All Comments on 'I Want To Be Around'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
There is not a lot to Like about Patrick ....is there?

I thinks Cassidy is REALLY gambling with him.

Patrick has known Riley Most of his life.... there is NOTHING about Riley's actions that fooled patrick at all. Riley was Player and so was ..at one ...patrick.

BOTH of them would lie cheat steal give a woman too much booze or date rape drugs -- Riley clearly would.

then Patrick is SHOCKED to see that Riley a "player" is using Him to get at cassidy.

and why doesnt Patrick see this? all becuase Riley is his friend??

Run Cassidy Run....

lancewmlancewmalmost 14 years ago
Excellent story and writing

I really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
...umh Harry,

there must be some strange 'shrooms in the moonshine you imbibe.

Story was good, thx!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
...the trouble with Harry... (Harry in VA, that is...)

... is that he apparently thinks that it's his job in life to show up on Literotica and live up to his name. (The dictionary defines "harry" as "to harass, annoy, plague, molest, trouble, bother or be a nuisance to... something or someone")

I've been reading stories here for quite some time, and I've noticed something. Harry-in-VA has never written one single story - or, if he has, he's never submitted it here for publication. If he'd done even that much, then he just might have a leg to stand on, when posting his scathing little critiques of just about everyone's stories. Judging by the number of times I've seen his "reviews" posted, he's got no other life, outside of reading the tales on Lit, and then trashing them. (If any of you have actually seen even ONE tale that he appears to have loved, let me know. I haven't.)

Does anyone (other than me) wish that he would take his pathetic efforts at "literary reviews" to some other story-forum?

Now, as to the matter of this story:

Woodman, this tale was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish, and even the somewhat "predictable" twist in the story was made delicious by the second "twist" (the one engineered by Sarah) that I didn't see coming! Keep these stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Now There's A Commenter I Can Love!

Well said AC. It just shows how much we all loves Public Douchebag #1. Listens to M.O.D.'s Ode To Harry like every fucking day and laughs at his hillbilly ass.

SA!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nothing happened

A long way to go for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice

Very realistic story about two good people.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
I enjoyed this romantic tale

I liked the twists in this tale, including the one where Cassidy gets a little payback!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 13 years ago
nicely written with some good twists

I really appreciate your story. Nice twist to the story of a player trying to be played by a fellow player.

So keep writing what you like because I am enjoying what you are writing!

Thanks for posting and the enjoyable time I had reading

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
So well done!

What an excellent job of responding to the challenge and using a song about revenge and yet ending up with your normal happy ending. This was very well plotted and executed. Thanks for a great read!!

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Eh!

Not bad, if you like perfect stories perfectly written!

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Story

Apparently our good friend Harry did not read between the lines, or perhaps did note that Patrick was honest man who played the field with honorable behaviour. Cassiday is going to have a great husband....

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
I love happy endings...

This was an excellent story, it went just as I wished that it would.

phd70phd70almost 11 years ago
Fine Tale, with a surprise or two and a good ending

Thanks for a great shorter tale, with a hero both strong and honorable. I am a sucker for good endings and stories about succesful family foundings and growth. Thanks Woodmanone. Keep up the good work and entertain us with more of your good stories. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another Excellent Contribution

Keep them coming!

ohyessssssohyessssssover 8 years ago
woops

Nothing earth shattering here, but, the song was a hit for Tony Bennett, not Frank Sinatra.

kaiser27kaiser27almost 8 years ago

Why are your protagonist always so dumb? You depend too much on your protagonist making dumb decisions to move your plot foward on most of your stories.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Second reading

Still a great tale to be entertained by.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5-Star Story

I tried to give this story 5-Stars. One star lit up on my tablet and I couldn't correct it? Sorry & I hope somebody else can. I've read all your stories down to here and they all rated 5-Stars so far. Thank you for a lot of excellent reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What bullshit!

Those four guys almost killed him. A 2x4 is considered a weapon. If they brought it with them then its premeditated assault causing bodily hard. They would be doing hard time. So what is this shit about not charging them! The girls were witnesses to his beating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed it, all but the all too frequent typos.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Amusing

Amusing little story, very enjoyable

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Good

Another good story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Easy , enjoyable story to read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This Guy writes some serious GOOD stuff. Love the way his stories go. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

RILEY WAS A TOXIC BASTARD

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 1 year ago

Frank Sinatra was one of many to interpret the song. His version wasn't the first and not even the first commercially succesful one. The idea for the song goes back to Sadie Vimmerstedt, she wrote a letter about it to the than famous songwriter Johnny Mercer, including the opening line. Mercer wrote the song, the contract with Vimmerstedt granted her co- authorship and 1/3 of the royalties. woodmanone in his preface to this story at first points out truthfully that this song was interpreted by Sinatra, but proceeding to cite the lyrics he starts with the title (of course) followed by "by Frank Sinatra". It should say "by Vimmerstedt/Mercer". Credit where credit is due. I've stumbled upon similar false crediting here numerous times.

This is NOT nitpicking. I'd ask any author here to imagine that someone would recite his/her story or poem to a broad audience, while the host of the event would attribute authorship to the speaker.

Other than that I'm reading woodmanone's stories for the second time and favourited him. Thank's for your work and for sharing, I wish you'd still be contributing to this site!

TwoSpeed52531TwoSpeed525316 months ago

One of the best stories I’ve read in a long time. Nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...