All Comments on 'I Am Not a Wimp: My Sequel'

by fdkman262

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

I know people/readers will feel Ted is too rigid and maybe he was, but Jenny was a dope to think giving off infidelity signs would convince her husband be more attentive. The die was cast especially since she was unaware of the slut Janice’s behavior. Regrettable they were both destined to a disappointing future. Good for Rob and Diane.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson25 days ago

Perceptions matter. This story is a fine example of "fly with the crows, get shot with the crows" *****

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

The only fault of Ted was that he didn't tell the wife about his dad otherwise she played with fire and can see why he didn't budge.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He thinks Ted's a wimp because he didn't give his wife that 2nd chance? Why'd she want to make him jealous in doing what she did? How about, at least at 1st, sitting down & talking to her husband, letting him know how he feels? I suppose that's too much to ask.

Then there's Jenny's lies. Everything else being equal, which they're not, the lying sinks her. Lie a few times & anything you say comes in doubt. Ted actually did the only thing he could do under the circumstances, which undoubtably was made worse by his youth memories. Her brother Rob thinks he's a wimp for not giving Jenny that 2nd chance. But his view's somewhat screwed, as it's his sister. Nice continuation for this sad story. 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kinda like much to do about nothing? 2*

WisquejacWisquejac10 months ago

Didn’t care for it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fuck Rob. I think that pussy-WHIPPED, Judgemental fuck is way worse than Jenny. Sticking to your principles is not being a wimp. It may be the wrong decision, but it's his to make, and an ad hominem accusation is the mark of a real wimp.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You missed the whole point of the beginning of you're our story. You set the stage then the tone and end with some dribble about "His" employee riding of into the setting sun, if at any time Ted got a brain fart he could swap Tom and send him tumbling back down the mountain.

Ted just hasn't found a woman he can trust since the ones he has had decided to play.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop: They wouldn’t divorce. there was no evidence. And, her husband is a born cuck.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"is this worth tossing aside a really good marriage over?" - How good a marriage could it have been if she had to pull the crap that she did?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@wargamer spoken like a true creampie-guzzling, "feminist", cock-cage wearing cuck.

Good on you to be so brave as to show everyone what you really are! Now stop spending time at your pc, your "wife" should be there any moment with more cum for you to suck from her holes. (Not yours, obviously)

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Yep he is a wimp, and Ted is the worst king of wimp. He’d be bettter if he shuffled off this mortal coil. Why?

Because he is useless to everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Married for 15 years.

Dating another man, is cheating. Doing so in front of his co-workers is even more disrespectful. The mindset/thinking of the wife in this is selfish and untrusting of her husband. Communication would have been the answer to her problems. Instead, your female character showed herself to be untrustworthy.

Forgiveness doesn't mean acceptance and it doesn't put trust back in a marriage. If my wife did this to me, our marriage would be done, too.

I am responding her because from your note you seem to think that being treated this way is forgiveable and that once forgiven can be forgotten. I warn you, do not accept this kind of treatment in a relationship built on trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Never bet anything that you are not willing to lose! She publicly dated another man, and bet that her husband would react by “fighting for her.” The stakes were the marriage, and she lost.

I disagree with the story, and many of the comments. Yes, the MC should have worked fewer hours. No, surprise’s don’t fix troubles in the marriage, and he definitely should have told her what his mother before they married. NONE of that justifies her actions. Dating someone else, regardless of if penetration occurred, breaks the relationship. Doing publicly?!? No one should be expected to put up with that level of disrespect!

And if she truly “didn’t realize what she was doing”?!? Then she’s too stupid or too childish to be married. That level of naivety is incomprehensible in n someone who functions in everyday society.

I know that most of my objections go to the original story, but this addendum carries forward the flawed premise.

ZK

PikaGelionPikaGelionover 1 year ago

Cheating does not begin when the couple jump into bed together. Jenny spoke of her feelings when dancing in Craig's arms.

Cheating took place. Connections started being made. When it looked like Jenny was hanging horns on Ted even if that was not her intent, she did.

If there is something you wouldn't do in front of your spouse you shouldn't do it at all.

I think Ted sold his marriage off before its value dropped.

My thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

convoluted and confused - makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Agree he is W-I-M-P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

excellent...

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Glad to see all the cucks posting that don't mind there wives dating other men continuously and publicly humiliating them.

Put up or shut up you cumsucking faggots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story is no better than the first one, and Ted was right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ted did the right thing. Jenny had basically ruined his reputation and had been cheating. She just hadn't had sex with her chosen partner. If anyone was the wimp, it was Jenny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good attempt. Jenny should have moved on and lived a life well lived, had kids and run into Ted with her new husband. When her new husband asked her what happened, she could just reply that Ted was an unforgiving wimp, afraid to fight for his marriage.

Rob should have walked away when Ted tried to hand him the business to emphasize the magnitude of Ted's foolish decision. Rob would find a job at a competing company and kicked Ted's companies butt while Ted had to train a new replacement.

I just don't like Ted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I feel Rob is a scantimious prick and he compounded the situation. i'm not native eng uk/us but the choice of word (wimp) is misplaced, condescending even. I personnaly beleive that an emotionnal affair (not sexual yet) is worse betrayal that of a one night/time "slip/mistake".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think Ted will see what he did as a success. He is NOT like his father. So I think Ted is very happy either alone or with a new woman. I do agree with so many others that Jenny would not be a workaholic that does not date. She was written as a good-looking and smart woman who did something very stupid. I see her as someone who would blame Ted for what she feels is his over reacting and even though sad that her marriage is over she will blame it on Ted and not herself. Men welcome on to her and she will find many that she can select from and if she decides to remarry she will. Being tens years later I bet she has three kids by now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

sucksucksucks... ZEROZEROZERO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

sounds real to me except for the Jenny part. Ted is damaged from his childhood and I can see how he would react in this manner. But Jenny appears tone a smart driven woman so she would quickly figure out the Ted is not coming back and what she did though wrong should not be a life sentence. She knows not to be stupid in the future so find a good man. Hell, she doesn't have to look! She is written as a good looking woman and she had tons of money! Guys will be all over her.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

3 as this really didn't provide anymore closure then the original story. Ted disappeared and Jenny became a CEO of some company, no closure for either of them, we got more closure out of a side character. Its commendable attempting to finish a story but I think you came at it from the wrong angle and still left it unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can see Ted being so emotionally damaged at a young age that he was probably doomed to a self-full filling prophecy of a future with regard to women. But I don’t agree with Jenny swearing off men to become a workaholic. Sooner or later she’d find a guy to live her life with. ~ A very sad ending that shouldn’t have been attempted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

so what about ted? Jenny is a workaholic that does not date. What is ted doing?

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

what he did was not right in a marriage sense neither was hers but he shouldve atleast explained what happened in his youth about his stepmother and father to her when they 1st got married.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Of course HE thinks Ted is a wimp, he cant bear to think his sister was a moronic slut

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
When Wives Cheat

When Wives, fiance's or girlfriends cheat to make their man jealous, they should consider the probability that they are running the risk of losing her man, maybe forever. They also may cause irreparable damage to their reputation. And consider this...there is no truth...there is only mass opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Cheating is cheating!

If you are married and are "DATING" someone, then you are cheating. It doesn't matter if she has had sex with him or not. She cheated!

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Ted IS a wimp and deserves the miserable unhappy life he will lead from now on.

The wife was a fool, but she did try to see and talk with her husband to fix things and he cut her dead. She was desperate to find a way to reconnect with stupid Ted.

The way she chose was silly, but no hanging offence.

Yes, Ted deserves all the pain he will have. Like his Stepmother he deserves to rot in hell on Earth and he will.

mustelamustelaabout 4 years ago
My comment for the original story

There is a constant in these many “loving wife” stories. When the husband, in one way or another, discovers that his wife has cheated on him (or not), he becomes angry - it is understandable -, and makes an immediate decision like: runs away, puts his wife at the door, ... and refuses to listen to what she says.

OK instantly. But then, he manages not to communicate with her, never to meet her, to refuse any meeting for weeks, even months, resulting in misunderstandings ... which allow telling a story.

All this because the authors describe the white American male trapped in unjustified pride, immeasurable vanity and excessive vainglory.

What a catastrophic image of men unable to think about themselves, to question them, or simply to try to understand that there are other people who suffer and have feelings than themselves. It’s not strength, it’s not courage, it’s weakness. Yes, these so-called strong men are "wimps".

II prefer the continuation of jack_straw where the « whimp » realizes that he is indeed a whimp, contrary to what he believed.

Also a mental patient

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Not the happiest end to the story, but probably the most real.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 4 years ago
Sorry

But I side with the wife. The stupid husband was talked to about working too much, spending time away from her and what does he do? Spends more time away. Doesn’t matter what he was sneaking about doing, he was asking for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"No matter how minor the infraction?"

Guess we have a major disagreement on what minor means.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 5 years ago
Decent

But not quite there. Ted's not a wimp. If that were me I would senn the business and 5thide in another country so I couldn't be found;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ANOTHER SEQUEL

I Am Not A Wimp: Another Sequel by jack_straw.

Better than I hoped for. Undoubtedly the best (as indicated by the ratings).

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ted wasn't a wimp

The brother in law was...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

Doesn't work! So Ted divorced Jenny....and who won??? Ted wasn't a wimp...he was a hard-headed, self-absorbed ass-wipe! Jenny was a fool to pull a stunt like that, but in the end they were BOTH culpable!

Referring to the original story, he was a real ass-hole for trying to keep such a large project that took so long to complete, a secret to make it a surprise. That was just plain stupid! It was irresponsible! She was hurting and wanted her husband but did something very stupid to try to get his attention! He'll spend the rest of his life being a bitter, old, resentful, un-trusting ass-wipe while she wastes away in guilt and sullenness!

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
No

Don't care for this ending. I don't think Ted was a wimp. He dumped the bitch and got on with life. How can that be wrong?

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
Cool comment from Anonymous 10 May 2018...

"This Story Actually Makes Sense

... If I were Rob, I would have turned in my resignation and told Ted he couldn't work for someone who gave someone like Jerry Craig more credibility than he did Rob's sister Jenny."

Rob and Jerk are business partners, so that would have made an impact that Jerk would have to have paid attention to. Still, his head being where it was, he'd have needed an enema before anything would be clear to him. ojalá -- lala

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
I'd want to burn the cabin...

I understand why she never wants to see to the cabin. It was built on lies told to her by her back-to-work-and-nothing-left-for-her husband and her brother. The lies led to her decision to do something dumb, and just when she makes up her mind what little of her husband she can get, he dumps her because of the appearance of impropriety of her actions.

Her man saw Jerry try to roll up on her and reacted strongly enough to give her night of this-is-me-laying-claim-to-my-woman lovemaking. She wanted more of the same, he said that he was doing something great for her and for their marriage and dis-a-damn-'peared again! Everyone who saw her with Jerry told her husband, but no one talked to her -- were ANY of these people HER friends:nope, evidently there not ONE woman who commented on having heard from several people but didn't believe it until seeing for herself that Jenny had been seeing this fool, not one who might have straight up asked her had she lost her damn mind? Their telling her husband was good, and HE saw her, but not even HE talked with her about it, he just kept waiting for her to “confess.”!

What do they both have now: love, children,...? No and no, just business. She might can find somebody if she works to build her life outside of business, but his ass is going to stay alone. She did something stupid like what a high school sophomore would do to get attention, and it looked wrong to everyone, so, her innocence, foolishness, justification, love – all be damned, he fed his pride instead of his marriage.

calflashcalflashalmost 6 years ago
too little too late

Too bad Ted decided to take time off an enjoy(?) life. That would have avoided the whole mess if done sooner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This Story Actually Makes Sense

I never have been much on they-all-lived-happily-everafter story endings. But Ted is truly the person he never wanted to be...a WIMP! If I were Rob, I would have turned in my resignation and told Ted he couldn't work for someone who gave someone like Jerry Craig more credibility than he did Rob's sister Jenny. Or maybe Rob should hire Jenny to work for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Shitty ending

You let the cheater win. Something is really wrong with you.

weathermanksweathermanksabout 6 years ago
Bad,Bad,Bad.

