All Comments on 'Infidelity and Tragedy'

by Bazzza

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Unique

This is a unique tale told very well. From euphoric highs, to nagging doubts, to depressing lows, this story has it all in the span of 2 pages. Well done.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Impressive

I enjoyed this and apprreciated the emotional content. It was the furthest thing from a stroke story. You made me feel Gav's anguish as well as the conflict that existed in Clair. I also liked how it ended and and how Clair's death brough Libby and Gav together. Her death then did have some meaning. Thanks for a well thought out story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Unique

And a welcomed change.

My very best regards

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 18 years ago
Very well written!

This was a well done story and it had a moral! Very good job!

GhostbearGhostbearover 18 years ago
This is why

I don't write. I could never come up with a story as good as this. You wrote this with a lot of feeling. This story is one of the best I have read. It has a bit of everything in it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautifully Told

You really brought out the feelings.

It is a very thought provoking story.

Very well done.

The WandererThe Wandererover 18 years ago
There's Stories and there's Stories

This is something completely diferant.

Good work.

DC

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Excellent

Very good story and very well told. A different look at relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Job!

This story truly belongs in the loving wives category. Thanks for an excellent read!

SleeplessinMD

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
two thumbs

up, looking forward to your next one. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
nice job

Very nicely written story, with a slightly different plot. Your story, of course, does make Gav and his friends look like a bunch of stupid teen age lechers,but I guess that was your point, so that you could show his maturing. Nice story. the Ct. Yankee

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Very erotic and natural

There was so much cum and sperm shot, I cannot figure out why some babies were not accidently started, except for the condom use which was totally out of place especially the second time around with Claire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Good

One never knows what it takes to make a man out of a boy. Thanks for a good story.

Boyd

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Good

Nice job very good story loved this

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I was doing great with the story

until she told him he could cum in her mouth. Now, he has to wear a rubber because it's better than "dead" but she'll ingest his bodily fluids orally...Otherwise, great story.

ScribblerosScribblerosover 18 years ago
Interesting Plot and touching story

Interesting plot and a touching story. This is a well written one. You start to feel sorry for Claire after a while.

Keep it up mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Tragic but very much probable...

we felt sorry for the tragedy claire got herself in. but, looking back, the husband's quick and direct reaction could indeed be possible. how would you react discovering your wife banging on other men behind your back. could anyone just simply remain sober and talk things first. i doubt!

the most important thing here, however, is how this has affected gav and make it as a reminder to remain true and loyal to his girl/wife. and to libby too for getting a better grasp and understnding of her man...and most especially, herself. she learned to remain true and loyal to her husband in the end.

very well written and composed. something different indeed. thanks for a real good read.

looking forward to your next stories. with high regards.

benhur 726

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
good story

But there goes Don 87654 again with his pregnancy fantasy. I wonder if Donnie wishes he were Donnell and could have babies himself?

If Donnie had his way about it, the world would have so god damned many kids in it, there wouldn't even be room to walk.

Sick fucker

sherlock40sherlock40over 18 years ago
Just think if the husband had gotten the names

of those guys from his wife before she died. This story would probably ended a little different. I am sorry that the wife died. The husband should have just divorced her cheating ass. I am glad that the guy learned something from this, but I am surprised that he didn't know it was wrong in the first place. But I suppose that that wouldn't make a very good story. A guy that said no to helping a woman cheat on her husband. Who would believe it on this site?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thought provoking

I have read several of your stories in the past but never felt compelled to send a comment. This story was your best and most thought provoking. While the story is sad, the matuaration that it generates in the author is endering. You are a good author and when you focus on stories with content, the result can be excellent. This is well done and I hope to see more. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Growing up

This is truly an unusual angle regarding infidelity. Sometimes it takes a tragedy of this magnitude for people to learn the lesson of life. It is sad but true. The story line is beautiful and wish it could have been a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Maturity fromexperience.

You have given us a story where ther mains characters grow up in a very short time. I liked the way you did it. They both ended as better people and discovered that in each other. A story worthy of the title, Romance.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Goo0d

good story showing what can happen when you play. Some usually get hurt. very nice and well done

fdkmanfdkmanover 18 years ago
Different Theme

The story was very different from the typical "Loving Wives" story since we are shown only the wife's side and her lovers, nothing of the husband. I disagree that Gav was responsible to the degree he thinks he was.

He tried, more than once to find out why she was cheating and she shut him down each time. While he could, and probably should, have stopped having sex with her, she was responsible for her actions, no one else. She had the need, for whatever reason, to have sex outside her marriage and she knew the possible risks and accepted them. While I don't condone killing a cheating wife and can sympathize with the guy and see how things could get out of hand in the heat of passion, so to speak.

This was a good story with an interesting twist.

NucleusNucleusover 17 years ago
Touch my heart

Some teardrops falling down on my plastic steinway. It's the second good story of yours, I have read.

Stories, written in first person are more impressive. In other manner you can't come closer to readers.

It's a pity that I can't english not so good as german.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Good story except that you blew it

I cannot disagree more with this paragraph:

"But this hit me hard; of course it was our fault, at least to some degree. I liked Claire, she was a genuinely a really nice person who had a problem, one which we were quite happy to exploit. If we had sent her packing when she first arrived last night, she would probably be alive and smiling instead, of lying dead on a cold slab in the local morgue."

That's the guilt talking and it's speaking in lies. Claire had a problem and, if Gav and his friends wouldn't help her with it, she'd find help somewhere else. The fact that her husband murdered her wasn't Gav's fault. She'd still be dead whether he participated or not. Sending her packing is not the answer.

How do I know this? Because it's the same thing I thought when my boss committed suicide. I somehow thought I was responsible, that something I'd done or hadn't done was the reason he killed himself. It wasn't my fault but the guilt I felt because I'd survived and he hadn't made it seem that way.

There is something Gav should feel guilty about and that's not helping Claire get therapy, get help to understand why she does what she does and maybe find a way to cope.

A thought-provoking story, Baz, and I thank you for writing it. You blew it with the quoted paragraph but it's a mistake that's commonly made.

rpsuchrpsuchover 17 years ago
Alvaron: blew it depends

Of course you're correct that we tend to attribute results over which we have no control to ourselves, particularly when things turn out badly. Whether that's a negative in a story depends on whether the story is true.

If it's true and that's how the person felt, then that's how he felt and there is no good or bad in telling the truth. It may even turn out to be helpful when one of us points out it likely would have happened anyway. Someone else would have accepted her offer. She knew who she was married to and how volatile he could be. Maybe telling the truth leads to some comfort.

If it's just a story, neither is better, they just tell different stories. The character's understanding that it would likely have happened anyway tells one story about him. His feeling guilty tells us another.

In Wimp, my character thought about the contempt the police officer felt for him when he more likely would have been impressed at the way he took such forceful action. But the character's mindset, to me, included blaming himself for allowing the conditions that led to the confrontation, rather than feeling satisfaction that he promptly brought about a resolution. A real person could have felt either way. I preferred the character who is not always sure of himself.

Of course, authors don't always do that kind of thing on purpose. We may deduce from the other choices he has made and will probably be right most of the time. It's fun to think about, isn't it?

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
love the story

I want to thank you for a beautiful story my heart went out too Gav and Claire i hope her soul will rest at peace i hope the husband got the book thrown at him and they threw the key away.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fair story, to much maudlin material.

Only person with character in it is Libby

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Role Reversal

If the roles were reversed this story would not work. Libby sees the incident and says he will never do that again. The consequences are to great. A man in a similar situation would see her as exactly what Gav was. A selfish inconsiderate bastard. Woman are more forgiving because they are looking for different things then men. They want security and a man to raise their children. Men want an uninterrupted genetic bloodline. This requires monogamy in the female. Is that fair? No but it is life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I feel for the husband.

Yeah, killing his wife was inexcusable, but I don't know how violent I would be if I had found out my wife was gang banging a bunch of guys. There is no such thing as a harmless affair. The violence inflicted upon the husbands soul led directly to the violence inflicted upon her. Considering he called the cops and showed them her body I expect he had no care for himself at the end. One life and one soul slain for the sexual satisfaction of three men and one woman.

I have never understood why I am so fascinated by infidelity stories. They tear me up to read them because the giving of one's body to one's mate is a special, sacred gift. Offering it to others taints it forever, making it no longer special, or sacred. Yes these are just stories... but I hear enough of this in real life to think I am better off with the crushing loneliness of a man who has never slept with a woman than to live life knowing any given day whomever I gave my heart to probably has no clue how little faith I actually would have in her fidelity. I am damned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
talk about consequences!

claire had this need, and dies for it. it was not good for the husband either

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 13 years ago
Excellent

YOu do have to feel bad for the husband, but killing her? The penalty for being unfaithful is not death, unless you are ruled by goat herders. So well that he was jailed himself. And for Clair, sex twice a day or more is not going to end well for her, whatever.

All that said well reasoned and plotted, no leaps of faith or improbably parts. You are one of Literotica's best writers

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago

1* old hide story. But some guys will fuck a cow and that is equal to an old hide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
5 *****

5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

wow what a great read and libby you saved him

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
LOT OF SADNESS IN THIS WORLD

also the next when we leave. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
cheating slut

Gav and his friends were just a tool for Claire. She was the cheating wife and they were there. The husband should have confronted the men and divorced Claire. Gav got lucky with Libby. Lesson learned.

DO NOT CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE.

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Hearts can become dangerously unhinged when betrayed...

Just set them free if they aren't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good old BetrayedBL

Can't blame the man for cheating it was all the Bitchs' fault. At least he's consistent.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
A tragedy for sure and extremely well told.

Poor Claire, we are all different and separate and we have frailities that need the tenderness and love of our special people in our lives. Claire knew her problem and sought help but apparently went off the wagon. This story had tender moments of shared intimacies that proved to be extremely emotional. Claire's husband was never introduced fully as a character more as an affect of a his act in passion murdering his dear wife. Although under different story perspectives may have been characterized very differently. However, this author gave us a view of a frail woman humanized with a mental problem. Mental illness is very serious stuff and can be very detrimental left untreated as illustrated in this story by this author. I felt for Claire and it was very sad for all concerned especially Claire and her husband who's lives were most severely dessimated and totally obliterated and in Claire's case extinguished. 5 stars

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it five stars....

.... Thank you for this fine and unusual story. Panther fan.

Kerry312Kerry312over 9 years ago
LOL

Claire got just what she deserved

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Thought provoking

This story was very thought provoking. It was not your everyday striker but rather caused some deep thinking. I kept thinking that Libby was going to catch Gav in the act. What I did not expect was that Claire's death was going to have such a profound affect on Gav. I could see Gav's and Libby's break up coming but did not see their reconciliation. This is a really good piece of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Kind of silly

Gav blames himself, but if he had refused her, Claire would have just found someone else. I mean, it's not like a decent looking woman has far to go to find a man that wil have sex with her.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Different Perspective!

This story is from a different perspective than most of the other LW tales. However, if she needed more sex than the husband could give her, there is a thing called Divorce. She could than get all the sex she wanted with whomever she wanted. Why does she think that cheating is better? If she would have simply divorced her husband, she would still be alive. But she thought that cheating was better for her.

It's actually a sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Gotta love the Random Story Spinner!

Sure this is a (relatively) "old" story, but I am SO glad I found it. This was an important work, and as others have said, accomplished a novel's worth in just 2 pages! Amazing read to be sure, but the best thing is its ability to make the reader think. Every character in this story can't just only be accepted at face value. There is a depth in each supporting player that doesn't HAVE to be spelled out. The layers are just felt.

Not sure how I missed this before, but finding a 10+ year old story like this just prooves what a great resource Literotica is. Just when I thought I must have read all the really good stories by now, a rare gem like this classic spins up into my evening as a FRESH read.

Thanks Bazzza, and Thanks Lit!!!!

A real 5 star powerhouse!

nedslapnedslapalmost 9 years ago
One of the best

Beautiful story about flawed people, redemption and forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
5*****

Good story. I agree she had divorced she would have lived and her ex husband would not have taken to prison. Very good Consequence story.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Guilt Trip

I get it that he is sorry, but what good does that do Claire or her husband? He shares 50% of the guilt for her cheating, but none of it for her murder. Who cares about the feelings of the guilty? He admitted that he knew he did wrong and did it anyway, that makes it a choice that defines who he is as a person. He cheated on his girlfriend and took advantage of a woman with an emotional/psychological problem. This defines who he is and what he is capable of. That does not change, just because he is sorry now. What if her husband hadn't murdered Claire? He would be no less guilty. In the end, this is a story about a weak, piece of shit who does not deserve any sympathy or compassion. If you were Claire's mother, father, sister, or brother - would you give a shit about this piece of shit?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Your character is an ass....

What is not mentioned in comments is...suppose Claire's husband had forced her to tell him who she'd been fucking?? Suppose the husband found out about the 3 assholes and instead of killing his wife, he beats her senseless, then he goes to the 3's apartment and kills them???

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Quite

a story. Thank you.

calflashcalflashalmost 6 years ago
unusual

Unusual story but very good read. Don't condone Clair's cheating but somehow it made sense. I can't explain it. It's tragic that it lead to her death.

mark73107mark73107over 5 years ago
Sad and cosy

Good story. All the pieces fit together quite nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Original

Very rare here. 5

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 4 years ago
Different

I like different. 5*

jakie1jakie1about 3 years ago
Well written

Quite a story, well written!

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

All the sex in the first portion was overwhelming, but then redeemed by what followed. Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Best story in this category

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

The old double standard!

theVikingSailortheVikingSailoralmost 3 years ago

Exceptionally well done.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

This is one that I haven’t read previously, and wish it had stayed that way. Claire’s husband had a predictable, and extreme, reaction to her cheating. Too bad she didn’t give up her lovers before she died. I’m not a fan of killing cheating wives, but I do like to see the lovers removed from society.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

I don't agree with 26th NC. Claire had a problem that must have been there before she was married, if it surfaced after then the husband had to have seen it developing or just was blind to everything but his own needs. Either way Claire paid to high a price for her problem. Gav saw it the first time he and she met. Libby finally saw that Gav was a victim because of the guilt he felt. I'm sure we all wish we had a do over for something in our past. Every choice we make, send us down a different path. It's a voyage with no clear destination. Claire's path ended in tragedy, Gav took him to a life with Libby and maybe made him a better man in the end. A sad story but one I'm glad I read. 5 stars. Very well done.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

26thNC is too far along the typical fragile male Republican path.

Beyond that it was a good story and could actually be tied to reality far easier than most stories can.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written and makes a great point. Some cheaters are just mentally ill. They put their own selfish "needs" ahead of any moral compass. Gav stepped from being cool around his mates to having a moral compass. A little more character development would have accentuated the story; however, it is better to leave it brief than go back to the 3rd grade picnic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Story gave me some flashbacks to my single years. I didn't recall this event at all for the last 50+ years but it reminded me of a party where a girl came out of a bedroom, grabbed me by the hand and said "Your turn!". I was drunk (close to a black out) but followed her and spent my four minutes with her, left the room, and she came out a minute later and grabbed another guy in the room. As I said - I haven't recalled that moment a single time since that night. Now, it disgusts me because I am sure she regretted this later for the rest of her life. The story is sad - any reality is sadder and if this is even partially a true story, I feel sorry for the author too!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Libby's forgiveness of Gav was immediate and baseless aside from him looking pathetic. There is was no way she could have ascertained a marked change in his values and ethics before she granted his wish to be held. That for which we sacrifice nothing to receive typically holds little value for us. Gav should have had to work harder to regain Libby's respect and trust. That would have made a fundamental change in his character far more likely to endure. I fear reality would seldom follow the fairly magical path of personal growth outlined by the author here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous