All Comments on 'In Another Dimension'

by sailor_6969

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
redlion75redlion75over 9 years ago

a possible explanation would have been good.for those of us in the real world where electric shock thru a building is never possible.i mean most 8th grade kids know that you have to get hit while outside,but the frame and other parts of the structure ground it for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
child's name should be corrected

His original child was called Chris/Christy then changed to Claire at the end. Hopefully his original wife got the other parallel world image of him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I found this story unbelievable on just about all fronts. Lightning wouldn't strike like that inside a building, a psychologist wouldn't give such casual advise to clearly such a serious situation, and innumerable more. But this is a free, amateur sex story titled "In Another Dimension," so I have to let some things slide.

The psychology of the wife is what got to me the most. She seems very, very eager for him to forget everything of his past and commit solely to her. The only way I could imagine a person acting like she does is if she knew exactly what was going on and was attempting to prevent him from finding out. I began reading this as almost a kind of Truman Show where some actors were fired and replaced and now they needed to pretend like nothing changed. This is even reinforced when you describe the wife taking her husbands dick into her mouth before the shower.

"To her surprise she found that the taste was not unpleasant and she was enjoying giving him pleasure." Written as if this was her first time giving this man a blow job.

Unfortunately, by the end, the imaginary story in my head was more interesting then the one written down in front of me. Though I still have to give the story some credit because I don't often read to the end and any story that can get my imagination going is worth something.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 9 years ago
It is ANOTHER Dimension...

The story is great on its own. As for the naysayers about getting hit by lightning inside a building, all it takes is for a single piece of structural steel or a power cable, or a water line to be improperly tied together to allow that multi-million volt charge to light up the whole inside of that building like a Christmas tree! Why do you think they recommend you do not use wired telephones or take a shower (or use any other water source) during a thunderstorm? That lightning bolt has already travelled from the top of that 40,000 foot cloud... do you really think another ten or twelve feet would bother it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

don't lessen to the others bull shit , all things are possible , in this world and others , good short story PS lightning can does travel throw buildings all the time ..

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 9 years ago
FWIW

I have heard of people getting struck by lightening through a window.

As for the wife's behaviour, as far as she's concerned nothing has changed. Therefor the behaviour of her husband is frightening to her and she wants nothing more than to get her world back in order.

And the blow job? The author was trying to suggest it was her first time. She was trying to get her husband to acknowledge her the way women have for millennia, aeons. Blow his mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Multiple times reading this and I just now saw a plot hole...

Why, if he is in a parallel dimension, does the bank statement have the notation "Charlotte's birthday present"? Shouldn't the alternate dimension have an alternate bank statement? I think a better way to have shown he really was in another dimension was for him to have a receipt from the shop showing this notation, or perhaps his checkbook (though who carriers a checkbook anymore?). Something that might have been on his person that would have been brought along with him to the alternate dimension.

KingCuddleKingCuddle4 months ago

No fair.

You need to clear up the mystery.

No excuses.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous