All Comments on 'Hunter or Hunted'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
hoosierrebel76hoosierrebel76almost 9 years ago
Thanks

Another one of your very good stories. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent in every way.

An interesting contribution from a known excellent writer in this venue.

BRAVO!!

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 9 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

olddave1951olddave1951almost 9 years ago
Thanks, Woodie

Another great story from a really good writer. Appreciate the work, Woodie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very good story:

Excellent characterisation, good story, short and sweet. You remind of the short stories I loved as a child. Thank you.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
pretty good

But I believe the word for the dead body should be carcass, not caucus.

A caucus is a political thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good story!

I really enjoyed your story. I've lived in Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. I know people like Gus. It was a real good read.

retiredMarineretiredMarinealmost 9 years ago
Really happy...

That you're still writing top tier tales. Looking forward to many more.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
To have a little fun

Some of us are inclined to think that a caucus also qualifies as a dead body.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
been a good six years

just reread your first story here, liked it then and now. really enjoy your work.. Im alone now, lost my special one after fiftysix years so a good story helps get me through the day. thanks for all your good work John

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HE IS NOTHING LIKE THE OLD CARTOON

The Hunter. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
I Love This type Of Story*****

What a great read. Thanks for sharing.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 9 years ago
Reap what you sew...

Never pick a fight with a stranger you know nothing about.

Thanks for sharing a great story on Lit.

x

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Fantastic!

One of the very best adventure/drama stories I've ever read. This is a well written story about what it is to be a true hunter. The only major flaw in this story is it's length, it's too damn short!!!!! Perhaps the author would consider writing more, much more, about these characters? I certainly hope so.

oshawoshawalmost 9 years ago

I do admire all your stories.

oshaw

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a wonderful man

What a hero. So strong, a manly man, adept it the woodland ways of the winter moccasins, using a bow so as to give the game an even chance. Well, not so even, they get to live or die, he lives either way. But that aside, he is a manly man with little emotion, successfully facing a gang who can't shoot straight.

I guess I'm not the market for such fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Funny. I like some of your stories

And while this was well told, it seemed anticlimactic. And strangely it seemed a little wordy. Something just didn't mesh and I can't tell you exactly what it was. Oh well. Maybe next time?

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
As usual a good story

Modernization of old stories is part of the writers art. It was well done and the inclusion of the romantic interest was valid.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Great story

as usual. Thanks Woody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great story

Would not let me vote again, but you earned 15* with this one.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed reading another of your stories. I must say that I find your detective stories more entertaining.

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 7 years ago
Great Stor

A well written story. I enjoyed reading it

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Read this story again

And it is every bit as good as the first few times I've read it.

Thank you for writing and as someone else said, it would be interesting to read more about these two.

5 stars and favorited. Thank you again.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
The point was made with precision

The "hunters" got what they deserved. He preserved his integrity, protected his ranch, and rescued the damsel in distress.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I agee with rightbank

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I'm just sayin

A emergency sat phone might make a good Christmas present for the wife. You don't need to turn it on, but it's there if you need it.

Pennindy15Pennindy15over 6 years ago
I agree...

A Satellite phone would be a good thing to have out there at the place.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Ought to be

The makings of a made for TV movie here

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
A Favorite

This has always been one of my favorites. Maybe because I’m married to an Osage Indian. Well written and exciting. But not that exciting, we all knew he would make mincemeat of those guys. Great story though. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmm!!

Just a small thing, perhaps, but how did the "hunters" get to the property??? No mention of their vehicle, which could have been used to "haul the cargo" back to town.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad, except for the "I'm a hunter Sheriff, not an executioner." Sounds like the people who sneer at the butcher but still want their steaks. Wants the State to do his killing for him.

KayaknhKayaknhover 2 years ago

One of my favorites. Love the details of the woods and the hunt. Love the description of the art of the bowyer and what goes into the making of a cccusttom bow.

One small quibble is the Gus/Sully confrontation. Gus shoots Sully from 40 feet. How did Sully get so close to Gus the experienced hunter?? And how did Sully miss with a rifle from forty feet?

Other than that I loved it. I my average mentioned that already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Josie Wales was a great movie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He left them alive, I could pass maybe if they threatened me, but threatening to rape and kill my wife earns you a dirt nap, if I fail my sons and cousins will take care of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would give you a six if I could

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****I love this story. Thanks again for the read.

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

A good read, a good take on The Hounds of Zarov aka The Most Dangerous Game. A number of your readers had little quibbles about points of the story although nothing serious. I'd just say remember the suspension of disbelief, sit back and enjoy the tale.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

Only that I wish the author was back to writing here again. Miss his " adventurs"

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

That was a good one!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

Kind of hard to swallow some of the stuff that went on in the story. Can't believe they let Gus go out the back door without checking to make sure he didn't have a weapon. And why did it take the Sheriff so dam long to get to the house. They should have been right behind Guss. Unless the Sheriff and the deputies were driving one passenger smart cars, they could have hauled everyone without any problems in normal squad cars. Like one of the other commenters said, how did the bad guys get to the farm? Did they hid their car or just walk in from somewhere?

MattKesterMattKester10 months ago

Love this story. My only complaint is that it needed some editing in several places, and a grammar checker would have been very useful.

But the story was well-told, and I got to love both Ally and Gus. She had some spirit that I would love to have seen more of. Gus really knew his stuff. The last line was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is one helluva story!

5's across the board. A few, VERY SUPERFICIAL issues be quite disregardable.

I really like there was no stupid sex in this one. It would have been in excusable out of place and would ruined the story.

Again, GREAT WRITING!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

To Oldpanty thef.

The delay was due to having to rent the UHaul Van. That said, a deputy could have followed. But, in terms of the story. A small thing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I've read many of your stories here and damned you write one hell of a story. I haven't read any of your stories I don't like. Anyway, I thought this one was going to be an apocalypse story like the world go bang while Gus was in the farm. Could you please write a story on apocalypse with such theme? Please do.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was very well crafted from nearly every aspect. Definitely 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💯💥

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...