All Comments on 'I'm Not Lisa Ch. 10-11'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
hodunkhodunkabout 13 years ago
AWESOME !!

I HAVE LOVED THIS STORY FROM THE FIRST WORD ! As the story unfolded I couldn't wait for the next installment, what an author you are.Please keep writing as your talent shouldn't be wasted.

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Good story

I commented earlier on the words of Jessie Colter's song that sprang from the pages of the second posting. "I'm not Lisa, my name is Julie.........." It was fitting using that song as an inspiration for a modern western romance.

Nice story, nice characters and you should keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

this is so sad

NightimevisionsNightimevisionsabout 13 years ago
Great work!

I really enjoyed this story a great deal. I hope that you continue putting out such great work in the future.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Fine Romance

Though there were less breakups than normal! Nice people,

well drawn. I am not a great fan of the romance but I like everything that Coaster2 has written. Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
very wonderful

The whole series was a joy to read and I can't say enough about it

Lindsay44Lindsay44about 13 years ago
Well Done! Truly enjoyable

I really enjoyed the way you wrapped up your story, the plot flow was believable, and the feelings of Rance & Julie were well expressed, there weren't any sex episodes between the two, but, you felt the passion your characters experienced.

Thank you for a Great Read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well Done!!

Very enjoyable to read. Good pace and almost all of the threads were completed. What happened to Lisa? An in your face would have been good. Other then that it was really good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Nice....

Since I have driven the whole damn way you spoke of between Spokanne and Trinade.... you did good except for betweem Buffulo and Denver is more like 6 1/2 hours in the summer and two days sometimes in the winter... And every time I went thru Trinadad... I froze my ass off! once it was 29 below yes BELOW ZERO and way too much snow! The coal bed methane wells have been a real pain in the ass in Wyoming tho.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Just excellent

Having been through and lived in many parts of the country you describe I can say you did a wonderful job. But, best of all it was a wonderful story.

mackenzie51mackenzie51almost 12 years ago
Excellent

A gifted writer and storyteller to be sure.

Continue to express your observations on people and relationships whilst combining integration into believable real life situations

Well done

mackenzie51

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Minor Quibble On A 5-Star Story

I don't care HOW close you are to you mother-in-law, NOBODY should hear about the pregnancy before the husband!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I mostly enjoyed the story. I think in the end there was way too much info and details about side subjects and people and not nearly enough between the main characters. Also seeing as the story is titled 'I'm not Lisa' I would've liked to see her at some point in the story.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Yes, A Good Story!

I enjoyed your writing and your story. It was about some real good people. However, I think I would have liked to see more interaction between the bad couples (Dexter, Lisa and Billy) and the good guys. The title reflects about Lisa and she is not really in the story. Just a minor quibble. Thank you for a very romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love this love story but...

It didn't make sense Rance taking off after his sister without saying something first to Julie. And why hadn't Cary previously visited to meet julie who had already been at the ranch for quite sometime esp. since she lived nearby. After all the story was very realistic in nature.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 7 years ago
I liked this.

Nice and romantic saga.

Thank you coaster.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
Nize story

Good romance, full of feelings and without explicit sex.

Really a great story.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 6 years ago
Since to see

I'm not the only one to listen to old country

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Nice story

Would have loved to have read that Lisa got some form of comeuppance; anyone who “Dear Johns” someone serving in combat deserved the rath of God.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Same old, same old"

Not a complaint. It had a new twist in it which was delightful and I have to say "Ditto" to the other remarks.

More, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Aside from all the patriarchal gender roles bullshit, the most ridiculous part was having the only bridesmaid also be the wedding photographer. That'd work out brilliantly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 Stars OLD_CROW

coaster2

I just reread “I'm Not Lisa” and enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the first time. You definitely raise the bar for quality stories. Thank you.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
Julie

seems to be taken a little bit from the popular song yrs back. my name is Julie i'm not Lisa . second or third time reading. each time pick up something new. keep several stories back to read when I need a pick me up

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
REMINDS ME

back 60 + yrs use to love riding. I would clean out stalls for a chance to ride.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 4 years ago
Once again...

I loved this story. Thanks coaster. Well done.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a wonderful love story, it had just enough drama to keep the story interesting until the end. In some ways it was like a Hallmark Movie as the couple found love and had a happily ever after. Well written story with good character development. 5 stars

myassisdraginmyassisdraginalmost 3 years ago
Well done!

This could the starting point of a second series featuring Rance and Julia and their expanding family....

You are an excellent writer...

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

I’m in total agreement re the bones of a Hallmark movie, this story has pretty much everything you need, the broken ex-Forces Hero, the Heroine the doesn’t think she has a chance, the faithless Ex, big city and small town ranch scenery, a bad guy and dumbass BiL, mix in the Hispanic/Blond Cowboy relationship and you’ve got an absolutely sure fire hit on your hands. I’d watch it and I don’t like Hallmark films! 5/5 btw, and thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A full score of 5 seems too less for this fantastic story. Sad that it ended too soon

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When asked about his actions in combat, Rance replied "I've always been crazy, it helps me from going insane".

Courtesy of Waylon Jennings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fabulous story but last part was very rushed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous