All Comments on 'I'm Not Lisa Ch. 04-06'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Lovely

I laughed when I read some of the words from the song as part of the story.

I'm not Lisa

My name is Julie

Lisa left you

so long ago

Always been one of my favorite songs, by Jesse Colter IIRC. Always wished someone else would record that song, that has just a little bit better voice.

I have only one comment and that is about a common device I see used in stories. Julie misinterprets who she saw hugging Rance in the driveway. Leaves and turns off her cell phone, just to make sure she does not get things right. I suppose it allows for good makeup sex, but it seems a bit impulsive, but there I go putting my personality onto the characters.

Like the story, please keep it going.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Nice Story

In most short romances the cycle would be complete while in a novel there would be a big break still in the future. Good Lord maybe Julie leaves rings in the bath tub.

<P>

It would be interesting to read this entire story, from Rance's POV and beginning back when he hooks up with Lisa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

Just excellent. I liked the song as well. This is a well told story with a minimum of contrivence. I look forward to the next sections.

RopergirlRopergirlabout 13 years ago
Great story!

Great job on this story. I look forward to reading the continuation. You did a great job detailing ranch life and making the relationship between your characters believable and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Nice story, but you don't know much about computers.

An HR database is not remotely difficult or complex, and a Stanford grad would *not* be "excited" to be working on such a project. And, oh, the design would take a single person about 2 hours. And, firewalls have to do with controlling unknown incoming traffic, not database authorization. The big pain-in-the-neck would in fact be scanning in paper documents -- what you call "loading the database".

catman71catman71about 13 years ago
great story

nice local background to set the realism( the town, its place on the trail). her foibles of confidence( and yes to sid. people are that dumb, have seen it, once was the victim of it)

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
The Caroline Encounter

What a nice touch that was! An excellent way to introduce conflict and give us a lesson on problems that can arise from lack of communication.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Too unbelievable.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqriabout 9 years ago
Great story!

Great fiction story! Its wonderful to think two folks could love each other and try to make it work!

Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Caroline explanation was so pathetic....how exactly did she kiss Rance....it's contradictory to what his mother said about the brother-sister relationship seeing as her husband worked for Lisa's father!! If he could just jump and run off to and for Caroline without even thinking of Julie then it speaks volumes.

Then more fucked up is that Julie just jumps into bed with him....guess a quick fuck solves everything!!

PISS POORLY WRITTEN

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous