All Comments on 'Hooters Pool: A Love Story'

by satyricon.21

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The other side is kind of nice

satyricon:

There's a lot of stories about returning Iraq soldiers in the Loving Wives catagory. It's great to see the other side of the equation. You did a wonderful job of writing with this tale. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good job

I have a cousin that came back from Iraq about a year ago. He has all his limbs, but with a cracked disc in his back. Things are better now and he will start college in the fall. It is good to read the happy ending stories, they are not the ones we hear about on the news!

Good luck with the contest!

rgraham666rgraham666almost 18 years ago
Sweet

What a lovely story.

So nice to see a piece that deals with something other than the silly psychodramas that so often form the basis of conflict in these stories.

The way the central character changed, learned to deal with the tragedy that struck him was wonderfully done. I much enjoyed how well delineated both characters wear.

Marvelous work. Well done.

satyricon.21satyricon.21almost 18 years agoAuthor
from the author

thanks for the comments so far......

to my everlasting shame i've discovered three editing errors and one gross mistake since posting the story: let that be a lesson to me not to skip editing and proofreading just because i want to get the stuff off tonight. ok, i said it, and and i'm sorry.

satyricon

AgenaAgenaalmost 18 years ago
Good One

A great story very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Wonderful little story! She had the right kind of therapy to make him whole.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Superb!

Your story touched a chord in my soul. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Humor Can Be A Better Salve

Very Impressive Author - they don't stand a chance but good luck for chuckles.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Lovely Story

Seemed that they were Americans except for an occasional British coloquialism. Well done and thanks.

Gene

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Quite . . .

. . . extraordinary.

The title is deceptive; it somehow seems on first glance that it might be bawdy or crude, and yet it signifies redemption, a return to wholeness.

How interesting - the tentative delicacy of the relationship compared to the simple, concrete dialog. Reminds me of the very best of NYPD Blue.

You have warmed my heart, brought tears to my eyes, and delighted and stimulated me all at the same time.

Many thanks!

NookiehunterNookiehunteralmost 18 years ago
Great Story

As a vet, I want to say that this is a great story. I had guys in my outfit who were killed and severely wounded and this story makes me feel better about them.

Alex De KokAlex De Kokalmost 18 years ago
From anger to acceptance - the journey

That's the way it read to me, and beautifully so. I like to kid myself I can write and every so often someone like you reminds me how to do it. Your characters were real to me and you, as the writer, didn't intrude. Just as it should be. A totally absorbing tale.

Alex

LitEroCatLitEroCatalmost 18 years ago
I'm impressed.... not with the pair of 32As though

I wondered how you were going to work A LOVE STORY into a HOOTERs setting. Once i figured out this had nothing to do with the HOOTERs chain, I knew where it was going. But you made the trip fun. When Lily didn't show any ID, I guessed that Steve's mom set him up with a friend (or maybe a paid one), BUT I like your version better. Thanks for the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
YEAH

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You are pretty damn good.

Another fine story! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

I liked the flow. The aggressive start that slowly flowed into a love story was predictable but very well told.

4certain4certain10 months ago

You wrote a story that's worth revisiting when I'm too close to the dark end of the tunnel and need to travel back to where there's sunshine. I've shared this story and it works well for others too. Thank you, from all of us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous