All Comments on 'I May Be Dumb . . .'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 351 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I was waiting better ending blaaah

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bah, I am so tired of reading stories that insist on telling us the cheater's side of the story, it never reveals anything insightful.

rruymannrruymannabout 2 years ago

Poor ending. Below par writing. A waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story continuously skated between dumb and sad throughout ! If I felt pity for Mark.. I felt sad for the writer who managed to breach new heights of wimpy writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not a likeable story to read about a man who really has no self respect. I like your writing,just not what you tend to make out of men at times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

TRAILER PARK TRASH.....CUCKS ARE FUCKING DUMB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You didn't do justice to your usual writing level with this submission. It was unnecessarily repetitive and thus making the story longer than required to advance the storyline. 2*

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

God what a stupid self entered bitch. Ooo…a real villain this one. Thanks I enjoyed and hatred that story. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I lived a similar story. She calls every break-up wanting me to return. 30 years married later to the REAL love of my life, I thank God for unanswered prayers, and a better plan for me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is hard to read because the main character is so pathetic for most of the story.

froggytreefroggytreeover 1 year ago

I really couldn't get into this one. You made the main character so horribly insecure that he couldn't stand up for himself even when he knew what the bitch was doing.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow the whole crux of your MC's existence of identity as a Man comes down to one sentence? If a Man any Man no matter how indoctrinated by Feminazi Liberals about how evil Masculinity is gets abused just like in this story they don't get divorced. They go on a killing spree and that's not hyperbole that's a FACT 😎😎😎

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

From page 1 this yarn felt like a train wreck was about to happen in this pair’s relationship, and it did. I love train wrecks. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When Julia went to see if she had made a mistake in leaving Robert, Mark should have seen he made a mistake by getting involved with her skanky ass. By the time her weekend of checking in with her past was over, he should have moved on to a future that did not include such a self centered and disloyal slut. He had no one to blame except himself for any further problems related to her fidelity. She had shown him who she was. He should have believed her and acted accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He had fallen totally in love with her. I can understand this. Mark, her husband was willing to bend over backwards for her only, at the time she couldn't see it...She had become infatuated with her former teacher not realizing that he was playing her until it was too late. When she finally did come to her senses. She asked Mark if they could start over. He rose up and told her, I may be dumb but I'm not Stupid. It was his way of saying. You ripped my heart out and you think that now I trust you? I trust that you did it once, You'll do it again, No Thank You... Then, she wonders what Robert is doing... If there is a sequel, She should remember what her mother told her... "Don't lose this one, He's a keeper" In the sequel she should work night and day to get Mark back no matter what... Quit her job and become a stay at home mom... But then again, this is a story. I read this as she regretted her decision to divorce. She had a very good thing going and besides, I'm a sucker for reconciliations. if nothing else, for the sake of the children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Julia is a perfect modern day feminist. She's as self centered, manipulative and narcissistic as she's been programed to be. The world would be a better place if women like her all died in a fire. No man deserves her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She wondered what Robert was doing... That thought lasted only five seconds... No, No way. Never again Robert... Mark is her man.... She quit her job, Through their respective lawyers she managed to get an audience with Mark....Wearing only a black raincoat. she slips it off, She's totally naked. On bended knees she begged him to take her back, even handing him a box containing a chastity belt and putting it on then handing him the key.... Mark looks at her and asks; "Are You Serious?" Her tears are flowing... The phrase of ; "I maybe dumb but I'm not stupid" fades away from his mind... He watches her for the next couple of minutes bawling her eyes out. her body shaking... He takes a-hold of her under her arm pits and lifts her up onto her feet... His heart melted... He hugs her. Somewhere in the back of his brain, a little demon screams out; "DAMN !" As Mark temporarily leaves her standing to pick up her raincoat and has her put it on.... He escorts her out to his car. Leaving her seated in his car after locking the doors. He goes back inside to the two Lawyers... Shakes their hands and tells them thank you for helping me get my wife back. He may have signed them, she may have signed them but, they were never filed. Dang it, Conquered by True Love. He had fallen that deep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MARK WAS A CUCK!!

THIS WRITER ENJOYS WEAK WIMP PATHETIC MALE CHARACTERS AND CHEATING SKANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At first I thought she was a sociopath, but no typical female.

RileyKingRileyKingabout 1 year ago

She was a narcissist and he was in love. He finally woke up after getting manipulated time and time again. When she said she needed go visit Robert before they got married, he should have cut bait. NEVER be someone’s back up plan.

She was evil and convincing and her boys would be the ones suffer from having a mother like that. Just would have liked to see Mark stick it to get better. She needed to suffer more

Diecast1Diecast1about 1 year ago

Like the story a lot. AAAA+++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How stupid is this writer? If she is as big of a narcissist as he describes, she would've told Allen's wife and filed sexual harassment and possible sexual assault complaints against him. Since they are working with Federal agencies, they will be under the Federal EEO microscopic scrutiny of contractors and supplies. The professor's consultancy and their liability insurance carrier would pay her piles of money. These stories skew human nature all to hell and back.

flatcar44flatcar44about 1 year ago

Mark was written as a total delusional wimp not wanting to face the music over and over again. Yeah, he eventually wised up, but it was a painful journey. And all the talk of the kids! They were 2 and 4 years old for divorce timeframe. Yeah, they won't like yelling, but not communicating just to spare their young feelings? Get real. 2*. Other stories are much better.

rruymannrruymann12 months ago

Even Arnold Palmer triple bogeyed once in a while.

mfbridgesmfbridges11 months ago

Mark was a wimp and she had no real respect for him. The rest of the story is a waste of time at that point.

RzcanuckRzcanuck11 months ago

@mfbridges your comment "Mark was a wimp and she had no real respect for him" made me think. The author also had no or little respect for his main character. The story could have been much better if he had.

Lorry3188Lorry318811 months ago

What a stupid woman can’t make it on her own ( that is what she supposedly wanted ) everything in this story was about what she wanted no respect for any one else in the end she got what she deserved “ NOTHING “ to bad for Mark l liked him

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a weak character!!! A pale shade with no resemblance a human being. Wasted time.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain11 months ago

Another author that has to jump his timelines in the story.

Damn...Start from the beginning & finish at the end!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a load of selfishness rubbish

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A fairly good depiction of a narcissistic sociopath. Her parents would be so proud.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse6410 months ago

JImmy Soul said it best. "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife."

berjunmiesterberjunmiester9 months ago

Good story but with that length it could've been much more.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WORST STORY I’VE EVRE READ. WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY. COUNTER FILE FOR ADULTERY NAMING THE BOSS AND SUE THE COMPANY. INSTEAD PUSSY TAKES IT, SLITHERS AWAY AND LET’S THE WHORE HAVE EVERYTHING. HIS “big” REVENGE…REFUSE TO TAKE HER BACK. AGAIN, WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY.

(Of course I skipped three pages because I thought I might throw up if I continued to read.)

rruymannrruymann7 months ago

PRETTY POOR!!!! A WASTE OF EVERYONE*S TIME.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

PRETTY GOOD STORY ABOUT A TOTAL FUCKING CUNT.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The woman is a narccistic bitch. Same as a physchopath she has no true emotion and is certainly incapable of love. She will eventually end up alone with some cats for company after her sexy body fades away.

AstordatairAstordatair5 months ago

"Despicable" does not even begin to describe Julia. Mark gave it everything he could, but nothing could have changed the way she is. Very, very well written. 5 stars, easily! Thank you for this excellent story!

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Julia definitely fits in with LW’s worst cheating bitches, but Mark shoul have destroyed her. He just let her run over him without any resistance

At least her lover dumped her.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

I must agree with most of the reviews... Mark should have detriyed her!! She deserves no less. The only other option would be her accepting a completely submissive role in the potential remarriage. NO outside work. Full time mother and wife to her dominant husband... could make a great 2nd chapter. Thanks.

hank_rosehank_rose5 months ago

This story made me shiver a little to think that there are, in fact, women out there who think and act and plot just like Julia did in this story. I really like how this story was written. Admittedly, the first part (Mark) could get a little boring at times, but when it shifted to Julia's POV then a lot of questions were answered (or confirmed). Well written, well structure. Going to give this one 5* based just on that. Good job, keep it up.

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Good story up until the ending.4*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Julia was a Heartless, selfish Hoe and I wish you would do a story of her decent into being an Escort and eventually Drug Addiction and venereal Disease and miserabel Death.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This writer has good skills but doesn't understand that a character's exact thoughts are designated by italics or by putting them in 'single quotes.' That way, when the reader begins hearing the character speaking due to the use of dialogue quotes, I thought they're not thrown off when they read the tagline--I thought.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Such drivel. If she's such a great catch then she wouldn't have any problems getting a new man, if she's so 'amoral' she'd have no problems giving Mark sole custody and walking off into the sunset.

Honestly, no grown man would tell people such a stupid lie. He's not amoral, only psycho and sociopaths come close to being amoral. He's immoral because he's well aware of the prevailing morality and chooses when and which he will adhere to and expect others to and which ones he'll break in order to get ahead. He's simply a cheater that games the system. A true amoral person doesn't cheat doesn't game they simply just do and they sure as f don't go bragging like a teenager in a desperate need to get people to think they're edgy and cool.

Anyeay, that aside, the MC was just a total moron. He'd castrated himself the first time he let her go see her ex and then welcomed her back with open arms. Any normal person would have packed her bags and said 'you're now just someone I used to know'.

But hey, here's an MC that was stupid enough to get married straight after or during?? collage, and learnt then that he was either a poor judge of character or inadequate or both.

I guess the writer was in their 60s and wasn't aware that today even people that marry their HS/Collage sweethearts tend to live with them for years before marrying and often only then after they've already had kids.

Such a very poor story that ultimately paints a highly Inteligent and ambitious woman as a complete incompetent fool.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

And interesting exploration into character.

This is an excellent story for young people of good moral character to understand how cruel the world of people who are not like them can be. They are amoral, selfish and manipulative. Many are narcissistic, a dangerous psychological disorder. There are several other disorders that can be just a deadly.

The author is to be commend for what is an excellent psychological profile, and an excellent warning of how to avoid heartache in a marriage of unequals. The moral person is the one that gets hurt.

Another author who effectively explores these is other2other1.

ViolentKnightViolentKnightabout 2 months ago

Men like Mark are weak, pathetic doormats who refuse to learn that the moment a woman takes the lead in the relationship, she leads it to the end. Any man that focuses on serving his wife than leading the relationship always gets cheated on because he reveals himself to be weak. Mark repeatedly did that.

Julia was an amoral garden tool and the only one to treat her the way she deserved to be treated was Allen, who used her for the only thing she was good for then threw her away.

5 stars, cause it was well written regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This idiot was dumb and stupid. Why do authors seem to portray their male protagonists as weak and stupid?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous