All Comments on 'I was a Rock Star's Secret'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story

Wonderful love story...loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Welcome Back & Multiple KUDO's Author

A very good read by someone who knows how.--------.

Alaska to Nevada. Coldish to warmish +. You are appreciated Author. With Very High Regard

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 17 years ago
Smith, Jones & Johnson?

You came up with some pretty wild last names for the band memebers in this one! As usual, I enjoyed your story. Ten years is a long time to pine for someone, even when you're married! This was a nice story and a happy ending is always appreciated! Thanks for posting it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
GOOD not great; why after 10 years?

the authOr shOws thIS GUY to be a pragamist and realist. He accepts she choose fame and money and rock and roll over him. OK

But why then would a guy like this... a pragmatist with a good head on his shoulders STILL be holding a torch for this woman who chose fame over him?

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
I admit it!

I just love this story! Stories from you are just a delight to read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Outstanding

Glad to see your back,another great story.Your one of the

authors that i will look for in any updates.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Story!

The only incredible part of the story was the fact that Don waited 10 years to have signficant other relationship. I mean if he was such a stable dependable guy why should he pine his life away? Other than that part the story had a lot of passion and romance.

SleeplessinMD

DeadWouldDeadWouldabout 17 years ago
A really great story

Thoroughly liked the well drawn characters.

Even when she 'left' him you managed to keep us from hating her.

Wonderful use of language in many places. I truly liked the part where the smart arse friend had to eat crow.

Looking forward to your next story.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Nicely told

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Awesome!

I cried reading the story. It was so romantic! Really awesome. Who would have known a famous rocker would eventually go back on her root and settle down for a normal nobody guy?

Thanks for such a great love story!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Very Good Romance.

I was wondering what would have happened had he NOT gone to the Casino that particular night.. Would she have tried to look him up?. Or would Leah?. She seemed to get some credit for their reunion.. I doubt one could say the ten years were wasted, she needed that time with the band.. But, regardless, it all worked out to a very happy ending!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bullshit

Ten years? Good story except for that.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
I Love a Happy Ending!

Well said!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
LOVED IT!!!

Hey!! forget the nay sayers, the story was very well done and even jerked a few tears out of this 66year old

Canuck (Canadian Eh!!) Keep banging them keys, you done good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful...............

I'm a sucker for a good (make that great) love story and that's exactly what this story is.

A fabulous tear-jerker.

Thank you for your imagination and talent.

Norman

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent

Very worthy story. Well written and nicely paced.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Still one of the best stories on the site

Great read even the third time around

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Still one of the best stories ever written.

Who gives a rodent's rectum about believability, although this story really has it, at least to this fan of yours.

This is a delightful story. No cheating, special forces guys, just a lovely love story.

To the person who's read it 3 times, try 50 for me.

I can never get enough of this wonderful love story. If I ever feel a little depressed I can read this and I always feel better.

This is a classic, make no mistake.

Thank you author for a wonderful pick-me-up.

greyfalcongreyfalconalmost 13 years ago
Refreshing tale

I liked it..

the character of rhea was fully believable. Anyone who had a chance at doing something and proving to the world their talent would atleast try for a shot at fame. The only small grudge i had against her was the way she broke up relationship. But again the reason you provided for the way she did it only made this story more amazing. its human nature to not want confrontations which you know would we very sad at the end. So by kissing the guy she gave her message out. It was realistic.

the story would have been better if you had shown that the guy had tried to be in some relationships but they had failed to turn into something deep, rather than showing him craving for someone who had clearly preferred fame over him. The other commentators have already taken up on this point.

The ending was nice as well especially the humorous interlude with jim.

4 stars for this one. i wanted to give 5 but the small grudges added up to take away that point.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyalmost 13 years ago
Terriffic Story

Like others I have a problem with them pining away for each other for ten years. That is simply too destructive. Other than that it is a great story with believable characters and a tear-jerker ending.

Okay, I admit I am a sucker for happy endings.

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sweet

Sweet ending to an entertaining story.

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
True Love...

...can be truely eternal, if extremely rare. Loved the story and I really liked your hero. Especially how he didn't become a wimp or self-destructive. Likewise, he didn't devolve into an emotional creature with no rational mind.

I can't really see a scenario that would play out for these two, as described, that would have allowed them to be together happily for the 10 years they were apart. A real testament to a solid plot and cast.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

Despite that decade-long slump in the middle, this felt like a light-hearted story which I enjoyed very much. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great

this is a great story

love, heartbreak and a great ending

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Cintrivex

A bit contrived that decade apart is just stupidity and not some tale of star-crossed lovers, when she decided that only becoming famous mattered, though becoming famous and being in a relationship is in no way mutually exclusive, he should have just moved on. Instead they both wasted some of their best years alone, hardly romantic.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Over-analyze = lose focus on the big picture

Good story. Great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Love This Story

Of course it's a big fantasy, but I still love it. I mean it's like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. You know they're not real but you still can't help loving them. Sure, nothing like this ever happens to "regular" people, but fantasy makes the world a more hospitable place for regular people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a load of crap!

Rhea didn't have sex with any men for ten years, ya right not! She was banging a new guy at every venue. She was also into drugs and alcohol so when she was inebriated she was more than likely having gang-bangs. There is no way that she saved herself for him for ten years! Bullshit!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Everybody. This is a LOVE story. Kinda like Cinderella or Snow White. Some slack on “reality” needs to be given.

In reality? 10 years without sex for a hot famous women who was into drugs and alcohol? Probably not likely, even if she meant to stay celibate. But high on drugs, or loaded on booze she probably would have succumbed to somebody at sme point.

And Don? Apparently a really good looking guy, and in reasonable financial situation, in “Sin City”, a city FULL of hot and loose women (kind of like Hollywood, a city where beautiful woman congregate to “make it”.) didn’t have beautiful women throwing themselves at him? He, I can see, MIGHT, despite the temptations, been able to stay celibate. But Rhea? Doubtful.

The thing we need to have a “suspension of disbelief” in is the strenghth of emotion, and strong enough will of two people who were separated while they were still in love with each other. I mean, we celebrate the celibacy between a soldier and spouse for 4-years in a time of war. Or what about “tie a yellow ribbon” for a long term prisoner and his loving wife? Are most of these likely if they happened to you or me? Probably not. But we do cheer, and are happy, for the people who it does happen to.

Again, it is a “Love Story” so I certainly give the author some slack because of that.

This is a 4-star story to me. Very very good, but not quite up to the level of “Literotica Classic” for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Finally!

A story that I can give ALL 5*'s to. I thought it was one of the better stories I've read on Literotica. Great from beginning to the ending..

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 6 years ago
No

Nice story but you can't compress 10 years of absence into instant reconciliation and marraige. Doesn't work.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueover 5 years ago
ok

Interesting Rhiannon's band mate called her dumb, and in no place was he called names. Impressive.

10 years goes beyond incredulity, and while bumping into her fit the plot nicely, I have doubts she would have, you know, called him had it not been for that.

And, he wasn't supposed to be at the concert she was kissing someone else on stage, and her surprise showed it wasn't the signal he took it for. The story and facts don't match, and lots is based off of his totally wrong, inane and implausible interpretation. That's generally a sign of some author fetish or maybe inexperience.

Alright, include what you did about his beginnings and people complain it's worthless; don't and there's complaints about no character development. Well, I just don't get where his genius fits into the plot, or where the characterization actually matters. He didn't do anything special with it at all. I get the feeling he was a Wal-Mart greeter, which isn't that bad if you're 65 and bored.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Geez...

Some commentors need to get a freakin grip. It’s FICTION. In other words, it’s “Made Up”. So maybe, just maybe, criticizing it as though it was a real, TRUE story, is pointless. Oh hell, what’s the use, anyone who doesn’t know the meaning of ‘fiction’ isn’t going to get my point anyway. BTW, curious2c, I thought it was a very good story.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 4 years ago
What you got from the story

In spite of the bull from the anons this is a good story. The most important thing about a story is did you enjoy it. I did. Very nice insight and well told. Thank you for your hard work.

Woodmanone

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Nice story and faved I just really wish it was longer. The set-up and love that lasted almost 3 pages with a far too fast wrap-up for 10 years being apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice but ridiculous... So neither of them really dated for a decade? She didn't fuck anyone else for 10 years because of him? Just doesn't seem very plausible. Otherwise I liked the story, wish it was longer and fleshed out a little more of their relationship so that her betrayal and his heartbreak had more impact.

peter944peter944over 1 year ago

Great story although I think you could have made a lot more of it, you glossed over her drug and alcohol issues and then her sudden cleanup of her life. I think there was a lot left on the table here that could have taken a good story and made it great. Also I think the ending seemed abrupt. Even when a band has members off “going solo” there usually is some kind of “continuation” if only because the fans demand it. Maybe a sequel should be written.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Great story, but it was too short. This could’ve been a long one it had all the makings. But l loved it, scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I wish there was more to the story. It just seems a bit compressed at times, like a few important but not necessarily vital parts were skipped unnecessarily.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too munch on the fantasy side of male fantasy. Too rushed too to make it believable. Not bad, not great for me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Never, to my knowledge, in the history of rock and roll has a band had three hits on their first record. The Beatles didn’t. The Stones didn’t. The Who didn’t. Genesis didn’t. Queen didn’t. The Eagles didn’t.

Other than that…nice story.

davezqdavezq5 months ago

After suspending my disbelief earlier on, I enjoyed it. Learned about dharma. And I’m a sucker for happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As soon as I saw her name I knew this was going to be dire ... and I wasn't disappointed, it truly was excrement.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Wow again. What can I say ,I'm a sucker for happy endings. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous