla and Kay another forty five minutes to pack everything very carefully in boxes and I pulled the van around back near the old loading dock behind the store.

After paying for our purchases we thanked Kayla for her hospitality and she and Kay hugged before we left.

As we drove back toward the highway to continue north Kay seemed rather melancholy. I asked what she was thinking about.

"Kayla told me in secret that she has cancer and may only have a short time left. She took a liking to us and was willing to sell to us at a price that actually was less than she paid for a couple of things." Kay explained then added. "She asked me to come back soon because she'd be happier knowing we got some of her items rather than having them go to strangers at auction after she'd died."

"She's a sweet lady. We'll have to make her shop a regular stop." I answered.

With our purchases safely tucked away in the back we continued north on the interstate reaching the exit I'd mapped out in about thirty minutes.

Shortly after we pulled to a stop in front of a lovely Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I had made a reservation for the night.

"Oh my god!" Kay exclaimed what a beautiful place.

Kay nearly jumped out of the van and stood impatiently on the sidewalk waiting for me to gather up our luggage and lock the van.

As we approached the massive front double doors with etched glass in each pane Kay remarked. "This is so exciting. I've never stayed in such a lovely place."

I figured for this first excursion adding some wonderful memories would be a good thing but the price was probably triple what a Holiday Inn Express out near the interstate would have cost.

Kay opened the front door and stepped inside, or more appropriately stepped back in time. The foyer was decorated exclusively with antique furniture and accents. A massive curved staircase lead to the second floor.

A tiny brass bell mounted above the door announced our arrival and in a moment we were greeted by a middle aged man with a broad flashy smile.

"Welcome!" He said.

"Hello I'm Allen we talked yesterday." I said.

"Yes of course I'm Mark" He said extending his hand toward Kay.

"This is Kay." I said as he lightly shook Kay's delicate hand.

"If you could follow me to the parlor I'll get the paperwork done then show you your room for the night." Mark said.

We followed him into another immaculately furnished room where a small desk sat near the huge oak windows to the street. "I just need your signature in the register and if you don't mind I'll get some info off your driver license." Mark said as he sat down behind the desk and swiveled the guest book around toward me.

As Mark wrote down my info on a small three by five card he said. "I received a phone call late yesterday afternoon from a guest who had reserved the bridal suite for a couple nights. Seems his bride got cold feet and left him standing at the altar. How about I upgrade you to that suite at no extra charge?"

Kay's smile broadened knowing there would be no reason to decline Marks generous offer.

"That would be wonderful!" She quickly replied.

"Great let me get your bags and I'll show you the room." Mark said after placing the file card in a small box on the desk.

We followed Mark up the curved stairs to the second floor where he made a turn and walked toward the front of the building. "We don't allow smoking in the building but if you do smoke there is a gazebo in the back where you can have one. Breakfast is served from seven until eight thirty and is included in your room."

He inserted a brass key in the door lock and turned the handle. Stepping back he said. "Welcome to the bridal suite."

Kay entered first I followed and Mark joined us placing our bags on the floor just inside.

"WOW!" Kay exclaimed as she surveyed the room.

"Impressive." I added bring a smile to Mark's face.

"The bath room is just down the hall on the left. You're our only guests tonight so you should have it all to yourselves. My wife and I stay in the small apartment off the kitchen so if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask." Mark said then added. "I hope you enjoy your stay."

"I'm quite certain we will." Kay replied.

I wasn't sure if I should tip Mark or not but when I offered him a ten he waved his hand back and forth saying. "You're our guest no need for that."

Mark stepped out of the room and slowly closed the door leaving Kay and me alone to look around the bridal suite.

The main feature was a king size brass post bed with a frilly lace canopy draped over the four corners. The fluffy white comforter covering the mattress had a single red rose placed between the pillows.

The room was square but in one corner was an opening to a lovely sitting area in the turret with windows that gave the room a light airy feel.

"This is so beautiful." Kay remarked. "Thank you so much." She added as she hugged me closely in the middle of the room rubbing her body against mine.

"Well we may not be able to stay in a place like this every time but I wanted you to have some great memories of our first trip up here." I explained.

"I'll be sure to add some memories for you once we turn down that comforter." She replied with a sexy look on her face and a light squeeze of my loins.

I just smiled in response.

"Let's unpack then I'd like to get a shower before dinner." Kay suggested.

I placed Kay's luggage on the bed and took mine to one of the large upholstered chairs near the closet.

Now we were only staying one night but Kay seemed to bring enough for more than that. She carefully unfolded a couple dresses and hung them in the closet. Two or three blouses and a couple pair of slacks followed and then undies were slipped into the oak dresser drawer.

I hung my one shirt and a pair of slacks next to her wardrobe and walked out into the turret.

"I'll be right back gotta pee." Kay said just before she slipped out the door to the hall.

I could look up and down the street from the wide windows in the turret and the rays of a setting sun lit up the circular room nicely. Sitting in one of the two chairs on either side of a small table with an exquisite tiffany style lamp in the middle I waited for Kay's return.

A minute or two later I heard the door open then close. Kay walked into the turret and said. "This place is incredible. They have a wonderful modern bath down the hall."

"Check the view from these windows." I commented.

Kay walked past me and started looking out the windows. "You can see for miles and miles from here." She remarked.

"I can only imagine how nice the breeze is through here on a summer evening." I said.

Kay sat down beside me and crossed her legs. "I think we had a pretty successful day. We broke the ice and made a great contact with Kayla. Then you brought me to this amazing place. What more could a girl ask for?" She said.

I smiled and suggested. "How about a nice romantic dinner followed by some serious love making?"

"That'll be the end to a perfect day." Kay replied.

"Let's relax here for a few minutes then we can get ready to go to dinner. I doubt we'll have much trouble finding a romantic setting for dinner." I said.

"Yes that sounds great. Do we need to make reservations?" She asked.

"I would think most everyone who was in town for the weekend has left for home. I'm figuring most places will only have locals tonight and if we have to wait a little that's no problem we have all night." I answered.

Kay and I talked for a little but I could tell she was antsy to begin what was certain to be a very romantic evening.

I finally said. "If you're going to shower you better get going."

She leaped from her chair and headed for the dresser. I walked in just in time to see her picking a white satin thong and matching bra. "They have the fluffiest bath robes for us to use so this will be all I need for now." Kay said as she gave me a quick kiss and headed for the door.

I knew I could take my time getting dressed. After all it would take her nearly an hour to shower do her hair and make-up so I decided to take a walk down stairs and have a smoke in the gazebo.

I ran into Mark down stairs and he asked. "Is everything acceptable?"

"More than acceptable it's fabulous." I replied.

While I enjoyed a cigarette Mark came out and walked over to where I was sitting. "I forgot to tell you about security here. After nine we lock the front door and judging from the time I suspect you and the misses will be getting back after that." He said.

"Yeah looks like we're having a late dinner." I replied waiting for him to continue.

"Here's a spare key for the front door. You can turn it in when you check out tomorrow." Mark said handing me the key.

"Thanks Mark." I said then added. "We'll keep it quiet when we get back." Knowing him and his wife might well be asleep by that time.