You could just as easily have given them both a second chance and a happy ending. Too bad you chose not not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well, he certainly wasn't a wimp,,,

He saw the situation; realized it needed to be dealt with, so he did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
jenny's hypocrisy

Jenny lambasted Ted for showing affection for her in front of her subordinates. Then she intentionally dates an employee of Ted's numerous times in front of his employees while Ted is out of town.

Jenny knew Jerry was a sleaze, that he would brag. Fact is she counted on those facts.

True she did not have sex and never intended to cheat but she cdrtainly was disloyal

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
rob's view

If he insists on calling Ted a wimp, he must also call his sister a selfish, immature slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She should have never needed a second chance

Because she should not have screwed the pooch the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bull

He is no wimpy out ass. She did what she did on purpose. That is not a mistake that intent. If you can not tell the difference between intent and a mistake you have no brain!

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 7 years ago
... It's fine.

It's pretty much how this story would end, given how Ted reacted in the first one.

There's a lot of commenters around here throwing words like 'wimp', 'slut', 'cuckold', etc. All they did, really, was proving their own stupidity by showcasing they actually do not know the meaning of this words. Hell, even Rob calling Ted a wimp at the end proves how dumb he is! But, then again, he's a fictional character... 'don't think there's any valid excuse for all the anons around here.

At the end of the day, this was a story about two people that simply weren't meant to be married. Jenny showed, by her behavior, that she was too immature for a committed relationship (that sort of making-him-jealous scheme rarely work well in high school, so expecting it to work in the real world is simply idiotic and juvenile.) Ted, on the other hand, demonstrated how damaged he was from his childhood, first by not opening up to the supposed love of his live about what happened to his dad (I'm one thousand percent sure that, if he did, Jenny would have never try to use Jerry as an instrument to spur his jealousy), but also by not allowing ANY OPTION WHATSOEVER that may help to repair their marriage. Frankly, if this whole mess is not a perfect case proving the necessity of marriage counselors...

In any case, this is a very believable ending to this sad tale. As I see it, everybody lost here (there's a lot of morons who seem to think Rob somehow came out as the big winner... yet there's zero doubt he would have trade the cabin he now owns if it meant that the two people he loves the most, except for his wife and kids, would have a chance to come back together); Jenny's miserably wealthy, which, really, what's the poing of that? And, sure, Ted's probably dating, but there's little chance he'll ever allow himself to be as happy as he was with his ex, so, when all it said and done... he's probably just as miserable.

A believable cautionary tale about lack of communication in a marriage. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wimp

his brother in law was right he is a wimp a man would have put a stop to the other man and his a wimp like just puts his tail between his legs and runs damm WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why?

This is a flimsy plot, poorly told. There is no movement, no conflict, and no dialogue. The characters are cartoons without a bit of emotion and they never develop, so why? Why add to the previous story. This story did not need writing. Even if it did, this dog needs a ton of work. Sorry. I appreciate the effort but this is bad. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Rob the wimp

Rob was the worst person in this and the most rewarded.

Jenny did nothing right and deserves what she got. Authors notes on Ted is where marks for story go down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Rob and Diane Wound Up With Jenny's Dream Cabin?

How rewarding! Jenny should file a counter petition against Ted and file paper against Rob (yes, her brother) for Alienation of Affection. Rob had repeatedly taken her husband away to build the "dream" cabin. The cabin was supposed to be Ted and Jenny's dream cabin. But it became Ted and Rob's dream and Jenny was callously left out. Then, somehow, Rob and Diane wound up with it. Jenny should drive up and burn the cabin down. Her dream became a nightmare. This sequel comes up lacking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
There

Is one thinges you do not let go and that is lack of respect and dating another man ten times is piling it on way too deep. if you think that deserves forgiveness you have no brain or respect for yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

Sucked

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
she knew beforehand

To date a male other than husband is bad enough.TO INTENTIONALLY CHOOSE HIS MORTAL ENEMY AS THE MALE IS INSIDIOUS AND UNFORGIVABLE.

To engage so publicly in the betrayal just because she was miffed is unconscionable. True he had the proverbial issues but she destroyed his reputation and that of his company. The only way he is a wimp is if he took her back. Her brother allows his concern for her self-afflicted depression, to dispel his ability for rational objective thought

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 8 years ago

this was a faithful ending, pretty much how i imagined it going. the characters were complex and flawed. i know why ted is damaged, leading to his actions, but what made jenny so childish that she play her game? thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Teddy should be renamed Dick

Or pussy, or girly-man. Or asshole.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 8 years ago
Well Written Ending

This was a well written ending. Thank you for the effort.

Your perspective was that Ted was a "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of guy regarding this situation. Perhaps that is true, but in this case I would prefer to see some personal growth and the ability to get by skeletons of the past.

Certainly had Jenny been doing what she was doing with Jerry for her own personal enjoyment, it would have been grounds for divorce. As it was, she was not.

Thanks again for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
pretty good sequel

enjoyed part one and this sequel. Would have been nice to see mailroom Rod rewarded promoted for his comming forward to let Ted know what was going on.

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Make your own rules

A good finish but sad. When we are children its acceptable to blame our parents for their actions that may create the bad karma that affects our lives. But as adults we need to take responsibility for our own ideals and actions. I think Ted should have been able to give Jenny another chance looking at the circumstances i.e. he was also hiding things from Jenny for a surprise. He could have told her he was working on a surprise without giving out any details. However I'm with him on the jealousy bit. You can't make someone jealous if they don't know what you're doing. Jenny never explained that to any satisfaction. Was he a wimp? I think so. You need to fight for something that it important to you until you know the cause is lost, and then have the courage to walk away instead of just holding on because of a dream you had. Maybe he just didn't love her enough at the end of the day!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Intuitional linkage.

Good example of mystical linkage of our intuitive profiles. Consequences are fomented within the inexplicable forge that is our individual soul subject to our unavoidable touching of each other's destinies. Hopefully most of us readers will realize that there can be no salutary resolutions or summations for your carefully drawn characters. Great insight. That's all we have a right to expect or require of you.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Not a wimp, in a Lit. sense.

This was a fine Part 2. I am normally a BTB reader, but I thought the two should get back together. Apparently, Jenny is going to make do with a vibrator and Ted is never going to be happy until he gets rid of his baggage. He should have told all three of them about his hang ups re his father. They should have ganged up on him to get help. Then he and Jenny should have gone to couples counseling. How many years have gone by (in the story)? Do I smell a Part 3?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not a wimp

I agree with Ted, it seems to me that seeing a guy on the side, deliberately, whether you sleep with him or not, is a betrayal in a marriage.

It is worse to me, because she did it deliberately to make Ted feel she was cheating, and because she did it with someone who worked for him and in front of friends and family.

I can honestly say, if my wife did this that I would leave her too.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Sucked.

Ted still should have fired the brother-in-law, who he gave everything to. I say to all of the people who try to finish this and think that they are cute by saying that Ted is still a wimp, I hope that your wives cheat on you and let you eat all of the cream pies that your cucky little tummys can hold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a wimpy tale

about a wimp from childhood to supposedly adulthood

2 star

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
The conversation between Rob and Diane at the end is a tidy epilog to the original

Everything that came before it just seemed like a rerun of the original.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN ONE PARTNER GETS A MIND SET

it develops into a I'll Show Him. TK U MLJ LV NV

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Agree

I agree it's not much of a sequel but it reminds us that we cannot let things in the past spoil today or our future.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Easy Peasy

This was not a sequel at all, just some re-wording of the same things the original story had already said, which wasn't too good to begin with. Talk about taking the easy way out.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
ending

i think that he should of let her know what happened to his father before they got married when they talked about infidelity so that they both agreed on what it means. most people think of it as sex only but in truth it really is about emotions also. seeing someone else without you spouse knowing about it is a form of infidelity especially if it more than one or two times. but having lunch and dinners and dancing together and not telling the spouse about it is misleading the spouse.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Bah. Took the quick out om the sequel.

Sorry. But a no-brainer sequel.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Nothing Wrong with Husband!

I see nothing wrong with the husband. He had a underlying belief about trust, loyalty and love that his slut mother gave to him. Right or wrong, it was what he believed and how he lived his life. His wife may not have physically cheated on him but how many "dates" and how long did she carry on with the other guy. It was obvious that many, many people saw them and realized something was going on. She never mentioned it to her husband, I wonder why not. No, this husband did nothing wrong. He lived his life, right or wrong, with his underlying beliefs. We all have these 'things' that help determine our course of action, and the way we live and interact with others.

I do think the husband should have told his wife about his early years to maybe help her with her insights. Is the husband a wimp? I don't think so.

This could have been a reconciliation story and I would have been OK with that. But he just couldn't get over her betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ted truly was a wimp

In this and in the original story. A wimp is one who backs away or runs away. Ted did both. He is emotionally stunted and will die a lonely sad excuse for a man. Unfortunately his actions appeared to have destroyed his ex's faith in men as well. So the cycle continues but at least there will be no future generations in this bloodline. Darwinism at it's best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting spin but not well thought through

In the end Ted had 2 choices given his life experiences and resulting world view: 1. Suck it up and go back to a relationship in which he had no trust in his wife...and did something that made him unhappy and settle for an unhappy relationship he did not want (which is what his father did); or, 2. Decide not to be unhappy or compromise on his morals and view of what a loving and trusting marriage should be (which his wife did not abide by) and change his life history by his choice of zero tolerance for infidelity (lack of loyalty). He chose the second which is not that path a wimp would take. While I understand your thinking, it appears to the reader that you have a stilted view about second chances that is either unrealistic or prevents you from seeing further than what you wish to see.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Sorry but failure

This ending wasn't any better than the original. And your analysis of Ted's behavior didn't ring true. I felt he was simply stuck with his stance regarding cheating. And he had no give in his feelings on the subject.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
the problem with this story

both the original and this follow-up, is that a smart successful woman (that eventually become a CEO?), would resort to an 8th grade schoolyard tactic of jealousy to "improve" her marriage, is just so incredibly unbelievable. This follow-up can't change the intent of cageytee's original hook, but the fact that neither version suggested any measure of therapy or counseling, was my biggest problem. Both of these people have severe problems, and yet no professional help was proffered from any source. The "to be or not to be" a wimp idea fell flat for me as well, because again, not a lot of time was spent emphasizing that better communication could have avoided this entire conflict. Hubby and brother can hint that she has a surprise coming, and these weekends away were not work related without ruining the surprise. Just as wifey NOT resorting to immature and juvenile mind games instead of continuing to stress to him the importance of prioritizing their marital private time should have produced the results she was looking for. Someone might say that if these two HAD communicated better, then there wouldn't have been a story to read. But I still think a better story involves a conflict, where the characters can learn something from it and emerge stronger and wiser from it. Neither hubby nor wifey are stronger or wiser after the events of this story. It is just sad that even with people in their lives that care strongly about them, that they couldn't have figured this out, and gotten the real help that they BOTH would have needed.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Bit of a Crash and Burn

I forsee an early grave or suicide or Ted; dude needs some psychiatric help.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You fail as a Psychiatrist

I disagree with your analysis. I think he loved her too much to let her go, given the overwhelming evidence from the FBI surveillance, and that he put aside his ego and took her back. They had 3 kids and enjoyed a long and happy life. I chose the happy ending. You chose the train wreck without any conclusive evidence that he would have gone that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Still a shitty ending.

Burn the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hypocritical. Asinine. Pathetic.

And that's the nice things. Was Jenny unfaithful? Did she share her love, her heart or her body with someone other than her husband? No. She didn't. So because someone else started a rumor, found to be false, the victim of the rumor is punished? Wtf? Oh right, because everyone believed a lie, the victim of the lie was punished. It doesn't matter what the truth is, so I would like to start a rumor, the author of this story blows goats. That's right. Goats. Everyday. So let's arrest him. After all, I said it so it must be true.

Fuckig stupid!

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
BS

rational women who are in love with their spouse dont play mind games and destroy their marriages

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well done ending!

This ending was a lot better than the other one.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
STERN AND ADAMANT

makes lonely seem crowded. TK U MLJ LV NV

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Hmmmm

Great comments. She did't didn't know about his early trauma. Thus, no communication. She was destined to fail. He was set in his beliefs but didn't want to convey them to her because...why? He kind of sounds like a self-centered male fundamentalist doesn't he?

I am surprised that he did not stone her or throw acid in her face for being seen with another man in public. Sounds like Ted developed his own belief system and just forgot to tell anyone! I don't buy the comment that everyone has a right to practice their own beliefs. Especially when dealing with others with different beliefs. If that was the case...then why are we so pissed off at the Islamic fundamentalists? Aren't they just demonstrating their beliefs and dislike of our open society?

The wife in this story was not going out to cheat. She had a purpose to just get Ted's attention, even if she didn't understand her husband enough to know it was stupid to try it on him. I blame him more than her for not letting her know about his childhood trauma.

So why identify with this male character? He was not sincere in his statement of love for her. He was unforgiving and did not demonstrate love for his former wife who was trying to save her marriage. Do you like him because he was Macho and stubborn to the point of being ridiculous? He destroyed his wife's life as a loving wife with his own issues...

I did notice that very few other commenters liked this story, even if well-written. No, he was not a wimp in actions, but like Rob said he was a wimp in his childish and immature reactions. Maturity is about tolerance and communication...not intolerance and dwelling in the past. We all change our views and change in maturity as we grow older. I no longer think my daughters have to get married to be happy. I am no longer as prejudiced towards blacks or other minorities even though I was raised that way. People can change their views and should. I am no longer traumatized about my first wife's cheating and our divorce 30 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
awful

I disagree with this author that Ted is a loving man. During his marriage in the original (cageetee) he showed little emotion or feeling in his life to Jenny which prompted her to do some of the things she did. She was always making a effort with getaways or show up at her husbands job and going to lunch. She made a mistake with Jerry but Jenny had no idea of Ted's negative experience when he was growing up and saw how his stepmother made a cuckold of his father. Ted really needs major professional help. He was the major contributor to the break up of his marriage and he doesn't understand it. Actually it is good that he did divorce because he if he had kids he would of screwed them up and made them nutjobs also. I appreciate the effort of this author to complete this story and it was well written. Thanks for continuing it and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I don't like it....

but I admit it probably is how it would have happened.....not many happy endings in life.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Can't say I liked it...

at least, not much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This Story Is Closer to The Story by Gageytee

I have read a two different endings to the story and I believe this is the best fit.

Ted's personality has been not just shaped by his step mother's infidelity and poor treatment of his father, to me Ted's whole life has been formed around the idea that trust is the most important element of any relationship. He has witnessed the trauma of his father’s marriage and eventually his father’s end, do to the deceit of his step mother. Trust must be in his marriage as well as his professional life. Based on my experience in business, trust is the key factor to be successful in business relationship and without trust you can maybe get by, but I doubt you will ever become truly great in a business endeavor without building trust in your employees and building trust with your vendors as well as your customers. Ted has courage to stand by his principles and relies on that to guide him in his business practices as well as his guide to life. Rob should have seen that trust was a key element of his business philosophy long before Ted was telling the tale of his father’s life. How Rob could have missed that element seems to be a character flaw in Rob.

Jenny seems to be a self centered person that really missed now important trust was to her husband. The only out come for this situation is that he must be able to trust people around him and Jenny was certainly not a person that he could trust. She seems to be a lying, manipulative person, which puts her own satisfaction ahead of her marriage and most definitely ahead of her husband.

This ending much better fits the characters in the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
common sense was the star of this story

wife was a fool and hubby was a fool.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
It sucked

It Sucked

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous